Ban me tender, ban me true

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leva Beliu

Ban me tender, ban me true

Post by Leva Beliu »

A disheveled woman, badly bruised in the face is limping heavily toward the Southern Gate. Her robe is torn and stained with what appears to be dried blood and caked mud. She tries to pin a parchment to the door with a trembling hand. The words on the parchment are barely legible.

To Elijah Varrin, governor

Your Excellency,
What did I do this time to have your guards pounce on me again? My ban was over. I counted the days one by one on my bruised fingers. I was banned for one month and that was more than a month yesterday when I was assaulted without mercy.

Anyway, what was my crime in the first place? Why did you not bring suit then? I am entitled to have a fair trial, like any citizen of Bane. Your disquisition about how nice a person you are is not fooling anybody. You are quacking like a duck, but you are behaving like a tyrant.
I beseech you to put your hands where you words are, your Excellency, and give us back our beloved town. And give me a fair trial, for all to attend.

As you invited us to that Festival, I will wish you a merry event, your Excellency. And, yes, also, all your dreams fulfilled.
Leva Beliu
Elijah

Re: Ban me tender, ban me true

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Either you are completely consumed with unadulterated ignorance, or you simply do not have the basic ability to count, but I fear your numbers are off. You have been banned for barely a dwarven week, when you were banned for a dwarven month
((January 16th)). Yet you continue to come into town (these reports I've heard today mark the fourth time in a dwarven week you've broke your ban) and refuse to peacefully leave town. What are we supposed to do, as officials of the town when someone stands blowing bubbles with their mouth and staring ahead at a wall, screaming "My house! My house!"?

Either way, I've extended the ban for another two dwarven weeks. Please do not come into town again. And citizens wondered why the jail was needed in some instances.

As for the other reports I've read today, the violence inflicted upon Leva was just, for she continues to break her ban by wondering into town and standing idle while blowing bubbles. However, anyone who was fined for speaking their mind will be reimbursed, since it's beyond me how that became a crime anyway.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Junior Giant

Re: Ban me tender, ban me true

Post by Junior Giant »

The fine was levied against Darian, not for speaking his mind, but for physically trying to stop me from my duties. Several times he grabbed me trying to restrain me a let Leva get away.

Hew Keenaxe