Government Model

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kaidan Firestone

Government Model

Post by Kaidan Firestone »

The Commonwealth of Trolls Bane

The Commonwealth of Trolls Bane includes the town proper and its accompanying boroughs.

All Citizens and Residents of the Commonwealth have the right to own land. All boroughs are subject to the laws of the land as well as taxes.

The Commonwealth of Trolls Bane is to be made up of a government of citizens, one equal in worth to another.

All elected officials are required to be active, being absent and nonresponsive for more than one Dwarven week without any prior warning may lead to being ousted and replaced by another democratically elected official.

Citizens

All Citizens have the right and power to vote in every town wide election as well as lobby their elected officials at regularly scheduled town meetings. Town meetings held by at least one government official must be held at least once every two Dwarven weeks.

The Citizens have the power to recall any elected official at any time during the term. To do so there must be held a town meeting, organized by citizens in whom at least a third of the total citizenry shows up. At meeting a vote takes place among those gathered to recall the elected official. If a third of the total citizenry agrees to the recall then an election will take place within two Dwarven weeks. That election will be town wide and the majority of Town’s people will decide if that elected official will keep his or her job.

The Citizens have the power to vote up or down any proposed Tax increases or decreases by the Governor.

To be a voting citizen one must be active within Trolls Bane. The conditions for what is considered “active” and what is considered “inactive” is still up for debate and will be determined through a town wide vote proposed by the Governor shortly after the Governor is elected.

Governor

The power and purpose of the Governor is to nominate Captains of the Town Guard and the Judge of Trolls Bane, enforce town laws, head the town during wars or states of Emergencies, write treaties with other settlements, propose tax increase or tax decreases and request town money for various projects.

The Governor is to be elected for a yet to be determined length of time, this time will be decided by the upcoming election.

Council

The Trolls Bane council will be made up of 3 members.

The power and purpose of the Council is to collect taxes, write and pass laws, confirm nominated Captains of the Town Guard and the Judge, sign treaties with other settlements and allocate town money to the Governor for various projects.

Council members are elected to a yet to be determined length of time, this length will be voted on and decided by the upcoming election.

Judge of Trolls Bane

The power and purpose of the Judge of Trolls Bane is to understand the Contract between the Government of Trolls Bane and its citizens to ensure that all laws, treaties and projects made by either the Council or Governor are legal under that Contract. The Judge is also the judge in all criminal trials and is to keep an eye on any possible corruption of the Governor, Council or Guard Captain.

The Judge may be recalled if a town meeting of at least a third of the town people show up and demand the Council vote on a recall, then it is up to the Council to unanimously vote to recall the Judge. Doing so will result in the banishment of the Judge.

Town Guard Captain

The power and purpose of the Town Guard Captain is to protect the people from all enemies, enforce the laws of Trolls Bane, maintain the town guard and request funds from the Council. The Captain is responsible for the conduct of the guards beneath him, if a town guard is guilty of corruption, the Captain will also be held accountable, punishment to be determined by the Judge.

----------
If elected, I pledge to help ratify this document to be the binding contract of the government of Trolls Bane.

Kaidan Firestone
Oxi

Re: Government Model

Post by Oxi »

If elected to council I pledge to support and uphold the model outlined above. I believe wholeheartedly we can build a strong and just democratic government this way.

Yours
Oxiana
Leva Beliu

Post by Leva Beliu »

I concur with Kaidan and Oxiana, even though I am not sure about that demacrocy thing. I hope it will bear the fruits of justice and fairness and that I will be able to get my house back. And that, and that, well, that we have a big party when they are elected. I will provide the food and the wine, and I will strum my new lute.
Long live Trolls Bane and its fair people!
Leva Beliu
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Another signature is pledged beneath.
If elected, I pledge to help ratify this document to be the binding contract of the government of Trolls Bane.

Fooser