The story of Owain Curtis

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Clydus

The story of Owain Curtis

Post by Clydus »

((I am a very new player, so feel free to criticise, and tell me whats wrong, as all i can do is learn, thank you ))

Born a Serinjah and raised on the plains he called home, Owain lived a rather non-descript existence untill the age of 18, whereupon a strange man walked into his home town. Covered in blood,Wounded, but still walking, he spotted Owain and asked him if any medical supplies could be found.

Knowing his parents kindly disposition, Owain told him to come back to his ranch for succour, untill he returned to full health, upon which the stranger immediatley agreed and introduced himself as Alex.

Whilst mending Alex told stories in payment for his recuperation. At first He told of how he got the wound that had brought him to Owaine's small community; ''I have travelled far and lived enough years,barely, to be considered a veteran, yet all my training was nought after i strayed into the path of a roaming buffalo. The bastard hit me from behind, but as i fell beneath him, i slit his belly from neck to groin, A messy tactic, but effective'' He stopped and and a grin split his face'' You didnt think all this blood was mine did you?''

Of the many tales Owain heard, most were of a place called Gobiath, an island many miles away. As the stories unfolded, so did a strange feeling in Owain, a feeling he had never experienced, for something he had never seen.

He was infatuated with Gobiath.

Alex left as soon as he was well enough, and with barely a backward glance departed from Owaine's life as suddenly and as mysteriously as he had entered it, leaving only these words in his wake '' I will not forget the help afforded to a stranger''.

As soon as he reached 19, Owain gathered his meagre savings, said farewell to the community that had been his life since his birth, and headed towards mystery and, though he did not know it, mayhem.

Upon reaching Gobiath, Owain met an elfess, and thinking he recognised her, shouted with all the youthfull exuberance prevalent in a 19 year old lad.

He soon realised his mistake. The elfess immediatley settled her hand on her blade, and with narrowed eye's asked him who he was.Introducing himself, Owain cautiously proceeded in conversation untill the elfess finnaly revealed her name, Estelwen.

Estelwen looked after owain for his first day, but being a solitary creature, left without a goodbye and dissapeared into the darkness. Finding a campfire, Owain sat down, and introduced himself once again to an striking female elf, Kitsa, and a tall, sturdy looking human man called Eric.
Telling of his journey, Owain eventually began to regale the events that had transpired to the journey to Gobiath.
He mentioned the name Alex, and instantly mixed emotions rapidly traversed the face of both Eric and Kitsa.

The mysterious stranger.
The Tale-telling Veteran.
Alex.. Alexander Knight.

Owain had come to learn, to increase his fighting skills and be like the man he had helped on that day, seemingly a lifetime ago. But stories seemed to indicate that to be him would not be such a noble idea as Owain assumed.

Ignoring the tales as hearsay, and awaited the return of, as he now knew, Alexander Knight, to ask for his favour returned, to become an apprentice to him, and go to wars by his side.

But.... The first casualty of war is innocence....