The Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nikolaus

Re: The Town Guard of Troll's Bane

Post by Nikolaus »

Well, I just looked on the normal board of Trolls Bane, nevertheless
you insult me again Sere.
But anyways, I will make sure you see these papers

~Nalcaryos von Weißhafen~
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

After you attacked me for nothingness but shear stupidity you fool. What do you expect? I should take a beating simply because you feel you are in the right? If you want to sort this out Nalcaryos, doves can find me and then you'll be expected to make amends for said injustice assault. Till then, leave the boards of Bane until your ban has been lifted, Nargun only knows how you placed this parchment without coming into the land, thus violating the ban showing you have little or no respect for our laws.

~Sere~
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

It not expensive to pay a boy to pin this papers on the boards.

Po Will

Post by Po Will »

So you openly admit that you are refusing to adhere to the ban which means you have no place to write upon the walls of Troll Bane, a smart person would consider that to be unwise. Though, I did say smart person..

~Sere~
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

No one told me that I am not allowed to pay a boy to pin papers on these boards and bring me the newest copies.
Simple stop your character assassination.
And...in fact, I didnt enter Bane since my ban. I adhere to it

DemaraSilberherz

Post by DemaraSilberherz »

Image ANNOUNCEMENTImage

The Elf known as Nalcaryos of Weisshafen,
is a honorable citizen of our Kingdom Silverbrand furthermore he is allowed to stay, live and use magic in the tavern that is property of our King Tialdin of Silverbrand, a property of our Kingdom.
Nalcaryos is furthermore allowed to remove anyone from the tavern and in cases if someone insults the honor of the king, silverbrand or his honor, he is even allowed to ban someone from the tavern but not longer than two dwarfen weeks.
The "Air" belongs to everyone, if it wouldn`t be the case it would be my duty to put the half citizens of Trolls Bane into jail because making trouble and breathing our holy air in our kingdom. And the holy air can be found in the tavern as well.

Vicequeen

~Demara Silverheart~
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Though Felbion has admitted to the summoning of the wasp, and Nalcaryos has been validated in his claims of innocence. His actions towards Seredoc later in the day evidence an even more disturbing side to the elf. Therefore the ban will remain in place as Nalcaryos is obviously more than prepared to inflict suffering on the citizens of Bane. Though the event itself may have occured in the Tavern, I am still well within my right to act pre-emptively towards those that have shown themselves to be a threat to the town and its people. I will not stand by and wait for Nalcaryos to murder one of those I have sworn to protect before banning him. To follow such a path is little more than folley and Nalcaryos has already evidenced a certain fondness for violence against Bane. Whether Nalcaryos himself considers the ban justified or not, it will remain in effect. I hope he has the sense to abide by the ruling and the wisdom to change his ways.

In response to Queen Silverheart I will say only this; while we respect that the Tavern is currently property of Silverbrand, we will not stand for it to be used as a base of operations for violence towards Bane and its people. I would kindly ask that you do not turn the tantrums of a single elven mage into a larger diplomatic crisis.

~Second Lieutenant Ivinius~
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Again, the people of Bane can see how fair and just Verdazar is. He bans me, without asking for the truth.
And even after he has to concede that I am innocent he looks for another reason to ban me.

It was my right to throw Sere out of the tavern. I asked him 3 times to leave, I even showed him the entries of the boards of SIlverbrand that clearly show me as a inhabitant.
Because of Seredocs arrogance and bulishness I had to use something to get him out of the tavern.

The fact that I used a simple rope and not powerful spell clearly shows that I do not want to hurt any citizen.
The burning of his face, a small wound,is the result of offending me inside the tavern, which I would like to heal completly to set a good example.

Verdazars obstinacy shows that he acts like he wants to, but not by order of law. He would act the same way I did, to get me out of the city of Trolls Bane but if I want someone to leave it is a crime worth a 2 week ban.
Verdazar doesn't want to protect anyone from me, he wants me out of town, thats all.
He even threatens SIlverbrand because I make use of my rights.
Does that sound like a smart town captain? It doenst. I sounds like an arrogant person that uses his diplomatic powers how he likes but not for the sake of the citizen of Trolls Bane. He hides behind spurious arguments.

P.S.: I guess now he will lift the ban and ban me again for speaking against him.
DemaraSilberherz

Post by DemaraSilberherz »

Lieutenant Ivinius,

you know that the tavern was never used as a base of operations for violence towards bane and its people. And Im not going to tell you what your job is, the only thing Im telling is that nalcaryos, as a honorable citizen, has the rights to remove poeple from the tavern if he thinks that it is necessary.
Its not something I have just made up to help, its a right he got years before because beeing so true to our kingdom. And, if you are trying to be neutral and honest, you should know that the times this has happend can be counted on one hand, its not like Nalcaryos is removing every day citziens out of the tavern or giving them grief the whole time.

~ Vicequeen Demara Silverheart~
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

We respect the fact you've granted Nalcaryos permission to remove individuals from the tavern but he is in no way allowed to use force. Every attempt at such will result in punishment. Furthermore, no one is allowed in the tavern if they are banned from the Troll's Bane.

Dain Laiden
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Town Guard of TB wrote:1. All individuals are permitted within the territories of Troll's Bane.

- Any individual may have their right to travel or reside within the territories of Troll's Bane permanently withdrawn by the Town Magistrate or official declaration from the ruler of Troll's Bane.
- Any individual may have their right to travel or reside within the territories of Troll's Bane temporarily withdrawn by a member of the Town Guard.
- No known criminal shall be harboured within the territories of Troll's Bane.

2. All individuals within the territories of Troll's Bane must respect and obey the government of Troll's Bane and its rule.

- No individuals or organizations may plot, conspire, or take action against the government of Troll's Bane, its rule, or the town.

3. All individuals are permitted to utilize any and all resources and tools within Troll's Bane.

- Tools within Troll's Bane include, but are not limited to: workbenches, ovens, anvils, furnaces, and grinders.
- Resources within Troll's Bane include, but are not limited to: water, trees, fields, fruit, and animals.
- All trees within the walls of the Troll's Bane township are excluded from this rule. It is forbidden for anyone other than a town official to cut them down.
- Any individual may have their right to utilize the tools and resources within Troll's Bane temporarily withdrawn by a member of the Town Guard in a case of repeated misuse.
- The owner of any privately owned resource or tool within the territories of Troll's Bane may use their property in any reasonable manner, which may include the exclusion of others.
- The act of littering will be punished with a fine proportional to the crime.

4. An individual within the territories of Troll's Bane must not interfere with the search for justice.

- Victims, suspects, and witnesses of crime are required to cooperate with any resulting official investigation.
- Resisting arrest, escaping lawful detention, and obstructing the search for justice are all punishable offenses.

5. The integrity of the person, character, and freedom of an individual within the territories of Troll's Bane are rights which may not be interfered with.

- Unnecessary violence of any form against another's person is forbidden within the territories of Troll's Bane.
- Combats of any form, including non-lethal duels, are forbidden within the walls of the Troll's Bane township. The only people exempt from this rule are the Town Guard and anyone with specific permission from the government of Troll's Bane.
- Any individual in possession of a weapon within the territories of Troll's Bane must keep the weapon sheathed and in plain sight.
- Any individual may have their right to possess a weapon within the territories of Troll's Bane withdrawn by a member of the Town Guard.
- No individual may threaten another, whether expressly or otherwise.
- No individual may cause harm to another's reputation by publicly spreading false statements.
- No individual may hold another against their will and without lawful reason to do so.
- Offensive magic may not be cast within town

6. All individuals within the territories of Troll's Bane are to be treated with respect and civility.

- No individual may be discriminated against on the basis of race.
- No individual may be discriminated against on the basis of gender.
- No individual may be subject to unreasonable insult.

7. An individual's property belongs to the individual alone. Property rights are granted to all individuals within the territories of Troll's Bane.

- No individual may knowingly deprive an owner, against their will, of a possession.
- No individual may enter or remain within a building, when it is against the owner's will for them to do so, and the owner's will is known to the individual.
- No individual may cause harm to another's property.

While within the territories of Troll's Bane, all individuals, regardless of other cultural affiliations, are required to adhere to the Troll's Bane Code of Honour. All residents of Troll's Bane are required to adhere to the Troll's Bane Code of Honour at all times, regardless of location.

The Town Guard of Troll's Bane are not above the Code. However, the Guard are granted immunity from punishment for any breach of the Code, provided they are acting reasonably and honourably within the search for justice. Whether a guard has acted reasonably and honourably shall be determined by a body independent of the Guard.

For offenses deemed to be of minor harm, a member of the Town Guard has the power to fine the offender up to 10 silvers, and sentence them to a prison term of up to one week. For offenses requiring an investigation and sentencing by the Town Magistrate, the Guard may, when necessary, detain a suspect indefinitely.

Any citizen of Troll's Bane may make an arrest in the following cases: murder, assault, robbery, thievery, arson, intentional damage of property, kidnap, and escape from lawful detention. Provided the force used while making such an arrest was reasonable, the citizen will be immune from any punishment that would otherwise arise. The arrested individual must be delivered to the Troll's Bane prison as soon as reasonably possible.

The Town Magistrate reserves full sentencing discretion. Punishments shall be determined on a case by case basis.

Any individual charged with committing a crime may write a letter to, or request a meeting with, the acting Town Magistrate appealing the sentence. The Town Magistrate shall then decide whether to grant the appellant a hearing.
Last edited by Town Guard of TB on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

*A bulky dwarf wearing a wide-rimmed hat and an eyepatch, scowls as his one eye flits over the papers. Eventually he writes messily underneath*

Shut yer trap halfling! Any bastard to touch a friend o' Silverbrand in our tavern will taste the sword of Cap'n Rogan as it tickles their throat! And I promise ye all that!

Irmormim bless her highness!

~Cap'n Rogan Thorgrim of the deep mountains
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Good thing the pretty little pet of Silverbrand was never touched, though it's one set of manners for you and the rest of your kind is it not?

~Sere~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

NOTICE

Colin Smalls will face sentencing in the next dwarven day. Exact time to be announced. Will take place at the Trolls Bane Theater so that any from Tol Vanima who wish to witness it may do so.

Archduchess of Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Due to the Magistrate being unavailable the sentencing of Colin Smalls is delayed two more days.((I was bitten by a spider & will have to go get it taken care of tomorrow)) If Magistrate Kyre is still unavailable Roland Ross who served as my previous Magistrate will step in.

Archduchess Joxia Doral

Also the elfess known as Reana is banned from Trolls Bane for 2 Dwarven weeks.
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

A parchment hangs under the last, written in long elegant letters and is written in common.

I wish to warn the people of Trolls Bane, of a man who speaks in a strange way. I was walking on my way to Varishkar when I heard a grunt and turn to look. he only seemed to utter a few words *Yumms* was the most constantly spoken of them and *Gubby * or something of that nature.

The man appears to wild, possiblly from Nordmark by build and appearance. He had wild hair and looked very barbaric and wore animal hides for clothing. I am not sure of the man's mind he seemed very child like and was quickly frightened when I summoned a rabbit to stop his attacks I could not bring myself to harm this man so I fled after surrounding him with animals.

Signed.
Raina. *
Kaidan Firestone

Post by Kaidan Firestone »

Hew instigated a verbal spat between he and a halfling named Bungo Plumpstick. The verbal spat evolved into Hew physically attacking Bungo and chasing him around until Athian and a few others stopped him. Hew has just finished serving a ban for assault. Because he has immediately turned around and attacked in town again I am banning Hew for 40 Dwarven days. If he is seen in town he will be put down.

Kaidan Firestone
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Unfortunately, Hew Keenaxe's actions are not ones that are expected of members of the town guard. He has no authority as a guard or associate of Troll's Banes' government any longer. All citizens may act accordingly to the law when approaching any fugitive of Bane. It is stressed that violence is a last resort.

Captain of the guard,
Dain Laiden