The Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Greetings,

I am currently looking for any guards that would be able to attend the trial of Bernie Bottoms Littlehorn. If you can, please send a dove to Captain Rymn, or send a dove to the Guard House.

The trial for Bernie Bottoms Littlehorn shall commence on ((Sunday 9:00 AM CST / 3:00 PM GMT / 4:00 PM Server Time)).

Thank you for your time.

~Captain Rymn
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

The first meeting of the dwarven day shall commence in a little over one dwarven hour from now in the Fluffy Sheep Tavern.

~Captain Rymn
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

The meeting begins now.
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

The second meeting will begin shortly.
Town Guard of TB

The following was decided upon during the meetings this past dwarven day:

- Between Darius, Sirith, and the Magistrate we will devise three different tests for guards that wish to become a Lieutenant. After all of the guards who have applied to do so have gone through each test, we will hold a vote amongst the members. Who ever gets the most votes will be promoter to Lieutenant. Only those that are currently Guards can apply for the Lieutenant rank and they must send a dove to Captain Rymn.

- To further train the recruits, after the new Lieutenant is chosen, the Captain and both Lieutenants as well as possibly a few trust guards will be assigned to a number of the recruits and will teach their recruits proper guard etiquette as well as help train them in the art of war. After the teacher deems the recruit fit enough they will be given a test by either the Captain or the Magistrate and if they pass they will be promoted to Guard at the next meeting they attend.
You must be a member of the Guard for a full dwarven week before being eligible to take the test.

- Lucy Bann has been promoted to Guard.

- We are still in need of Guards to attend the trial of Bernie Bottoms. Please send a dove to Captain Rymn if you can attend.

- Bunnies are dangerous. Be cautious. They are known to attack unsuspecting men within the Fluffy Sheep Tavern.

The next couple of meetings will be held some time in the next dwarven week. Please continue looking for updates on the Guard Postings. Thank you.
Town Guard of TB

The pigman Brer has been arrested and jailed for heresy on the 1st of Eldas.

He will be released in 5 dwarven days on the 16th of Eldas.

((I do not know if the time convereter got it right or not. But he will be released on Sunday at the time of this post.))
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

There is a stray arrow on the roof of the jailhouse, the angle makes it appear as if shot from a high position possibly even a tree or gatehouse then flew across the stones only to stop at the wall. There is a parchment through the stem of the arrow almost near the feathers though the writing can plainly be seen, all but the last word.

Brer is protected by his Sea .........
zda

Post by zda »

* an man pins a note the board*
i would like to take the tests for the position of Lieutenant

Singed
~Zach Dawson~
Town Guard of TB

Please welcome Emma to the Guard. She is our newest recruit.

I would also like let you all know that Tirrend will also take place in the Lieutenant testing.

~Captain Rymn
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

Tirrend Skye has been fined a total of 60 silvers, been removed from the Troll's Bane Guard, and been banished from the Town of Troll's Bane for the murder of an elfess (who's name I have still not been given) and for the serious injury to the druid, Iris, through the use of summoned madness zombies.

If Tirrend proves over time that he will never do this again, I will considered removing his banishment. If he commits one more crime in his lifetime he shall be banished forever from the town or publicly executed.

Tirrend was a great guard and shall be missed.

Signed,
Captain Rymn
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

Please welcome Skaalib and Frank Lee to the Guard! They are currently recruits who will not receive a paycheck until they prove themselves.

Captain Rymn
Keltin Doran

Post by Keltin Doran »

- A parchment personalized & made of the finest fiber hangs firmly on the wall in the town -

~ Greetings leaders of Trolls Bane & citizens of such. I Keltin Doran would like to offer to your guard the privilege of my service. Also, I hope in doing so that you will not be overwhelmed by my gesture, as I assume my outward commitment to serve this town would or perhaps should flatter most. It is in all honesty only that alternative accomodations around the island are less desirable for myself that I have come to such decision. So, in humbling myself I ask for your acceptance into the Trolls Bane Guard...

Impatiently awaiting your response,
x KD
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

I will be holding three Guard Meetings over the next dwarven week.
((Sunday (Tomorrow) 6:00 PM CST/ Monday 12:00 AM GMT/ Monday 1:00 AM Server Time,
Friday 11:00 AM CST/ 5:00 PM GMT/ 6:00 PM Server Time,
and Saturday 12:00 PM CST/ 6:00 PM GMT/ 7:00 PM Server Time))

I hope that all members show up to at least one of these meetings. If you cannot show up to any of them send a dove to me. If you do not send a dove to me you will not receive your pay and you will be put on a list. If you are put on this list and do not show up to any of the next string of meetings or you do not send a dove letting us know you cannot attend you will be removed from the Guard.

Sincerely,
Captain Rymn
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings,

Tirrend Skye has been arrested for the breech of his banishment from Trolls Bane lands, resisting arrest and attacking a guard. He has been sentenced to 4 dwarven months of prison. The release date is ((14 december 2010)).

The human male known as Dranis is searched for Disturbance, Resisting Arrest , Disobedience, Attempted Murder and Assault on a Troll's Bane guard. He is declared to be an Outlaw and is to be arrested on sight. Any information leading to this criminal's arrest shall be rewarded.
A crude drawing is attached below this parchment:
Dranis - ((44120****))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bernie Bottoms shall be trialed tomorrow ((1600 server time)) at the jail house. Due to the fact that the courtroom above the Seahorse Inn has been destroyed by a storm, and the jailhouse having limited space, the trial is no longer public.

Signed,
- Magistrate Kar'armak
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I wish to state that the trial will be held in the full view of an audience, near the balcony of the jail. This area has been chosen for the safety of the people of Troll's Bane and due to conflicting rumors of people who wish to "interrupt" the service.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

*the note has been ripped off the board*
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

I would like to announce what the difference is between being a Guard and being a Recruit.

A Guard is one who has proved to be honorable, trustworthy, and skilled enough to be given the responsibilities and privileges that a guard has. A guard can arrest anyone they deem as breaking the law. Only the Captain or the Magistrate can officially ban someone from Troll's Bane. They also have the privilege of holding a key to the Jailhouse.

A Recruit is someone who does not have a key to the jailhouse, but also does not have the authority to officially arrest someone. They can attempt to stop someone from breaking the law or hold them until a guard comes along to the official arresting, but they cannot throw someone in jail. Mainly because they do not own a key. A Recruit tries to uphold the law and reinforce the law, but has near to no authority because they are, after all, only recruits. They are expected to report any law-breaking that goes on to the Captain.

The point of being a recruit is to train under the watch of the Guard so that they have a chance to be promoted and officially take on the responsibilities and privileges of being in the Guard. They are also supplied with weapons, armor, and if they prove to be good recruits, even money. They cannot take it upon themselves to deal out punishments. They must wait for a guard to do so.

I bring this up because their seem to be a few recruits walking around doing the job of a Guard thinking that is what their position is. I believe it is my fault for not making their role clear. I hope all makes sense now. If not, please send me a dove stating so.

Sincerely,
Captain Rymn
Town Guard of TB

Skaalib has resigned from the Guard to focus his attention more on the Chamber of Commerce.
Town Guard of TB

An orc (whose name I have not been given yet) has been sentenced with 4 dwarven weeks in jail and a fine of 60 silvers for Resisting Arrest, Attempted Murder, and Provocation.

His jail time may be changed.

~Captain Rymn
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

*a cute little red head wabbles over to the board and places a note on it, careful to not knock the others off with her huge stomach*
Dear fellow Guard members,
I will be going to the main land for the rest of my pregnancy. I will be back as soon as I and the baby are healthy enough to come back.

~Yours Truely~
Fleta Ross

((DUDE!!! so pissed.....my new college has Illa blocked..... so will not be on till jan of 2011. Im trnasferring out of this school after this semester. I will get on when im home for holidays so i will be on randomly through thanksgiving and christmas. I love you guys))
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

there has been a murder. This Eve a lady came to me to ask for help. we went to the cross where Samson Jones had manage to crawl with three arrows in his back there was an elfess who was also assisting him. as we worked to get the arrows out safely he drew his last breath. we were unable to find out who shot him or why.. investigation is still ongoing as i do not speak the old tung. if any one has any information please let me know so that i can properly prepare defense against possible assassination attempts.

Darius Kain
zda

Post by zda »

tonight i was int he theater and some one tried to robe me they were the same ones that were on vanima i think if it was not for the captian i probaly would be dead i would wach out and keep an eye out for the bandits on this night

Zach dawson
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Between Darius, Sirith, and the Magistrate we will devise three different tests for guards that wish to become a Lieutenant. After all of the guards who have applied to do so have gone through each test, we will hold a vote amongst the members. Who ever gets the most votes will be promoter to Lieutenant. Only those that are currently Guards can apply for the Lieutenant rank and they must send a dove to Captain Rymn.
*A note written in a flowing hand is placed as close to as possible on the crowded board where the parchment states the above.*

I am interested in taking these tests to fill the position of Lieutenant and will do my best to hone the skills of the new recruits.

Yours truly.
~Stefan Elvaris~
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

*A rat with a note tied around it jumps up onto the boards, and some ranger squeals like a orcish maiden and shoots it with his bow. The note reads:*

I"M HUNGRY!

That sexy guy in the jail for 4 months
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

There will be a meeting held in less then one dwarven day.

The time it will be held is as follows.

((Saturday 4 PM CST/ 10 PM GMT / 11 PM Server time.))

The past three meetings were canceled and I had forgotten to post so. But I think it became obvious to most, especially since I did not receive any feedback on them and whether people would be attending. If I do not receive doves stating you cannot attend this meeting, you will still be put on the list stated above. The meeting will be held in the Guard House. All are expected to show up or at least contact me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Captain Rymn
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

The meeting will commence in one dwarven hour. At the Fluffy Sheep Tavern.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings,

The human male that calls himself "Altair", looking like ((15847****)) is declared an outlaw for Disobedience, Resisting Arrest, Attack on the magistrate and escaping before being jailed. He is also wanted for suspicion to belong to the LBA. He is to be jailed on sight.

The jailed orc has been questioned. After reaching the conclusion that it was a mere misunderstanding, his punishment has been commuted to the payment of a fine of 50 silver coins which he shall pay to either myself, the governor or the guard captain.

Signed,
- High Inquisitor Kar'armak, Magistrate of Trolls Bane.
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

The elf Demandred has joined us as a recruit. May he train hard.

In other news, the following members must show up to the next meeting or at least send a dove stating they cannot make it.

Aldaren Anfar
Kenfric Shalpart
Frank Lee

If they do not show up or send word, they will be removed from the Guard.

Thank you.

~Captain Rymn
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

Please welcome Leomar, he is fluent in the Old and New Language and is our newest recruit. May he train hard.

Melusia has been arrested and jailed for a dwarven week and been fined 50 silvers for kidnapping children.

~Captain Rymn

Something is scribbled underneath the note.

The elfess bandit who has been terrorizing many lately with her partner has been caught and put in jail. We have yet to interrogate her since she lost consciousness once put in her cell. Her punishment will be decided once she has awoken and is in better health.

~Captain Rymn
Town Guard of TB

Greetings,

Please welcome Gereon back to the Guard. He has rejoined as a recruit. May he train hard.

~Captain Rymn