Reflections. ((private rp))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sonara Stone

Reflections. ((private rp))

Post by Sonara Stone »

Iris walks through the sand, her feet lightly picking their way along, when she spots a darkly-robed figure knelt over a desert plant... Alvis! Her breath catches. She feels her stomach lurch slightly with the dreadful excitement of seeing him again, having not known what had become of him or why. And yet there he was, steadily doing what she saw as an average occurrence for him. No bells, no omnious meetings, no importance at all. Just him kneeling there, sifting through the plant. Her approaches were heard.

"You disregarded what I taught you."

The words caught her off guard. "You weren't here... What..." -- she finds it difficult to speak. "Where were you?"

"You lapsed into your former self, Iris."

He picks up his staff and begins walking away. Iris starts after him, her heart begging her to cry out from him, just on the verge of desperation and... He fades. She is alone in the desert.

-------------------------------------------------

Iris wakes up from the dream, hair clinging to her face and heart caught within her chest. It takes her a moment to realize where she was, the serene safety of the cave. Her breath releases slowly, eyes closed tightly against the memory of his words. "It's true," she whispers, forcing back the tears of the revelation. "It's all true."
Sonara Stone

Re: Reflections. ((private rp))

Post by Sonara Stone »

Iris paces in her cave, a mixture of sweat and tears slowly trickling her face. Her eyes dart about wildly, red from lack of sleep, and her lips move endlessly in quiet whispers to herself. Planning, thinking, pondering, the hours pass by slowly and agonizingly. Finally she falls to the ground, unwilling to go a step further. Louder than before, her voice rings through the cavern.

"By the gods, what have I done?"

-----------------------The next day--------------------------

Iris sits in the grass, the high wall of the town of Trolls Bane expansing out behind her. In front of her is a small creek, the subject of her blank stare. Almost entirely covered by the growth, she sits out of sight for several long minutes. Finally she stands, a hand moving to her robe to check if an item is still in its pouch. With a deep breath she heads for the town once more.

"I must become what I used to pretend to be."
Sonara Stone

Re: Reflections. ((private rp))

Post by Sonara Stone »

Iris quietly walks through the forest, her bare feet leaving momentary indentions in the wet leaves. She uses her staff to hold back the branches and let her pass, letting them snap back into place once she is out of their grasp. Her eyes are bloodshot and dull from lack of sleep, hair hanging about her face in tangles. Finally she comes to a clearing and stops, muted sunlight playing with her hair. She sighs and looks around, first to the forest and finally to herself.

"So different from only a couple weeks ago..." Her mind flies to the conversation that brought these changes into being.

-----------------------Several days prior--------------------------

Iris sits in the forest, head bent and hood over her head. Before her kneels Alvis Thrym, who watches her in quiet intensity, his hands gently clasping her wrist and shoulder. "I expected you to be upset with me.. I deserve it."

She looks up to meet his gaze as he speaks.
"I was... I... should be, perhaps."

"I'm sorry." The words come out at barely a whisper, soft enough to perhaps not be heard. At this, Alvis slowly withdraws himself from her, hands releasing her and retreating back into his cloak. Iris shudders slightly at the break of contact, as if from a cold chill.

"But there is no sense in anger after the fact. Only in doing what one can to mend the situation."

Iris nods slightly. "What.. can I do?"

"Return your core to the source of its being... from whence did your power flow?"

"Before... it was from nowhere. Chaotic bits of life.."

"When I taught you as my apprentice."

"Then, it was nature. Nature and peace."

"Return yourself to it, then, and you will return to yourself."

-----------------------Present--------------------------

With a gentle sigh Iris slips out of her memory and into meditation, two words ringing in her head. Nature and peace...

Nature, and peace.