The Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leomar

Post by Leomar »

Greetings,

today a Lizzardman tried to steal from and kill Adran Gesse. The thieve was regualr size and spoke the new language. He tried to buy some poisend Daggers from Adran but he denied to sell them to him. He couldn't accept the no and decided to force him to give the weapons him so he tried to tie him up but failed. As result of this he attacked him near the craftsmen. Alrik Grimler tried to help Adran against the thief but the attacker was faster. As the recruts Gereon and Leomar joined the attacker already struck Adran down and stole his money, 35 copper coins, ran away and disappeared.

~Recrut Leomar
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Greetings,

If you will join the Army of Gobaith, please send the Governor or myself a dove stating so.

~Captain Rymn
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

There is another parchment on the roof of the jailhouse appearing with an arrow through it, someone eventually may find it, or the rain may destroy before ever being read.

An elfess calling herself "Eagle" with this body type, wearing an ornated metal bird mask (( 14XXXXXXXX )) was taking turns fighting the golem and we were both attacked by two bandits. One looking like (( 11XXXXXXXX )), unable to describe his face as he was wearing a cloak hiding it, but the body type appeared human. The other was more clearly seen, an orc appearing like (( 16142XXXXX )). The elfess was roped and dragged away severely hurt, the rope holding me broke and even though also severely hurt , I managed to escape. I am sending this parchment to warn any further victims running up against these bandits...do with it what you will.

The parchment only has a letter, no name.

J

(( I am judging due to body type at least two numbers would be seen and removed the other three because the face was hidden, if there is any objection to this send a PM to this account and I will adjust it ))
Atulos

Post by Atulos »

Today, after a tip given by one of Bane's citizen's, an attempt to arrest the known bandit and member of the LBA, the elfess nicknamed Eagle, a woman that was together with her at the spot has made an attempt to aid the bandit to escape. Not only did she interveane in the capture of a known criminal, but she has also attacked me and my companion, running away short after.

The woman looks like ((10376*****)) and is known as Juliana.

~General Orteg
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

((Just a little OOC rule that maybe some don't know: It is not allowed to post the whole number of someone on the boards, only a part of it.
Because Juliana's post inspired me, I have made this easy to follow rule for when posting someone's "description" on these boards:
  • - If the person has emoted being masked, do not post more than 2 numbers.
    - If not, you are allowed to post 4 numbers
    - Add one number for each witness that is there at the 'event'
    - Only consider witnesses that are willing to talk
    - Never post all numbers.

Posts that don't follow these rules, will be edited/removed.
Thanks and have fun.))
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings,

It has come to my attention that several members of the Town Guard hold positions far above their level of expertise. I hope I do not need to remind you that having written "guard" on your chest will not be enough to stop a blade, nor prevent any dangers to our fair citizens, for that matter.

I hereby declare that all members that have not yet proven their abilities to myself or the Captain, shall be tested. From the moment of their testing, if no progress is shown in the period of 2 dwarven weeks, the said members shall be demoted.

I shall not tolerate incompetence and weakness into an institution that has it's sole purpose to protect those that need protection. Do not expect to hold a rank higher than Recruit if you embarass yourself with a blade.

Signed
- High Inquisitor Kar'armak
- Magistrate of Trolls Bane
- General of the Gobaithan Army
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

*a guard wanders up and posts a note*

Greetings to all guards. Unfortunately i was injured by a golem in a bit if an odd accident. as for my recovery i shall be fine it is nothing life threating broken rib possibly a minor fracture in my upper arm. i shall be recuperating in my cave until i am fit for duty. if any one needs me i can easily be reached via messenger leaving a note on the inner cave wall. Any visits are welcomed however some form of advanced notice is required as i will not answer to just sporadic visitors.

Darius Kain

PS. pie are most welcome if you wish to send some form of "get well" food. i can still tailor though i will not be able to make the same quality garments as you may have come to expect.
Keltin Doran

Post by Keltin Doran »

- A short note written on fine parchment hangs outside the east gate -

~ Let it be known on this day that I was almost the victim of a robbery and possible murder upon trying to enter your town. It was from that of an elven woman & halfling calling themselves by the names of Shandra & Tolkem. After continued aggression on their part *smiles a little to himself covering his mouth with his hand* I was forced to knock one the attackers unconscious in order to defend myself, I really didn't mean to hit her that hard. *cheeks twitch a little* Now hear this, I think it rather an imposition to myself having to ask you to do your jobs let alone doing them for you, but perhaps in the future you can keep better control of your vermin, or as you call them, citizens...

x KD
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

~The note has been ripped off~
Last edited by Zehshirr on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

A note in a flowing handwriting is posted under the previous note.

To answer for the honor of myself and that of Tolman I leave my side of the story for you to judge. Tolman and myself were talking near the magic posts when a man approached and demanded that I cook some meat for him. I tried to explain that I was not a cook but the man would have none of it. Tolman tried to distract him by leaving but I was unaware of the reason. The man again ordered me or Tolman to cook for him. When I tried again to explain the man became enraged and attacked myself. Tolman came to my aid and the man abated. Tolman gave chase to insure that he left but I thought he could be reasoned with when things calmed down so I ask Tolman to stop the chase. When I caught up to them I offered to help him find a cook. The man Became enraged again and resumed the attack. I was forced to run but he followed me despite Tolman's best efforts to stop him. I was injured, robbed, and left for dead. Tolman followed him and recovered my things due to the weight of the items. Tolman returned to town and found me outside the tailor shop. Beaten but alive. I am very thankful for the bravery of the hafling for all he has done.

Shandra the tailor.
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Please send your complaints to me. Do not post them here. They will be ignored.

Thank you.

~Captain Rymn
Keltin Doran

Post by Keltin Doran »

Sirith-Rym wrote:Please send your complaints to me. Do not post them here. They will be ignored.

Thank you.

~Captain Rymn

~ Walks by casually pretending to pick his nose just before he runs his finger across the note mumbling something about a filthy lizard...
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings,

Davien, the elf also known as Eleazar has been arrested on the charges of Claiming false status to Authorities, Giving false information to Authorities and on suspicion of Obstruction of Justice, aid of the known criminal Juliana, and being part of organised crime.

According to law, all those suspected of being part of organised crime are to "be put to the question". This shall take place in the following days in Trolls Bane dungeon.

Our excuses to mister Davien for the delay in posting this messsage.

Signed,
- High Inquisitor Kar'armak, Magistrate of Trolls Bane
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

A dove arrives at the Prison of the Town Guard

To the Town Guard of Troll´s Bane

Today the city was on fire. As I tried to stop it, I saw two persons with a shade in Town near the fire, clearly having fun to see the Town burning. The persons were Siltaris and a friend of him called Edric.

When I was trying to stop the fire, Edric tried to push me into the fire. Lucky me, it hasn´t worked. It would have been my sure death.

Later my girlfriend Liasany arrived to help me saving the town of complete destruction. Siltaris and Edric affrontet and threatened her. They tried to blame her that she would have burnt the town. She arrived in Town after the fire has started.

After the fire was cleared, Liasany and me left the town. Siltaris said he would like to kill her if he see her again. He traced us with drawn weapons and attacked Liasany as we were at the teleporter. Liasany was wounded with a poisened dagger.

Leomar requested me to send you this. If there are more question, just ask for me

168.... Edric
173... Siltaris
Mirabell

crime or eat it before birds do

Post by Mirabell »

A paper has been pushed through the guard door:

Greetings,
I have a question. Will I be hunted out of the townborders if I steal apples from the trees near the guards?
Or will I be jailed? I guess I m able to run faster than the old man Leomar :-P

Elynah
zda

Post by zda »

* a man walks bye the door and notices the letter and pulls it from the door and reads it he leaves a note on the out side of the door for the person that left the other note can see it when they walk by*

picking apples from trees in bane is not illegal as far as i know. so you can pick the apples from the trees. but you can not cut the trees in side trolls bane

~Guard Zach Dawson~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Davien has been released after questioning by the Troll's Bane government.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

The elfess Seori is here by banned from Trolls Bane indefinitely and is to be arrested on sight. She is charged with trespassing, provocation, provocation of a guard, refusal to obey the orders of a guard, resisting arrest.
Seori is also suspected of the crimes of Fraud, Heresy and Heresiarch.

- Magistrate Kar'armak
zda

Post by zda »

*a note is place on the iner door of the jail*

a dwarf has been arrested for disturbance. he was disturbing people by the fire pit there were several witnesses.
this dwarf is in the meeting room of the jail since i have no cell key.

~guard Zach Dawson~
*on the bottom of the parchment a copy of a law is writen*
Town Guard of TB wrote:
I. Petty Crimes

A. Disturbance
Anyone who disturbs the calmness and peace in Troll’s Bane by any excessively repeated verbal or physical actions and continues to do so even after official warning, commits a crime in terms of the Law. Guards should note that Citizens should not be implicated for this, barring an extremely strong disturbance to others.
[/quote]
Town Guard of TB

Sirith Rymn:
After careful consideration of the state of the Guard. The ranking officials of the Guard came to the conclusion that it was time to add a new rank.

Captain Anon D'Athen has been promoted to Field Marshal and Lieutenant Sirith Rymn has been promoted to Captain.

The significance of the switch is that the Field Marshal is now considered the leader of the Guards. The job of the Captain is to be acting leader during the Field Marshal's absence. If the Captain makes changes that the Field Marshal does not agree with the Field Marshal can remove the changes. Any order the Captain gives can be overridden by the Field Marshal. We decided to put this into play because Anon has not been around as often as he would like to and the Guard needs some form of leadership so as to let it thrive and grow.
As I am able to return to my duties, I take up the mantle of Captain of the Guard.
And with this return, I grant Sirith the position of Lieutenant once more, the rank of Field Marshal being cleared from the list.
For any complaints

Anon D'Athen
Captain of the Guard
zda

Post by zda »

* a note can be seen on the door*

i have not been paid in two or three months i would like to have my pay with in the next dwarven week. or i will resign from the guard.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

I too have not received my pay, I will not resign though.

Also, i wish to petition for a guard meeting, although i am sure he s quite competant, i do not like the idea of working under someone who i know nothing of.

~Zehshirr
Town Guard of TB

*The post looks much the same as before but with the date crossed out and replaced.

I must concur on the suggestion of a guard meeting.
I will attempt to meet with the governor and speak to him of guard payment. I ask your forgiveness, for such is a difficult process.
I suggest a meeting at ((01:00 GMT, Tuesday (Being 7 pm for my Central -6GMT))) with all business beginning one half hour later. The half hour shall be for socializing, personal questions, and friendly meeting so as to promote camaraderie amongst our numbers.

Please, inform your fellow guard members so that we can write an updated list of our membership. Those not present will have two Dwarvin Days to set up a personal meeting with me or be struck from the list.

In service,

Anon D'Athen,
Captain of the Town Guard
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

A reminder of the meeting. Please, as many who can, attend. All others write a letter so we can set up another, more time appropriate meeting.

Anon D'Athen
Captain of the Town Guard
Anon of D'Athen

*a note is quickly scrawled across the last page*
As I readied myself for the meeting, I came to realize I did not say where to meet. I apologize.
Let us gather at the library's second floor, for a more orderly gathering.

Anon D'Athen,
Captain of the Guard
Town Guard of TB

As of this moment onward, only the Captain of the Town Guard has the ability to update the guard list, including but not limited to, the enrollment of recruits, the striking of names, and the changing of rank (the last with exception to the Governor of Trollsbane).

Anon D'Athen
Captain of the Trollsbane Town Guard
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Broktan has joined the guard as a recruit.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Broktan

Post by Broktan »

Thank you Governor, I hope to guard the town well and protect the weak.

Broktan
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Up to this point I've received one dove requesting to be paid, which was promptly taken care of with a included bonus. Yet I continue to hear murmurings of my inability to pay the guard. If I do not receive a dove requesting pay, I'm not going to walk around town all day tracking you down with bags of coins and my pockets filled to the brim.

Please contact me for pay.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Anon of D'Athen

Upon request of the governor, I am extending the deadline by three Dwarvin days.

If I am not contacted withing three Dwarvin Days to prove active, all members of the guard will be removed from position.

Those exempt by responding to my request:
Darius Kain
Stephan Elvaris
Zeshirr
Zach Dawson

Captain Anon D'Athen

Post Scribitum:
It is down to two Dwarvin Days and then our membership list shall be updated.
As to those three who met with me at the last Guard Meeting, you shall each be admitted as Recruits at the end of this period. I apologize for the delay and thank you for your willingness to aid our settlement.
Last edited by Anon of D'Athen on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.