Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Re: Town of Troll's Bane

Post by Fooser »

psdononymous wrote:It looks to me that the Government under Fooser has grown a bit lax.
If the choice is between "lax" and "corrupt" then we accept the compliment.
psdononymous wrote:Is there to be another town meeting any time soon? I thought they were going to be held regularly.
If citizens have a list of things to go over, then of course. But as it stands there are no large scale threats to the town (which used to be a good thing?) and according to you ownership issues aren't worth anyone's time. So what would you like to discuss?
psdononymous wrote:Does Trolls Bane still have a judge or Magistrate?
His name is Darian.
psdononymous wrote:When did Tirrend become Baron of Southfields, I can find no public posting of this.
A few months ago.
psdononymous wrote:And what happened to the idea of getting some of the treasury back out to citizens that I saw
I like this idea as well but one must be careful how much is lent out as we are not getting tax money from the teleporters any longer. Currently the town offers compensation to guards and crafters.
psdononymous wrote:and now is this silent auction...this benefits the public how?
Ask the growing list of people who want to live here in a house.
psdononymous wrote:And if Athian is right about Garon, well i for one would like some reassurances before putting my hard earned coin at risk in this auction.
Athian is not correct on these matters .. owning property in and around Troll's Bane is a privilege and one is expected to upkeep their property and be an active participant in town matters. Anyone claiming to be a previous owner is in the wrong if they try to change the locks. But if someone somehow convinced both the builder and the locksmith, and therefore beyond anyone's control as the structure is left to crumble, then the money would be returned. It is ridiculous to suggest anyone would commit such a blatant theft.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

--Orren Paddick is on notice for inactivity--

F
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Dear Fooser,

I can admit what Athian said. Garon himself tod me more than oone time.

Celdea
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

Dear stagnate Fooser the looser of hope,

I hope you really realize what a sorry sight Trollsbane remains. Such as dusk in the musky reign. Such is as how you have been on sitting, pitiful displays in days where promises seem like nay-says.

An inactive banishment for all? Can such a community so small and still shrinking get behind that way of thinking?

I think that you must think again.

~Winner of hope
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

There was a parchment on the large wooden door to the building east of Trolls Bane embedded with an arrow. Some may happen to see it before a halfling manages to pull it out with great difficulty leaving a dent in it's place. The parchment that now floats down the river having been thrown there by the halfling, proclaims to fish and lizards alike...

Garon's Place
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Zot wrote:Dear Governor, chancellor, king or what ever you are,

it has been brought to my attention that you have some trouble with the house of mister Goldhand.
The building belongs to Troll's Bane and the keys won't be changed by him, i already talked with him about this issue.

Zot
Buildingmaster
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings,
The duo of Oxiana and Leon have won the bidding after 1 dwarven week and will receive rights to the building along with 2 keys for a total of 8 gold coins along with a monthly tax hereafter. The final contract will be written shortly.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I will be holding an open meeting time at the inn, first floor, for anyone to walk in and discuss their concerns or questions for the next hour or two.

F
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

* A note is hung on the front of each gate*

The dwarf Rogas is now officially banned from the town of Trolls Bane for assault and stealing from Councilman Oxiana.

*He then writes to the dwarf directly*
I am giving you no chance to clear your name, if I see you in the town, I will not only kick you out, but throw in a free beating. Consider that a threat.

Oh, and don't think I'm letting this go. You will be seeing me, in or out of town.

-Leon Demelii, Captain of the Guard.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Leva Beliu and Roland Ross

Since these two citizens are unable to get along in any way imaginable, and continue to make complaints about the other, a new set of guidelines will be made.

-Leva must remove her mocking words about Roland from the town wall.
-Leva must place an apology in its place.
-If either individual has a clear case of unprovoked harassment by the other from this point forward they may come to the town to punish them or they may act as they please without intervention of the town or guards.

F
Rabbidhare

Post by Rabbidhare »

Someone has gone around town and cleaned the blood off of all the doors, sloshes of water and caked blood can be found scattered near said doors.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The Members of the "ET", specially the human Jefferson Grey are banned until Further notice from Kumdah, in reason of heir threats and attacking against our close friends and allies of Tol Vanima we recognise them as our enemy's.

Die Mitglieder der "ET", ins besonderen der Mensch Jefferson Grey sind bis auf weiteres aus Kumdah verbannt, ob ihrer Bedrohungen und Angriffe gegenüber unseren engen Freunde und Verbündeten von Tol Vanima sehen wir sie als unsere Feinde an.

~Djironnyma,
for the Bearers of the Fire
für die Träger des Feuers

Now you can all see what kind of friends of Trolls Bane the Bearers of Fire really are.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Fooser wrote:Treaties
Regarding the Temple

This policy will effect the following individuals who are/were actively part of the Temple:
-Joxia Doral
-Verdazar
-Dain
-Silas Farron
-Retlak

*Temple members will officially be able to walk freely again within the lands of Troll's Bane.

*Temple members will be permanently banned from residence and citizenship. They may not own land, they may not be guards, and they may not vote.

*Members of the Temple cannot directly receive any money from the town for services such as when the town purchases weapons and armor, or when the town makes any other purchase.

*Any of the individuals above will continue to be allowed to walk freely in Troll's Bane unless they are found guilty of a medium crime or worse (see the town laws on the guard parchment for clarification). If found guilty of one of these crimes their permanent ban will be reinstated with no hope of it being lifted again.

*If any individual listed above commits a crime or wages war on another settlement or town their permanent ban will be reinstated.
And even on this list Stefan Elvaris and Seregon arent written down - anyway Trolls Bane chose the Temple once again. If Trolls Bane thinks they can protect their Citizens with the followers of chaos and evil it is their choice. We will watch, but for sure not help the Town in any way as long as a part of their Guard are Temple members.

Best wishes, ~Djironnyma
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

*A parchment slowly materialises out of flames to rest under the previous one*

Djironnyma,

You’re right; it is the people’s choice, and I personally tire of your senseless accusation about the Temple and how they supposedly follow evil gods and wallow in chaos. I and the others are past such times. We Templar step in when no one else has the courage or strength to do so, the guard was laughably weak, the town’s defences pitiful, and now it is not.

Last I checked, all who call Bane their home, be it lawfully correct or not, have the right to take up arms and defend it. I cannot recall you lending your aid in the towns defence once, you even attacked it recently. Trolls Bane does not need your help, so I second your notion for keeping your pointed nose behind your boarders. If it wanders too far, it may just lose its tip.

Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Whom does the Temple protect the town against? Groups that they themselves create in order to defeat to look like heroes while gaining money? The LBA was a Temple creation as well as most assuredly this new attempt by Jefferson Gray. You speak about being a Templar as if it such a great cause to our island. Please, save these walls from your shat and stop writing with your arse. You didn't even defend the town against the "biggest baddest evil on this island," in the Bearers when they attacked. You ran and hid like the cowards you are.

Do us all a favor and crawl back to those shadows, because no one is asking you to protect us from YOU.

I support Mister Djironnyma and as a citizen of Troll's Bane, I ask for Fooser to stand up to his written word and fulfill what he said. If he does not, I would gladly support the Bearers coming back and whipping your arse again.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Citizen of Troll's Bane
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

A plot, a ploy they could simply be playing coy!

Imagine this, if you will,
a story to make your heart stop and stand still.

A group is banished from the towns,
from the walls and them same grounds.

The group splits in the light, having a great fight,
making sure to slash each other in Brágon's daylight.

One side is hailed saviors of the land,
many'a Baner wishing to shake Templars' hand.

Whilst one side slips back into the shadows light,
waiting for the next time they have to pretend to fight.

If this sounds funny, fickle too you,
and you find yourself asking what ever should you do.

Here's a suggestion, an idea if you will,
make an alliance with those who'd happy foot the bill.

For why use Templar to fight a Templar blight,
when the Bearer's would gladly share their light?

~ The silence that is common sense ~
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Elijah,

We protect the town from people such as you, slithering their way into rule. You’re one to talk about looking like a hero while gaining money you worm, you trampled upon the poor to fill your pockets when you were Governor. You’re no better than you seem to accuse us of being.

Perhaps the citizens have forgotten who sold himself as Djironnyma’s bitch to gain the favour of the Bearers while pretending to be best of friends with the Temple and displaying your good intention by taxing half the population of this isle. I never liked you, I never trusted you, and I have every notion to strike you clean across the face next time I see you. Consider that an invitation to step up and defend yourself with a blade rather than words. I’m sick of your insults, so grow a spine or silence yourself.

Also, for those who do not want me as their lieutenant, speak now and we will hold a vote. I will step down from my position of lieutenant if the numbers satisfy me. Opinions of narrow minded fools like yourself and pointy nosed Bearers will be ignored.

~Stefan Elvaris~
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

A bunch of parchments are littered next to each other
Morbius wrote: taxing half the population of this isle.
~Stefan Elvaris~
Because Taxing is certainly as bad as stealing, claiming and demanding land which one has no right to. Hell, you forgot to mention that part where the people within this town were treated as lower beings. Pity your mind forgot said piece of information

~Common sense in written form~
Joxia wrote:After seeing the sad decay of what was once a peaceful settlement of Gobaith, in order to try and save and restore it to its previous beauty and productivity Trolls Bane has incorporated The Farmers Union as Trolls Bane territory and it is subject to all the laws therein. Baroness Rain Coulas will take charge of the property in coordance with the laws that apply to all nobles of Trolls Bane.

Archduchess of Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
How about you purpose your noblity system, which was lifted thanks to the this town being swept clean of such filth. Honestly, if you purpose your temple lot are of any worth in goodness, I advice you to get your head out of your arse.
But, if any feel they should still question whether Elijah, is as bad, or worse than the temple.
Let us remember he was the one who opened the towns eyes, and helped bring about an end to the tyranny and oppression that the temple imposed on this town.
Need to see for yourself? By all means, follow these instructions and you'll find his words

~Common sense in written form~
*Another pieces of parchment appears under the rest after a while*

To Joxia, other members of the Temple and those she has granted nobility,
I know the Temple does indeed still exist. I am betraying the trust of one of your group but I was informed of how you threatened Elijah with a "dagger to the back" if he did not hand over the town to Joxia. The Nordmark was and should never have been annexed by Trolls Bane, it was clearly not abandoned as Joxia repeatedly led me and others to believe. Nor was the Farmers Union which clearly still has occupants. I was complacent with the plans of Trolls Bane's expansion into other lands because I had assumed Joxia would have attempted to message the people of the lands to be annexed in a public and open fashion, if no response was given in a timely manner then Trolls Bane would annex those lands. That would have been a reasonable thing to do, instead it is clear that Joxia simply stated they were part of Trolls bane and then hand picked a noble whose alliance she needed to further consolidate her power.

These actions are what has lead to the declaration of war by the Bearers, Silverbrand and other free peoples. In less than a Dwarfish month of rule, Joxia has managed to make Trolls bane a pariah on the Island. What speaks the most of her character, and what shows how weak of a leader she be, is how little she accepts responsibility for it. How she lacks even the most remote trace of modesty that perhaps, on some level, it was her obnoxious and close minded approach to expanding Trolls Bane that has brought about this war. This expansion which was done for no reason but for what power she believed she would accomplish, in her head.

I will not fight to maintain the legitimacy of Joxia's rule. It is apparent that she will break her own laws of nobility and it is now well known fact that she came into power through blackmail and coercion. To avoid unnecessary bloodshed I ask on all members of the temple, Dain, Joxia, Stefan, Verdazar, Kyre, Roland, all members of the nobility whom were not legally allowed to become nobles, to resign their positions in government and leave town. You are all in this fight alone. If you cared for what was best of Trolls bane, as you have often claimed Joxia, then you will walk away now.

Kaidan Firestone
Town Guard
It may be noted that 'lady' Joxia attacked both Kaidan Firestone and Elijah before the Bearers came, at which point she ran. So my good friends! Would you want someone who would rather abuse her citzen than face a threat, to even claim to be a guard of your town? I think the answer is fairly obvious.

~ Common sense in written form ~
Lia

Post by Lia »

If you need help, not asking the Bearers of Fire.
Ask the people of Gobaith.
Together we are strong!

A citizen and owner
Aereon

Post by Aereon »

Po Will wrote:
It may be noted that 'lady' Joxia attacked both Kaidan Firestone and Elijah before the Bearers came, at which point she ran. So my good friends! Would you want someone who would rather abuse her citzen than face a threat, to even claim to be a guard of your town? I think the answer is fairly obvious.

~ Common sense in written form ~
I would rather that than live in a town that has no defence at all. It is really dumb how the town has been left by the bearers of fire invasion, your lucky if you do not get attacked at all any more. So what have the bearers of fire done for the people of Trolls bane now, except leave them to by attacked by this 'Elementi' and other bandits or whatever? At least the guard is strong now so let them get on with their work!

~A concerned citizen
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

The guard is now filled with cultist, bandits and gods only know what else. Yes, you should 'feel safe' now. And if you think Jefferson, a known temple member would attack another, you're barking mad and rather stupid. It's an obvious trick, played on fools who're too stupid to realize.

~ Common Sense in Written Form~ ~
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Then you want me to sit aside and watch as you all rot in shallow graves? Hardly. Think what you will writer of ‘Common Sense in Written Form’ If you want to stand up and take my place, go ahead, you are welcome to it. If not, shut up.

~Stefan Elvaris~
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

A parchment may be found on the side of the board embedded with a corroded poison dagger. Since unsigned yet the writing appears learned and eloquent, some may read yet some may ignore as just another unsigned opinion.

There is a shortage of guards, two groups want to protect the town. Hire an equal number from both with the provision there will be a truce in the town and surrounding lands, or hire mercenaries as Edward Cromwell did which would be subject to the orders of the guard.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Yes, protect the town with Templar's against a Temple made threat. Logic, my dear friend.
You seem unable to grasp it.

~ Common Sense in Written Form ~
Irania

Post by Irania »

If it is such a ploy and you are all so against the Templars siding with us why would the Lady Joxia have defended our town so bravely? Even she fell beneath the swords of Rog and Jefferson. Do not be so quick to push aside those who choose to help us because we need the aid.

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Lia

Post by Lia »

Irania wrote:If it is such a ploy and you are all so against the Templars siding with us why would the Lady Joxia have defended our town so bravely?
Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Show maybe?
~ unsigned
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

A play goes along better, if the audience believes it to be true.
Again, think people.

~ Common Sense in Written Form ~
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

In such a play, one isn't sent to the cross willingly. And surely not just to put on a show.

I suggest you all have a bit more faith and watch out for each other instead of bringing up topics you have no say in the first place. The decision is made. Be done with it.

-Leon
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

There are so many untruths, I dont even know where to begin. Aside from that I dont know that I even want to bother for it only fall on deaf ears and small minds.

If I help defend defnseless citizens then it was planned...if I do nothing and allow the slaughter without lifting a hand to help, then I am also part of the plot.

I saw people that have become friends blood spilling on the streets of Bane. I did what I could to aid them though I was unprepared for such a fight. so instead of being of help I joined those who I tried to defend at the cross. Anyine who really knows the heart of a warrior knows I would not and did not fall to Jefferson or anyone willingly.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

A small, frail homeless lad with two throbbing black eyes and burst lip approaches the board. As he looks to either side with eyes filled with fear, he quickly attaches the note and runs off with a loud scream.
Dear FOOLS of Trolls Bane,

Quite frankly, I tire of your idiocy. It sickens me to the core that you filthy vermin forever credit 'the temple' for my work. Never have I been a member of this crumby temple of yours, and, you should know, I'de honestly rather scoop both of my eyes out with a rusty spoon! Now, allow me to clear the air, in abbreviation, of any confusion that seems to warp the heads of you unworthy rats'.

It was I, whom battered Edward Cromwell to a pulp, and exposed his alliance with the temple through subterfuge whilst working with and spying on the templars, which lead to their final days in rule of bane.

It was I, that spread propoganda and lead men blinded by lies to their meaningless deaths in a needless war against the prince of Salkamar, practically funded by Edward Cromwell, of all people, which coincided with the death of the one who allowed me to run Trolls bane into chaos, Taliss Kazzxx, whom replaced the temple.

It was I, whom bred hatred toward the Prince of Salkamar, a hatred that spread far across the land. Hatred, toward a prince that may have lead this island to a bigger and brighter future... You fools! But nay, the hatred grew and this sorry excuse for a prince was assassinated! But oh, it does not end there, my unfortunate friends. It was I whom worked with Mandrel and his demons to drive the princes replacement Edric insane, which would, in turn, lead to his untimely death! It was fun indeed!

And then we have Elijah, or as I commonly refer to him, that bad smell. It was I, whom deluded your minds with my lies once again to grow to hate him. A man, who wanted nothing better for your town. Sure, he made mistakes, but again it was your delusion that I helped to grow from seed. Don't believe me? Look at past parchments, look in the archives my friend! And what of Elijah now? A tyrant? Hah! That is what you have branded him as, isn't it? Fools... But, ofcourse, he was another that blamed the temple on my actions, which worked out quite nicely, actually as the bearers of fire finally got their arses in gear and stooped lower than the temple has ever, starting yet another needless war, storming a defenceless town with only civilians caught in the crossfire and wounded.

Finally, it was I who came to your land and stomped a mudhole into your puny excuse for a governor and guards, including the ever annoying Joxia Doral who I had no qualms about cutting down. Just another mark in my way.

You see, my mission on this island has and always will be to spread chaos, and play with your ignorant minds, Nargun be proud! I do not need the temple, a mere shadow of the feared organisation it used to be. I do not need anyone! In short, I am not a templar... If anything, the templars have helped to cover my tracks! Hah!

But, it does not end their my friends. I shall not stop until death welcomes I, and the rest of you with open arms. When I am done with you all, I shall paint a new Gobaith with your blood. I shall sit with a relaxed smile, on the throne that I shall craft with each of your skulls. I shall deck the halls of my kingdom with your bloody intestines, whilst I dine as king of Gobaith, at a table built crafted using your fingers that shall be used hold my food infront of me, as I release a harmonious laughter. Because you are all that bloody stupid.

In the name of the Elementi!
~Jefferson Gray <>~
Warlord of Chaos and Doom