My 'Struggle' ((Open RP))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

My 'Struggle' ((Open RP))

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~A lonely halfling scribbles some parchments by the light of a flickering candle in the Prison, and then hides them from the guards later~

Day One...

I thought there was justice in this town. Ha! To be accused of defaming a murderer was laughable, but then to add insult to injury, Orteg wanted 'his' money back for a voided contract? It was never his money, it was Skull's. And that added more days to my sentence!

I am so angry right now, I could spit! I never thought I would be the 'victim' here. I thought our contracts were good and my accusations fair. Who was the victim of attempted murder? Me! Who's in jail, me!

This really opens my eyes to the injustices of this government. How could I have been so blind? I mean, I actually supported his Governor at one time. Now...I don't know. He 'shaved' ten days off my sentence here, but who needs his pity! I am wrongfully accused!

Well...I will try to keep my sanity here on these pages. I'll look back on this someday and laugh., yes, that's it.

I feel sorry for Jym, who has always been like a friend to me. The "Chamber" will fail without me, they'll see to that. Maybe that was the plan after all. Get me out of the way, and destroy the 'largest' Guild in Gobaith. Well, it won't work. Jym should be able to hold things together, and I'll rebuild. You can't keep a good halfer down.

I can't believe this is happening...
Seori

Post by Seori »

Someone in a nun's habit enters quietly holding a lamp to light the way and stops to peer into a cell holding a halfling alone.

"Are you okay?", she whispered.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Seredoc walks down the road, just coming into town from Northbridge. Having heard a bit here and there, he had learned one way or another that some poor sod ended up in jail. It's only as he walks down path that he see's a certain Elfess heading into the building. For a moment he just thinks to himself, next he takes his hat down and holds it over his chest.

"Poor bugger, he's gonna wish tha' they'd gied 'm tha' hanging once she's through wi' 'm..."

Letting out another, long sigh. Ser pulls a candle out, lighting it next to the jail then he might be heard muttering:

"May Nargun tak' ya into his embrace... Because her dribble will send ye running tae it..."

Finally he walks off, whistling a tune.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

A woman wearing a cape with hood raised yet an occasional strand of pale blonde hair floats in the breeze, walks into town looking for the throwing stones promised. Not seeing the halfling, Juliana decides to wait near Eliza's casually reading the town boards until a frown slowly forms on her face right before turning with quickened pace toward the jail. With back to the wall, she casually raises one foot behind to prop it against the cold stone while "accidentally" snuffing out the candle with a swipe of her cloak. Juliana takes out a newly baked strawberry cake from her bag..the delicious smell permeating the area while she begins to slowly eat small bites keeping her dark green eyes on the appetising treat and managing not to grin at the sound of the rumbling of each guard's stomach as they try not to stare at the cake too long. Finally breaking off a large piece for each handing it to them with a nod as she adds a tankard of beer, her grin grows as they walk toward the nearest tree to enjoy their meal. Waving their thanks they begin to eat and talk among themselves as Juliana unnoticed, leans closer to the door attempting to hear any sound from within.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

There is a corner of the cell in which there is a 'privy' for prisonors. It consists of a single hole in the wall, too small for a halfling, but enough for excrement and urine.

There is a corner of the cell in which the halfling is squatting over this hole with his pants down around his ankles. The halfling looks up at the nun's approach.

"am I okay?" the Halfling says to the nun.

"How did you get in here? How embarrassing!"

He screams, "Guards!" and continues with his 'business' like a professional.
Juliana D'cheyne

Hearing a faint shout through the door, though unclear what is said, Juliana glances again at the oblivious guards happily drinking their ale as crumbs of the eaten cake lay around them in the grass. Grimacing at a fairly loud burp of one before he takes another large sip, she reaches one hand toward the foot propped against the wall and pulls out her dagger hidden in the boot carefully keeping that hand behind her as she slowly moves one step to the side. Attempting to be as quiet as possible with her back to the door, she begins to jiggle the lock with the point of the dagger knowing there is not much time.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Elijah stared off towards the wall of the jail in the darkness that surrounded him, his hand propped up under his chin. For many nights he had sit in the very same position, his eyes heavy and yet sleep would not find him. An empty flask of spirits sit upon the table just before him and with the slight dizziness that accompanied it's effects, he had achieved the same numbing feel that took away the tinge of pain that always hurt him during these hours.

The position of Governor had added some nervousness to the pain, but not because he felt he could not do his job. But only because of the very climate that he had taken the position in. The past two governors had been killed, and with bandits running about freely, his life was at risk every moment he was alone.

His sleepy eyes took to where the slumped form of the man he had just appointed Magistrate had rested for the majority of that night, who after long hours of writing, had found the nestling joy of slumber. However, his restlessness had caused him to stir and his figure was quickly up the stairs. Fresh air wasn't a bad thing. He was a good man, and his added iron fist of justice would only better complement his own tender ways. Though they both knew how much he'd take heat from his first decision, it was a righteous one.

Through his many long hours during the night, he had grown accustomed to the sounds of the night. The deer prancing behind the jail just might travel through the back window, should the night be silent enough. The restless shifting of the guards who stood before the front door. The pacing of the sometimes full cells above his head. He knew when a guard was coming up from the barracks to grab a bite to eat.

The silence usually ate away the hours and time just became a wall between Elijah and the freedom that was daylight. Tonight however, a sound was heard that he had not been graced with yet. The shuffling of feet, the delighted chuckle of the guards outside and their muffled voices as it got farther away. Instantly his brows crinkled with distaste as his tired bones lifted themselves from the seat.

He slowly and quietly made his way towards the door, slouching forward as he placed his ear to it. He could hear shuffling on the other side, could almost feel the breathing presence of another human being. Who was this? Surely it must be a guard, considering the the two in the area would never let anyone else this close. Suddenly he could hear the forced entry of the lock and the jingled tumbler chase that followed. He knew these sounds quite well, for he had spent a majority of his younger years listening to that sweet music.

His mind was racing with thoughts. But he knew one thing for sure, this could easily be an attempt on his life. Hopefully the Magistrate upstairs would see this figure. Elijah stepped back, placing the toes of his boot at the door gently as he undid his blade. He would wait for this unseen figure to show itself, or the guards to do their job.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

The Inquisitor has never known rest. All of his life he was on the run, from one mission to the other. He has seen many horrors that would make one go insane.. he has kept his sanity though, no one knew how.
He has been on Gobaith for quite some years now, mostly isolated somewhere in the mountains, away from all, away from people and their sins that screamed to the heavens. If it were after him, he would torch the whole island to dust.

He gazes into the night, restless, his elbows leaning heavily on the balcony of the prison house. He sighs as the guards obviously become sloppy with the passing late hours of the night. They make him sick.. back in the day when he served in the army, a soldier without discipline would of been a dead soldier.. most of the times by his officer's hands.

He sighs again, and slowly begins to part from the balcony, when a strange sound of footsteps from around the corner catches his ear
. It couldn't be the guards, he thinks to himself. I have just seen them in front of the door.
He looks down, peering into the night, taking advantage of the high position he is in to spot any movement. As he sees the woman sneaking around towards the door, he shouts

You there! What are you doing? Guards!
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana hears the final clicks of the locks blinking in surprise at the sound not really thinking she could open the door at all being more a fighter then any expert at locks. Keeping her eyes on the almost snoozing guards still under the tree, her hand turns the knob slowly as she backs up into the door only to be stopped by something solid but this time warm at her back when she is half-way inside. Turning her head to look up at the man she grins before whispering.

We meet in the strangest of places.

..... before hearing the shout for "Guards" and quickly placing dagger in boot as she turns to face the man fully pushing the hood back on her cloak.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Instantly Elijah's hands remove themselves from the sword hilt as the door pushes open, watching the woman in delayed silence. Suddenly a shout is heard above him, with the familiar voice of the Magistrate. Elijah's eyes go wide as he quickly closes the gap between them, his hands moving to her wrists, trying to restrain them and the daggers she wields. He moves his lips to speak as his eyes turn towards the guards who are now slowly regaining their balance and finishing their cakes.

That we do.

He rips his eyes back to the woman, leaning close as he almost attempts to brush his lips against her own, before he turns his mouth to her ear. He speaks softly and calmly as he slowly tries to force her hands down by her waist, pushing off at her when his last sentence trails off.

Just go.
Juliana D'cheyne

Unconcerned whether he pulled his sword or not yet gazing briefly behind Elijah at the Magistrate coming down the steps, Juliana licks her lips at the near brush of his, her dark green eyes lighten with her almost typical response of anger yet quickly changes in rapid succesion to consternation, puzzlement, then definite interest. Allowing him to move her hands easily, she leans her body closer to him and whispers before leaving.

I will leave but I only wanted to talk to Bernie, maybe meet again when not so crowded?

... her warm breath possibly smelling of strawberry shortcake brushes near his lips before she turns having tucked her daggers back in the boots while casually walking down the road at a normal pace as if just out for an evening stroll.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Day two...

A lot of excitement here. A Nun came by while I was doing business, and then later shouts of Guards obviously to curb some threat. Much later, I heard one of the Guards whisper something about an attempted murder on the Governor.

Tired from worry and exhaustion, I laid to bed. Just then I heard whispering through the wall. A strange accent, maybe fom Gynk? He said his name was Henry and that he knew my father. Well, we semed to talk for Hours after that. He once owned a ship, and is now a 'Land-lubber' whatever that is.

I laughed and cried as he told his tale and stories of my father. Finally, he disappeared into the night. I hope he returns.

A little sleepy now, so I'll write more later.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Day three....

The Magistrate visited me today and told me of an attempted attack upon the Governor. I was shocked even more as he said there was to be a trial for me for it! For treason! I never thought he would stoop so low as to accuse me for people not liking his rule. I'm not the only one who hates this governor, but I wouldn't try to kill him!

((Trial will be this weekend, Sunday - Time to be announced))

I have no idea what kind of evidence they have trumped up against me now.

Well, I made arrangements for Jym to be my Lawyer and maybe I'll have Talathiel and Tak'Zel speak about my character. If I cannot be acquitted, the penalty will be death.

Well since I am accused by the Governor himself, I suppose I should start writing my will now...

~With a heavy heart the halfling starts to write his will and testament~
Seori

Post by Seori »

The figure in a nun's habit gently placed a bundle of newly made clothing and cake by the cell's bars where the lone halfling could reach them. She seemed unperturbed despite the commotion.

"These are for you," said the lithe figure.

The next day upon learning of the accusations Bernie faces of attempted murder she determined to be witness to his innocence.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

moved to notifications of trollsbane
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Day Four...

Well I've written my will. I only hope they'll allow me to present it at my trial.

~Last will and testament of Bernie Bottoms~
I bequeath all my shares to Jym Goldman, who's always been like a brother to me.
I bequeath all my Material possessions to Jym Goldman. He has a wide load on those little shoulders now.
I bequeath the Midlands to the "Chamber of Commerce" as a whole.
I bequeath 2.5 gold of my savings to Tak'Zel, whom I have trusted with my life.
I bequeath 1 Gold of my savings to Talathiel, whom I always liked and cared for.
I bequeath 1 Gold of my savings to Charity. I always had it in my heart to give more than you recieve.
And finally, I bequeath 50 Silvers of my savings to Orteg, to pay him his 'part' of our contract.

I beg mercy and fogiveness from the court and especially the Governor in this trial coming up. Maybe they won't be so hard on the "Chamber" if I'm out of the way.

Now, if I can win this trial, then it will be a blow for freedom, and justice will be served. If not, then...I'm screwed. I can't think of that now. Gotta keep positive...
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Day Five...ish..

I don't know the day anymore. Maybe I'll start marking them down on the wall here.

I found out from my friend that Skull'Fed is alive! This means that the charge against me of 'stealing' Orteg's money (350 Silvers) is false since it was never his anyway! Orteg lied! Skull'Fed is alive and doing well.

I still stand by the fact that Orteg broke his 'condition' to serve as a Deputy and therefore voided his contract. The Magistrate sees it differently though and hasn't mentioned reducing my sentence or leeting me go.

I have served my four days for exposing that lying backstabber Sirith-Rymn as the "Bounty Hunter" he is, and yet I am still here! I shouldn't have to serve the remainder of this sentence!

Now with this "Treason" trial I am to be held against my will until the trial! Is this justice? I haven't even been allowed to see my Lawyer yet to prepare a defence! I'm so angry right now I could spit! But I'm scared too. Scared of losing my life...scared of the 'evil' men of this world winning...scared of what the future holds.

How could this happen? The world is lost...lost....

~ Halfling can be seen falling asleep over his little pile of papers~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Day six....

I've decided to refuse my dinners as protest for being locked in here past my sentence 'awaiting' trial. I think a hunger strike is the only way to get their attention. I'm a little hungry now.

What else can I do?

This small cell is driving me crazy. There are exactly 3,345 bricks in the walls, 834 Bricks in the floor and no windows. I sometimes catch myself sniffing at the cell door, trying in vain to catch the wisps of fresh air.

How could this happen?

I had so many ideas for the "Chamber". We were giving jobs and supporting people of Gobaith with their needs. There is no other Guild like it, yet there is still so much to do. And now I fear it's dying, dead before it's time, like me.

So many people out there depended on me. And now, what are they doing? Who will provide for them? It's just a crying shame. Why do good people have bad things happen to them? I don't know...
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Day Seven...

I'm going to die. This is really happening. I'm so hungry, that dinner plate looks good...no....gotta resist.

Count Bricks, thats it...hehe...1..2..3..4..Mmmm....cherry cakes would be so good....no....5..6..7..8...., hmm...maybe some apple pies.....9...10...11...12...13...14...

The trial is in what? three days? I don't know...this is torture....Why am I here and the criminals are free? It's so unfair, it's so dark in here. The candle was used up yesterday.

Nice candle. He was my friend, now he's gone....counting bricks....15..16...17....
Seori

Post by Seori »

Moving candlelight casts a dim silhouette and the gentle sound of a nun's habit rustling fills the prison cell.

I know you are depressed and don't feel like eating. Still, we have to keep eating to keep up our strength while we wait for the storm clouds to pass. Come, do try this cake, Sodo made it especially for you.