The Community of Northbridge

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Orioli

The Community of Northbridge

Post by Orioli »

This simple board is for use by the inhabitants and guests of the Northbridge community. Please feel free to send a dove to Orioli should there be need to privately discuss anything about our borough.

All residents have a right to preference for use of mill, farm plots, fruit crop, herbs, fishing, lumber jacking, and any other public use items. They have a right to request and recieve courtesy from guests and run them off if it isn't granted or petition the owner or town to do so. They have a right to courtesy from one another as well. Beyond that others are welcome as guests, please respect our home.

Current Residents

East Residents:
Orioli, Northbridge Owner- Manor
Pipitoli MacSpinan
Onathran Tikir Tlassil
Goblin nanny

East Residents "at large":
Brendal(name struck and modified to Brentel)
Joxia Doral
Dain Laiden
"baby" Laiden

West Residents:
Felix Atelhier - River Cottage
Caynwyn Atelhier
Madelyn Atelhier

Irania- Grape Arbor Cottage

Mill House
Slug G'nar

S'rrt and family (Ownrs a land plot at southwest corner)
Lura Ballard
Nicko Ballard
Rosy Ballard

West Residents "at large":
Drathe Blue
Phibol D'Woise
Shandra
Gabriel Lylth
Last edited by Orioli on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:07 am, edited 30 times in total.
Djironnyma

Re: The Community of Northbridge

Post by Djironnyma »

Northbridge is still a part of Trolls Bane, if you are interested to help the mayor with the administration speak with him.

~Djironnyma
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

As the deed of the land has been bought originally by Phibol D'Woise, the management falls directly to whomever he passes on that deed. They may do with it whatever they want.

In other words, mind your own fecking business Bearer.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~
Some may note that another piece of parchment being added quickly
Also, this means we pay tax to no one under your influence, have a nice day.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Phibol's right to the land no longer stood under my reign, due to the fact that his contract has been voided under his own actions.
II. Land is taxed based upon the contents of the contract. However, one thing remains the same no matter the stipulated monthly fees. If a leaser goes three dwarven months without paying their monthly taxes, the land will be re-seized by Troll's Bane. Every attempt will be made by the town to contact the leaser to secure the taxes.
III. Leasers of land have few rights in terms of "re-leasing" the land or making sub-leases to other interested parties. Of course, with the consent of the Governor, land and buildings may be rented, but not sold or leased.
He went nearly five dwarven months without paying, which surely made his contract void. Seeing as how Joxia's reign was built on power grabbing, and pitifully only lasted a few months with no real intent of actually changing the laws to benefit the citizens, her makeshift contract shouldn't stand.
At this time the taxes will be waived in exchange for the temporary rental of the old Cromwell house to the Archduchess. When the Archduchess vacates the house the taxes will be reinstated.

They both signify their agreement to these terms and are bound by their signatures below.

Also this technically makes you Baron of Northbridge. You are obligated to attend council meetings of Trolls Bane and swear your loyalty to the town, its people, and its government.

Signed~
Archduchess of Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
She waived the taxes in exchange for personal property, which is against the very essentials of Governing itself. The land isn't the leader's bargaining tool for personal gain, it is a source of income for the town of Troll's Bane. Due to this, I would hope that the current Mayor of Troll's Bane would take a look over the case, considering the fact that Joxia's actions in the matter were selfish and unbecoming of a true leader. Hellbriar, I'd even go as far as calling that outright corrupt. I'd also expect him to look over my laws I made in the past, which Mister Phibol clearly broke twice, and come to the conclusion that he voided the original contract.

He'll surely have my support in the matter.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Ahh, so because Joxia's aims were to expand her territory unlawfully, any contract she made with any citizen should be written off? My arse.

You yourself made a treaty with the school of maigc that went against their rule of neutrality. Your word on these matters in this case shouldn't be trusted as it seems you can't even read a simple rule.

As it were, considering you failed to follow up on Phil, thus Joxia dealt with it, I'd call it a closed case. Now leave us working folk alone you arse licking long leg.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Seeing as I get away from myself sometimes in making flowered and descriptive explanations on an island were very few can understand them, I'll lower myself to you.

Phibol was no where to be found. Joxia didn't do my job for me. She waived someone's taxes in order to receive personal property. That is corruption in its finest hour. Joxia's reign was corrupt, shown by deals like these and power mongering. Bearers were victors. Add those facts with corruption, and you have no right to the land. The Academy choose to change their neutrality laws, I couldn't force them too.

Now that you can understand what I wrote, I hope to god you don't make me come back to these walls and lower myself once more.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Athian

Post by Athian »

No, the academy did not. That foolish plan was made with Avaylon alone, no others were informed nor consulted upon on that shady dealing. Nor did any of us who remained teaching actually support it.

Athian Corulas
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Funny how you suggest that Phil wasn't anywhere to be seen considering I had a number of talks with him in person regarding him renting out the Manson to Joxia. Joxia didn't 'take' it, it was a deal fought out between the two. Simply because one action is corrupt, not all the others are the same.

If we were to use your logic Elijah, we'd assume you're always talking shite all the time simply because you talked a load of shite once.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~

PS: Whilst you're licking Felbions rear, don't forget the rim.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Djironnyma

Thank you for the invitation. Northbridge is a small group, we have no plan nor means to break apart from Trollsbane. We are domestic and peaceful there and hope only to be what we are.

Orioli Shaldra
Owner of Northbridge
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A reoccurring theme in my life has always taken me back to a quote from a man I once knew, "It is impossible to argue with the ignorant." My logic stands, despite your petty insults and circulatory slander.

If you wish to reply to this message with some long winded message, or perhaps some short handed insult, then by all means do so. Don't expect a reply from me, for the political alignment of Northbridge isn't worth my time as much as I've allowed it to be. Chop it up as a victory of some sort, for I'm sure you're severely lacking them.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

STATUS OF RESIDENTS

Northbridge welcomes all visitors.

Farewell and gods speed to Seredoc as he finds a new home.

Welcome to Felix and Caynwyn as they make a home in our borough.
Last edited by Orioli on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

COMMUNITY STATUS

We offer thanks and praise to the builder who helps bring life and fun to our lives through his services to our lands.

Recent strange events (server crash) may have caused some turmoil but I am working to have things restored.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

I'd simply want to point out I'm leaving because I have no money to pay for a place which you're getting without any tax. Whilst I said I was moving back to the Union ( which has a free bed ) I never mentioned anything regarding myself being removed from the residents list. Though, it does make myself think why you'd keep Shandra on as a resident if she doesn't own a house there whilst my name is to be stricken off?

Though hellbriar, logic was never a humans strong point.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Welcome to Stefan Elvaris as he makes a home in our borough.

Welcome to Trenton Ovidius and his wife as they make a home in our borough.

Welcome to all new members of our community East and West as they make a home in our borough.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Welcome S'rrt and family to our borough.
*written beneath are the following names*
Lura Ballard
Nicko Ballard
Rosy Ballard
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Welcome new births and some children to our Borough of Troll's Bane.

baby to the Atelhier's name of Madelyn Atelhier

Please also note that a nursery now exists at the manor housing these person's
and please welcome
Esteemed Nanny - Bobilla (goblin)
child of Orioli - name of Pipitoli MacSpinan (aka Pipit)
child under the care of Mattin Dogain - name of Brentel
baby of Orioli - name of Onathran "Tikir" Tlassil (sometimes found in Vanima with his father)
child of Dain - "baby " Laiden
children of Avalyon - "twins" el'Hattarr
Last edited by Orioli on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
psdononymous

Post by psdononymous »

*A figure with a hood pulled far over her head so that none of her features are distinguishable to anyone she might pass enters Nortbridge making her way to the big house. Stopping to read the notices frowns at the last one and takes a quill and ink from her bag and draws a line through the childs name under the care of Mattin correcting it from Brendal to Brentel. Satisfied she looks around to be sure no one was watching and makes her way quickly to the mansion where she lets herself in with a key. Anyone who may have been close enough to see inside the well lit home before she closed the door would have seen a young boy run and throw himself into her arms with a happy squeal almost knocking her over while she plants multiple kisses all over his smiling face and hugging him tightly.*
"Have you been a good boy?" *The door clicks shut and the lock turns and the faint sound of laughter can be heard form inside for several hours*
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

To all mages and adults:

Please note the many children who live at Northbridge and avoid dangerous casting and such things. This is a family region and should be treated as a place where children can live without fear.

Domestic animals however are common and should be expected here for use by all residents. (invitation for mage students to put them any where out of doors in Northbridge.)
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

New Public Use Oven's installed for Bakers and Meat Roasters.

There are new equipment available at the mill house. Please feel free to enjoy using the new ovens. And the mill house has a riverside door, to assist bakers in getting water now.

If these are well used and appreciated I may install a fire pit next.

Have a great growing and harvest season!!