Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliette Benoit

Re: Town of Troll's Bane

Post by Juliette Benoit »

A short message is hastily added to the board
I will be away for a while.
~Juliette Benoit.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Last edited by Evie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Let me point this out very clearly, and very bluntly.
The spirit, god, demon whatever floats your pie, said something about someone abusing their magic. Just so as it happens, one Evie had shot up a wall, next to a building, and was gutting animal after animal at the depot around the smithy.

Now, if you're going to gut, kill or butcher anything, you don't do it where everyone stores their ruddy food, potions, herbs and what have you. Clearly, the spirit thingy thought so to, and had one of the guards try and stop said stupidity. Instead of stopping, the mages at the scene decided that the spirit wasn't angry about one's blatant misuse, and simple abuse of the magic, no! It was a trick, to turn everyone against her, because gutting a deer, pig or rabbit at my pie stash isn't a bad thing at all! I digress, but you get the point.

Evie, if you don't want pulled up on your blatant stupidity, do not defend it, growl at those who point it out, insult those who point it out or anything to that effect.

As for your splosh about jealousy. I'm a mage myself, Evie; and it was me who pointed out what the ghost said. What do you have that I should be jealous of, never mind the countless crafters', warriors and farmers who work hard and honest. You think its jealousy that drives the hatred of mages? No, its their shear disregard for their actions.

If you don't feel welcome, well done. You led the horse to the pond, and it drank the whole damn loch. Your problem, and yours alone.

Let no one be fooled, this isn't mages against non-mages, its about stupid people trying to create a 'us and them' situation to save their own ass. I expect more from a supposed mage, but alas..

In Elara's name,
~Tiyron Trill Talltalker Littlethorn~
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Last edited by Evie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

To point it out to the obviously mentally impaired.

YOU DO NOT STORE BLOODY FRESH FOOD WITHIN A FECKING FIELD! IF YOU SLAUGHTER ANIMALS ON A FIELD, THERE'S NO CHANCE OF BLOOD SPLATTERING OVER EVERYONES FECKING FOOD!

Simple enough for you?
Mind you, I find this hardly surprising, considering you're the one who used to fill the Briar's smithy up with bloody fires! Honest to Gods, I've met Orc's brighter than you!

Get your head out of your arse, and quit this victim appeal, because no one -and I mean no one- is buying that utter bullsh..

In Elara's name,
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A small, simple note rests on top of the previous one.
Tiyron,
Please do me next.

~Roland
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

*Reads the postings and shakes her head.*

Ron's rantings aside...

I hope everyone else understood, Evie has helped many that turned on her that day. That is all she wished to convey. You forget all the good in a moment of panic.

All citizens of Bane know that I think we need to work together, mages and non-mages alike. I hope this opens up discussion on how we will beat this terrible threat rather than continue to squable and bicker amongst ourselves.

Please, help us rid our lands of this horrible threat. Focus on the threat not on anything else. Together we can beat it. Together we are strong.

~Uhuru~
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Anyone else love how common sense is put to the side, and subjected to the view that its pure and simple rants? Learn to read, and then learn to think Uhuru - As hard as it may be.. -.

Stupidty aside.
Stop acting reckless, stupid and completely daft with your magic, behavior and otherwise everything else moronic you lot get up to. The only threat to bane, is the chance that they might buy that bullScheiße you lot are selling.

Together, you're strong - and use strong in a very liberal sense -. But with people like yous, they're also as dumb as brick.
The ghost/spirit/whatever you want to call it, is strongest against the dumb.
And no, the ghost daddy didn't make me call you dumb, you're stupidity forced those words from my hand. Nice try at fear-mongering though.
Have a nice day.

In Elara's name,

PS:
Roland, isn't that Leva's job?
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Kyre reads the parchments and chuckles shaking her head wondering aloud...

Who taught these mages they are so powerful they can create animals as in nature, I wonder why they think they can't create humans, elves, dwarfs or even flowers and plants? Don't they know all they create with mana are simply constructs of nature and not real so must be eliminated to restore the balance?

Disappearing in a bolt of lightning as she looks up to the sky grinning.

Nargun, you are playing your tricks again.

One parchment unrelated is left on the board, possibly the purpose of why she was there in the first place though in her distraction it remains unsigned.

When has anyone last seen the Governor?
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Town Meeting

I've decided a town meeting is in order, for one hasn't been held in a good while. So, I ask all Troll's Bane citizens. (And please, citizens only. I don't need input from any other town's citizen.) This meeting is strictly for the people of Bane and is being held to help assure safety in the town as well as happiness and peace.

The meeting will consist of a few different things such as: Magic tolerance, sparring areas, discussion of the jail being opened, the poltergeist issues that have been occurring recently. The end portion of the meeting will include a 'questions and concerns' for all citizens

Some topics may be added by suggestion through me or councilman Oxiana. I hope many of you will come.
We all shall meet in Bane's town square at (insert IG time here :P)

- Leon Demelii, Captain of the Troll's Bane Guard

((The meeting will start on: December, 13 2011 @ 4pm EST (US and Canada time)))
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

A small parchment is nailed to the boards, written hastily and crudely in blood, possibly to make it stand out amongst the others.

Leaders of Troll's Bane! The Leaders of the Stormbloods, or at least one of them, would likes to meet and speak with you concerning a dire matter. Specifically I am speaking to the Guard Captain and the councilor Oxi-man(If the Fooser is not present). This not have to be formal, but it is important.

Send a dove when you be in town. Krazzak around often, he will get it. Just don't expect your bird back.
~Krazzak Urazg Stormblood~
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Existing and prospective citizens of Troll's Bane

In the interest of town security and in preparation for forthcoming elections the Captain of the Guard and I feel it prudent to update the citizen list.

Existing citizens are therefore asked to send word to reconfirm their allegiance to Bane or request removal from the list.

Prospective citizens are cordially invited to contact Leon or myself to be acknowledged as a Citizen of Troll's Bane.

Regards
Oxi
Councillor
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Another parchment is appended to the bottom of the last...

I continue to call for all existing and potential citizens to contact myself or Leon regarding their position.

In light of recent attempts to illegally acquire property I also ask for all land and building owners to confirm their continued interest in holding their entitlements.

Regards
Oxi
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Neatly written parchments are pinned to all gates to Troll's Bane and other prominent positions throughout the Town...

It has become increasingly apparent in recent months that the Government of Troll's Bane is failing the Citizens of our Town. For too long time now we have suffered from the absence of Government officials with two of the Council members and the Governor seen rarely, if at all, for many months. In the absence of any other elected officials there has also been nobody to organise an election for the post I have held and this is now long overdue.

I hereby propose the current position of Governor should be dissolved and the three Council positions put up for immediate election. As previous elections have demonstrated the Town lacks sufficient volunteers with the necessary time to dedicate to such public service. Removal of the position of Governor will reduce the number of elected officials required, thereby reducing the burden on the Town. I suggest that one of the future Councillors should then be nominated by their peers, along with the Captain of the Guard and the Magistrate, to perform the responsibilities previously held by the Governor. With time and if the suggested solution is proven unwise, it should be feasible to re-elect a Governor at a later date.

I ask for any Citizen of Bane with an opinion on this matter to express it now on these Town boards before we would ideally proceed to ask for nominations for the Council positions in the next few dwarven days. I also take this opportunity to appeal for former Citizens and any prospective Citizens of Bane to send me their name to ensure they are included on the updated Citizen list and therefore eligible to vote.

With the greatest regard
Oxi
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

*A small parchment is posted under Oxiana's*

I fully concur. It is time for a change that will actually benefit the town and more importantly, it's citizens. No longer can we take apologies or excuses for the missing officials of our town. We need people that will be there for us in the first place, not people we have to summon for and wait to return. So without question I fully back up councilman Oxiana in this proposal.

-Leon Demelii, Captain of the Troll's Bane Guard
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment appears in a bolt of lightning, most of the words are still readable

Along with Oxiana's thoughtful suggestion, I would like to add an idea for a stipulation that only those people that have been consistently present in the past for possibly a dwarfen month may run for office. I am tired of seeing someone around for a week, get an elected position then disappear.

Kyre
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Added to one of the parchments...

I find Kyre's suggestion an excellent proposal and it should certainly be included for the forthcoming elections.

Oxi
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

I also concur. I like to see the citizen's bring forth their ideas. Wonderful idea!

-Leon Demelii
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

*A parchment is posted beneath the rest*

I agree with Oxi and Kyre. It is time for a change. Let's help Oxi make one that will have a positive effect on Troll's Bane.

Kyre's suggestion will greatly reduce the pool of potential candidates, but I think it will be for the better.

~Uhuru~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings to all,

I support whatever changes are decided upon and I will do whatever maintenance is needed until a replacement is decided upon. I had originally believed that running the town again would be similar to the previous times I did it which included reliable income and the ability to empower land owners. This was not the case this time -- I made a large miscalculation and failed accordingly. There was great optimism when the temple and alliance were driven out with no subsequent options to build on that optimism. But we should remain pleased that the people of Troll's Bane took their own initiative to create something that it had generally been lacking historically: rulership free of large guilds, other settlements, or royalty from the mainland. It needs to be kept this way. I differ from Oxiana in only a few small points. I believe the council should be temporarily disbanded and reinstated when more options for town improvements become available ((post-VBU)).

F
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I have a question Fooser, you said disband the council? then who is running the town? the town needs leadership and set rules.. Set rules are lacking right now, and what rules exist change sometimes hourly and dependant upon who is in town and who is doing what.. more structure is needed not none at all.

Evie
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

If these actions are taken without proper procedure and due process than you have nullified all that Kaiden accomplished and reversed our good town to its former state of unstable governance.
I am here as is Juliette. Will you allow us to complete the term we were elected to? Both of us announced our need of leave and have only just returned.
The objections of those who wish to dominate and rule this town should not be the deicing factor here. It should be a decision of the people.
It is sad that the one Kaiden trusted the most is the one who will wreck all that he accomplished.
Juliette Benoit

I will refrain to make any board post yet about this topic, but Kenfric does not speak for me.
Juliette Benoit
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Having witnessed enough of the nothing that goes on with the current form of government I am more than willing to approve of this and help make it happen. I am so glad that you have brought this solution forth, Oxiana. I'm excited for the changes and opportunities this will make possible.

As a sidenote I feel the need to apologize for my late absence. It is a personal matter which I will be done with in about a dwarven week. I have full trust in certain individuals to do some of my guarding and order keeping in the meantime.

~ S'rrt K'shire
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

PopQuiz wrote:If these actions are taken without proper procedure and due process than you have nullified all that Kaiden accomplished and reversed our good town to its former state of unstable governance.
I am here as is Juliette. Will you allow us to complete the term we were elected to? Both of us announced our need of leave and have only just returned.
The objections of those who wish to dominate and rule this town should not be the deicing factor here. It should be a decision of the people.
It is sad that the one Kaiden trusted the most is the one who will wreck all that he accomplished.

*posts a note underneath*

Many of us are curious as to why all three of you choose now to return? I would like to have an answer to that from each of you. Fooser, Kenfric, and Juliette. How is it that all three of you are to return on the exact same dwarven day? If you wish to fight Oxi's proposal, we must have an accounting of your whereabouts for the months of your absence and why, miraculously, all three of you have chosen this time to return.

~Uhuru~
Last edited by Uhuru on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

I have always held dear and will always protect what Kaidan started and that is ensuring the will of the people of Troll's Bane is met. I have no interest in dominating or ruling Troll's Bane as charged and that was the very reason Kaidan first wanted me on the Council. If anybody feels their absence has been objected to by me alone we can easily hold a pre-election vote to determine whether those positions should be lost. My position remains unaffected and will be up for election regardless, therefore if you believe I seek power then simply do not vote for me. My thanks to those of you who are prepared to work Bane and particularly Leon as our Captain and the brother who has had to suffer my foolish ideas from their earliest concept.

With the greatest regard
Oxi
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Werte Ratsherren und Bürger Troll's Banes.

Bleibt doch bitte ernst! Bei den letzten Meldungen hier, könnte ich den Eindruck gewinnen, Troll's Bane sei einzig ein großer Witz. Die Regoerung will sich selbst auflösen und niemand weis wie es weitergehen soll?

Schaut auf euer Regierungsmodell, insbesondere in die Regelungen zum Wahlrecht und den Rechten der Bürger gewählte Regierungsmitglieder wieder abzusetzen. Die sort geschriebenen Worte sind eindeutig: Es gibt einen legitimen Weg der Erneuerung. Jeder Bürger ist in der Lage und hat das Recht dazu beitzutragen, dass die Stadt sich weiter entwickeln kann und das innerhalb der bestehenden Rechtssprechung!

Wir haben eure Stadt erst vor knapp zwei Jahren befreit. Doch uns und unsere Alliierten am Aufbau einer stabilen Regierungsform teilhaben zu lassen, das wolltet ihr nicht. Ihr wolltet es allein machen.Und nun fällt eure Regierung schonwieder in sich zu sammen? Sagt mir bitte, dass dies nur ein selten komischer Scherz ist...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear councilors and citizens of Troll's Bane,

Make sure, to be serious. I could get the feeling Troll's Bane is only a big joke. The goverment wants dispand itself, and noone knows how to continue?
It is really time again, that I have to remember you on your own words and laws again?

Take a view on the goverment model, inspecial in matter of elections and the rights of the citizens and council members to recall officials. The written laws make clear: There is a legal way to get a change. Every citizen is in right to do something to make this town better as before, within the existing laws!

We freed this town only two years ago. You rejected an influence of us and our allies to form a stable goverment system. You wanted to do that yourself. Now you begin to implode again. Please! Tell me, that this is only a joke...

~Lennier
Souvereign of the Grey Refuge
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose
listed citizen of Troll's Bane~
Juliette Benoit

I can not tell why mister Shalpert and mister Fooser returned at the same time as me, but my own disappearance (Which I did give note of) and return has nothing to do with politics but is personal. I will not go into detail about that, though I did not know of anything that happened on this island due to that I did not even send doves with anyone while I was away. I am not even sure that I have the strength to or will to be a councilor anymore, as this town seems lost arguing over petty things whilst not being capable of seeing the greater picture.

~Juliette Benoit
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Lennier wrote:We freed this town only two years ago. You rejected an influence of us and our allies to form a stable goverment system. You wanted to do that yourself. Now you begin to implode again. Please! Tell me, that this is only a joke...
Stable? You and Tialdin were the first to disappear.

F
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

It is the Citizens who have called their officials to account Lennier. We act now to prevent this drama you imply so kindly refrain from spreading such fear. Long absent officials should expect to be replaced, there is provision for this in the laws and it has been done in the past; it will be done again if it is the will of the Citizens. As for my suggestion regarding the position of Governor, that was put to the Citizen's on Bane for their opinion... does that sound like the implosion you suggest?

Oxi