A Bondsman Born

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bellringer

A Bondsman Born

Post by Bellringer »

*A parchment hung in the Tavern*
My good and most honourable sirs and betters,

I am not an demanding man, nor am I a man who be hard to please, but I be a man with certain needs. I need labour, good sirs, that I might work and fulfil my purpose in this life, which be to provide for those who have need of provision. I am a farmer by trade, aye a good one, but this is no trade I ply of my own cause. All me life, I have lived in the far-off land of Albar, and there things went well with me. A serf I was, dutiful in my work and loyal to me lord - but circumstances changed things, and here I end up my noble lords. But please, don't concern yourself with that.
Good Archduke Cromwell, Gods bless him, in his own time made me a serf of his own, and enabled me to work upon his fields and give him a share of my work. Such a thing suited me well, for never before had I been able to keep any of what I had for myself - many a cold winter had occured were I had had naught to eat - but I don't want to lay my problems at your door. No, I to labour again - the good Archduke no longer has me in his employ, and I seek to work as a servant for whoever needs one. I can do basic guarding duties, I can cook somewhat, look after your offspring, send messages (aye, and write too) clean, I can sing a little - if that be to your liking. I farm however, best of all, and I'm sure you'd be glad of my employ.
Please give consideration... All I want is five silvers per dwarven month, it isn't much, but it is fine for me - I am a frugal man. If you have an house as well, I would be glad of a roof over my head to stay in.
If anyone will seek me, may they please send a message over to the harbour - the harbour-master is letting me stay there for some time.

Your loyal and humble servant,

Rolfe Yeoman
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

*A note is pinned below the first, written in the same hand*

I have found services at the hands of Captain Sirith, I am no longer seeking further employ. Thanks for you're interest.
RY