TrollsBane Government

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hashim El'djin

Re: The Free Town Trolls Bane / Die freie Stadt Trolls Bane

Post by Hashim El'djin »

Questions.

Why would only the (paper) title of mayor be up for election and debate? Why not the other council positions?

Why has the town charter been posted by a non-citizen and non-council member?

Could you clarify what you mean by 'propoganda of the temple'?

You told us that your 'war' was against the Temple. Why then have I just heard a report that you had Joxia Doral in your grasp, only to simply send her to the cross and take her armor, before letting her go free? Do you actually have any intentions of bringing the Temple to justice? I found her lying by the cross in Bane, half dead and half naked. Noone had made any attempt to shackle her however.

Wishing you well,

Hashim El'djin
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The Locks of the town where changed, if anyone cant enter a house which is his own he should speak with the mayor.

Die Schlößer der Stadt wurden ausgetauscht, wenn jemand nicht in ein Haus kommt, dass er sein eigenen nennt möge er sich an den Bürgermeister wenden.

~Djironnyma
Herr El'djin stellte drei Fragen
  • Warum nur der Bürgermeister und nicht die anderen Konzilmitglieder wählbar sein sollten?
  • Warum dies von einem Nicht Bürger und Nicht Konzilmitglied angekündigt wurde?
  • Warum Joxia heute niedergeschlagen und nciht einfach gehen gelassen wurde?
  • Zum einen gibt es kein Konzil. Zum anderen ist es die Aufgabe des Bürgermeister das Volk zu vertreten, dazu muss er das Vertrauen der Mehrheit der Bürger genießen. Der Richter muss Urteile fällen, dazu muss er ausgeglichen und erfahren sein, der Schatzmeister muss ehrbar und wohlhabend sein um kein Geld zu unterschlagen und der Hauptmann muss Kampferfahren sein und Führungsstärke haben. Eine Wahl erscheint uns dahingehend nur für den Bürgermeister als sinnvoll. Zudem hat die Geschichte Trolls Banes wozu Wahlen führen, die Alleinherrscher bestimmen.
  • Weil die Träger des Feuers als Schutzmacht die Verwaltung Trolls Banes unterstützen.
  • Joxia trug eine verfluchte Drowrüstung, nach mehrmaligen Auffordern diese abzulegen, Warnungen wir würden Gewalt anwenden und dem Versuch sie von ihr ab zu schneiden schlugen wir sie nieder um sie ihr ab zu nehmen. Joxia äußerte selbst, wenn wir die Rüstung wollten müssten wir sie dazu niederschlagen. Anschließend verbrannten wir die Brüstung vor der Bibliothek.
Mister El'djin the translation of the answers to your question wil follow as soon as possible.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I would like to nominate myself for a position on the towns council!

If my name has for some reason been lost from the citizenship list during the reign of that evil temple, please return it!

Just a few of the countless reasons I belong on that council are that I am smart, charming, rich, and strong. Also- a lot of people like me!
I should also address that I like Trollsbane, because Trollsbane is the best!

~In the name of a town that yearns to win, vote for council the one named Bin!~

Bindus Sparacello, aspiring councilman of your fair town
Orioli

TrollsBane Government

Post by Orioli »

The people of Bane want to choose who will rule them. This is an open discussion post. If you are a known community member please post ideas here. We can start with that.

I want a Governor with a Council that the people of Bane (not some new list) elect and the people can unelect by popular vote. What do you want?

Please do not give input just because you can bully us. Let us name our own leaders.

[Estralis] Moved to RPG.
Kyre

Re: TrollsBane Government

Post by Kyre »

I will nominate myself for Magistrate and abide by the vote of the town.

Kyre Raven
Last edited by Kyre on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A small parchment appears at the bottom of the pages.

It appears like there is a pressing need for a Magistrate that is and continues to be a citizen of Trolls Bane among other town leaders. I wish to nominate myself.

Kyre Raven
Last edited by Kyre on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Some Guards rip down the message of banned Temple members.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i would like to be a citizen of trollsbane...

im not leaving my inn though i am thankful to whom ever fixed it..again.. i worked very hard at keeping the inn going while is was up and i shall not leave the one place i call my home.. unless of course a reasonable new home is provided.. if any one wishes to live with for rent or food or whatever as money doesn't seem to matter much any more as i am broke from holding on to this inn for so long.. what ever.. i'm open to room mates.. i sleep at the desk any way.. actualy even a freeloader isnt unwelcome..but im not moving out..

~Whisper~
Last edited by HeXiS on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Whisper,
we have no interest in taking anyones home. Please speak with the mayor for keys and the future of the Inne.

~Djironnyma
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i have all the keys to the inn already...
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

I nominate Drathe Blue for town Mayor. He is the only one who stood to defend her when 3 communities attacked. And he is the only one who really wants to make our town fun and prosperous.
Everyone else just wants coin.

You are serious at calling a town free when you claim all the positions are puppets of other communities?

If it is free we can select our own leaders.

Orioli is a citizen who owns Oakshire and has a home in Northbridge.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Who is citizen, who not? Who is right to take a choise, who not?

You do not want set up a "new" list, that includes all, who are interested?

Let explain, that i am a citizen of this town too.
But i am not on your old list, which was manipulated by so much goverments of the past.

I am Lennier. I am former member of the Lyrenzia Goverment. I am former leader of the Triumvirate Goverment. I ready was part of the leadingship of this town when most of the inhabitants today were not born. And never the Grey Rose knights acted against interests of the Troll's Bane population. So tell me, I am and all my knights are citizens or not? We are worth to be part of this town or not?

When the forces of Varshikar and Silverbrand took this town, they decided that Troll's Bane will be free. But the development to this need time of consolidation. We still have to capture the members of the temple. Djironnyma deciced to take the control about the forming of stable institutions, so that Troll's Bane can not be occupated by only one partie again. Troll's Bane is the center, Troll's Bane is the mother of all our communities. And lots of parties ready tried to rule this town alone, against the will of the majority.

Let us think back, the glory time of Troll's Bane and its citizens was the era of Lyrenzia Foundation - A council of different guilds and represents of the citizens. Maybe, after all the struggle in the last decades we should have learned, that we have to come back to this kind of goverment.

The Grey Rose will take its old place here again. It is our will to overtake responsibility in cooperation with the citizens.

Djironnyma decided, that the Grey Rose should take look at the development of the jusitice - the magistrate - of Troll's Bane. I only can agree with that. The Grey Rose allways was precusor of law and order. We will do this job. We will built up the magistrate together with all interested citizens.

First ideas we will discussed in public as soon as possible in belong of a public meeting.

~Lennier
Souvereign of the Grey Refuge
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose~
Athian

Post by Athian »

This simply looks like a rather shallow ploy at reinstating the old Lyrenzia system that fell apart long ago. Times change and with them so must we change. This throwback governing system is destined to die away as it had in the past.

At some point the old governments of bane withered away, I think that's clear enough a sign that they did not have the capable merit to survive. To think that now in times even more different then when these governments first came tumbling down, that returning to the ancient will somehow bring betterment is folly. I would suggest you take an example from former Governor Elijah's failed reign and quickly consolidate of governing for Trollsbane of Trollsbane. As Elijah bred more discontent in bane, it's people were willing to side upon the temple just to get him out of power. What do you think will be done once the people of bane grow sick of this domination by outside powers? You may quickly find that the very people you were able to oust as villain's might become the supported heroes that drive out foreign oppressors.

The temple of old may be the mortal enemies of the peoples of old. The temple we have today is not nearly so reckless, violent and randomly evil as its predecessor. Rather they are have a calculating and patient organization, who realized long ago wanton destruction gains no power. All of you who celebrate through the simple martial victory fail to realize that you have simply taken the place of the oppressor, already you make enemies in those you forced your war and later occupation upon. How long will it be before the role reversal takes place and the overzealous hold you grip upon Trollsbane brings your temple enemies right back into power? I personally give it two dwarven months at best

Cordially, Your amused spectator
Athian Corulas
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Lennier wrote: First ideas we will discussed in public as soon as possible in belong of a public meeting.

~Lennier
To Hellbriar with your say in 'my' towns politics. To Hellbriar to your scum bag Bearer friends imposing their agenda on my town. To Hellbriar with the idea of some Dwarf claiming my silver. You have no honor, you're worse than the temple.

As for the idea of 'public' meeting, you bastards used your magic on us for simply speaking, any 'public' meeting held, will be held by the people of Bane and not some invading, interfering force.

In Nargun's name,
~sere~
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

I demand everyone who attacked Drathe be arrested for attacking a long term Bane Citizen, then I would like to see the Dwarfs punished for the Kidnap of Drathe. Whilst you're at it, I want the 'guard' captain relieved of his postions foraiding those who kidnapped this dear friend of Bane. Such actions must be noted and punished. Failure to do so will simply show that you're worth spit in our town.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Lets meet to make a new order and government in Narguns name!

Then let us make a big fire in Tanoras name!

And let us make a abstinent meeting in Adrons name!
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

To Hellbriar with you, for surely Bragon would enjoy your arse burning in their Lava.

Your order is worth spit in our home.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~

((Sorry 'bout that ; )
and cheers for the mention xD ))
Last edited by Po Will on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Drathe is a member of the Temple and banned.

~Djironnyma
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*a barefoot and dirty little street urchin runs about Bane, parchments grasp tightly in grubby fingers. She tacks them up here and there before gleefully skipping out the gate to collect her reward*

TO THE BEARERS AND THE ROSE:

I ask face to face once and the only answer I recieved was to viciously attacked and robbed by Banes new 'guardians'
I will ask again here...publically..Why are those whom you PRESUME to follow the Bone Lord being hunted? And what crimes have been commited that you want to send them before a magistrate?

~*~LADY JOXIA DORAL~*~
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Prove it you slim ball. Your word means spit.

In Nargun's name,
~Sere~
Hashim El'djin

Post by Hashim El'djin »

Djironnyma wrote:
The Locks of the town where changed, if anyone cant enter a house which is his own he should speak with the mayor.

Die Schlößer der Stadt wurden ausgetauscht, wenn jemand nicht in ein Haus kommt, dass er sein eigenen nennt möge er sich an den Bürgermeister wenden.

~Djironnyma
Herr El'djin stellte drei Fragen
  • Warum nur der Bürgermeister und nicht die anderen Konzilmitglieder wählbar sein sollten?
  • Warum dies von einem Nicht Bürger und Nicht Konzilmitglied angekündigt wurde?
  • Warum Joxia heute niedergeschlagen und nciht einfach gehen gelassen wurde?
  • Zum einen gibt es kein Konzil. Zum anderen ist es die Aufgabe des Bürgermeister das Volk zu vertreten, dazu muss er das Vertrauen der Mehrheit der Bürger genießen. Der Richter muss Urteile fällen, dazu muss er ausgeglichen und erfahren sein, der Schatzmeister muss ehrbar und wohlhabend sein um kein Geld zu unterschlagen und der Hauptmann muss Kampferfahren sein und Führungsstärke haben. Eine Wahl erscheint uns dahingehend nur für den Bürgermeister als sinnvoll. Zudem hat die Geschichte Trolls Banes wozu Wahlen führen, die Alleinherrscher bestimmen.
  • Weil die Träger des Feuers als Schutzmacht die Verwaltung Trolls Banes unterstützen.
  • Joxia trug eine verfluchte Drowrüstung, nach mehrmaligen Auffordern diese abzulegen, Warnungen wir würden Gewalt anwenden und dem Versuch sie von ihr ab zu schneiden schlugen wir sie nieder um sie ihr ab zu nehmen. Joxia äußerte selbst, wenn wir die Rüstung wollten müssten wir sie dazu niederschlagen. Anschließend verbrannten wir die Brüstung vor der Bibliothek.
Mister El'djin the translation of the answers to your question wil follow as soon as possible.
I still await your translation Djironnyma. In case you had forgotten, the majority of those who live in Bane are new language speakers.

Although I sympathise with many of the complaints some of you citizens have been making, could we have a little more order? All these different parchments and boards are turning into a mess, and are hard to follow. Perhaps they could all be centred into one parchment and presented to the current administration.

~Hashim El'djin
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

((english below))

Athian Corulas,

Ihr habt in einem Punkt vollkommen recht. Wir sind in der schwierigen Position, Troll's Bane wieder aufbauen zu müssen, ohne selbst als Okkupatoren zu erscheinen. Auch mag es stimmen, dass der Tempel heute nicht mehr so agiert wie früher. Aber es sind die gleichen Anhänger des Moshran und seiner Dämonen wie früher. Sie sind immernoch die gleichen, die Kriege heraufbeschworen haben, Leute umbrachten und allgemein für Ärger und Unruhe sorgten. Wir haben das nicht vergessen! Vielleicht haben sie ihre Worte und Taktiken in ihrem öffentlichen Auftreten verändert. Aber es sind immernoch die selben!

Um meine Meinung weiter hier kund zu tun:

Wir sind in Schwierigkeiten. In sehr ernsten Schwierigkeiten! Wir waren auf einen offenen Kampf mit dem Tempel aus um sie dabei allesamt zu stellen und unschädlich zu machen. Aber wir bekamen keine Chance ihnen ein Ende zu machen. Es ist grausam, aber zu Fliehen, den Kampf auszuweichen war die beste Strategie, die der Tempel für seinen Fortbestand nachgehen konnte. Vielelicht war all dies auch nur eine große Falle. Nun sind wir es, die in Troll's Bane sind. Das wollten wir ja auch. Aber nun ist es auch der Tempel der auf uns zeigen wird und Fehler unsrerseits ausschlachten wird.

Ich kann nur allen guten Bürgern Troll's Banes und unseren Alliierten raten: Seid vorsichtig und bewahrt Ruhe. Tut das Richtige, tut es überlegt. Überreagiert nicht oder verfallt panischem Aktionismus. Wenn wir nun Fehler machen, werden wir uns kaum so schnell umschauen können, wie der Tempel unsere Welt auf den Kopf stellt und aus der Sache noch Profit schlägt.

~Lennier
Fürst der Grauen Zuflucht
Großmeister der Graue Rose~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athian Corulas,

You are right in the point, that we are in difficult position, to restore Troll's Banes without to look like new occupatores. And it may be true, that the temple does not seem to act like the temple did in past. But they are still the temple of the followers of Moshran and his demons. They are still the same, who caused wars, killed persons and trouble in general. We did not forget this! Maybe they changed their strategy, maybe they changed their words in public. But they are still the same!

To write down more of my personal thinks:

We are in trouble! In real trouble! We were on search for a real fight, to capture all of them. But we did not get our chance to make them an end. It is cruel, but to leave the town, to prevent the open fight be fleeing was the best strategy the temple was able to do. Maybe all of this was only a trap. Now we are in Troll's Bane. That is what we wanted. But now the temple still exist and can point the fingers at us to say what is wrong with our acting.

I only can call all brave citizens of Troll's Bane and all allies of us: Be carefull and patient. Do the right things after you have thought about them without to overreact. If we do wrong, we could be witnesses of how that the temple can reverse the whole situation to its benefit.

~Lennier
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Mister El'djin,
I want excuse for the time you had to wait, but as long as the Temple is attacking us I m on patrol most of the day, I m sure you understand that. I see in your questions and in your acting last days that you maybe just was blended by the temple and that you are really care about Trolls Bane, the town and the citizens. If you want I offer you further discussions in person and I swear I will be more kindly as last Time, as i suppose you are just a puppet of the Temple.

I agree that it is a god idea to place the questions and complains to a other part of the board, so I have done this.
But to answer your questions:

• First of all there is no council – anyone have his own duties. Furthermore it is the duty of the mayor to present the citizens and speak for them. The duty of the guard captain is to be a strong fighter and leader, the duty of the magistrate is to be wise and calm, the treasurer need to be not corrupt and full of honour. If you watch the duties, I think you will agree that election is just for the mayor a logical way to be appointed. As a former noble I m sure you understand that not every time the most popular person is also the best person for some duties.
  • Because as the protector of the town, the Bearers of the Fire support the government of Trolls Bane, especially in the Beginnings.
  • Joxia had wear a cursed Drowarmour. We asked her several times to take it off, but she answered just that we need to ghost her to get it, attacked us and try to run away. We tried to paralyze her and take it of her body without harming her, but she refuse to much and attacked us. We hit her once until she stumble back, but she still refuse, finally she gave us no choise but to send her to the cross. After that we burn the cursed Drowarmor in front of the Library.

~Djironnyma
((I m sorry i have a stressfully job with ~10h a day, i dont sleep much but i cant spend all my free time at the forum ;) ))
Hashim El'djin

Post by Hashim El'djin »

Thankyou for your answers Djironnyma. I would be more than happy to have a civil discussion in person.

You did perhaps misread one question however-you allowed Joxia to slip from your grasp. Why?

~Hashim El'djin

((np, have similar issues))
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Since we doesn't know when a magistrate is found we doesn't see it as fair to catch her and put her in jail until a judgement is spoken. I think to take someones freedom is a very cruel punishment, a to cruel to speak it without a fair trail.

~Djironnyma

((and it is ooc wise forbidden atm to jail someone))
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Zur Mitte des Tages, 12:00 Uhr am 12. Ushos ((13.03. 20:00 Uhr)) werde ich ein Treffen auf dem Dach des Sea Horse abhalten, um die Pläne der Grauen Rose um das Gericht Troll's Banes bekannt zu machen. Bewohner von Troll's Bane, sollang sie nicht als Kriminelle oder Feinde gelistet sind, sind herzlich eingeladen sich der Diskussion anzuschließen.

~Lennier
Fürst der Grauen Zuflucht
Großmeister der Grauen Rose~

~~~~~~~~~~

To the mid of the day, 12:00 of the 12. Ushos ((13.03. 8:00 pm gmt+1)) I will hold a meeting on the roof of the Sea Horse to explain the plans of the Grey Rose about the magistrate of Troll's Bane. Inhabitants of Troll's Bane as long as they are not listed as criminals or enemies, are welcomed to join the open discussion.

~Lennier
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

((Damn!! Now they stole my topic head and placed themselves to rule over it.. Where will it end? :shock: :cry: :P ))

Orioli notices all the papers posted atop of hers and starts to rip them off untill she can see her original notice on top again.......

Orioli looks around and watches the papers she tore off blowing around the square and up.. up.. up over the town walls.. many now are stuck in trees outside and float in the creek that surround the town.

"The wind belongs to the wind, after all"... She walks off as a grin is twitching at her mouth...
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Djironnyma wrote:Whisper,
we have no interest in taking anyones home. Please speak with the mayor for keys and the future of the Inne.

~Djironnyma
For the People who live here, our lives continue in spite of conflicts and struggle between political interests.
We hope this promise is extended to all who reside in the town.
Phibol has transfered his interest in Northbridge to his neighbor, which is and was myself, Orioli Shaldra.
I have no choice but to hope in your good faith to honor his ownership and choice.
Felbion Lijawyn

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

Again, I ask everyone to be patient. I am sorry for these times of inconvience but rest assured that I am working hard to get the government up and running again as soon as possible.

On another matter, I would like to remind everyone who wishes to maintain their citizenship or become a new citizen to contact me in some way so that I can set up the list of citizens that will be needed for the elections of Mayor.

~Felbion Lijawyn
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Orioli wrote:
Djironnyma wrote:Whisper,

~Djironnyma
For the People who live here, our lives continue in spite of conflicts and struggle between political interests.
We hope this promise is extended to all who reside in the town.
Phibol has transfered his interest in Northbridge to his neighbor, which is and was myself, Orioli Shaldra.
I have no choice but to hope in your good faith to honor his ownership and choice.
~Sere~