A Call to Devotees of Eldan

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pterry

A Call to Devotees of Eldan

Post by Pterry »

Parchments have been tacked up around the various settlements on Gobaith, Briar, and Vanima (excluding only Nordmark). They read:

ATTENTION, ALL ELDAN WORSHIPPERS

I seek to found a guild to bring together all those who worship Eldan. This would not be a church of Eldan, since there would be no doctrine to which all members would be expected to subscribe. Rather, the group would be oriented around a common interest in the god's worship, with no hard-and-fast rules as to how that worship is to be pursued.

The first order of business for the guild would be to assemble the money and materials needed to restore the old Eldan Monastery, which has fallen into disrepair. After that, the principal business of the guild would be to maintain the Monastery grounds to make sure they are an open and inviting place for all who wish to come and celebrate our god. I would hope we might also assemble semi-regularly to discuss theology, cosmology, metaphysics, and suchlike topics.

If you are intrigued by the prospect of joining such a fellowship, please send me a letter by dove or other means. I will keep all interested parties informed of any developments.

~P'terrun the Thigmophiles, Druid
Last edited by Pterry on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

*an old parchment, already yellowed and the lettering slightly faded, is pinned under the note*
The Eldan Monastery is falling apart

How irresponsible can this island be?
An old building, which was built for one of the five, has been slowly collapsing for a long time now. It is disgusting me to watch it turning into a ruin when I leave the northern woods, to just look for the gifts of nature. Buildings grow like mushrooms everywhere. But mushrooms are useful - but buildings mostly are without any use, and were built from the desire of power and prestige. But when a house is built so that it does as little harm as possible, and even for one of the five, then you just let it fall to pieces.

Do you know the history of the Monastery and how it fell apart?
Many years ago it was destroyed during the lichwars. No one was caring about it, and no one wanted to know of it. The Druids of the Forest could not stand it anymore and took that burden from the island's shoulders, and put it upon their own. With that, the druids managed to rebuild the Monastrey again. We druids never wanted to declare the Monastery as our own. So we gave it to a group called '' The Credii '' after we finished rebuilding it, without taking any kind of payment. We rebuilt the Monastery and thought to have given it into the right hands but only to be disappointed. Through obscure arrangements and other absurdities it became part of Trolls Bane and the Church of Gobaith. Both only seemed to be driven by the desire to get another bulding and more land. Everyone can now see the results of this. And no one, not Trolls Bane, the Church of Gobaith, nor anyone else seems to care about the slow but definite destruction of the Monastery.

Now it is too late. Theres no sense in rebulding something, just to see it falling to pieces again. So now I will warn you Gobaith. No one should dare to build up the fallen walls or shattered windows again. The roots of great Eldan-Oaks may break through the floor and their crowns may destroy the roofs, twines may sling themselves around the walls and bring them to fall, grass may thrust itself through the stone and overgrow the paths, so that Nature may cut its own path and will not be stopped by clumsy hands.

From the Northern Woods
Merung
Radu

The Monastery

Post by Radu »

Upon a tattered piece of parchment is written in a clear script.

P'terrun,
I am a priest of the Order of Eldan and I have been living out at the monastery for almost a dwarven year with the sole intention of rebuilding.
I sought the help of the young Prince Anarius but was ignored. I sought aid from the Viceroy who was also foully murdered before he could answer me either way. I have been told by the organization known as "The Proprietors" that they have a mule loaded with all that is needed to complete the task but needed only approval from the Viceroy. Now, members of this same "Proprietors Guild" have been banned from the town because of activities involving the cult of blood. The obstacles in the path of any seeking help in the rebuilding are legion. I came to Gobaith for the sole purpose of restoring the monastery. It is unlikely that the current administration will be any more inclined to aid me as they have, now, to deal with a threat in the form of this vile cult. They have eyes but they do not see. The only way to fight this threat is with the aid of our Gods. The enemy is wielding powers that we mortals cannot match yet it seems our leaders will ignore the obvious and attempt to fight this cult without tapping the one weapon we have to match theirs.
Our combined faith in our Gods and the power they would bring to our side. If you wish to discuss this with me further you will usually find me at the Monastery. I have lately been in Trolls Bane as well keeping an eye on the activities of this cult. A dove will find me.
Eldan always on you path,
Brother Milo