Outraged

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Erester

Outraged

Post by Erester »

People of Trollsbane,

Many of you may not know me. Those who do know me probably wish they did not. But you have always known that I have never once lied to you. I have always been fair in my dealings, always confessed when I have broken a law whether I agree with it or not, and have never tried to take more than my rightful share. So please, despite what you may think of me, trust my honesty now as you always have.

This day, I came across a man whom you call the Magistrate, or High Inquisitor, and a dwarf named Hew Keenaxe carrying away a bound Leva Beliu. I know that she is banned. I am not interested in arguing the just or not of it, she is banned and that is all. However, after being in the gatehouse and out of view (except for myself, as I was also heading that way), the Magistrate beat her unconcious. He then struck her several times again after dragging her out before throwing her into a portal. Naturally, I contested this. There was swearing, naturally on my part, and a minor scuffle. I too was banned, for one week. I do not contest my punishment, but for the context in which it was distributed. I defied the law and openly slandered a public official. However, I did not assault a guard. I was struck, and acted only in self defence. However, I am appalled that two strong men would handle a much weaker woman in this way, regardless. What has happened to you people? When Joxia was Governess and the Grovestriders serving as pro temper guards, this sort of thing was not the norm. There were no beatings as this. No charges under false pretenses. No laws that forbidded a man from openly speaking his mind about any religion(That, however, is another incident altogether). Yet you would allow it to happen right under your noses, and do nothing? I have never held much love for you people, nor you me. But there had been a time when I trusted your sense of justice. There had been a time when I would have died for you. But sadly, I believe those times have passed.

Please prove me wrong.

~Erester, Son of None, Carpenter, Grovestrider, and now Criminal.

More has been written. It is shakier, and stained with drops of blood.

Shortly after finishing this, I was accosted by Hew Keenaxe. I was demanded to hand over my hatchet, being accused of lighting the gates on fire. His justification was that I was close to TRollsbane and own a hatchet. The first was explained by showing him this parchment. The latter by the obvious: I am, in fact, a carpenter! I carry a hatchet, I have ALWAYS carried a hatchet! Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that, unless I am at the work table or the tavern, I have always carried a hatchet! He then claimed that I had been felling trees! There is no proof of that! I was not even in an area with any trees, let alone fallen ones, and the only bit of wood I had was a bough I was using as a walking stick(I had just been in a scuffle with a trained guard, and am not a warrior myself). Not exactly a roaring flame, that! To top it all off, he accused me of being the one to cut down trees in Tol Vanima! While I have never cared for the elven people(As any half-elf would agree), I have never done anything to their home. All who know me can attest to the fact that I have always avoided Tol Vanima unless I absolutely had to go, and then never alone. And since when can a guard arrest you outside of his city!? What the bloody hell is wrong here!?
~Erester, Unjustly Punished
Joxia Doral

Re: Outraged

Post by Joxia Doral »

*Pausing to scan the notes fluttering on the boards a slender figure puts a quill to the bottom of one*

I can vouch that Erester is in fact a carpenter. I employed him to the Grovestriders in that capacity personally. I cannot say to his guilt or innosence , only that there is nothing at all unusual about him having a hatchet in hand.

Lady Joxia Doral
Town Guard
Junior Giant

Post by Junior Giant »

Erester has his time to defend himself before the Magistrate. He is accused of arson, not of cutting the trees though I expect he did. As for jurisdiction, I am a General in the Army of Gobaith. My jurisdiction is all of Gobaith territory. he is to present himself before the Magistrate this week. If he is innocent he will be released. Erester is to be presumed innocent till his guilt has been decided.

Hew Keenaxe
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Walking by, a small Hobbit happens to see all of this on the wall, upon reading the man name Hew's response he simply snorts and quickly writes a small note beneath his.

You are the general of nothing, stop acting like it's something. You make me sick, of all the moronic eejits the Grosvenor could pick. Show the proof, if your claims are of truth. Till then be gone, and stay that way ya daft gong.

~Sere~

PS: I chop Banes's trees all the time, sometimes I do it whilst I rhyme. If you wish to pick on me, I am no carpenter as like he, I'll cut your hands and slash your face, and then you may see you are nothing but a disgrace.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Mister Kneeaxe,

the jurisdiction of the army of Gobiath is over nothing but the territory of Trolls Bane. You havent any right in Kumdah, nor in the other sovereign settlements, neither over the neutral terrioty of the iland.

~Djironnyma, for Kumdah and the Bearers of the Fire