Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

Re: Town of Troll's Bane

Post by Elijah »

Bravo, bravo.

Let us decline to respond to my arguments until the end of the time because I am the only one who chooses to bring such horse shat to the spot light. Let us, as the leaders of Troll's Bane, respond to criticism and valuable questions by bashing the past of the person who asked it.

I'll be frank, you do understand you're accomplishing nothing by disregarding my legitimate questions and attacking my past? Perhaps the citizens of Troll's Bane should know how I'm "stealing the money of Troll's Bane? And if you shall label me with this crime, perhaps you will also do the same to the Temple as a group, who have stole the town treasury twice already.

I find it very irritating that me, a person that people claim no longer has any reason to care for Troll's Bane, seems to be more concerned about removing the Temple from the obvious power they have in the town than the governor and his members of government.

*A message is tacked on a moment later*

I see you've finally gotten around to asking Mister Drake for an update. Do I have to remind you to do your job about everything?

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

an elf walks by and places a note here.
It is not about being read, it is about being written. a response is not with the time of the writer but his words are priceless to himself. be satisfied with knowing you put the information out there and know that somewhere someone is reading it and being informed. a revolt can start with a single word and eventually one will strike..but for now..keep writing..pay no attention to the feeble minds that plague us. and watch the world turn..and in turn..watch the evil rot away with every word that is written.-the words of a blind elf
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I'm going to ask direct questions to make it nice and simple for you.

Did you go into business with an assassins guild while governor? If so why do they all say you did?
Are you still taking in the town's funds for your personal use?

F
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

You continue to derail and attack me, avoiding valuable questions no one else can summon the courage to ask. I shall answer these questions and propose a list of my own.

Aye, I've stately multiple times in the past that I entered into an agreement with the Legitimate Businessman's Association during my tenure as Governor. You may check the walls, no attacks were made on Troll's Bane citizens during this time period and I offered to call them down when they ravished Tol Vanima. Anyone who wishes more information on my involvement with that group can easily find it jumbled in with your very campaign propaganda, for you used my harrowing accounts of my infiltration of Temple to gain your position.

How could you be so ignorant to forget?

No, I am not taking the town's funds. As I understand it, you yourself are in possession of the town's treasury, and as such, I suspect that you would know better than any of us if something had been stolen from it.

Why do you insist on diverting the town's attention to myself, whenever your own leadership and decisions come into question?
Did Verdazar not commit a medium crime by assaulting a man on the soil of Troll's Bane, and therefore by the contract you wrote, subject to a permanent banishment from the lands of Bane?

Was your government not infiltrated by Orioli, a known Temple member, when you claimed there was no Templars currently within your government?

Did your inactivity and inability to handle the day to day operations of the fair town of Troll's Bane not directly lead to the resurgence of the Temple within it?

How has Troll's Bane stiffened its stance against Temple insurgency in the days after me kicking you in the arse besides vehemently defending them on the walls?

Why, on the day after you were elected to Governor, did you decide on a dramatic reform of the town's laws, which had been agreed on by all election candidates including yourself, resulting in severe limitations on the rights of the citizens of Troll's Bane?

How can a woman who is banished from Bane, and a known Templar own land when she cannot even step foot upon it? Shouldn't this legally eliminate her right of signing off on Troll's Bane land?

What does the Town of Troll's Bane intend to do in the future to keep the Temple from continuing its infiltration of the town, after I've so aptly demonstrated it's lack of ability to currently do so?

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Do to the repairs being done at Silverbrand, I would like to apply for citizenship to Trollsbane.
At first it was just a lot of banging keeping me awake. Now I return from my trip to the mainland to find I can't even get to my bed. A hungover dwarf with no place to sleep is a dangerous thing.
I have served Trollsbane in the past and was a dedicated protector of her. Now I just want a bed and a place to call home.
Please accept me as a citizen. It would be safer for everyone if I was in than out.

Hew Keenaxe.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ An orc steps from the workshop with a hammer, spike, and parchment in his hands. Walking casually, he openly pins this letter to the stone block wall.

"Rantings ob uhh fool, spewed only is dah stench ob jur desperation.

Elijah, yooh are nub only murderah, but yooh wish tah lead odurs on murderous campaign to uhh futile end. Meh know not ob jur oomin clans, but in our horde we do not allow dah deficient tah lead.

Nah yooh hab unjustly accused an ineptly attempted tah kill meh fore being ob dah Templars ordah. Dis being ob liddle maddur ob course when considering dah abundant amount ob past blunders in jur name. Meh feel liddle hate fore yooh, but dah pity felt is great.

Howevah nah, dehr beh limit to muh patience, an yooh hab nearly reached this. Meh urge yooh now, stand down from dis pathetic attempt to rally those whoo would be foolish enough to follow yooh. It beh more dehn apparent by dah marks on muh armah yooh haven't dah slightest idea of those whoo are members ob this Templar ordah yooh seek, let alone hab dah powah to destroy them.

Yooh hab blindly wielded jur blades as yooh blindly wield jur tongue. Once more oomin, an i will acquire both from yooh..."

x Slug'Gnar ob dah North
Last edited by Sir Gnar on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I find it quite odd and almost pitiful that you write the way you speak. I was under the impression that you spoke the way you do out of vocal incompatibilities, not ignorance. I've seen what you did there though. Have a nice hunt, my dear friend.

I shall stand down from my task when it is done, for no other chooses to risk his own life to rid Island of the Temple.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

no other chooses to risk his own life to rid Island of the Temple
That would be because no one but you and perhaps Djironnyma clutches pathetically to an idiotic, baseless grudge against the Temple whose members both of you know little to nothing about. Your supposed war on evil is one based on ignorant assumptions and every day I hear of a new skirmish or attack you are responsible for. During this futile crusade of yours you've killed, injured and maimed more than I ever supposedly have, and I'm meant to be the bad guy? Ridiculous, you make me sick, and your childish efforts are laughable. Grow the hell up and move on, you self-righteous fool.

All this just because you were thrown out of office before those grand plans of yours could be realised? Because we tainted your pristine name which now you try desperately to restore? You dragged it through the mud backwards all by yourself, and the town grew to hate you all on its own. There is no one to blame but yourself. Leave us be, we have no interest in your silly games.

~Stefan Elvaris~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Elijah wrote: Why do you insist on diverting the town's attention to myself, whenever your own leadership and decisions come into question?
Did Verdazar not commit a medium crime by assaulting a man on the soil of Troll's Bane, and therefore by the contract you wrote, subject to a permanent banishment from the lands of Bane?
If one wants to posit themselves as a righteous bane of the temple with the best interest of Troll's Bane's people at heart they are expected to 1) not be temple members 2) not have a history of theft and corruption 3) not have a history of letting foreign groups take advantage of the town. You meet none of those criteria.
Elijah wrote:Was your government not infiltrated by Orioli, a known Temple member, when you claimed there was no Templars currently within your government?
I don't make assessments based on hearsay. Your account of your exploits in the temple never mention her being a member. Also there was a vote taken yet nothing was stated by you or anyone else.
Elijah wrote:Did your inactivity and inability to handle the day to day operations of the fair town of Troll's Bane not directly lead to the resurgence of the Temple within it?
The Temple never had a say in the town's direction and still doesn't.
Elijah wrote:How has Troll's Bane stiffened its stance against Temple insurgency in the days after me kicking you in the arse besides vehemently defending them on the walls?
We don't react against imaginary insurgencies.
Elijah wrote:Why, on the day after you were elected to Governor, did you decide on a dramatic reform of the town's laws, which had been agreed on by all election candidates including yourself, resulting in severe limitations on the rights of the citizens of Troll's Bane?
The charter was adopted as it was originally written on day 1. The governor and councilors reserve the right to amend it as long as all the proper procedures are done. The amending was put up publicly beforehand for anyone to complain, then it was voted on by the council 3-0 and the changes were placed into effect. The most significant thing being the election changes, there were issues that clearly needed to be fixed. Since the limitations of citizen's rights was so severe I would've expected you to put an example at least.
Elijah wrote:How can a woman who is banished from Bane, and a known Templar own land when she cannot even step foot upon it? Shouldn't this legally eliminate her right of signing off on Troll's Bane land?
I already answered that. And I don't see this going beyond a temporary ban while the review is done.
Elijah wrote:What does the Town of Troll's Bane intend to do in the future to keep the Temple from continuing its infiltration of the town, after I've so aptly demonstrated it's lack of ability to currently do so?
What individuals infiltrated? What proof is there to their membership? What actions did they take during that time to push further Temple control? What actions did they take to push any other Temple-driven agenda?

F
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

SECURITY ALERT.....

MUMMIES OF MADNESS ALL OVER BANE TONIGHT BE ADVISED STAY IN DOORS!!

Evie
Evie
Developer

East gate

Post by Evie »

At the moment the interior doors of the East Gate seem to be locked.. the north gate is working properly.. i did not check the south. just a heads up.

Evie
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The Official Anklebiter Registry

There are some folks who like to latch onto the ankles of the town and continue with their petty and unfounded annoyances. I have decided that those individuals are worthy of their own section on the town wall. I will of course have to keep updating as is needed. This is mostly for convenience so I do not have to repeat my arguments and reasoning with these thick individuals over and over again.

Elijah Varrin
Goes on an anti-Temple crusade, can't name any significant infiltration, refuses to talk about his past while highlighting others, and runs away from arguments. He has yet to answer my questions.
Elijah wrote:What does the Town of Troll's Bane intend to do in the future to keep the Temple from continuing its infiltration of the town, after I've so aptly demonstrated it's lack of ability to currently do so?
What individuals infiltrated? What proof is there to their membership? What actions did they take during that time to push further Temple control? What actions did they take to push any other Temple-driven agenda?
Hew Keenaxe
Comes back after getting banned from Troll's Bane and living in another town, expects to be let in as a citizen to vote, and does everything imaginable to put his judgment into question.

Top reasons Hew is not allowed to vote:
1) New citizens are not allowed in during the election period. This limits the ability of opportunists to switch over to Troll's Bane and influence the results. This includes unwanted foreign influences.
2) Hew has told me via a written note that he can be bought and sold:
Hew Keenaxe wrote:My loyalty lies in who has the coins. I will fight for you, or against you, your call.

Hew
3) Hew has assaulted citizens within the walls.
4) Hew has been removed from the Troll's Bane guard and banned during a prior government:
Joxia Doral wrote: Hew Keenaxe has been relieved of duty and is no longer a guard of Trolls Bane. He is also banned from entering town for 2 dwarven weeks and will expected to meet with me then for an evaluation of his behavior and attitude. a decision will be made at that time weather or not to continue the ban.
5) Hew has admitted to starting tavern fights. After being asked to change his ways he refused:
Fooser wrote:Greetings,

I have not acted on your request as you have previously been relieved as a guard in Troll's Bane and also faced other behavior issues. Should I trust you with another chance?

F
Hew Keenaxe wrote:Probably not. Your loss.

Hew
6) Hew resided in another town until days ago:
Hew Keenaxe wrote:Do to the repairs being done at Silverbrand, I would like to apply for citizenship to Trollsbane.
At first it was just a lot of banging keeping me awake. Now I return from my trip to the mainland to find I can't even get to my bed. A hungover dwarf with no place to sleep is a dangerous thing.
GolfLima

Mummies of madness

Post by GolfLima »

greetings to all,
Grüße an Alle,

there are several mummies of madness between the south gate and the farmers union.
zwischen dem Südtor und der Farmers Union sind "mehrere mummies" of madness.

24.Malas 34 04:00

may the Five protect you
mögen die Fünf Euch beschützen
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Damn it all Fooser!
You must really love me!
Just the other day, someone said he was more famous than me. I answered that I was infamous, not famous. Now I really am, thank you. You even gave me more space on the wall than Elijah. That is really nice of you.
Can't wait to see you again.

Hew Keenaxe.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

For those who didn't see already: the east gate is open again.

F
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

*A woman rushes to the board, her face red as she hastily scribbles something on a parchment, forgetting to sign it*

It has come to my attention that we sadly have women in town selling their sexual services. I believe this should be dealt with as soon as possible as Troll's Bane is not just some filthy town that allows anything.
Adronfront

Post by Adronfront »

A grinning man walks to the board and writes something under the last note.

Finally a reason to come to Bane. I can only recommend it.

~unsigned
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

~Kenfric hangs a notice on the town board:~

Missing in a Dragon Cave somewhere on the Mainland.

Tirrend Skye

Rest in Peace, Baron von Hotpants.

~Kenfric turns and walks away.~
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

*A man dressed head to toe in black with a hood drawn over his head writes a note and paces it on the board *

People beware the tree bandit! I have been notified that a Mr. Hybron Titan is digging up people's trees. It is likely he also dug up mine. His intent is unknown as neither I nor the folks who found him doing such Speak the old tongue. however.. If some one will translate I should like to deliver to him a message.

A dove can reach me easily.. though I may eat it for dinner.
~Hermit Darius Kain~

*the man looks around in a paranoid fashion before he wanders off into the night*
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

*A little mage girl reads this notice and frowns, she then send Darius a dove with note attached*

Darius

I found the fattest one I could. Have a nice dinner.

Orioli
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Pierre Francois has been added as a citizen of Troll's Bane.

The matter of Frederic cutting off fingers will be looked into since someone has made a complaint.

All other matters will be on hold until Oxiana returns from his trip.

F
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Citizens of Trollsbane,

The Dar'krest Mountain Clan of orcs has publicly made their willingness to break town laws, attack citizens and residents, known. I advice that all citizens and guards be on high alert should you see a member of the Dar'krest clan.

I will meet them whenever they enter the town should i be about. The council and governor will be informed in full of our relations with the clan as soon as my good friend Oxiana returns from his well deserved vacation.

To guards: Should you see the Dar'krest, the orcs Murgo, and Jag are already banned. On them, attack first, questions later. As for other members, watch them close. For i believe their foolishness may not just be foolishness, but part of something larger.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

An elegantly written note can be found on the town gates.

Sisters! Keep your men close, Uhuru is performing a certain service for free now! At least Brenda Franks had the self confidence to ask for money, I understand Uhuru would have trouble finding customers should she charge a single copper.

~unsigned
NN

Post by NN »

A man walks up to the board, curses filling the air as he rips the note about Uhuru off the board, shredding it into pieces with scissors.
Henric

Post by Henric »

As mister Dji convinced me with some almost killing in town, I hereby declare that any affiliation with the "King" and the "Shadow Council" of myself is over, even though I am not aware that I had any. Also their "game" is over. No more evil doing.
~Henric

*under the note, in shaky letters*
I am guilty of everything mister Dji accuses me of and ever will accuse me of, I don't want to die. Also, the halflings can do with me as they please.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Contract finalized with two council votes:
Contract between the Town of Troll's Bane and Kenfric Shalpert
Regarding the South House:

-The Town of Troll's Bane accepts that Kenfric Shalpert won the open bidding process for the South House with a bid of 7 gold and 20 silver. *Money not paid yet*
-The Town of Troll's Bane has handed over two sets of keys to Mr. Shalpert.
-The money owed will not be paid until this contract is finalized by at least two councilors.
-The owner has all the rights and limitations found within the land rules in the town charter.
-The owner may not remove the property from Troll's Bane jurisdiction or else this contract is void.

Kenfric Shalpert, bid winner

Fooser, Town of Troll's Bane
The town also accepts ownership transfer of the arena from Orioli to Evie and Uhuru.

F
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

- Sloppily writing something as he passes

~ Whoo was dah highest bidder? Slug, dahts whoo!
8 gold fool....

May dah piss of every hog on Gobaith be spread over your dwelling and land.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

A new punishable crime has been proposed and accepted by the council by a 3-0 margin. It will be in effect once the judge finalizes this change. I have clarified the punishment language to avoid ambiguities.
II Medium offences

I. Prostitution

Selling ones body in an explicit manner inside the town walls is against the law and will be dealt with accordingly. Punishments can include a warning or fine in initial cases and a ban or loss of citizenship in repeated cases.
For:
~Juliette Benoit
~Oxiana
-Sir Kenfric Shalpert

F
Rakshasas

Post by Rakshasas »

Dear Troll's Bane Government Officials,

On behalf of Zzyathis, I wish to speak with you all on the possibilities of forming a treaty. Some of you may or may not already know about my wish to create a treaty with your town, for I have asked more then once in the past. I ask that this time we actually get to sit down and speak of it.

You can contact me by dove.

In Her Name,
Rakshasas Asasabonsa
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings,

I spoke to another lizard regarding this a few days ago. We will have to set up a meeting.

F