Public Board of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

Public Board of Troll's Bane

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens of Bane,

It seems in recent days my eyes have been opened even more on the subject of the public voice of the citizens. In past regimes the voice was always something that Governors of the past failed to listen to and in the end, it usually spelled their biggest downfall. Because of this, I've decided to clear even more space on our wall for the voice of the people.

Here they may comment on political happenings, they may shoot arrows randomly at our roofs (which I'm only adding for those out there that lack the necessary intelligence to pin a parchment), report crimes, and even comment negatively on my performance as Governor. Though you might say I'll have you hung for treason or defamation, I can only say the complete opposite.

Unless it's openly insulting and meant to undermine me, I'll have no problem with someone stating I'm doing a poor job. If anything, I wish to hear constructive criticism.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

((This was made for people to comment on certain things that lead to off topic subjects. Such as posting random "rp" posts in the Guard Forum, Notifications, Town of TB... etc. Remember that this board is rped to be close to the town Shop. So any posts claiming a "message is pinned in the soil near Riverside" has nothing to do with this. ))
orgis

Post by orgis »

Instead of being torn off, this piece of parchment has been flipped over, and has been wrote on the back. One would need to take a closer look to see the words. It has, although the title on the top "A word in progress"

A closer look
Last edited by orgis on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Arresting Brer for heresy is a laughable offense, at best. Forewarning, though it stipulates his release in five dwarven days, most civilized cultures burn people for such a treasonous offense. Now my warning, if it should come to burning it has little affect on the astral demi-god that is the pigman. I should know I have tried several times to burn him myself.

~unsigned~
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

It seems a wonder that the Governor himself mustered the energy to pin this note to the board, given how eagerly he has delegated other duties.

Skaalib
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

It looks like the first half of this note has been scratched off.

As for the Governor. He still reigns supreme power over the leadership in Troll's Bane. The Magistrate and I simply act as advisers as well as help share the burden of leading Troll's Bane. If a law is passed, it is done so by the will of the Governor. There has not been one law that has been passed without his consent during his reign. The Magistrate simply acted upon the Governor's will.

The Governor has also built quite a strong judicial system. There has been hardly any reports (2) of bandit attacks, and only two arrests under our administration. You can't deny it's been a peaceful place for our citizens.

~Captain Rymn
Last edited by Sirith-Rym on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Instead of being torn off, this piece of parchment has been flipped over, and has been wrote on the back. One would need to take a closer look to see the words. It has, although the title on the top "A word in progress"

A closer look
Last edited by orgis on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

This note has been torn down.
Last edited by Sirith-Rym on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
orgis

Post by orgis »

A closer look
Last edited by orgis on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Last edited by Sirith-Rym on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
orgis

Post by orgis »

A closer look
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Or perhaps you should just know that the smart fear Trolls Bane.

TaK
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

What has the definition of godhood to do with Brer?

Have that discussion at the tavern and concentrate on the laws, which led to the situation of an insane pigman in prison.

Ask yourselves if it is right to forbid words being spoken and why that would be necessary.
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Last edited by Sirith-Rym on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
orgis

Post by orgis »

A closer look
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Sirith looks over all of the postings and takes down those he made relating to heresy. Then puts his another up in their places.

Heresy is no longer a crime. Feel free to believe what you want and say what you want. I ask that those that have put their postings about Heresy on this wall to please remove them for they are now irrelevant. Brer will be set free as soon as he wakes from his nap.

Thank you.

~Captain Rymn
orgis

Post by orgis »

There you go big yin.

~Ser~
orgis

Post by orgis »

Town Guard of TB wrote:

A Recruit is someone who does not have a key to the jailhouse, but also does not have the authority to officially arrest someone. They can attempt to stop someone from breaking the law or hold them until a guard comes along to the official arresting, but they cannot throw someone in jail. Mainly because they do not own a key. A Recruit tries to uphold the law and reinforce the law, but has near to no authority because they are, after all, only recruits. They are expected to report any law-breaking that goes on to the Captain.

Sincerely,
Captain Rymn
Now, am I right in assuming that these people hold NO power or ability's to uphold the law? If you continue to build layer upon layer on the guard, how the feck is anything going to get done? That being said:
Town Guard of TB wrote:The point of being a recruit is to train under the watch of the Guard so that they have a chance to be promoted and officially take on the responsibilities and privileges of being in the Guard. They are also supplied with weapons, armor, and if they prove to be good recruits, even money. They cannot take it upon themselves to deal out punishments. They must wait for a guard to do so.

Sincerely,
Captain Rymn

Now, let em get this straight.... these people are getting paid... for being watched? Or rather, their getting paid for telling story's to the guard captain, if he finds them entertaining he'll throw them a penny.... Real nice.

Anyways , I hope you're giving these armors and payments out of you're own money. I pay taxes to keep my home safe (even though the guards don't even seem to bother outside the walls) not so that the guard's can slack in their duty's.

You're giving people responsibility without the means to accomplish them. Making them a bigger target for law breakers. Once again, real nice.

You're greatest fan boy,
~Sere~
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Greetings Seredoc,
Now, am I right in assuming that these people hold NO power or ability's to uphold the law? If you continue to build layer upon layer on the guard, how the feck is anything going to get done?
A Recruit is someone who has not completed their basic Guard training yet. Would you feel safe if one who has not proved themselves as a guard had power in the town? I think you are misunderstanding what the definition of a Recruit is. They are training to be given the power to uphold the law. The point of building layer upon layer of Recruits is to hopefully have more Guards in the future. Although we would like to think that all the Recruits will eventually become Guards and stay active, we have to plan ahead because this will probably not happen. We have a nice group of young recruits that prove to most likely have a bright future in the Guard, but we cannot be sure that the future we want is the future we will get. Therefore we are recruiting more in hopes that the cream of the crop will step forward, prove themselves, train hard, and eventually become full-fledged guards.
Now, let em get this straight.... these people are getting paid... for being watched? Or rather, their getting paid for telling story's to the guard captain, if he finds them entertaining he'll throw them a penny.... Real nice.

Anyways , I hope you're giving these armors and payments out of you're own money. I pay taxes to keep my home safe (even though the guards don't even seem to bother outside the walls) not so that the guard's can slack in their duty's.
The only recruits that are being paid are those that actually patrol and do their job. They are allowed to subdue a law-breaker but they cannot arrest them and put them in jail unless a Guard is around because, frankly, how could they jail them without a key? Banishment, as it should be, is reserved as a punishment only the higher ranks of the Guard can use. The payment is only given out, to anyone mind you, that actually does their job, shows up to the meetings, and works hard. Any of your tax payments do not go in vain.

As for the armor, I personally buy training armor for the recruits out of my own coffers, however they do not get good armor such as light elven, magic elven or shadowplate until they can sufficiently kill demon skeletons and are promoted officially to the rank of Guard. The weapons we hand out are those found from the undead, the gnolls, goblins, etc. that we hunt.

In the end, most of the money spent on the Guard is coming from me, not from your taxes. The only money that goes to the Guard from your taxes is the paycheck that is only given out to those that prove they are working hard to protect Troll's Bane and staying active in the Guard.

You're giving people responsibility with(out) the means to accomplish them. Making them a bigger target for law breakers. Once again, real nice.
Their responsibility is to train hard and learn to be a Guard, they are not responsible for arresting a law-breaker because they are not qualified for that job yet. I do not see how training and learning makes them a target for law breakers unless the law breakers are out to attack the Guard. And if they do attack the Recruits the Recruits can still defend themselves. Think of it this way, they are normal citizens being trained to be Guards. They report any law-breaking and hopefully do not turn to violent means to try and stop it. Anyone reported will be found and questioned and, depending on the crime, arrested. Any citizen can do this, the difference is that hopefully a Recruit is more inclined to do so because it will help prove their loyalty to the Guard and get them just that much closer to officially being a guard.

If that is all, Seredoc, thank you for your questions. However, I do believe I asked for anyone with questions to send a dove. Anymore questions posted on any walls relating to this subject will be ignored and/or taken off. I do not want to litter the walls where announcements are meant to be put. Please instead send them with a dove.

Thank you.

Signed,
Captain Rymn
orgis

Post by orgis »

Thanks for the speed of the reply Sirth. Now, back to where I was.
Sirith-Rym wrote: A Recruit is someone who has not completed their basic Guard training yet.

Sirith-Rym wrote:
The only recruits that are being paid are those that actually patrol and do their job. They are allowed to subdue a law-breaker but they cannot arrest them and put them in jail unless a Guard is around because, frankly, how could they jail them without a key?

Now, would you expect Trainee smith to make light elven? No? Then why expect recruits to do guard duty's? They Shouldn't be patrolling if they haven't finished training. What do you expect them to do if they overcome someone who decides to start trouble? Say: "I'm tellling!!!". Seriously their useless if they don't have a key to lock away the pests.

Sirith-Rym wrote: As for the armor, I personally buy training armor for the recruits out of my own coffers, however they do not get good armor such as light elven, magic elven or shadowplate until they can sufficiently kill demon skeletons and are promoted officially to the rank of Guard. The weapons we hand out are those found from the undead, the gnolls, goblins, etc. that we hunt.

Now, I gather two pieces of information from that part. One: You expect the recruits to gather up their own armor. Unless they want the stuff that'll kill them by rust. Two: The weapons which the guard hand out, are in fact. Useless. Unless you're handing out magical long swords Sirith, I cannot see these poor lads and lassies doing any good against the likes of Bindus' boys with second hand junk.
Sirith-Rym wrote: In the end, most of the money spent on the Guard is coming from me, not from your taxes. The only money that goes to the Guard from your taxes is the paycheck that is only given out to those that prove they are working hard to protect Troll's Bane and staying active in the Guard.

Now, if you had said "All the money spent on them is coming from." I'd leave it, but as it were. How can those who haven't proven themselves by finishing the guard training... Be counted as one whose proven themselves? Or do you mean that the recruits simply don't get paid outt'a the main stream payment?
Sirith-Rym wrote: Think of it this way, they are normal citizens being trained to be Guards. They report any law-breaking and hopefully do not turn to violent means to try and stop it. Anyone reported will be found and questioned and, depending on the crime, arrested. Any citizen can do this, the difference is that hopefully a Recruit is more inclined to do so because it will help prove their loyalty to the Guard and get them just that much closer to officially being a guard.

"They'll help gossip to me more than anyone, because they want pie and if I think their worth it... I'll give 'em a piece o' the pie... and they really like pie!" That's all I got from that point.
Sirith-Rym wrote: If that is all, Seredoc, thank you for your questions. However, I do believe I asked for anyone with questions to send a dove. Anymore questions posted on any walls relating to this subject will be ignored and/or taken off. I do not want to litter the walls where announcements are meant to be put. Please instead send them with a dove.

I felt it better to ask out in the open, thus you don't get the same questions over, and over. Though at the same time I wonder, why would you rather answer simply questions privately. The guard's working affect the town, thus they should be spoken about on the town board for all to see. Don't like? you're gonna hate me by the end of you're job.

The pain in you're scale,
~Sere~
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Greetings,

I believe I covered the majority of this already.

I will say it once more.

The Recruits are not Guards. They are not expected to go up against Bindus's crew, they are not expected to do any patrolling, because they are not Guards! They are being trained to become guards. I feel like you have been getting quite repetitive in this.
Now, would you expect Trainee smith to make light elven? No? Then why expect recruits to do guard duty's? They Shouldn't be patrolling if they haven't finished training. What do you expect them to do if they overcome someone who decides to start trouble? Say: "I'm tellling!!!". Seriously their useless if they don't have a key to lock away the pests.
I agree completely with the majority of this. But I think you lost sight of what I said. We are training them to become guards. They aren't expected to do a guard's duty.
Now, I gather two pieces of information from that part. One: You expect the recruits to gather up their own armor. Unless they want the stuff that'll kill them by rust. Two: The weapons which the guard hand out, are in fact. Useless. Unless you're handing out magical long swords Sirith, I cannot see these poor lads and lassies doing any good against the likes of Bindus' boys with second hand junk.
Exactly, I would very much like if they gathered their own armor. I will provide with them what I have to get them started but as they progress they should be able to eventually get their own equipment. And the poor lads and lassies are not going to be up against Bindus' boys because they aren't guards yet. It is training equipment I give them, not equipment to take down a criminal.
Now, if you had said "All the money spent on them is coming from." I'd leave it, but as it were. How can those who haven't proven themselves by finishing the guard training... Be counted as one whose proven themselves? Or do you mean that the recruits simply don't get paid outt'a the main stream payment?
Some of the current guards are inactive or I do not hear from them through doves or at all. Because of this they will not be getting paid. Recruits that I pay are those that have been training hard and need the money for food so that they can continue their training. Even then it is a very small payment.
"They'll help gossip to me more than anyone, because they want pie and if I think their worth it... I'll give 'em a piece o' the pie... and they really like pie!" That's all I got from that point.
I rarely get anyone sending me doves with information on people breaking the law. In fact, I have only received doves from recruits and one from a worried citizen. If citizens themselves would report these things, maybe I would act differently about this. But as it is, they are expected to report any law-breaking. Mainly because if they do not and I find out about it, it hurts them because it shows that they do not necessarily care that this crime has occurred.
I felt it better to ask out in the open, thus you don't get the same questions over, and over. Though at the same time I wonder, why would you rather answer simply questions privately. The guard's working affect the town, thus they should be spoken about on the town board for all to see. Don't like? you're gonna hate me by the end of you're job.
I only said this because I'd rather not clutter the walls. However I do see your point.

Sincerely,
Captain Rymn
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Nice chatter. I didnt know the tavern board had moved.

~K~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I tend to steer clear of dealings such as the ones that were being discussed above. However, I only want to mention one short message to the argument. The duties of a recruit have always, it seems, been as lowly and dim as they are today. No one has ever challenged their prospects before. Five silvers is paid out (a very low sum in my eyes), not for the recruits to be watched necessarily, but to induce them to accept this lowly status until they are shaped into a guard and then ripe the benefits.

The benefits of a town guard is a whole other subject that I will remedy in the future, I can assure you.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Due to the lack of forthcoming public opinion and doves involving suggestions for the town, I've decided to make a list of questions that can be answered privately or publicly here. I believe the lack of wanting to suggest things for your government is due to a few reasons. One being the simple fact that you might not care. And two being the thought that Governor should know his own personal agenda, and not rely on the thoughts of others to advance the town.

My agenda is broad and spreads long, however.. I must rely on the citizen's support and close input before I make drastic decisions, such as those made by the leaders in the past. So, below are the questions I'd like all citizens of Bane to answer truthfully. I've added my answer in red ink to each of the questions, so you can see an example of what I'd like to hear and see what I think on these matters as well.

Remember, my answers to these questions are strictly opinionated and do not fully represent my 'agenda'.

• - What do you think of the Archduchy of the past?
Personally I believe the Archduchy had some minor, yet glaring flaws. One being the fact that it seemed to require a great deal of activity to work. And two being the fact that it took away the freedoms of regular citizens and left a small group of people being able to obtain leadership rights. A majority of the citizens of this island, myself included, came to Troll's Bane to seek a new start. In politics, or something else. Does this system best represent this? Not in my eyes, no.

But at the same time I do believe the system worked. And anytime you have something of the past that worked, you must take some of the ideals from it.

• - What do you think of the Democratic systems of the past?

As with the Archduchy, I think there are possible benefits and a sum of negatives that come with such a system. The main benefit would include the level of citizen involvement with such a system. The major negative I see is how easy the system can exploited. Governors can be voted in based on popularity instead of political merit and ability, and then once they are voted in, they can easily change the structure to their liking.

Also, a free election sits up the possibility for organizations, such as the Temple and this new LBA to take control. Then we have a leader who works for his own reasons and not those of the citizens. Anyone reading my first two answers will think that I've contradicted myself. However, I think I've merely stated that negatives rest in both lines of Government. There has to be a way to reach a common ground, or build a new one.

I've been open about trying to rebuild the town. Which is quite a necessary expenditure, considering the constant turmoil that has faced in the past few years. When I leave office, I need to make sure that my work won't be undone, and leaving it to a democratic system with such possible flaws wouldn't solve this problem. It would simply be a question of when it would happen, instead of IF.

• - Would you prefer to return to a level of Democracy?

Unless a resolve can be found that destroys the negatives that I have proposed (which is very possible), I don't think I've taken much of a liking to the idea.

• - If you believe in some form of Democracy or term led Government, how long do you think a leader should be in control?

Personally I believe leaders' terms should be based completely on ability, talent, and activity instead of a set limit on their governing time. It seems in the past that too many ideas were proposed and shaped the Government in a short period of time. I have proof of this due to the high level of land disputes due to poor management in the past and the new leaderships that came and went so quickly, land owners were left in confusion once the dust settled.
  • - What do you think of my current administration?
All I can tell you is that I'm not satisfied. if I was, I wouldn't be pinning this. Either way, I would respect if you were brutally honest here. Of course, if it is simply used as an attempt to insult me, at least give facts and reasons behind the insults. This includes just about everything. The Town Guard, any of my past announcements, and the way I'm handling my job.

• - What do you want to see in the future?

I want to see a structured, well formed Government that was built for the citizens and the prosperity of the Town of Troll's Bane. Power struggles make good stories, but are never good for the citizen base that has to take a brunt of the damage.
Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Felbion Lijawyn

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

Honorable governor,

I realize I am not a citizen of Troll's Bane yet since I am still undecided about joining your town. This is not because I hold grudge againced the government or disagree with the current leadership, it is simply because I would like to get to know some of the other towns and guilds first.

Therefor I hope that you do not feel that I am out of line when I answer your question that was originally asked to your citizens only. I simply feel like sharing my opinion. If that is unconvenient I shall apologize in advance.
  • - What do you think of the Archduchy of the past?
Since I haven't been living on this island for too long and therefor wasn't able to experience the time of the Archduchy I do not feel that I could offer any useful opinion about that matter.

• - What do you think of the Democratic systems of the past?

Again, I cannot say anything about the former systems. I would like to add however, that personally, I feel that a democratic system is much more promising in the long term. It gives people the chance to get involved in the politics personally which should naturally lead to a more active and interrested comunity. Nevertheless people make mistakes of course and can be mislead by false promises of possible candidates for positions of higher power within the comunity. The same goes for, as you mentioned above, unfitting groups such as daemon cults taking over - it can happen. I feel though, that with a few regulations this could be prevented. Form a book of rules that any government, present or future has to agree on and set it as an unchangable regulation towards leaders. Enpower it by contracts with the bigger towns and guilds on Gobaith, that will restrict any government from breaking or changing the rules of the government upon cause of war between respective government and all groups that are contract partners.

It might seem irrational to relay on other organisations than Troll's Bane itself to actually control the leadership of Troll's Bane, but it should be noted that Troll's Bane is, after all the main town of Gobaith and also its biggest. A false government could easily put the whole island into grave danger once it has settled. Therefor, the other big towns and guilds should have some rights to regulate Troll's Bane.

• - Would you prefer to return to a level of Democracy?

See above.
  • - What do you think of my current administration?
From what I have seen so far, you are doing a fairly well job. You are quite active and seem to be keeping a steady economic flow for your town. However, I feel that there should be more events to relax the citizens of Troll's Bane and gather them together. Maybe a market day or a public banquet with free food, drinks and entertainment for the citizens. I also think that it would be a good idea to select someone who is native to the old language to attend to the needs and troubles of those who are unable to talk to you directly due to language problems ((or timezone-issues)).

• - What do you want to see in the future?

A steady leadership and a prospering economy for Troll's Bane and a town that cares for the needs of all its citizens.

~Felbion Lijawyn
Dean of Old Common
Free Scribes Of Gobaith
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Dear Governor Varrin,

I have posted my thoughts on your questions here below.

- What do you think of the Archduchy of the past?

Having been around during that time, and having been appointed Archbishop under Archduke Cromwell I feel some loyalty towards what was a brilliant idea. My good governor, the only flaw with it was that it required too many people to keep the status quo. Therefore, if one were to have an Archduchy it should be that the boroughs do not go leaderless but rather that their leadership reverts to a steward, of if that is lacking, the leader of the City himself. I do believe the system to be the best combination of the three ruling principles of democracy (for it involves an elected leader), aristocracy (these forming the small electoral base) and monarchy (in that it has an autocratic leader.) It was a most satisfying government, and I should be glad if its return was hurried.

- What do you think of the Democratic systems of the past?

I disliked them intensely, Mr. Varrin; democracy is nought but mob-rule by a group of people quite unfit to have any say on matters. Rule by the competent and by those who are used to authority. Give votes only to those whom you find competent on such matters, and active in town life, as the Archduke did when he formed his aristocracy.

- Would you prefer to return to a level of Democracy?

No my good sir, I should not, beyond that set out above. The gods are not democratic, why therefore should we be.

- What do you think of my current administration?

I feel your governance so far has been highly comendable - firstly in your restoration of my good name and position to this fair isle, and secondly in these marvellous new laws you have enshrined for the defence of the gods. Both of these measures serve religion and the gods admirably, and are worthy of great praise.

- What do you want to see in the future?

A restoration of the Archduchy, insofar as that is feasible, and the continuation of the religious growth of this city.

In Eldan's name,
Expleti, A. Carthusiana
Archbishop of Troll's Bane
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

To the Honorable Governer Elijah Varrin,

I could simply restate to you in private my opinions of your reign, but in light of my position in the guard, I wish to make my views public.

- What do you think of the Archduchy of the past?

I found it quite similar to the feudal system in place in Albar, of which I greatly approve. A ruling class of competent leaders allows for a more organized and decisive form of government. Such allows for town improvement, consistent diplomatic agreements, and military cohesiveness.

- What do you think of the Democratic systems of the past?

I agree most heartily with the archbishop. Democracy allows simply for a mob rule, led by base peasantry with little to no learning outside the world of their craft. Politics and government are not for the belligerent, ignorant, or weak. Not all of the lower classes are such, but with a majority being exactly so, the system lends itself to chaos and bickering.

- Would you prefer to return to a level of Democracy?

No, in fact, I would enjoy a systematic and organized feudal system in order to efficiently work the land, build a dependable military force, and effectively bring the town to fruit.

- If you believe in some form of Democracy or term led Government, how long do you think a leader should be in control?

An effective leader should remain in position for life. If a man does well, why should he be removed? Such is irrational to an extreme point of stupidity. If a leader is incompetent, the leading members of the society can join together to remove and replace him.

- What do you think of my current administration?

I believe it is much better than this town has seen in some time. All things can be improved upon, but for your resources and choice of government, it is no better nor worse than can be expected.

- What do you want to see in the future?

I wish to see a strong and fortified town which is self sufficient but a leader in local trade, continuously bringing in a profit to support a stronger military force.

In Sincerity,
Anon D'Athen
orgis

Post by orgis »

Dear Govy,

Now, I know I'm not all knowing like the great flying Horse... But, would Section six be broken if someone is insulting another person due to their mate? ((e.g gf))

If this be the case, I'd like to bring charges against whoever this lad is. If he is a guard, I'd also advise for him to be removed, on the grounds that he wished me to 'ho' out my lassie, so that 'he wouldn't kill me'. Really now, I thought the guards weren't supposed too be asses hiding behind a badge.

This person continually insulted me due to being, as it were. A Hobbit, then my mate got the abuse for... What was his words.. Ah "womans don't shag a little ball." Well, it was more sexist, rather than racist. But you get the drift.

Sere goes on to describe the lad, an apparent tall elf... and ((174XXXXXXX))... (( if I could find his Im 'bout himself I'd put that up but no joy I'm afraid : ( ))

~~Sere~~

(( Was going to edit but found it already done. Cheers, didn't know : ) ))
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I'd like to say two things here in public. One being the fact that in five to ten dwarven days, after speaking to the citizens of Bane and of the island, I'll make my decisions on governmental reform. However, my time is sometimes limited and in the case that I don't get to speak to some of you first hand, please do me a favor by at least answering the questions I posted earlier dealing with the government and the forms that are possible.

The other topic is dealing with this new guild that is being shaped and guided by my hand. I can assure you that the veil shall be lifted soon, and you'll see that this move won't take from my duties as Governor. However, I'd also like to know what you think of it. I have also sit up a raffle.

In exchange for 10 silvers (limit 3 entries per person) your name will automatically be entered into a drawing for a grand prize of 1 gold coin and other prizes. The money will be returned should this number fall below fifteen contestants and the drawing canceled. The proceeds will go towards the funding of this army, and some will be placed back for the upcoming building projects, should there be enough interest.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Skraedos

Post by Skraedos »

To Elijah,

You may hear of this soon, but the following story is true, I witnessed this with my own eyes.

I was in town, speaking with a man named Jefferson, and a woman named Leva. Leva left as one of the town guards, Stefan, arrived. Jefferson and Stefan engaged in a friendly talk, then decided to fight in a duel outside the city gates, solely for friendly sport. Stefan won the first duel, and after a little while, they dueled once more, this time Jefferson won. However, then the following occurred;

Jefferson: "Consider yer self, ey?
Stefan: "Hmm?"
Jefferson proceeded to attack Stefan. Stefan soon fell to the ground, defeated due too his wounds from the previous duel.
Jefferson: "Tell Elijah.." Jefferson delivered the coup de grace, stabbing Stefan in the throat
Jefferson: "...your government shall burn.."

At this point, I collected Stefan's things and gave chase to Jefferson, unfortunately I could not follow him. I searched the city to return Stefan's lost goods, but could not find anyone to give them too. I do not know what this means, but he wanted you to know, so now you know.

Side notes:
-He claims to have defeated the Orc Warlord, and claims to be the second most powerful person in Gobaith. As of yet, I have no reason to doubt he is, he seems very powerful indeed.
-I told him about a mysterious man whom had brutally beaten a young elfess. He seemed to think he was LBA, and had a clear distaste for the group. After some deliberation, we concluded that the LBA must have a hold to the south, in or beyond the forest.
-Though I could not give chase, he seemed to head south in the direction of the supposed LBA camp. Possibly to seek refuge from retaliation
-The dueling/murder site was just outside of the east gate
-He tried to tell me that if I trained, I could join his army. I have no idea as to the size of his forces, if any.
Last edited by Skraedos on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

You see, after many years abroad and a few months on this island, I know how people like that operate. Attention seekers and the like. It's extremely hard for people to be able to harness the ability to draw attention to themselves via the route of simply being their self. So they must hide behind their ability to wield a blade and words that have very little backing.

The way I see it, I have two options should these accusations be true and just. I can simply ignore it, for I know that no one, no matter their might can fully extinguish the flame of an ideal, as long as their is a wind to breath life back into a dying ember. Or I can give the aforementioned attention seeker what he wants, and actively pursue and ultimately capture him.

As much as I'll look into the situation with my utmost sincerity, I tend to allow things such as this to blow over. He becomes a nuisance, as I'm sure my words above will cause, then I'll act in the best interest of the People of Troll's Bane and see to it that this "threat" is terminated.

However, Jefferson Gray is now wanted by the city of Troll's Bane for questioning dealing with accusations of treason, attempted murder, and assault.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane