The Army of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Army of Gobaith

The Army of Gobaith

Post by The Army of Gobaith »

• Public Board of The Army of Gobaith
                • For the Glory of Gobatih!
    • _____________________________________________________________

"Though we may sometimes feel as though we have lost, failure is not an option. Failure is never an option when the integrity of the citizens of Gobaith are threatened. Our mission is to protect every settlement from tyranny, oppression, brigades of banditry, and to stand as a shield against outside forces who threaten to destroy these fundamental ideals. Together I have no doubt that we will accomplish this, my friends. "

- Elijah Varrin, Governor of Troll's Bane

• Commander in Chief of the Armed forces:
    Elijah Varrin of Troll's Bane

Generals of the Army:
    General Hew Keenaxe of Troll's Bane
    General Kara'mak of Troll's Bane
  • Corporals of the Army:
    Corporal Stefan Elvaris of Troll's Bane
    Corporal Dominic Fisher of Troll's Bane
    Corporal Roland Ross of Troll's Bane

Privates of the Army:
    Private Leomar of Troll's Bane
    Private Adran of Troll's Bane
    Private Elrot of Troll's Bane
    Private Zehshirr of Troll's Bane
    Private Brian Stubbs of Troll's Bane
    Private Rog of Troll's Bane

• Grand Smith of the Army
  • Skull'Fed
    • Benefits of Enlistment
Benefits will include, but are not limited to:
  • 15 silvers a dwarven month for Recruits during peacetime.
  • 25 silvers a dwarven month for Corporals during peacetime.
  • 50 silvers a dwarven month for Generals during peacetime.
  • Provided food, training, and equipment. Equipment comes straight from the hammer and anvil of the greatest smith on the Island in Skull'fed.
  • The chance for mage training through the Magic Academy.
  • Periodic bonuses of a maximum of 10 silvers for continued showed improvement in military activities.
  • The chance to gain land and title for your servitude for the Island.
    • Current Mission
  • To rid the Island of this so called "Legitimate Businessman's Association".
  • To protect the Elves of Tol Vanima without reward or want for one against this same entity.
Last edited by The Army of Gobaith on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.
The Army of Gobaith

• Creed of the Army
  • Gallantly will I show the Island the might of peace and honor.
    Observing the future implications of my actions, and refusing to back down, even if it may mean my life will be my mission and show my dedication to my oath.
    Bravely I will meet all those who face me on the battlefield, and show them the might of a united Gobaith.
    Acknowledging the fact that the enemies of this Island will try to induce fear in my heart, I will stand strong and understand I'm expected to move farther, faster, and fight harder then my enemy.
    Iam a Guardian of peace and shall meet the enemies of Gobaith head on. I shall meet and defeat them on the battlefield, for I am better equipped, better trained, and will fight to my very last breath.
    The enemies of Gobaith shall know me and shall fear me.
    Humble and resilient, I will stand as a wall against all those who oppose peace and prosperity.
    • Ranks of the Army

Commander in Chief -

The Commander in Chief is the leader of a certain settlement or guild's warriors within the army. They have the senior voice among those from their respective settlement and guild, and do not have the authority to lead or control another settlement's soldiers or enlisted forces. The Commander in Chief has the the right to serve on the Army's council, and delegate and decide on bills and other acts that may be passed within the Army.

Each Commander in Chief is entitled to one vote and gains an additional vote for every five members he leads.
Generals of the Army -

Generals of the Army are field leaders. They are expected to have qualified knowledge and experience in military operations. They will lead and defend their squadrons in battle and be expected to be proper and classy citizens outside of their duties. They will lay their life on the line in every mission for the peace and prosperity of the Island, and the men they lead.
Corporals of the Army -

Corporals are expected to be on the cusp of becoming advanced and experienced war veterans. They must be ready to take up the mantle of being a general at any moment, specially when in battle and their leader has been falled. They will be trained in military operations by their respective Generals and be expected to pass several screening tests, both mental and physical if they wish to advance in rank.
Privates of the Army -

Though they are the lowest rank within the guild, advancement can come quickly should they prove they deserve it. Privates will be expected to follow the commands of their superiors in the heat of battle, and outside it unless there is a moral issue that keeps them from doing so. Privates act as the footsoldiers of the Army, the foundation that holds the army together.
Last edited by The Army of Gobaith on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

I came to this island, like most of us in search of a new calling. A new path in the road we call life. In many aspects, I have accomplished this feat well. However, as with any main goal, you must make smaller goals in between them. At first my main goal was, and certainly still is, to restore Troll's Bane for the present and the uncertain future.

I quickly found that this was quite a monumental task. I found that what affected the fair island of Gobaith, also directly affected the capital, center, and largest town in Troll's Bane. Because of this, I'm a firm believer in the fact that there will never be peace for Troll's Bane unless there is peace for all of Gobaith. This army that I announced the other day will not be an offensive Troll's Bane weapon, despite it's Troll's Bane leadership. It will not impose it's help on those who do not ask of it, unless the situation is extremely grieve.

Instead it will stand as a beacon, a light in the darkness that surrounds it and threatens to engulf it. Too many guilds have come along with this same goal in mind and either failed, or reshaped their goal to better fit their needs. I can promise that we will give our best effort or die trying.

However, it will ask for the support of the many settlements of this island and the citizens who wish a free and safe homeland. Support as in troops and men in arms, and funding to feed and cloth those troops. The Town of Troll's Bane has set back a substantial amount of money from it's own confers to pay for this precedent, but this will only last for so long.

The Army of Gobaith is not a force meant simply to say one thing and do another. We will be here to support in all causes, be it in Troll's Bane or the loneliest parts of the Island. Our guild will meet regularly to train, assist, and serve. Above you will soon find details on how our guild operates, it's members, it's benefits, and what we stand for.

Our first task will be to protect and rid Tol Vanima of this bandit problem that plagues them. Our aide will also go towards our neighbors, The Farmer's Union, should they need our assistance.

For anyone out there who is tired of waking up in the morning, wondering if you can leave your bed and go about your daily activities without getting attacked by bandits, rejoice. Rejoice because there is a leader out there that cares. Rejoice that you now have the chance to join a group with no political ties to any Government, with massive amounts of benefits should you wish to fight evil and spread peace.

No longer shall Gobaithens hide. No longer shall they submit. No longer will they back down against foreign aggressors. Head your head up, citizens of Gobaith, for you are all a privileged people. Privileged for the chance to have a chance, unlike many in suffering parts of the world. Wipe your tears from your eyes, straighten up and proclaim the Glory of Gobaith!

Unite and defend,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Minor changes have been made to the main wall, including the creed of the Army and a brief description of the ranks that are available to the enlisted forces.

I also want to make a quick statement on the position of Commander in Chief. Confusion seems to run rapid on that subject, which is hardly anyone's fault but my own. The Commander in Chief only has authority over anyone from his respective guild or town. There can be, technically, an infinite number of Commanders. They will hold no dominion over the other settlements and have no real right to command someone from another faction. However, each Commander will automatically become part of a council, which will vote on sensitive topics and matters of war.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings citizens,

I have always been in favor of keeping a good transparency with the citizens about what we, the leaders, are doing and planning. Thus, I feel it is my duty to report the army's so far progress into it's set task.

Here are the informations gathered so far on the subject of the bandit group LBA:
- "Hawk" - human/elf male, always wearing a bird shaped mask. Decent sword fighter, prone to violence, medium dangerous. Believed to be one of the guild's robbers. No other description is available.
- "Eagle" - elf female, wearing bird shaped mask. Weak archer, prone to violence. Usually spotted training at the golem, or inside the arena. Believed to be one of the guild's robbers. She looks like ((14XXXXXXXX))
- "Lieutenant Snake" - human/elf male, wearing a metal mask and hood. Very skilled warrior, poison user, extremely dangerous. Operating pattern unpredicted, no description available. Believed to be the guild's main assassin.
- Juliana - medium skilled archer, medium sword fighter, poison user. Not prone to violence, medium dangerous. Believed to be one of the guild's assassins. She looks like ((10376XXXXX))
- "Altair" - male human. Not dangerous, status within the guild not clear. Usual location unknown, though spotted several times inside the city. He looks like ((15847XXXXX))
- Dranis - male human. Skilled sword fighter, prone to violence. Usually spotted inside the graveyard, training with the red skeletons. Believed to be a kidnapper for the guild. He looks like((44120XXXXX))
- Bindus Sparacello - male halfling. Very skilled warrior, prone to violence, extremely dangerous. Leader of the organisation, though believed to only give orders, not activly participating in the activities anymore. Description pending.
These are the members that are known to us, thought the possibility of others, not discovered yet, is not only not excluded, but heavly pondered upon.

Dear citizens, please note that any information leading to the capture of any of these individuals, or any other useful information regarding the LBA guild, shall be richly rewarded by the city of Trolls Bane.

The Army makes it's main goal in finding and eradicating this guild of criminals, but it is also your duty, as citizens to report anything you stumble upon, as well as aiding in any other way as much as you can.

Join the Army today, so that we have a brighter future tomorrow!

For the glory of the gods and for the peace of this island,
- High Inquisitor Kar'armak
- Magistrate of Trolls Bane
- General of the Gobaithan Army.
Junior Giant

Enlist

Post by Junior Giant »

General Kar'armak,

I would like to join the army. I am a young Dwarf lumberjack of sound physical condition. I have only been on the island for a week now, so I don't have much training in the martial arts yet. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to buy some good starting equipment. As of yet I do not belong to any other group or town but will likely join with my brothers at Silverbrand in the future.
I will gladly dedicate the use of my axe and my life to the defense of Gobaith.

Hew Keenaxe
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings,

All recruitment is handled by the Commander in Chief, the Governor. Please contact him personally for the enlistment. Take the proof of your conscription to the Quartermaster Skull'fed afterwards, to receive your equipment, if you are not provided with it from the beginning.

- General Kar'armak
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Hew Keenaxe has sworn the oath and enlisted on this day. Wish him luck.

Our first meeting will be held nearly a dwarven week from now ((18:00 GMT Sunday 2:00 eastern standard time US)) at the tavern in Troll's Bane. All members will be expected to attend, and those who wish to discuss or hear our goals are welcome. A list of activities will be wrote up, and we may even have some mock battles to train for the real thing, should it come to pass.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

A meeting will be held in the Troll's Bane tavern ((18:00 GMT Sunday 2:00 eastern standard time US)) in a few dwarven days. It seems I've been reluctant to reminisce with the member base and stand up to my promises. Please send me a dove before that date to prove that you will be available and remind me what I need to bring to the meeting, in terms of equipment or pay.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Das Auge

Post by Das Auge »

Elijah wrote:Be greeted,

A meeting will be held in the Troll's Bane tavern ((18:00 GMT Sunday 2:00 eastern standard time US)) in a few dwarven days. It seems I've been reluctant to reminisce with the member base and stand up to my promises. Please send me a dove before that date to prove that you will be available and remind me what I need to bring to the meeting, in terms of equipment or pay.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Where are you?

~unsigned~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Excuse my absence. I believe these aren't the best times to be having such public meetings in a publicly announced meeting area. Please send me a dove if there is was something you wished to discuss with me. I will surely meet with you to clear up any confusion or answer any questions.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Das Auge

Post by Das Auge »

- "Hawk" - human/elf male, always wearing a bird shaped mask. Decent sword fighter, prone to violence, medium dangerous. Believed to be one of the guild's robbers. No other description is available.
- "Eagle" - elf female, wearing bird shaped mask. Weak archer, prone to violence. Usually spotted training at the golem, or inside the arena. Believed to be one of the guild's robbers. She looks like ((14XXXXXXXX))
- "Lieutenant Snake" - human/elf male, wearing a metal mask and hood. Very skilled warrior, poison user, extremely dangerous. Operating pattern unpredicted, no description available. Believed to be the guild's main assassin.
- Juliana - medium skilled archer, medium sword fighter, poison user. Not prone to violence, medium dangerous. Believed to be one of the guild's assassins. She looks like ((10376XXXXX))
- "Altair" - male human. Not dangerous, status within the guild not clear. Usual location unknown, though spotted several times inside the city. He looks like ((15847XXXXX))
- Dranis - male human. Skilled sword fighter, prone to violence. Usually spotted inside the graveyard, training with the red skeletons. Believed to be a kidnapper for the guild. He looks like((44120XXXXX))
- Bindus Sparacello - male halfling. Very skilled warrior, prone to violence, extremely dangerous. Leader of the organisation, though believed to only give orders, not activly participating in the activities anymore. Description pending.

Zach Dawson - male human. Skilled Sword Fighter. -- for attacking a Guard and other citizens.

Signed with
~leomar
zda

Post by zda »

*a man walks up seeing his name blinking. he rites a replay*
*the parchment has been riped some but most of the letter is still readable he re rights his name at the bottom nere were the parchemnt was riped*

im not part of there little "group" i was helping helping at the inn and they came and ordered food wile i was away i came back and they wanted to "talk" i went in the other room to put some things away and they followed me and demanded money and then came at me and i defended my self from them.

Zach Dawson
Last edited by zda on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Das Auge

Post by Das Auge »

-Zach's parchment has been ripped-
Last edited by Das Auge on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i would like to report an attack on my inn though i was not present at the time i understand that some people came into my inn to eat.. no issue there.. but i am told that they then entered my staff only area and reportedly attacked my pet. for this i would like these persons hunted down and either brought before me or at the very least publicly punished in some method i may approve..

~whisper~

P.S. To the persons who bring any one whom attacked the Inn's staff I shall reward.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

General Orteg has been relieved of his duties due to possible links to the LBA, and numerous reports of his attacks on citizens of the Island. This comes as a great blow to the defense and well being of the town, due to his obvious abilities to wield a blade.

Reports have stated he has left the island, but upon his return, I don't expect this notion to be taken lightly.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Skull'Fed

Post by Skull'Fed »

Meh recieved lettur.

Orteg beh dead...he died while he wus trying ta conquer salkamar alon..while he wus drunk...but da good news beh, he took 200 bastards wib him!

~Skull'Fed
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

- An orc passes the note with little expression beneath his heavy helmet.

~ Guhd riddance.. One oomin down, one orc dah go...
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Altrix has joined the Army. In what rank complicity has yet to be determined.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Roland Ross has been accepted into our ranks and will take the title of Corporal. The situation of confusion that surrounds Altrix's position within the army should be resolved soon enough.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Richard Elnor has been accepted into our ranks upon this day. He will serve as a close adviser to myself on military matters and serve the Army to the best of his abilities.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

An extensive furnishing project is underway, to improve the quality of the Army as a whole. In order for any army to be successful, one must be properly and adequately supplied with the greatest armor, food, and trained appropriately. My advanced age, becoming 32 winters this coming season, has left me with a fair share of scars and my body doesn't quite work as it used to. However, as much as I lack in being able to provide my soldiers with first hand combat training at times, I intend to make up for that with a deep pocket and an adequate supply of essentials.

The armory has grown extensively in the past few months, and with a strong resurgence of activity on my part, it should only begin to slowly creep towards the ultimate goal of mine. Please contact me if you wish to donate or perhaps grab some items from the armory, or are in need of food.

As for the ranking system. Hew Keenaxe has been promoted from a Recruit to a Corporal, and Altrix has joined him in the same position.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Two dwarven months ago I stood before many in the tavern of Troll's Bane and pleaded with them to create a united force to take down the evils that plague the land. I stood before them calling for a faction to become one and stand up for all those poor souls that do not have the ability or will to defend for themselves. It has been a long, and in some cases uneventful journey that has left us with very little in terms of obtaining these lofty goals. However, today I believe we can all hold up our heads and agree that something worthwhile has been done.

Bindus has been captured and imprisoned, awaiting further punishment and investigation. This will hopefully end an era of terror that relished under his reign of the group known as the Legitimate Businessman's Association, a group that I have been so closely linked to in the past. Through our methods of questioning, we shall find the identities of all those who served under him and we shall hunt them to the sea, pushing them off the brink of our fair lands and making sure the bastards don't come back.

Peace. That's the high mountain I can see against the sunset, that snowy tip covered in the crystals of bliss. We still have much land to traverse, and it won't take much to cause us to go rolling back down to the base of that huge obstacle, but I'm sure with the help of you, we shall conquer all other obstacles that stand in our paths.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

All enlisted forces who consider themselves to still be enlisted within the Armed forces, please send me a dove.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Valhanian

Post by Valhanian »

Hail!

I would like to speak with someone regarding signing up, that is if you are still recruiting?

Yours,
E. Valhanian
zda

Post by zda »

im still active mister Elijah

Brian Stubbs
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I ask that all members prepare themselves for the situation that rages underneath our town. I ask all members to contact me for payment.

Altrix, General of our fair Army, has donated a rather large sum of magical longswords to the armory this eve. I appreciate this donation and I'd very much like for all other members to take a page out of his book and give what they can to better compile an armory we can all be proud of.

His position in the army makes us all proud, and he is a example all our members should strive to become.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Altrix has been suspended from the Army indefinitely, pending the results of his upcoming trial.

Hew Keenaxe will be promoted to his spot next time we meet.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
The Army of Gobaith

Re: The Army of Gobaith

Be greeted,

After a lengthy amount of time, the Army charter and roster has been updated. It seems after quite a jump start of activity at the beginning of our Order, we've shown a steady decline in actual recruits. I will attempt to combat this by actively pursuing jobs for our soldiers and trying to meet on a regular basis.

In the spirit of such new found spirit and the eager desire for growth, there will be an Army meeting to discuss the Island's problems and other things troubling our order
((Next Thursday, December 30th at 1 PM Eastern Standard time)). I wish to discuss the growing problems that face the orcs, and gaining reputation across the land as a peaceful organization (which would be the opposite of those horrible rumors I've heard). When I first started the Army, I planned regular training expeditions and simulations, as well as Army led festivals and peacekeeping missions. It is my fault, not the men in arms, that most of these things have yet to come to fruition. A reminder to all members and aspiring recruits, you may send me a dove if you are in need of top tier equipment and/or training. I will gladly accept and accommodate either.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Re: The Army of Gobaith

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Due to my recent resignation from the Governor role, I wish to formally announce that I'm also stepping down as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Though there are hardly any members around anymore that this will effect, I plan to stay on merely in an advisory role. Further announcements about the future of the order will be announced in the coming days.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin