Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

Re: Town of Troll's Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

You were once part of the Temple, Alli. So if you are saying that the Temple cannot have changed...what is to say that you have either. Or why even that your word is more trustworthy than mine.

~*~Joxia~*~
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

The questions you all should be asking yourselves is:

What is the purpose of the temple as of now? Why does it even exist? Besides running the orphanage and saving kittens from drowning, that is. Oh wait. They don't. So why would the temple with their questionable past even exist if they hadn't something planned?

As to them obeying the law. Wouldn't an organization trying to take control of town try to raise as little suspicion as possible and adhere to the law, taking over when the time is right? I will just point to the fact that the head of the temple Verdazar is being suspected of attacking an old man together with a member of the government. Is this really more than just chance?

They call themselves "Friends of the guard". It is a close step to actually being guards themselves and thus being part of the government.

Right. They defend town. Isn't that in their best interest? Making people believe they have changed, convincing them to let their guard down. Plus, if they want to take over, they should make sure they can control the town by force.

Naturally, someone will direct me to the statement where it says they have no powers whatsoever besides what an ordinary citizen has. That is correct. The title "Friends of the guard" implies official support from the government, though, and no ordinary citizen holds that title.

Currently, it seems to me that the ruling bodies side with the temple. They use the violence committed and point at the temple, stating "Poor victims". The reasons for the attacks are entirely ignored. The crimes the temple committed are numerous and should not be easily forgotten.

As many of you may know, I am running for the office of governor. My primary concern is be the complete removal of all parts of the temple from our town. I shall not watch as they once again take over, free to do as they please. I ask those that oppose the temple to vote for me, I will make sure our voices are finally heard.

~Malluar Denstri, concerned citizen.

On a sidenote:
Some people do change. Demon worshipping, power hungry criminals do not.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

One dark night Kyre arrives in town and stops to read the board carefully before pointing one bejeweled hand to a blank parchment, the words now appear as she speaks.

Fredric Drake, it is refreshing to read posts without prejudice and understandable, are you elven?

There is a space between sentences as if the speaker paused in her reflection.

Are you still a member of The Bearers of the Fire Malluar Denstri, concerned citizen,running for the office of governor?

Kyre

Continuing to speak though no one is around, the words appear on the parchment as she begins to move items from her depot.

Since this town board seems to have degenerated into a discussion of the temple, not having ever been a member, I wonder when the last violent action of the temple has been? No one seems to be very specific on that point. I certainly haven't seen or heard any though may have been off in the skeleton forest at the time. The most violence in town has been from anti-temple alignment. Farewell Eliza, enjoy the fish!

Kyre leaves Eliza's and the board not realizing the last of her words were also written.
Last edited by Kyre on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

A large figure approaches the board and reads the second to last post. Shouting into the night "Ye little SHITE!!!"

Thank you Mauller,

You have proven my point better then all my parchments could have. Look upon this last posting, my fellow citizens. Please, do look. Not only has this lad not read the prior posts (obviously) for his lack of context. But he simply restates an issue that should have been settled not two posts ago. The TEMPLE have not acted as 'friends of the guard' for weeks now, 3 at the least. An yet this man, and very few like him continue to dribble on about it.

This is what i was writing about, my fellow citizens, this is the pointing fingers and witch hunting to which fans the flames into a blaze that will consume the entire town in its madness. This man is an opportunist, nothing more. Playing on your fears of the temple and their hold on the town....oh wait ive covered that multiple times, there isn't one. I have even invited people to send me doves with evidence pointing to a temple member within our government.
I have not received a SINGLE dove.

Would you like to know why that is? It is because these war mongers and malcontents have no evidence because there is none. What they want is for the temple to be kicked completely out of bane, not allowed to breath our air or walk our streets. Where is the justice? I ask you this simple question and i pray to malachin you find the answer. Where is the justice? We all know the history of the temple, as many lived through it, and others recount it time and time and time and again. Acts of atrocity are never to be looked on likely. And they never have been. MEMBERS of the temple have also fought beside the town. Former and current members have acted valiantly against many a rising evil.

The temple as it was or is, or what ever you would have it. Is evil. I could give a ogres left eye about the organization. Simply because it simply does not matter any more to this town. Laws were written to prevent the temple involvement in the town, lo and behold, there isnt any. If it would satisfy you damned fools who prattle on about the friends of the guard. I can ask our own guard captain remove the title. Because it honestly does not matter. BUT NOTE THIS, that will be the first and only concession i even consider giving to you people on this subject.

This matter should have been done with. I tried to have it so earlier on, so allow me to be clear. KEEP YOUR BLOODY FIGHT OUT OF TROLLSBANE!!! There is no temple here, so go spread the seeds of blood somewhere else. Go spread your rumors and hear say somewhere else. Go level your accusations somewhere else. I speak as a TRUE CONCERNED CITIZEN, who put his name first on the citizen list that Kaiden first drew up.

If any of you bring war into the town. It will be met and destroyed by our guards, citizens, and officials. This is a note to EITHER party. Temple or not. You will leave our town, just on the brink of something good out of it. Or you will be met with everyone, and everything, that we are.

Fredric Drake, concerned citizen, PROUD citizen. Judge.

The man then reads the following not and offers a small smile and speaks into the night "Maybe there is hope yet"
Last edited by Ereaes on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

Dear Kyre,
I never have been a member of the Bearers of Fire, you must be misinformed.

Dear Freddy,
I do not bother reading your lengthy defenses of the temple. I'd like to see actions, not shallow words. Actions in the sense of law, not spilled blood, which I condemn. Even if the temple is no longer called "Friends", it doesn't change the fact that they were. Only after protests of citizens the name was removed. If no one would have said a thing, they would still be called that.
Do you really want to wait till we have evidence in the form of a temple government? It might be a bit too late then. If we had any evidence beyond rumours, it would mean they'd utterly suck at hiding their evil. Which they do not. However, sometimes the presence of rumours should concern us, too.
I even have to admit I am an opportunist. As a proud citizen of this town, who maybe hasn't put his name on the first list of citizens such as you, Freddy, I take this opportunity to get rid of the temple once and for all by offering my services as governor. I think the battle against the temple should not be fought by spilling blood, but by introducing the laws necessary to safekeep this town.

P.S.
Freddy, you accuse others of spreading rumours. Yet you seem eager to discredit those voicing their opinion against the temple. I do hope you return to reason.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Greetins.

Mauller,
I know your intentions. You are a bottom feeder, an opportunist. There is not even an election yet and you area already attempting to get popular opinion on a very very dangerous issue. What you fail to realize, is that it isnt the popular opinion. Oh and im not defending the Temple, im merely stating facts, which none of those spouting accusations seem to be able to do. Curious that.

The Irony in this, is that i was called biased, when clearly, everyone who speaks on the temple, is. In one way or another. I have stated the deeds that both have done while i have been judge, and from my view point, guess what? The anti temple has broken more laws, hurt more people, than the temple has. For such an evil organization as the TEMPLE to be OUT CLASSED in hurting and killing people, that should make you really, really think hard. You hate blood shed, do you Mauller? Because what your inviting is simply that, more blood shed. You and your ilk continue to fan the flames. But believe me, i will always be there with a bucket, to put out the flames, and your little thoughts of grandeur.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

Hey Freddy,
That is precisely the idea behind an election. Many citizens may be too scared to speak out in public, if they are concerned, they can give their vote to whom they think represents them best. And again, you are defending the temple. It has been outclassed in bloodshed? Are you serious? Do I understand you correctly that if there is someone more evil and violent it makes those less evil and violent acceptable? That is not how my understanding of morale and society works.
Again, my words are. Ban the temple. No more violence will occur afterwards, I am sure of it.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

May I request a list of actions and misdeeds the temple has actually done recently? Not a lot of words with facts and hearsay mixed in but a true list. Also I request a list of what the anti-temple has done. That way the actions of both can be brought to light and the people can see what has and what has not been done. I neither defend or condem either side, I simply would like a telling of what the facts are and only the facts. Speeches can hide and lead but lists simply state.

shandra the tailor
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

How ignorant can the people be?

Perhaps these crimes, as the side with the most intelligence has been stating, were made to prevent crimes that the Temple will most assuredly commit? For, as history has shown, they've went by the exact same blueprint for four dwarven years. The Temple has one plan, and that is to dominate the citizens of Troll's Bane, as well as a goal they'll never achieve. Gobaith.

Still, this so called Judge defends the system after one of his Government members was removed from her position after attacking someone (and for being a templar member), and Verdazar defended her by sending a man to the cross. Where is the vehement bashing of the Temple for these actions? Where is the clusters of parchments dedicated to that instance where Temple involvement in the Government is clear and Verdazar broke a signed contract? Instead, he bashes citizens and men who are defending the town against such an evil order that is the Temple.

Does his outright denials and furious backing of the Temple, an order bent on regaining power in Bane, not give some leniency to the attack on his person?

Unsigned
Last edited by Elijah on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

After walking a bit and returning to the board, a new note is noticed and read with a slightly puzzled smile.

Dear unsigned,

Thank you for your input but as most of the letter was directed at Malluar and Fredric I find your disrespectful comment to be useless as to what was requested. That point of view has been stated a number of times. I simply wish a list of facts, not hearsay and conjecture or opinion mixed with facts. If that is too much to ask then perhaps discussion is pointless.

shandra the tailor
psdononymous

Post by psdononymous »

I request to be a citizen of Trolls Bane please.

Tentatrice Ayx
~Inquisitor Trainee
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

May I remind anyone that seems to be slow, or dim witted - or perhaps both - that for you to run for any office, vote or have say in Banes government. You must first have only sole alliance to this town. If you have links, chains or some other form of connection to the other towns, you're wasting your time, breathe and parchment. Residents may not vote, residents may not run for office. But that doesn't stop them from acting the ass..

~Unsigned~
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

I shall add that part to the constitution once I am governor. Thank you for your input. Naturally, you can give a town your sole allegiance while being the citizen of another one.
~Malluar Denstri
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A whispered argument can possibly be heard at the town board that after a few minutes seems resolved as an elfess with almost silver eyes writes eloquently on a small piece of parchment.

I would like to apply for dual citizenship Sirs/Madams

Taiah Daekash
Citizen of Tol Vanima but also desiring citizenship in Trolls Bane.

Walking away one may hear another whisper as she glances to the empty space next to her.

Maybe just think about applying Caiah?
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Be greeted,

As per usual these parchments apparently prove nothing, and are nothing more than a vent for most of the ideals you wish to FORCE on others(thank you mister Elijah). Or Perhaps nothing more to further your pathetic dreams of grandeur(thank you mister Elijah and Mauller).

However, i thank Miss Taiah Daekash(However their is no dual citizenship, you can become a resident.) and Tentatrice Ayx for their interest to become citizens of our fine town. I will make certain to speed your request along.

Miss Shandra, i must also thank you. For asking for evidence, an unbiased assessment of the crimes committed by both sides that you may judge for yourself. Such logic is quite refreshing, here is the said list

Anti-Temple Crimes-
Assault and attempted murder of Fredric Drake (x2)
Assault and attempted murder of Oxiana(x2)
Assault and attempted murder of Leon
Assault and attempted murder of Joxia(x2?)
Assault and attempted murder of Slug
Ban breaking(x5) Disturbing the peace (x40000000000)< That i place for every discussion and heated debate that resulted from the Anti-Temple attacks.(actual infractions=5-6)

Temple crimes-
The assault and attempted murder of Asliendor(this particular case is under review)
Well, ill be damned, thats all.

Now allow me to make this absolutely clear the statistics(apart from the first disturbing the peace) are all true. If asked i will provide the complete story as has been rendered to me for each and every one. Fools that shout "Temple defender!!!!" "Collaborator!" "Temple Lover!!!" Or anything of that sort, allow me to tell you this. I have fought beside temple members, i know a few temple members, but never have i "collaborated" with them to in any way hurt the town or subvert the town (Unlike some Elijah). I have never, and will never have any link to the organization apart from that i know a few of its members. "Temple defender!!" I am judge, do you know what that means? I means that i have to asses cases, enforce the law, exact punishments for law breakers, and make certain other government positions do not act outside of the law. Am i defending the group as a whole? By Malachin, no. I am defending individuals who have not committed crimes while i was judge. Why? I don't know, their law bidding? OH and my dearest elijah, your not a citizen, in case you didn't know, any criminal is not to be considered a citizen of the town until their punishment and service to the town has been paid back.(that was in one of the much earlier postings. Tough rocks, your an out law, deal with it.)

Miss Kyre, i thank you for your kind words. No i am not an elf, but one does not need elven blood to see reason, and i have attempted to make certain reason comes with any of my parchments. Miss Shandra, i hope my list helps.

Alright, i am going to write this on a parchment, so my brains do not explode from my head. How does this quote make any sense, what so ever? Mauller...never mind, i have wasted enough ink on you.
MyNameHere wrote: Naturally, you can give a town your sole allegiance while being the citizen of another one.
~Malluar Denstri

Fredric Drake, Proud citizen of trollsbane, Judge.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Thank you dear fredric. It has been very enlightening as to events and some things I have heard. Thank you for taking the time and I do hope your head is feeling better. Perhaps more will see events as they really are now and will consider that before making a choice of actions or inaction.

shandra the tailor
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Thank you for your consideration anyway Sir. I know there has been dual citizenship in the past having been allowed the status previously and if the council deems to again allow would appreciate my consideration at that time.

Taiah Daekash
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Fredric,

I will not deign to bantering upon the walls of this town, as your reply seems to invite. I will, however, speak with you in person if you will allow, for I believe we both have much to say on the issue. Too much is misunderstood for any reasonable discussion to be made on parchment.

If you would kindly add a list of the Temple's crimes in entirety to the list requested by Shandra, I would be most grateful. The past mustn't be forgotten concerning such issues.

Sincerely,
Alli Zelos
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Alli Zelos wrote: If you would kindly add a list of the Temple's crimes in entirety to the list requested by Shandra, I would be most grateful. The past mustn't be forgotten concerning such issues.

Sincerely,
Alli Zelos
Be reasonable. The list must be shortened for we would not want to use up the entire supply of parchment on the Island.

~A Watcher~
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Indeed.

I could make such a list. It would take a very very very long time, but i could make such a list. And while i am at it, i can go back and document every crime committed by every member that i have said as "Anti-Temple". As well as every crime of the dwarfs of silverbrand, as they too, at one point in time attacked the town. Don't forget Norther rot, or even Varshikar in her day had attacks against the town. You would like me to go back and recount any of your crimes as well? Everyone else on the isle as well?

Perhaps i did not make myself clear the first time. I shall spell it out "During my time as judge the temple has posed little to no threat to the town because of laws preventing them from holding any sway in the government, and also that the members have not committed actions against the town, or crimes for that matter." Also, in recent history i challenge anyone to tell me how many crimes have been committed (recently before i was judge) that involved the temple. While i was not judge back then, i helped the guard at every opportunity i could. And i do not remember temple crimes in a high rate. Further back, indeed the temple has her fair share of crimes. Show me permanent bans that hold effect today. Shall i continue to judge the dwarfs? The former Norther Rot? How about many fine folks that we have come to love now days that have indeed, committed crimes in the past? Shall i put their heads on the block as well.

I am Judge, and as such have to hold true to the law, and the law is fair. If i shall dredge up every temple crime, i should have to dredge up every other criminal and organization that ever threatened this town. Is that what is wished?

However. I do agree miss Alli, that we should meet face to face rather than on the board. And i thank you for your courage in suggesting it.(there was no sarcasm there. I am actually thankful, i have long since grown weary of the banter on these parchments.)

Fredric Drake, Judge
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

HeXiS wrote:*a man walks up posting and message on the board.*

I, Darius Kain, have recently spent much time in replanting my fallen apple orchard..

With this said I want it well known that the fruit of the trees, meaning the apples, are freely available to any one seeking to collect them.. However!! The chopping of the trees of Riverside is prohibited with out consent. If you are a carpenter you may apply for a license to cut. The license is a contract laying out specific rules of cutting. In addition I will mention that all current contracts previously regarding the chopping of Riverside trees are null and void.

To apply for a Contract see me in person or send me a dove.

know well that those caught poaching on Riverside will be: yelled at, treated poorly in public, hugged by possibly naked persons of male persuasion, and where applicable attacked on sight.

Darius Kain,
Grovestriders commander,
Riverside Lumber Barron
Translation wrote:ein Mann kommt daher und heftet eine Nachricht an das Brett

Ich, Darius Kain, have kürzlich viel zeit damit verbracht, meine gerodeten Apfelplantage wieder anzupflanzen.

So will ich sagen, dass es bekannt werde möge, dass es einem jeden frei steht die Früchte, also die Äpfel, zu pflücken. Jedoch!! Das Fällen der Bäume von Riverside iss ohne Einwilligung verboten. Wer ein Handwerker ist, mag sich um eine Lizenz bemühen, um diese zu fällen. Die Lizenz ist ein Vertrag, der die genauen Regeln für das Fällen festlegt. Dem füge ich hinzu, dass alle bisherigen Verträge über das Fällen von Bäumen in Riverside null und nichtig sind.

Um einen Vertrag auszuhandeln, kann man mich in Person treffen oder eine Taube schicken.

Es sei euch gesagt, dass folgendes den Personen, die in Riverside wildern passieren wird: sie werden angeschrien, öffentlich gedemütigt, von möglicherweise nackten Personen auf männliche Art umarmt werden und eventuell angegriffen sobald gesichtet.

Darius Kain,

Grovestriders Commander
Riverside Holzfäller Baron
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* reads the things above his parchment and frowns writing something new*

This is all silly.. and childish, a lot coming from me. this board is for important postings not silly squabbles. please conduct this arguments around a table or let it be.

also i'd point out im not on the list of " every one who did some crime" unless you count my drunken night of nude hugging.. the past is the past. and digging it up over and over will only cause more trouble. learning from the past does not mean you throw it in peoples faces it means that YOU as an individual make changes in YOUR life and way of life. to prevent YOUR own mistakes repeating. every one seems to want a governor who never sleeps and will always be present. and guards who are likewise.. that would be nice but we all know deep down that it wont happen. Elijah tried very hard in his time as governor to do his job to his best. or at least i want to think he did. he made decisions and acted on them Fooser does the same. as did Joxia, and Jorokar before them. Fooser is a nice and caring lizard and i grow tired of hearing complaints. " he's never around" " he hasn't fix MY problem" he's not a damned genie!! he's a person. like every one else he's got problems like all of us personal and public as we all do. it wont matter who governs the town if people don't stop squabbling and work together for the town.. so what if the temple or bearers or the knights or what ever faction benefit in some way so long as the TOWN can benefit. this is why i left the guard in the first place. people wouldn't stop complaining that we weren't ALWAYS where they wanted or needed us.. we are people. just when i had considered rejoining the guard i hear talk of replacing the governor. which will solve nothing it'd be best in my opinion if instead of focusing on one person to lay our blames or a group that we instead look at our selves and try to amend our own faults.. me im a lil off up in the head region.. cant deny that but at least i try to aid the guards when i can. i may not be paid for my service but i put it in when i'm here. im not very strong but im doing my part as a citizen of bane to keep murder and robbery from showing it's face to my best ability.

~Darius Kain~
Concerned citizen of Bane
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I find it highly amusing that some of those asking us to consider the Temple's past in these affairs were, at such a point, members themselves. It also seems rather ironic to me that some of those who say that Templar can never change are, again, former Templar. Or is it only that those willing to betray their brothers are capable of such a miraculous change in character?

For my own part it must be said that I have friends who are not a part of the Temple, and still retain close ties with other former members who departed under much more favourable circumstances. If one is to believe that the only people I defend are Templar, then it would seem we have numbers in the hundreds for I have defended Bane and its people for many years. The reasons for which I doubt many would believe or understand. We are a collection of individuals. Some of us may have grand plans to enact. Others simply do not care. The Temple does not concern itself with who runs Bane so long as they do not bother us. Infact I was quite happy staying far away from Bane untill Elijah and his minions decided to cause so much bloodshed within its lands. I would have far preferred Bane to be able to keep its own peace so that there was no need for me to intervene.

Finally, let us clarify one thing; there is no sole diety that is worshiped in the Temple. Under Avalyon's rule, some followed Moshran. Under mine, there was no requirement to serve any God. Members are free to serve whichever, if any, God they choose. Joxia I believe follows Nargun, and as an antitheist myself I find the accusation that I follow any God, particularly Moshran, highly offensive.

~Verdazar Ivinius~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Yes, Mister Verdazar. You defended Troll's Bane so gallantly when the Bearers invaded. You defended Troll's Bane against Netharia, you defended Troll's Bane against the power grabbing ways of Elijah Varrin and Joxia Doral, and you defended them against your multitude of minions.

We should all bow at your feet for your sacrifice, oh wise and gracious Verdazar, defender of the common folk, generous savior of the Island.

Oh wait. I am somehow mistaken? You fled when the Bearers attacked, and were a major component of all the rest?

Yes, you've defended the town. But only when it was in YOUR best interest.

*No signature is left.*
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Because I was once again asked for the position of the Order of The Bearers of the Fire concerning the attacks of Elijah Varin and his friends. We condemn any form of force and assaults which happens so aimless and without the need contentual differentiation, Even if some of the victims are our enemy's.

~Djironnyma
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

I agree that the past is importiant in the lessons it can teach but to live in the past or to hold it so tightly that we refuse to see that people can change is to harm not only ones self but those around them. I my self have changed since I came to the island not so long ago and yet some refuse to see changes in myself as well as in others. It is correct that some refuse to change much but to grow is to change just as a plant puts out new leaves as it grows. If it does not, then it whithers and dies even if the body lives on. Some changes can be subtle and some drastic but change and growth happen. Learn the lessons of the past but do not let it blind you to the present. The future is for us to write, do we blindly stumble into it or do we open our eyes and embrace it. This is for all of the island and not a select few. For all the island is connected and the actions of one affect the whole.

shandra the tailor
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The arena has changed ownership as per the previous owner's decision:
Drathe wrote:Dearest town Gov, I have sold the Arena to Orioli.

~Blue~

F
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

I find it quite odd that one of the stipulations regarding the auction of the South House is that the bidder must not currently be under investigation for a crime. Excluding this contradiction of the way land is leased in Bane today, Orioli was banished from every area of Troll's Bane besides Northbridge. How can someone own and tend to land when she is not even allowed on it?

I also wish to ask how the investigation, if you are to reply that the investigation involving Orioli has already been completed, of Mister Verdazar is coming along. I believe myself and the rest of the citizen base are very interested into hearing when his permanent banishment will take effect.

Elijah Varrin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

First, timing is important, and I delayed announcing the news of Drathe's transaction for some days, meaning it is legitimate for the time it actually occurred.

Second, you seem very concerned about outside influences and proper conduct. I think we should take a break and talk about you going into business with the Legitimate Businessman's Association, an assassins guild, while still governor. And also how you are still leeching the town's money to this day. I'd like to hear you talk about that.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Mr Drake,
What of your review of Orioli's situation? It has been some days now.

F