The Magic Academy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kyle Cross

Re: The Magic Academy

Post by Kyle Cross »

Name:
- Kyle Cross

Race:
- Human

Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Elemental Magic
- Field Experiments and Research
- Magical Cultures and Sub sects
- Illusion Magic
- Battle Magic and Tactics.
- Creative Literature
- Blood Magic
- Necromancy

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
- New language

Personal remarks:
- I have a keen interest in magic and if taken as a student I would show a great amount of capability to perform at a high standard.
themonk

Post by themonk »

*A broad determind lizardman posts a letter into the academy of magic*

Dear sirs / madams

I am writing this letter to ask if any teachers are avialable to training me in the battlemage arts?
Ive been sending application forms and asking teachers since i was sevenhundred years old i will be celibrating my seven hundred and third this mas and still i only know fighting ability and not a hint of magic..

Ive been asking and begging for years please help me

Guardsmen Gurk of Trollsbane
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i am pleaased to announce that orioli has advanced to my satisfaction to the rank of mage

~Whisper~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I continue my search for a new apprentice.
Those who cannot, or refuse, to understand what it is to be a mage need not apply.

~Master Roland Ross~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Asliendor, Having completed his magical training, has advanced to the rank of Mage.

~Roland
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i would like to announce that i have taken on two new students.

Vezaith who is some what learned already with 10 runes to his credit.

and Gurk. who has shown diligence and willingness to learn.

i'll be trying some new teaching methods and possibly adding more to my subjects taught.

~Whisper~
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

Name: Neyevar Elenlinde
Race: Elf
Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic
- Creative Literature

New language

Personal remarks:
I am willing to learn from any teacher, so long as they will have me. I had left an application on the boards here before, but it was nearly 6 months ago and seem to have been removed.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

I have decided that at the very moment I have concluded the teaching of my current students. I shall no longer take on any further students. I have a need of Rest and time to contemplate some of the greater mysteries of this world. I do not wish to leave the academy as an instructor. I simply will not be taking on apprentices until I feel ready. I Realize I have sent letter to a few prospective students saying I would instruct you. To those of you whom I have sent these letters. I wish you much success finding an instructor.

Also due to his absence please do remove Falk as a student of the academy I will conclude his teaching If he returns.

~Whisper~
Olive

Post by Olive »

* a note is attached to the board by unseen hands*

I am looking to take one student for instruction. Applicants are advised that I will not be selecting prospective students by dove, but will be in trollsbane by the workshop or the Tol Vanima Gazebo several hours most days. Applicants will be interviewed to make sure they undestand their rights and resposibilties as a student and a selection will be made once I feel I am ready to.

Instructor Mel
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

Name: Aleczander Frost.
-
Race: Human.
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage.
-

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic
- Creative Literature

I am quick learning and very enthusiastic. I would very much enjoy learning these Magical arts. I have already studied many things over the course of my life in Albar, Salkamar, and the surrounding villages and towns. I've traveled and learned a great deal to further my own education. I am dedicated, and would be a very good student.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

A large man looks about, clearly uncomfortable with his surroundings. He puts up a piece of parchment and grumbles, moving off quickly, mumbling something about mages.

Be greeted,

I would like to post a complaint here against the mages Alister and Rylar. As i am certain one or both has gotten training under one of your masters. They abuse their powers, especially the one known as Rylar, casting on innocent people with no cause other than his own amusement. I ask that something be done about your rogue mages, to whom you have apparently washed your hands of their responsibility even though you were the ones to give them the power. This is a formal complaint from the government of Trollsbane, whose laws are being broken constantly by your mages. I ask you to keep my complaint in mind, and, gods willing, act on it.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
Athian

Post by Athian »

You complain is duly noted but however will go un-acted upon. There is no standard for behavior of mages who are not members of the academy so long as they cause no trouble upon academy grounds. Alister is a firmer student of one of our instructors, however Rylar is not a name i am familiar with nor has it ever graced any parchment directed to me. On a second note however as they are not mages of the academy they are also under no academy protection, Should you seek help from any of the academy instructors or members in dealing with your issue it would be upto their digression upon weather or not they would help you. As to official actions, there shall be none. These rogue mages are as you said rogue, they do not belong to academy. We are not a martial force that seeks to enforce magical regulations, do remember this.

Athian Corulas
Academy retainer
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

I am pleased to announce the advancement of Vezaith to the position of Mage. He has shown Great progress and dedication I am certain he will go to do Great things. He began his learning with Seregon and so It is an Honor to have had him also as my pupil. I will of course continue teaching him as he wishes but I would urge all of the academy Mages and Teachers to also impart upon him any thing you can think of that may help him to further progress his knowledge.. On that mention I am not opposed to advice and council as well.

~Whisper~
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

A frazzled and clearly injured young woman approaches the board and begins to write...

I am a student of the academy, i stayed in the tavern last night after i had studied really late, my friends that had helped me study stayed as well... I awoke to bees, and ogres , and flies attacking me.. inside the building. When i glanced up i noticed the spirit of one of my friends floating before i passed out. His dove reached me after i woke up.. staggering about i read it.. Apparently there had been more, and at some point he had been walled inside the tavern with them, he seen who had commited the act....

My other friend found some help outside the gates.. and the problem has been taken care off... but this issue need to addressed i feel.

*runs a shaky hand thru her hair*

Evie
Olive

Post by Olive »

*Large notice written on the academy wall in large block lettering.*

Due to recent events, I am requesting all teachers who still claim membership in the academy join me for a meeting to discuss the future of the academy

Please send dove if you cannot be present at the following time

((sunday, october 30. 7pm USA central, time comversion will be attempted in a bit))
Last edited by Olive on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Magical flames briefly appear on the board and when disappear a slightly burned but readable parchment is seen with one black raven feather attached.

I will accept applications for another apprentice, place a parchment here and send me one by raven attaching more information about yourself including a drop of blood near your signature.

Kyre
Olive

Post by Olive »

*observant viewers would notice the time for the scheduled meeting has been changed and delayed by two dwarven hours*
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* a small elf wanders up to the board and waves a hand over a blank parchment after he pins it up. soon after words begin to appear*

I regret that i can not be at the meeting and request that some one send me some note of highlights of the meeting so i may know the happening and perhaps send my thoughts to those who might wish to know them..

((church having a special thing tonight ))

Whisper
Olive

Post by Olive »

* a glowing notice appears next to the original messages, flashing to make sure it gets attention*

(( meeting starts in about 40 minutes, i am going to be delayed slightly due to more than slightly bratty daughter))
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

*a note seems to have been removed from the top of the lighthouse, it's likely that not one person even saw it*
Last edited by S'rrt on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olive

Post by Olive »

Meeting is begining shortly, we are in the lecture hall
Athian

Post by Athian »

At this time I would like to ask that all remaining active instructor's please send me a short confirmation on your status within one dwarven week. Those who do not contact me will be moved to an inactive list. After a following period of a three dwarven weeks, should you not make your presence known then you will be removed from the list of teachers. ALL instructors of course may reapply after this period if they so wish to begin teaching again.

Athian corulas
Academy Retainer.
zda

Post by zda »

*a man walks up to the board placing a note on to it were it is visable to any one that enters the academy*

I will be taking one student to teach. If any one is interested send me a letter with a time that i can meet with you in person.
Also i can usually be found around Trolls Bane.

Brian Stubbs
Last edited by zda on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Name:
Milos

Race:
Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Subjects to be followed:
Necromancy
Elemental Magic
& Blood Magic if time allows

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)):
New Language

Personal remarks:
I already posses 11 runes.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Magical Mental Focus

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

Greetings to all whom read this and that it may concern,
I am Ssaron Klawtail and as of the meeting of the members of the magic academy I talked to mister Athian and he has given me permission to teach a class.
My said class will be the Mental Applications and Concentrations of Magic, as a side to it because I am an ex priest, there will also be smaller side classes of religious practices rituals etc. that I happen to know.
Within the mental application and concentration one can learn things about focusing his or her mind in order to concentrate more and produce more results such as preforming magic without uttering a single rune. I myself can do this and have done it and other things and I am not even a full mage.
This is a very General description of my class and not the full thing. We will cover many different areas. As a side note, this is NOT my "theory of magic" or anything of that sort.It is about honing ones mind through mental training and focus. Will a few of my ideas and thoughts about some things we cover come out? OF COURSE! but does that mean that they are right for everyone? NO! so i shall not force them upon you or criticize you and say your wrong etc. Furthermore this class is free and is not limited to just mages. Anyone with an interest in magic or mental Focus may apply. Please contact me by dove if interested. If not, Thanks for Reading.
~Ssaron Klawtail~
zda

Post by zda »

*a note appears on the board*

I have taken the man Hasoth as my first student. if you see him around
please welcome him to the academy.

Master Brian Stubbs
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

I have taken Milos(see his application above) as my student. Please welcome him if you see him. He is a priest of Eldan.

Orioli
Athian

Post by Athian »

I will have apprentice openings for two in the coming days. It is preferable that my applicants have at least a moderate physical condition, not to far beneath the physicality of an average individual. This is preferable but not required, though all applicants should expect to be put through some degree of physical exercise.
Those with questions may send me a dove.

The lazy need not apply.

Athian
Gibble Thibblebum

Application

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

Name:
- Sylenanthelarilis
Race:
- Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Illusion magic
- Research and Experimentation

-New Language

Personal remarks:
- I was once a student of the academy some time ago and learned well the first primer of the ancient language, however, I left on a long journey before I was able to progress with the lessons themselves. I would like to again join myself with the academy and prove myself a worthy addition.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment suddenly appears on the board with eloquent writing in red ink.

I can take one more apprentice, send me a raven with information about yourself. Those that send doves may not get a return answer. As said previously, I don't care your language, if you can't speak common, elven or ancient get an interpreter.

Kyre