~All is welcome~

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

orgis

~All is welcome~

Post by orgis »

A shirtless Hobbit runs back and forth, carrying papers, books and perhaps a pie or two. He has a determined look on his face, for what reason you'd only be able to guess. But as it were, you'll find out soon enough. He sets up a sign on the library door, and the patch of wall next to the door that reads "Philosophy and Religious studies one O... something..". Those inclined to listen, no doubt will be interested. Those who are slightly slow in the head, may give this class a miss. At the table on the bottom floor he sits, waiting for people to come in and take their place. "Come in, com in. Dinnae worry, ah dinnae bite too hard". Grinning as he welcomes a few people who perhaps didn't know if this was for real he takes a breathe.

"Now, 'm sure you're all tha' same, looking for answers tha' 'gods' an' bishops or monks cannae give. Well. Why can't they answer you're simple questions? Simple my dear buggers! Their full o' it!" Waits for what he just said to register with those listening before going on. "Tha' purpose o' this class, an' tha' classes ta' follow is prove an' disprove tha' false and true gods. Those who scream "Burn 'm!!!" are simply scared tha' their made up world is gonna crash on their heids.

If anyone has any objections, let 'em be heard. If not.... I'd like ta' start off by disproving tha' 'false' Gods.

((I would do this IG, but due to the complexity of the matter, those who wish to take part might have their point lost in a fury of words. Thus, a little forum rp never hurt anyone ; ) ))
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Trailing a couple of herbs from her bag, Cay walks in for her daily studies at the library, most words are now known and can be written, yet the longer ones still elude her. Distracted by a few pie crumbs, she almost trips over nothing discernable on the floor and barely manages to right herself yet totally misses the parchment posted. Pulling out the last book she was reading, Cay walks to the table and smiles at the hobbit nodding to him before opening the book as her feet barely touch the floor after sliding in the overly large chair.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

A man is seated in the back of the 'class', hooded and watching the strange immodestly dressed Halfling as he potters about inexpertly. He had arrived there a full hour early (or perhaps he had been reading a book, and merely stayed for the session). He coughs politely, before looking upwards from beneath his hood and addressing the short, proud creature.

"Mr. Halfling... I am greatly interested by how you intend to disprove both the false and the true Gods; tell me, how do you intend to make untrue the truth? Thank you for allowing us to be there, but may I ask - what questions have you put to the Archbishop of this isle, or the monks and priests who dwell here, that they have been unable to answer? Have you asked any at all? Or are you just lying? I for one have never been asked any questions by you, certainly."
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

A young elfess wanders by the library and chuckles upon seeing the sign. "Well this should be good" she mumbles softly to herself as she steps inside. She quietly takes a seat at the far end of the table, smiling to those she knows, and offering polite nods to those she doesn't. She smiles warmly as her eyes fall on the halfling, but says nothing. Amusement dances in her amber eyes as she sits back and waits.
orgis

Post by orgis »

The hobbit gives the man a good moment to speak. Waiting for a moment for everyone take the words in before delivering his response. "I wont make anything other than it already is. If a lie tha's been running around as a truth happens ta' be caught in tha' process, well tha's great. Tak' for example tha' belief tha' tha' younger 'gods' are infact gods. They simply got 'upgraded' fae mortal-ism. Now, if tha' younger gods used ta' be folk like me an' you, theres one heck o' a chance tha', tha' five are nothing more. We simply don't have writing 'bout who 'upgraded' them.

As for you're part 'bout me not asking. I've questioned you're monks who called for tha' brainless an' tha' sheep o' tha' island ta' step forward, whether they didn't report back ta' you're order 'bout tha' questions shows 'ow much ye's care. I've questioned brother Varrin on these matters and received very little information, rather snide remarks 'bout Hobbits being related ta' pigs.

Now, do you have any more questions before we start?"

Locks eyes with him for a moment before turning and catching sight of the Elfess, with a grin and wink he stands up, perhaps ready to talk.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The man nods, calmly and without much surpise at what's been said.

"No, Mr. Halfling, I have no more questions to ask of you to ascertain your heresy, merely a comment: You are within the City of Troll's Bane, and it falls to me to remind you that this City has recently passed laws against heresy and blasphemy. You have broken these laws before me, and I shall alert the guard in due course. But please, continue, I should like to hear what other lies and infidelities you may spout to a public all too eager for controversy and scandal."
orgis

Post by orgis »

Just laughs at the Human now. "Tell me big yin, when you see a gift at you're front door. Do you wonder how it got there? Do you question who might ahve put it there? No! You pick one view point, then burn tha' rest o' you're neighbors who don't agree. Lord Nargun, by any chance did you bang you're head a few years ago... I say this as it would seem ta' explain you're backwards way of thinking."

"As for breaking laws. Ta' feck wi' 'em."

Turns back to all those who are in the room, taking a moment to think out his next words. Finally after deciding on his next approach he speaks. "Righty ho. Lesson one. Now, I want ta' take this time ta' explain tha' 'gods' ol' numpty features over there is holding onto. In his world, tha' gods can be just like you an' me, they can have their weakness. Sirani for example, would fall under the want of lust. There's nothing different 'bout 'em... Now, if this was tha' case, why would we even bother ta' call 'em gods? I don't know 'bout you lads/lassies but when I tink o' a god, I tink o' something perfect. Not something wi' it's own problems.

((will continue this in the morning. Also, due to this being IG, if the guards come after me here and get me, I'm willing to have my ass shoved in the jail IG wise as well. Fun for all involved right? ))
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Attempting to read the book laying open in front of her as her finger follows each word, proud she could understand them, Cay's dark eyes finally look up and around at each person in turn then as their words register she begins to frown while carefully closing her book with a slight blush when it bangs louder then intended. Walking toward the bookcase placing it carefully on the shelf, she turns from the library muttering to herself.

Any druid knows Ushura is a goddess!