Imprisoned

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

bdgdkay

Imprisoned

Post by bdgdkay »

A giant of a man paces his cell. He does not try to push through the door, even though anyone who know him knew that no door could hold him back. He wondered how things could have changed so quickly. He asked himself out loud many questions.

What was he doing in this cell? How could have have fallen for this trap? What about his family?

He knew they were the wrong questions to ask. He needed to prepare himself for his trial, but he did not even know anything about that.

How could he have gone from the most popular general in the army, the most well respected official, to a prisoner?

His pacing increased. A tear slowly started to form in his eye as he thought about his wife.

What if no one finds out what happened to me? What if I am just left here and forgotten? What if I am executed?

He punches the wall with the metal stud on the end of his shortened left arm, and chips of stone scatter across the ground. He leans against the wall above the leather that was his new bed, sliding down until he sits. He would not sleep tonight.
Estelwen

Post by Estelwen »

A small elfess and a tall elf are seen darting across the town looking for a man named Altrix, asking whoever they see.

"It seems odd" The elf says to her as she nods in agreement.

" Yes he is normally around town patrolling." She glances around the her surroundings looking confused.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Searching for herbs in sometimes lonely places, Cay has plenty of time to think and remember. A smile touches her lips occasionally with some fleeting thought before she has to concentrate again on her herbs. One of the memories dashing through her mind was the first time she met Altrix...the arguement between him and Felix, not understanding most until later.....yet another time he and Kitsa preparing for their wedding. Mumbling to herself as she wipes her hands on her skirt before standing to look for more herbs..

Haven't seen him in awhile, nor Kitsa...I hope they are both alright.
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

The elfess tossed and turned, thrashing under her blankets. She felt unreasonably hot, though the night was cool. She sighed, pausing in her movement to listen for her daughter's steady breathing. Some of her unease fell away, but the majority of it sat heavy on her chest. Her husband had not come to bed that night. It was unlike him, he wasn't a drinker, she hadn't seen him by the fireplace and rarely he stayed awake for too long after she did. Perhaps training? She rationalized. But her mind flitted to the plans he had whispered to her only a few nights ago. How could someone have known, though?
She rubbed her eyes, it was getting hotter, she couldn't breathe. She glanced over to the still sleeping baby, being careful as she stepped out of her bed and slowly across the room to the door, being careful to lock it after her, before going to the balcony and looking out, take a deep, saving breath of the night air as she looked over town, mumbling;

"Where are you, love?"
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The prisoner gets up again after spending much time thinking. He goes back to pacing. He knows what he must do, but he can't accept it. He knows he is more than capable to doing it.. but it is against everything he is as a person. He pauses, thinking again.

What if he didn't though? What if they decided to execute me? Would that change anything? Should it change anything? Is it right to go against what you stand for if your life is at risk?

He continued pacing again, until he finally returned to his previous position, sitting on the old pieces of leather left on the ground
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

A green-clad lizard slowly rips some herbs to drop into a broth, sitting at the campfire. He looks up to see an elfess that he knows walk by. She looks miserable. After a few seconds of hesitation he decides not to ask her if she's seen her husband, leaving her alone to stir his broth and look around from time to time.
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The prisoner sat, his eyes bloodshot. He had not slept for days. His eyes strained against the dim light. He had no questions. He knew

The governor is too cowardly to give him a public trial. He knows the truth but he can't handle it. He is afraid of his people.

He could hear cries from the other cells, but he could recognize no voices. The sounds from the chamber adjacent to him were sickening. How could the town have fallen back to torture? He thought they were above that. He knew the magistrate would be there soon. He rose slowly, standing at attention in front of the door, waiting.
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

He could stand it no longer. How many days had he been here? There was no way of telling. He may have been there months, or he could have been there for days. It did not matter. He could not stand to be away from his wife. He started to yell. His voice boomed through the solid wooden doors, the stone halls making it echo. Anyone near the jail would not be able to mistake the voice. No one could mistake what he said.

"Kitsa!!"
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

A rather flustered look elfess is seen standing outside the jail alternately talking to two other women and yelling into the jail, although it is quite possible her voice is unable to carry through the heavy stone walls.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Elijah stands over the rafters of the jail, his eyes on the town. The thoughts of the months that he had served the town to the best of his abilities filling his mind and stretching past the limits that bonded his already weak sanity. His hand slowly clutched the lute that lay against his back. A small squeak now slowly drummed in against the background of the bustling town, and it came from the same source he should have never feared. The basement was built mainly for secrecy. It was built under feet of ground, shaded lyrically from sounds of shouts by the thick wood doors and enshrinement of stone that wrapped around the people that dwelled there. It was miracle the squeaks made it through the stone walls, the thick wood doors (which equaled three), the ten feet between the ground and the world outside, and the stone walls of the jail.

This revolution was started because the people wanted change. If they wanted change, he would give it to them.

He never slept. The demons of the past lingered and ate away at him. Liquor no longer had an effect and sibanac had long lost it's potency. He drew the lute from his back, lay it across his lap and slowly began to strum over the cords. He would be up as long as he could, for his finger could long outlast the endurance of vocal cords. He would stay awake and play the loud melody into the streets below until the Magistrate awoke and could remedy the situation. Even though the situation shouldn't need it.
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

*Jaiyra wanders aimlessly through the streets of Troll's Bane, looking for something to occupy her time. As she rounds the craft hall, the sound of music drifting over the river makes her pause to listen. Following the sound, she stops at the door of the prison, listening with the ears of a musician to the invisible lute player above. Something seems slightly off in the sound, though she finds it difficult to pinpoint. Making idle conversation with the friendlier of the two watchmen, she remains nearby as she tries to discern the oddity in the music.*
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

A lizard walks past the intersection in Troll's Bane, toward the tailoring and smithing houses when he catches a glimpse of the elfess by the jail. He stops to take a curious look around before approaching her.

"Kitsa? Whatcha doing around the jail?"
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

((seriously, none knows Altrix is in jail, and there is zero reason to suspect it, stop this nonesense please))

The front door guards look towards the people in front of the jail and soon shout:

Government building here, not town square. Please disperse!
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The lizard walks away, oblivious.

"Aight, aight.."
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The prisoner woke up, his voice raw from yelling. He didn't remember going to sleep. His body must have given in on him. How long had he been here? It felt like he'd nearly been there ten days. He had seen no one in that whole time. The solitude was enough to drive him mad, and even more so the feeling of not knowing what was going to happen. It was no wonder to him that the people were to scared to approach the governor about their problems. The first sign of opposition and you get locked away to rot. He had to do something. He had to get out. He had to see his wife.
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The giant sat broken in the corner. He knew he told them nothing of importance. But he told them everything he knew. He just prayed that they would accept it was all he knew. He did not know if he could stand to be tortured for long, especially if he did not even know the information that was being extracted from him. He put pressure on his knee, wincing at just a slight touch. He was sure it had been shattered. He would not be able to pace as he had before. All he could do was sit and stare at the wall, and think until he fell asleep.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I must be getting old.. the Inquisitor thought to himself, sitting at his desk, the light of a lonely candle barely flickering in the darkness of the office room.
Years ago I would of stuck his head on a pike for all to see, without blinking.. he sighs, removing his full helmet with both hands. None from this island has ever seen his face.. "being people's friend is a luxury that I can not afford", he always says.
Altrix.. good at heart.. he wanted to help the people, but look what he did... he made this road for me, my hands are tied now, I must do my duty.. But what should I do? Make an example out of him, a totem of horror and doom for all people to see and tremble at the thought of the same fate being possible for them as well, or look for repentance and give him absolution?

Bràgon will guide me...
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The Prisoner could not get it out of his mind. Those last few words the magistrate had said before he been brought back to his cell.

"I can see you know you have done no wrong"

The words rang through his head. Were they a hint at mercy from the magistrate? He could only hope so. His knee throbbed. He was sure he would not be able to walk on it for some time.He could not stand the thought of relying on others for help. But for all he knew, he would never see the light of day again. He prayed feverishly that night.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I hate patrolling the dungeon during the night shift.. one guard says to the other, slowly walking down the narrow corridors of the dungeon.
Aye, that bloody chamber is giving me the creeps.. good thing no one's ... visiting... it now. I can not stand the screams.. the other guard replies, stomping his feet on the rock floor.
Heh, at least we are lucky.. the Magistrate made the day shift guys carry the chopping block all the way to the rooftop.. That bloody thing must weight a tone.
The chopping block on the rooftop? heh, I sense we'll have some good show soon, I've seen the executioner sharpen his axe the other day..

The two soon start laughing, their laughter becoming more and more distant as they go up the stairs, eventually.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Orioli shifts uncomfortably in the cramped quarters of the mage cell.
She hears no sounds, since the walls are so thick. Undoubtedly, to prevent her from using magic to effect an escape. Faint echos reach her ears and she sighs deeply.
Her head throbs from the severe beating and her brow crinkles, bringing a wince to her features.
No trial, no opportunity to object or defend herself. Her mind wanders through the events of her life on Gobaith and she cries unheard.
After a time she closes her eyes and finds a fitful, dream-filled sleep, where she wanders again the lands of Gobaith... the woods, the isle of Vanima.. the Sirani, even the murky woods up north.. caves and mountaintops pass throuigh her mind in her semiconcious state.
Sometimes she wakens and cries again, other times she just stares at the wall thinking what she will do when she gets out.. her mind does not release the idea that this will come.. it is her single grip on sanity.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Get out, the Magistrate says after about 30 minutes of her being in the cell.
Get out! But if I hear another complaint against you, you'll be spending a lot more time in here. You are free to go.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Wounded from two brutal beatings. Orioli lifts her head in confusion and pain at the sudden bright light and harsh voice. Not wanting more of the beatings, she stumbles dazed and ill from the prison into the cold dark streets with no food and no medical care. With barely a chance to find her way out of the east gate she again succumbs to darkness and delirion. In her unconcious state she is only aware that she cannot control what happens to her.. and who has now bound her and dragged her away, she does not know...
Estelwen

Post by Estelwen »

An elfess can be seen writing a letter messily on some blood stained parchment.

Anyone who looks closely can see it is adressed to Altrix.
Altrix,

Where are you friend? I have not seen you for many many days now, and it is beginning to become strange. Please get in touch as soon as possible, there are things to discuss.

*The note is unsigned, bar a messy E*
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

S'rrt walks with an anxious hiss toward the jailhouse right after having read one of the anonymous parchments telling of his jailing. He stops in front of the guards:
"You releaze Altrix right now! The man'ss a hero who'ss done mountainss more for the good of Bane'ss people than for the bad! Ssuch deedss sshouldn't be overwhelmed by a ssimple inssult, if that even iss true. Thiss iss abzurd and you both know that.."

He squints his eyes at the guards' commands to leave the area and goes over the bridge to sit down by the signpost, hissing at them.
"You will releaze him.. You're ssupporting INJUSSTICE", he yells and snorts.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

*A man some may recognize as Jonathan Cain is seen storming out the eastern gate, bearing a key to the Keep and several pieces of parchment. *

~~~~~~~

Only a few brief moments earlier he was walking toward the northern gate to go get some rabbit and dear meat, when he decided to stop and make sure the jail door actually got locked for a change. In the process he could hear Tirrend Skye and Altrix Wulfgar conversing. After joining the conversation it took him little time to discover the reasons for the arrest of the latter. Very suddenly Jonathan the Inquisitor walked out and the two men took no longer than 2 minutes to begin arguing. By the end of it, realizing he was likely a few sentences short of being jailed himself, Sir Cain left the prison. Never being one to walk away in an air of defeat he made sure to make one final point.

"Mark my words, Jonathan. The sins of your past, and those of Varrin, will come back to haunt the both of you. Mark my words."

~~~~~~~

*Back in the Keep, Sir Jonathan Cain begins taking out various parchments and quills, writing several letters.* [/i]
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

A rumpled figure stirs from behind the stairwell in the keep. Looking up and seeing a light, he slowly moves in that direction.
Curious now Kenfric watches a lone figure who seems bent over papers and writings. He clears his throat to not feel as if he were spying, but remains close in hopes he might be useful to the man.
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

Still huddling in the corner and clinging to a filthy blanket, Jaiyra awakes and remains still as her eyes grow accustomed to the darkness. She listens for a repeat of the noise that had disturbed her restless sleep but hears only the fitful breathing of the other prisoners. With an almost silent sigh, she leans her head against the wall, grateful for the cool feel of stone against her feverish skin and stiffens her resolve against the pain of untended injuries and gnawing hunger. Maybe she would eat today. Even as the thought passed her mind, her empty stomach twisted in retching pain and she knew she would not.

Creeping to the edge of the bed, she checks Altrix and finds him sleeping quietly. The conditions inside the prison chamber worsen daily from the stench of unwashed bodies and the festering stink of a sick room. How many days has it been? A week? Perhaps longer? As the effort of concentration makes her head ache and dizziness threatens to overwhelm her once more, she sinks to her knees. Wrapping up in her dirty and tissue thin blanket, Jaiyra arranges her injured body as comfortably as she can and simply waits.