Public Board of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kugar

Post by Kugar »

A figure in dark robes approaches Jefferson in the southern forest, where he is sat in the shadow's fall of a tall tree, peeling an apple with a poisoned dagger.. The robed figure then proceeds to inform Jefferson about Governor Elijah's reply...

"Attention seeker, you say?.... Jefferson states with little effort, looking away from the messanger, and back to the apple he peels.

"How rich, that these words can come from such a man...." Jefferson smirks for an instant, then shakes his head and sighs in a relaxed tone, as he leans back and throws the apple away.

"Regardless... I have 'his' attention, do I not?...

Jefferson nods simply to the robed one, as he then hands him a rolled up parchment, instructing the robed one to attend Trollsbane disguised as one who is homeless, and attach it on the board.

Governor Elijah

I am humbled to hear you have taken the time to pull your head from the clouds, long enough to produce a reply. I am sure with your expertise, and vast knowledge, that you can come to the conclusion that there will be no need for questioning to prove my guilt. I openly admit to destroying your dear corporal, Stefan. My only regret being, that the charge is merely 'attempted murder'. But I digress.. Perhaps we should discuss your guilt, mister Varrin? You have done well to fool the people of this island, though perhaps you should know, that I have been keeping a close eye on you. I have seen the shady character that hides behind a noble mask, the one who becomes magistrate one day, only to instantly replace a dead governor the next. You should also be aware, that 'I' am aware of your affiliation with the infamous 'Legitimate Businessmen's Society'. I am aware of how you intercepted the offer Bernie Bottoms had made them to arrange your assassination, only to provide an offer of your own to sabotage the assassination, and to make it look real. Having the assassin fail miserably to kill you, and having him hold enough evidence against Bernie to have him arrested, and tried. How else would you have gained so much evidence, one would wonder? From one who works for such a 'distinguished' guild. I didn't really believe it myself, though nor do I believe in such coincidence, and that is what impressed me about you.. Though it all became clear to me when we spoke quietly together; when you disregarded any priority to rid the amateur assassins from the island. But then, I do suppose your foolish trust in myself lead you to believe that I would keep the content of our private conversation, private, Varrin? Perhaps for fun, I should also make the people of Kumdah aware of your intention to remove their leader? We could have helped each other with that one, you and I. However, I regret to inform you, that your insolence has lead me to neglect the offer of admission into 'your' army.

So what of my motives? Well, that is simple. To, expose you, and as you put, 'terminate' you, and the fools who will still follow you, from this island. After all, if a threat is to be eliminated, one must dig up the roots.

Regards,

-Jefferson Gray<>-
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted Mister Gray,

It has always been my mission statement to refrain from speaking with members of the Gobathien community who find it best to publicly bash my administration. However, when someone such as yourself continues to be a bigger public target to the welfare of Troll's Bane, even more then the "Legitimate Businessman's Asssociation"'s current stance, I must take accurate and appropriate steps to not only rid Bane of this propaganda and filth, but dispel your senseless words.

You must understand that you don't have a thing called leverage in this instance. For starters, you're a known criminal who has, from the onset of my regime, tried to usurp me and wage some sort of tactless war against my administration. I've went as far as sending a delegate to your leader, the shadowy head of the Temple, to cordially ask for him to tell you to cease your attempts.

Seeing as how he never did reply and I haven't saw my messenger since then, coupling that fact with that you have ceased to stop your little games, I can only come to one conclusion. This is another attempt by the Temple to seize power in Bane. Well, I can assure you, Mister Gray, that I won't step down lightly and allow for this shadowy regime to flex it's ugly muscle as long as I'm in power. I've promised that much to a dying man.

I may be a man minus a portion of my backbone, and my sword arm may not be as strong as it once was, but I won't allow for people who want power to try to pull me from the mantle. A mantle that I respect and humbly accept as my position, because I believe I'm best served to lead this town back to a time of prosperity. However, through this duty of mine, I believe I've left a few tracks that may have been muddied with the passing of time.

You see, Mister Gray, through your brilliant and otherwise amateur research into the field of Elijah politics, you've found two possible links to my administration and this LBA. Any other claims of connections are complete none sense and have very little backing, other then the words of a known criminal and temple member, who has unreasonably detested my regime since it took office. These connections will be publicly resolved and openly spoken by me here, so that the citizens will hear the correct and honest response that is expected of a politician when criminals try to force their way into a government through slurs and ill fated documents upon their walls.

The first sighting of this "LBA" was right after I took office, which you may check the public archives and find it was dealing with an alleged assault on Fleta Ross. My main objective when I took office was to internally rebuild Troll's Bane defense to readily defend against the Netharian Cult and ultimately you, which you were a known member of. I saw a situation there, because of the Gynk roots I shared with Ace and his friend Bindus, that there was a growing problem.

I couldn't battle on two fronts and seeing as how my administration was barely a few days fresh at that point, I quickly took steps to keep keep the water from boiling over the pan. I told them that Troll's Bane would not interfere in their affairs outside of Troll's Bane, as long as they stayed out of Troll's Bane. Seeing as how Ace was a friend of mine from Gynk (I saved him from dying once or twice), he reluctantly accepted.

Bindus on the other hand was a much more stubborn person, who requested a payment in return for loss of loot that he'd receive due to his activities in Bane being cut off. Ace, my beloved friend despite his criminal background, was able to negotiate him into not requesting for payment from a depleted Troll's Bane treasury.

After Ace's death, Troll's Bane was slowly rebuilding it's defense force and with my level of activity, Bane was returning to that mountain in front of it, preparing to start the steep climb. However, now that the Netharian cult was dealt with, I turned my attention to other things. Most notably this LBA that you claim and seem to think I hold close ties with.

On the contrary, you've contradicted yourself. Because the only other supposed tie to the LBA, which I'm sure many people have suspected since the event readily in question, is a massive loop of contradictory none sense on your part. This, of course, is dealing with the trial of Bernie Bottoms. Ace, gods rest his soul, had told me the night before he died that Bernie had offered him payment in exchange for my death.

At the time, I had very little support within the town, because I was virtually an unknown political entity, and the only witness was a known criminal. Instead of charging Bernie with treason, which now that my eyes have been opened I can see I should have, I let him walk. I thought maybe if I showed trust in him he'd repay me with the same.

However, after the attacks on my person in Tol Vanima with the former Elder Shanderial, I became increasingly hostile towards the idea of the LBA. Many people were in attendance to tell you that I was hurt badly that day and if it weren't for the ability of the Elder, I wouldn't be writing this message. Surely a man who is so closely working with the LBA wouldn't be attacked to near death by that same organization?

Anyhow, it became my duty to destroy this LBA in other ways then charging the battlefield. My younger years left me with quite a bit of knowledge of banditry, and I knew that other then loot, bandits mainly were funded another way. Coercion.

I knew that Troll's Bane would never pay the LBA, and I also knew that neither would Varshikar, Vanima, or Silverbrand. My administration spent a majority of it's early days in Vanima, trying to keep the people there calm and refraining from giving in to these threats for coercion.

After much deliberation and undercover work on my part, I found only a few real "donators" to this group. One of which was Mister Bernie Bottoms, whose name came up again when he told me he was personally paying them off. Then, I started to dig deeper and found that his links with the group could only mean one thing. He was going to use them, as they were going to use him (placing a puppet in power to seize control of the town, as you can see by the offer Bernie made them), to take control of the town.

So you must understand my glee when I received a dove saying that someone had a large amount of information dealing with Bernie and a document that proved treason. I'm sure it wasn't the best way to go about it for the assassin, but he showed me one of the documents, and just as I was about to remove the requested fee from my pocket, he began to attack me. If it wasn't for Athian, I again, wouldn't be writing this message. The rest of the revealing documents were found in the assassin's bag and even Mister Bottoms has plead guilty. There is no foul play on my part.

So, aye I have three links to this group. One being the fact that I settled in agreement during my first two weeks of leading to keep them from attacking my people, which was ultimately destroyed upon the death of Ace. Two being that I stopped a puppet regime from taking over the town which ultimately led to your contradictory statement, where you support a man who funded them and tried to use their "services", yet detest me because I supposedly "work with them". And three being the known fact I've been attacked by them twice and almost lost my life.

And as for my stance on this LBA. Seeing as how I have much knowledge of the way this line of work... works, I understand that openly attacking an entity that works in the shadows is more retarded then the son of my half brother and sister. You must make them meaningless, jail them when you can, and destroy their funding. For if a man can't eat, or supply himself with armor, where does he go? He goes out of his hiding spot and attacks the town. We need them in the open, you incessant bastard.

As for the idiotic statements of my thoughts of Varshikar. I would never meet with you alone, for you know as well as I do that you've stalked me since I came about. You are in my eyes, a lunatic vagabond who would never be allowed entry to the Gobaith army. I know better then to disgrace it's name like that.

Again, another attempt by the temple to get these Fire Bearers to detest my government, perhaps even igniting an attack which could be used as propaganda by any regime of yours should it take over.

Nice try, but you must remember, I've saw your kind way too many times before. You don't scare me, and neither does any of the groups that you hide behind.

Yours truly,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Barely beginning her sojourn to the mainland yet features much more relaxed, a woman looks to the sky and holds up her hand for a dove carrying a small parchment tied with a red ribbon. Opening it to read she frowns then speaks softly "this has nothing to do with me" crumbling it carelessly then throwing it in the water yet her hand moves to the hilt of her sword for the first time in days as she begins to pace randomly ignoring the glances of others on the ship who stay more and more distant from her, all giving a sigh of relief as she steps off at the first port of call. Much later yet still the same day a halfling ambles into Trolls Bane on his usual rounds, waving to the guards and handing each a strawberry cake before casually walking to the board and primly posting an unsigned parchment, one feather falling down as if the parchment itself had traveled a long distance.

Magistrate of Trolls Bane,

Locking up Davien for even knowing this woman Juliana is laughable. You are better off letting him go to hunt her down bringing her blonde hair on a platter for you, question him on when he has last seen her. As far as part of organized crime, everyone knows that elf is a loner. Your charges are unfounded just like the charges against the woman Juliana.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

A small Halfling comes scurrying around Bane, where about he talking to a number of people. Words such as jail and 'arse'ole' can be heard quite often. As well as the words 'stab 'em'. But who are you to judge? After a while, the Halfling is found is the Library, a quail in hand and a look of disdain in his eyes.
Dear mister Varrin, it comes to my attention... and that of the general public of our dear shat that is Bane, that you in fact have withheld information from us. I ask, and I'm sure the people who this concerns will mostly likely ask the same. Who are you to judge what is right, and what is wrong for us to hear? Who are you to in prison someone who wishes to have ambitions to lead people. Altrix has clearly shown his worth far many more times than yourself and you're lacky which is Kar.

Simply put though, I demand (and most likely the rest of those who care) his quickest release. Failure to comply will tell us that you fear change, you fear people slipping out of you're hands. Who might be next? What fool might want to be governor, but find his ass slowly rotting in the jails of our beloved town due to you're paranoia?

Though, as it were. I hear the druids have conspired to cure you're madness. Allow a Hobbit to slap you're face twice a day (once at morning, once at night) and repeat the following "For whilst I have the ability to change this town for the better, this ability can slip from my hands if I make a foolish mistake. The people are many with many'a sword. I have two bum cheeks, I'd rather they stayed sword free.". This method has proven to keep many people sane and not mad with power, I hope you give it a go. Also, if you need help with that slap, you may find me resting on a log at my pleasure.

Sincerely,
you're Superior,
Seredoc.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

It seems despite my continued pleas for public discussion on the topic of the way Troll's Bane is being ran, I continue to be given silence. I continue to be given random decrees, random messages of hollowed out meetings, and spoken words against my regime that are fact-less. So I've decided to make this board clear for the pure intent of bashing my administration. I want to hear it all. I want to hear the reports of corruption. I want to read everything that passes through the ears and leaps off the tongues of my people so that I can give you an answer. Has these actions truly become a commodity on this island? Believing every single rumor you hear without any basis?

I am the Governor of Troll's Bane. I am not against you. I am not out to jail every single one of you. I'm out to protect you. I'm out to lay everything else I have in life on the line in order to make sure you go to bed safely at night. Because of this, I've strictly followed everything that I've set in place to the very T. Stop fighting me. Stop wishing that your leader fails, for if a leader of a town fails, the foundation he leads crumbles. There are threats to us, as a people now. Our wells scream with the smelly odor of evil, quite literally and metaphorically.

I will not jail you for working with me, for coming to me and discussing the problems that you believe presist within the Government. I've never said I would jail you for coming to me and discussing these matters privately, and in my almost six months of leadership I've never given a sign that I would. I've heard rumors that people believe if they speak out against the Government publicly they'll instantly be jailed. Firstly, I wish to make two things clear. Telling me I am a horrible Governor and I need to do certain things better is one thing. Talking to your neighbor about murdering me in my sleep, or causing a rebellion because you don't like some of my policies is an entirely different matter in itself. That matter is defined as treason.

Now, I believe the basic fact is I've reached the inevitable. People want some change, and they haven't spoken out against my administration because the only facts they have are very rudimentary and have very little substance. If there are people out there with bushels of facts, with goblets brimming with facts on my corruption, then by all means come forward.

Nothing is stopping those people who fear retribution for speaking out from posting anonymously.

In order to ready myself for such expected ridicule (which I have never received in the five months I have been Governor, unless it was done so or propagated by templers or known criminals) I wish to discuss the main sources of internal and private political strife that rages throughout our borders.

In the Case of Altrix:
C. Treason
An individual, who alone or in a group, commits any or all of the following acts may be found guilty of treason:
Conspiring to incite a rebellion.
Belonging to, associating with, assisting or supporting a group which plans to overthrow the government of Trolls bane
or assassinating a person belonging to or working for the government (or planning to do those individually).
Anyone convicted of spying may also be punished for treason, and vice versa.
My job as Governor is not to play favorites. My job as Governor, and Kar'armak's job as Magistrate is to administer the laws to every woman and child as the laws state. These laws were plucked from previous regimes and had very little changing on my part. I don't care if you are a war hero, if you are saint, or if you are the nicest fellow in the land, I cannot be biased. I cannot allow people to break the laws based on perceived "debt" the Town of Troll's Bane owes them for past deeds.

Altrix has admitted to treason himself, and presided to give us the names of everyone directly involved in the entire operation. We plan to make an example of the leader of this group, so to further strengthen the law that is in place. Again, no matter who you are, you're not above the law. This actually goes a way to prove that I am not corrupt, for I have jailed a man who served closely under me and was a valuable asset to the town. Instead, he abused that power to gain more, using our backs as his stepping blocks and when the world came crashing down around his shoulders, he gave in and told on you all. I can gurantee you I wouldn't do the same, for Troll's Bane is the only thing I have to live for.

In the Case of Velisai:
I have already stated on numerous occasions that I was in the wrong for this jailing, and I still pay the price everyday. There was direct information that I had that seemed to state that Velisai was involved with Jefferson Gray and his attempts to take over the Town. This is the only jailing that was committed without much judicial backing, but if Jefferson hadn't have fled the Island, I could have been apologizing to the citizens for allowing Velisai to stay free.
In the most recent cases of Jairya and Lisany:
D. Arson and Damaging of property
Anyone who through fire or any other means, intentionally or unintentionally, damages the property of the town, an individual or a group commits a crime under the law. To encourage caution with fire, even unintentional cases of property damaging will be punished with fines. The minimum fine is 25 silvers but there is no upper limit.
Jairya was caught with a hatchet and wood on her outside the back of the jail, starting flames to burn it down. That is obviously arson. I don't care which way you wish to politically turn it, I cannot have someone burn down walls as the rest of her companions peacefully protest Altrix's jailing. The same goes with Lisany. I think many people, both those on my side and on the other side, can attest to the fact that a great majority of the people in Troll's Bane last night shouted obscenities aimed at the Troll's Bane government. They were not arrested, for they shouted simple insults aimed at me. I don't cry that easily, my friends. Please don't think you can't bash me without being deadly.

These two were the only ones that actually committed crimes, which led to their jailing.

In the Case of Tirrend Skye:
He has committed murder, no matter which way you wish to look at it. If you intentionally kill mummies in town "to make the guard look weak" and thus dispose the citizens of Troll's Bane of their protection, which led to the death of an elfess, that is murder. I was going to release Tirrend after the public decrees for his release, despite this incident but he assaulted me in the jail cell.
A short note on the rumors about us jailing people for not telling us their names:
C. Claiming false status to Authorities
Claiming to be a Resident/Citizen when you in fact are not is now a crime under the law. When this false claim is done by person who is accused of a crime, he/she can get double the maximum punishment under the law for the crime.

D. Giving False information to Authorities
Lying to the authorities is a crime under the law. When the authorities ask you a question, you should answer truthfully. The punishment varies depending on the magnitude of deception.
I didn't make either of those laws, however they have been in public circulation since my inception as Governor of Troll's Bane. No one has stepped forward, in the avenues I've presented and stated they are unjust. No one stated this when everyone liked me. No one has stated this for the twelve years that they have been in circulation throughout our town ((since around 2006 or 2007, for I plucked them from a previous thread)). They are in place to keep criminals from walking our streets and harming our citizens. Instead of getting frustrated about this and instantly calling for my head, the smart thing would be to send me a dove stating "Greetings Mister Varrin, this law is unjust."

If the entire town said this, I doubt I could do anything but remove the laws. If you can't even tell someone your name, you obviously have something to hide.

As for the trial on Altrix, I can tell you it will be very soon. It will be soon as we find a legal representative and a neutral judge for his case.

Now, please use this spot of the wall as best you can. I will answer all questions you have on anything from every jailing since the start of my regime to basic questions on supposed corruption.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Elijah Varrin,

I would like to request a meeting with you to discuss the current policies of Trolls Bane when you have the time. I would also like to request that a citizen list be presented to the public. If false claims of citizenship is a crime, then a list should be presented to the public. Hellsbriar, for all I know I have illegally been calling myself a citizen since my return. If I have over looked this list, please point myself and other citizens to the proper town board.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

If you have proof of you're claims of treason, enlighten the town with this knowledge, otherwise I more inclined to believe you're talking through the wrong hole.

Sere.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Code: Select all

Because of a few words, you take out everything you have the right to strike defenseless people half to death, and then throw in the Jail.
And then you call justice?

~ Unsigned
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Again, I wish to hear facts. There is a town swarming full to it's very gates with cries and pleas of my corruption, words ripe with the need to overthrow me. Yet, I continue to be baffled on why such strife is being caused, for when I explain my actions I am humbly asked to a meeting, asked to give information I've already given out, and responded to with such a mundane and ignorant message I'm unsure how to even interpret it. As I said, if you are scared that there will be retribution for your public degrading of your humble Governor, then by all means, you are not entitled to sign your name.

I'll keep this short and simple, for it may be my long winded words that catch people off guard. I don't need to prove anything to the citizens of Troll's Bane regarding Altrix, because for one, Altrix has admitted his guilt to me personally. If he was not involved in a rebellion to overthrow the Governor, then there is no way he would be in jail now. He was a man who was vital to Troll's Bane during the Goblin campaign, despite his obvious strategical shortcomings. Never have I seen someone with so much perceived military backing, fail so terribly in the very basic assets of military operation. Too many times were we overrun, flanked, and completely unorganized. By the grace of the Five alone, we survived. He was a loyal man and people seemed to like him. That was the only reason I ever gave him the promotion.

Either way, the fool abused the power I gave to him and blabbered his plans to everyone he met in town. This evidence you speak of rests within everyone who met privately with Altrix days before his imprisonment.

Dantagon. I have tried my hardest since my inception as Governor to compile a citizen list. I have left messages on the walls several times in an attempt to get people to send me their request to be involved in this list. I never received more then a few replies. I understand this, and I understand that this law can place the validity of that law being in existence into question. However, unlike my unworthy adversaries, I can present you with cold hard facts. In my entire time as Governor of Troll's Bane, I've never once arrested anyone with that charge and I hardly intend to, unless the situation is drastic.

Now a worthy person would look at the list of laws and go, "Hey Mister Varrin.. most of these laws only protect citizens! You're such a corrupt and cheeky bastard! You don't intend to give anyone protection because you don't even supply a citizen list!" I can assure you, if that's the line of thinking you were going down, you're wrong. Never in my 6 months as Governor has anyone complained that they have been robbed, or had a crime committed against them and not received some form of justice, unless that person negated those rights with their previous actions or affiliations. Citizens have been generally recognized as those who regularly call Troll's Bane home and whose names do not appear on any citizen list from other towns on our island. The population of Gobaith is low enough for this to be effective, even more so when any decrees for an open census are met with silence.

If you wish the law to be removed, then just say so and I'll ask around.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Elijah wrote:I'll keep this short and simple, for it may be my long winded words that catch people off guard. I don't need to prove anything to the citizens of Troll's Bane regarding Altrix, because for one, Altrix has admitted his guilt to me personally. If he was not involved in a rebellion to overthrow the Governor, then there is no way he would be in jail now. He was a man who was vital to Troll's Bane during the Goblin campaign, despite his obvious strategical shortcomings. Never have I seen someone with so much perceived military backing, fail so terribly in the very basic assets of military operation. Too many times were we overrun, flanked, and completely unorganized. By the grace of the Five alone, we survived. He was a loyal man and people seemed to like him. That was the only reason I ever gave him the promotion.

Either way, the fool abused the power I gave to him and blabbered his plans to everyone he met in town. This evidence you speak of rests within everyone who met privately with Altrix days before his imprisonment.
A small Halfling tears a piece of the original parchment off and pins it up with one of his own pieces.
Once again, you have not provided any evidence what-so-ever in why Altrix is being held. You suggest I, and perhaps the whole town, share a mental connection each privy to the others thoughts and knowledge. Also, the assertion that your word in this case counts is laughable at the highest degree. Can't you tell when your word becomes biased and a third party needs to be involved to prove what you speak as truth? You state that Altrix 'ratted' out. Show me a hand written note with his signature, then and only then will I believe anything considering this whole fish feast to have ink of truth from your side.

Till then, release him.

Sere.
Copper Dragon

meeting

Post by Copper Dragon »

A slim elfess places a carefully written note on the board. The handwritting is flowing but readable. "I hope this gets a reply to my inquires. " she whispers to her self.

Dear govenor

As you have ignored my dove with a request to speak with you conserning several issues including the recent laws I am hoping this will prompt a responce. I am not meaning to be disruptive, I am merely exploring different ways to settle questions I have. Please leave a message here or send a dove with a time and place to meet. Thank you.

Sincerely,

shandra
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Not becoming involved in politics, Cay usually passes the boards not stopping to read on her way to find more herbs. This time a name caught her attention and she stops to read slowly making sure all is understood before mumbling to herself.

Lisany is out of jail, I assume someone paid her fine... I feel awful not seeing this before!

Copying the relevent information painstakingly in child's block letters just to make sure she gets all her words correct, Cay then runs toward her depot all the way to the harbor leaving the message half written before finishing it. Slowly counting her coins three times, Cay adds underneath the copied message.

Quote:

D. Arson and Damaging of property
Anyone who through fire or any other means, intentionally or unintentionally, damages the property of the town, an individual or a group commits a crime under the law. To encourage caution with fire, even unintentional cases of property damaging will be punished with fines. The minimum fine is 25 silvers but there is no upper limit.
I have 27 silver and 52 copper Sir. May I pay Jairya's fine? I would still be happy to treat the other prisoners of any wounds.

Caynwyn Braedes
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings,

While unintentional damaging of property is treated with tolerance and the criminal can be allowed to pay the bail, intentional arson is a direct assault towards the Town of Trolls Bane and it's citizens, and shall be treated with the utmost harshness.

Also, the prisoners' wounds have been taken care of. Their lives are not in danger.

I also wish to remind all citizens and visitors of Bane that carrying a drawn weapon inside the city perimeter is against the law.

Thank you,
- Magistrate Kar'armak
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

A small Halfer walks by, a strong smell of wood chippings and smoke coming from him if you were to get a wiff.
I am quite clearly sickened and shocked by the Government's short sightedness on the danger in which it leaves those in the jail section of town. Only today did I find fires at it's walls, what if this fire spread? What if the people inside who are yet to be judged are locked in when these flames come to cleanse the building?

I feel the actions which this government has taken to secure the safety of these people is disgusting. The Governor claims he wants whats best, yet he and his lackey claim the only keys apparently. If the long-term guards like Zach Dawson cannot own a key, what does this say about the leaders? They don't trust the guards? Or is it simply fear instilled in them that they might turn against them?

All in all, what does the governor plan to do if he isn't there and fire breaks out?

Sere
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

Jaiyra wakes fitfully after her recapture, fighting back panic as she opens her eyes to find a few unfamiliar shafts of light from newly carved windows cutting through the familiar darkness of the prison cell. She tears a scrap from a tattered blanket and uses blood pooling on the floor as her grisly ink to write a note that she tosses to a woman waiting below who promises to post it on the public board.
The prisoners need a druid. Some are injured and none have received medico attention.
She then sits quietly by the window, writing a few more notes with the same materials as she lines up scraps of apples and tries to lure a dove.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Mister Sere,

We thank you for your concerns, we could only wish that all citizens are as caring as you. I assure you that any caught arsonist shall be treated with zero tolerance and in the following days you shall see exactly how serious this government is concerning this matter. The trial of Jaiyra el'Brahminn shall follow, and no clemency will be shown if found guilty.

About the guards and keys, it is not a matter of trust, but a matter of security. Until the threat of war against this government has passed, only two keys shall be kept. But we thank you for your concern and your great military insight on the matter, nonetheless.

- Magistrate Kar'armak
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

Waking up yet again inside the cell, Jaiyra stretches then smiles as she looks to the new windows and sees a dove waiting. She takes the note sent to read the latest news written about her case and eyes widen as she thinks to herself, "The magistrate knows my full name? It can only be from someone at the Magic Academy." She then sends the dove back to its sender with a short thank you note.