Notifications of the Town of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

Notifications of the Town of Trolls Bane

Post by Elijah »

One may notice when walking through town a large section of the town wall now covered by a blank board nailed against it. Upon it, a small note is pinned.

Greetings citizens,

In the most recent political regimes that have graced Trolls Bane with their reign, it seems that sometimes they were not quite on the same page with the citizens of this town. Of course, I am not condemning them in any way, for I am sure there will be things that my administration will fail at doing. However, in order to heighten the chances of less confused individuals and an overall healthy town, I have cleared this space to create a grounds to which any citizen or inhabitant of our fair town can flock to in search of information.

Our administration will use this section of the wall to announce important events, job postings, contracts, and the Town Guard will be asked to use this area to announce the banishment of criminals and so forth. Citizens and concerned outsiders are asked to use this area more as an area to keep up to date on the happenings of the town, instead of a place for useless discussion on the topics covered here. Of course, you are always free to announce things that you see on your own, if you feel that it will help the Government and the Town Guard do their job.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Trolls Bane
Last edited by Elijah on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings citizens,

Arivior Folcmar has been accepted as a citizen of Trolls Bane on this day. With his citizenship, he has been officialy hired as Translator of Trolls Bane. He'll help bridge the gap between our citizens who speak the new language and others who speak the old. By writing translations of my work into the old language and accompying me on political meetings with other leaders of this island, I believe he will prove to be a valuable asset to our town.

The Town of Trolls Bane is also in dire need of a scribe. Should anyone be willing to fulfill this role, post your credentials here or send me a dove. Of course, even a rudimentry understanding of the written word is required, and you will be asked to use these skills to write documents in a clean and professional manner.

Of course, as many will ask, these two positions will require money. In order to restrain from pulling from the town treasury for these two positions, I will pay for them out of my own pocket.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Trolls Bane
Phib

Post by Phib »

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Phibol D'Woise. I, along with my wife, Kitsa, will be running the community of Northbridge. During Archduchess Joxia's leadership she granted the Lord Cromwell a parcel of land to develop, a parcel of land that is now known as Northbridge. I bought a house from Cromwell saving my miners salary and made my humble abode with my then flourishing family.

When the Prince came with his Salk army he repossessed all lands that were in Banes name and changed all locks. Those of you who had homes inside the city walls may know of this. The Prince refused to return my key since Cromwell was a fugitive outlaw and everything he owned was deemed to be the property of Bane. Many accounts went by and the Prince never really submitted to my pleas to regain what I rightfully paid good coin for. His assassination was the end of negotiations.

Edric took over the leadership role and my requests began again. Movement on the purchase of my house was going along well, now including the purchase of the entire settlement because I saw great possibilities to make Trolls Bane, and more specifically Northbridge, a better place to live and visit. Though negotiations were fruitful and gaining momentum, Edric’s unfortunate demise once again derailed my dream of regaining my home and the dream of running a community of friends outside of Bane.

Just recently I brought up the while process again in front of Governor Elijah and his advisor Orren Paddick. With open ears they heard my side along with the submission of a document; they graciously sat down to discuss a solution. I salute their swift and fair dealings with me and my proposal. I once again thank them.

Northbridge is an independent community, that follows the laws of Bane. The community will have it's own rules amongst the grounds and I hope to have them posted on a separate board soon. We are now looking for those who wish to rent and join us. There is currently one house to rent and we are looking into turning the mill into another viable domicile. We are also looking to expand if there is enough interest. Northbridge, would be perfect for a new family or for craftsmen and women of Bane, who do their business in Bane, but would like a place outside of town to rest their heads. Please send a dove to Phibol D’Woise (Phib) with any requests and queries. Best wishes, the new establishment of Northbridge.

Phibol D'Woise
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

The Chamber of Commerce would like to extend it's congratulations to Phibol and Kitsa, for finally realizing their dream, and having the courage to see it through.

We support any 'start-up' enterprise and managing and updating a 'suburb' of Trollsbane is no small undertaking. We support this in both spirit and coin.

We will extend a 'credit' to you and Kitsa of 100 Silvers for the development of Northbridge and it's community. This can be used for Orders through the Chamber and is only charged 10% interest per annum ((per IG Year)).

We would also like to discuss renting a house for our 'Representative' in Trollsbane. Please send us a dove regarding prices and availability.

We applaud your efforts and wish your 'enterprise' best wishes.

~Bernie Bottoms Litttlethorn, Chairman
~Gobaith Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
Silent Orchestra

Post by Silent Orchestra »

A Parchment in well cursive is pinned among the others.
Parchment wrote:Dear, Elijah Varrin
Governor of Trolls Bane

My name is Rafael de'Skalde, and i like to make a bid for the occupation of a scribe. My father told me to speak and write the new tougne, as same as the old one. So I will be able to work on translations as well. In the past, I worked as scribe and servant in temples of Khensarra. I would be glad to receive massages from you, and meet you in person.

Best wishes,
Rafael de'Skalde.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings,

In order to lessen the amount of confusion that seems to swarm among the ranks of the Town Guard, and rightfully so, it came a time to update and make public the laws of the Town. Though they are far from finished, the laws have been updated and placed upon the walls of Troll's Bane. After doing some basic research on the laws of the past, I've tried to compile one that is not only fair, but would work in today's current judicial environment. Accompanying this new list is a basic framework of punishments that are available to the official or guard who apprehends these criminals.

If there are any questions or concerns over the list of laws, please direct those towards me or another official. As much of your help and opinion on the matter will go to help us create the best possible set of laws so that clever criminals will not be able to find a loophole to rid themselves of punishment. Remember, you're the one that helps this town prosper. Without the citizens, our job as overseers are meaningless.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings citizens,

Today was a very sad day indeed for Troll's Bane. After receiving a dove that asked for me to meet someone at the Copper Mines, I was greeted with allegations that the fair and righteous businessman Bernie Bottoms wished to hire assassins to kill myself. As much as I am going to further investigate those allegations, almost merely as a formality due to the high level of crime that has been claimed, I'm unsure of my willingness to believe that such an innocent halfling would ask someone to do this.

The halfling known as Ace is hereby banned from the territories of Bane for a indefinite period of time. He assaulted Bernie and Tak right outside Bane. The group that the halfling seems to lead is considered highly dangerous and a wall that stands between our citizens and peace. This announcement is not to bring fear to anyone, only to make them aware. If you see any suspicious behavior, please report this to your local guard, or myrself.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A lone parchment in the chopped shape of a contract now takes it's place on the wall.
Contract of Midlands wrote:
The following contract constitutes a lease of the estate known as Midlands to Bernie Bottoms Littlehorn , should he agree and follow the terms of the contract below. The estate known as Midlands shall remain a territory of Trolls Bane and any attempt to cede from Trolls Bane will automatically make this contract void. The leaser is permitted to use the property as he wishes as long as he accepts the laws and rule of Trollsbane. The land will only be re-seized by Troll's Bane should the user become inactive or commit a crime of extremely high proportions.

Tax shall be issued at the flat rate of twenty silvers for the first dwarven month and be subjected to change after that, at the discretion of the government of Trollsbane. The leaser shall be informed and permitted to appeal should the tax rate be changed. In order to combat inactivity, should the owner go three dwarven months without paying taxes, the land will be returned to Trollsbane, and the lease will be canceled.

The Theater or Arena to the east of Bane will be of open access to the Town of Troll's Bane and 10% of the revenue off events that are held there will be given to the town coffers.

Both parties agree to these terms and are bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Bernie Bottoms Littlethorn
Greetings citizens,

As you may have already saw, in order to bolster the relationship between the Town of Troll's Bane and one of the largest commercial industries on our isle, I've agreed to lease the land known as Midlands to Mister Bottoms and his guild. He seems to have rather ambitious ideas for the land in general that will not only further the brightness of the prospects for a future Troll's Bane, but create a "New Haven" for peace outside our borders.

Troll's Bane is also opening its arms to anyone who wishes to rent the apartments that are to the east of Town. Financial details can be discussed upon contacting me with your level of interest.

With best wishes,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Thank you Governor, Your faith and trust will not be in vain.

The Chamber of Commerce will issue plans for developing the area known as 'Midlands' which include the Arena, the copper mine, Garon's old place and the poker room. The Teleporter and the Roads will remain neutral property of course, and all the 'land' is still subject to the Laws of Trollsbane. We won't do anything like issue tolls or anything crazy like that.

The 'midlands' has the potential to become a large 'commercial' district for the City of Trollsbane. I envision merchants and traders from all over coming together there for business and pleasure, enjoying the 'entertainments' available. The Theater will become alive with action again, and business will be encouraged to move here.

If anyone has a claim to anything in the Midlands, please send me a dove with the claim and an explanation of it, within three Dwarven days or it shall be considered vacant and abandoned property. The midlands will then be developed into a 'New Haven' for businesses and tradesmen.

With best regards for Trollsbane,
~Bernie Bottoms Littlethorn
~Chairman, Chamber of Commerce
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A single contract is now pinned neatly next to the other.
Contract between the Town of Troll's Bane and the Riverside Grovestriders

In order to bolster the town's defense forces, the Town has taken the initiative and agreed to hire the Riverside Grovestriders as a mercenary force solely for defense of the town. Pay will mirror that of the Town Guard, depending on rank corresponding to the two ranks of the guard. Of course, the members of the faction will be able to take other jobs during this time period, but only if those do not go against the protection of Trolls Bane. Meaning that while the Grovestriders are allowed to take other jobs, these cannot interfere with their duties that are issued from Trolls Bane.

Grovestrider troops will only be authorized by leading officials in the Grovestriders, the current Governor, Captain of the Guard, and the Magistrate. They are well within their right to refuse an order if it goes against morals or background. If they are to receive keys or equipment from the town treasury, these items will be required to be given back at the termination of the contract.

The parties involved in this contract both agree and are legally bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Anon of D'Athen,
Captain of the Town Guard

Signed,
Darius Kain.
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

All guards and recruits are to send me notification via dove, along with a brief description of themselves and their combative skills, styles, and needs. Needs include training, equipment, and supplies.
All of the guards who do not respond within one Dwarvin week will be struck from the rosters and need to reapply.
Upon submitting this information, ranking and membership shall be shown in the new Town Guard Postings.

Thank you,

Anon of D'Athen,
Captain of the Town Guard,
Squire of the Kinghthood of Gobaith
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings citizens,

Due to the unfortunate circumstances that befell me in Vanima a few days prior, I have been unable to make a few announcements regarding our fair town. Hopefully this delay did not cause any confusion among those who they involve.

Zach Dawson has rented the apartment that hugs the southern wall, the last in the row. He has agreed to pay a forty silver deposit to cover any damages that might occur and a monthly fee of ten silvers. Although a similar structure of payment will be set up for the other two apartments that are still available, I'm unsure if I can command the same amount of money. Neither have furniture and it'll be a while before they are furbished with such.

Currently, the town is actively pursuing rebuilding the western wall of the jailhouse and expanding the current housing situation in town. A few well structured apartment additions on the south-eastern side of town would bring more places for our citizens to dwell and over time, a good source of income for the Town's investment.

Stefan Elvaris has also been released from jail and rejoined the guard. His body has been cleansed of the Netharia taint by Isiah Varrin, a qualified priest. Sirith Rym has also been promoted from guard to Lieutenant of the Guard.

With best wishes,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Last edited by Elijah on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings citizens,

In order to revive the Town of Troll's Bane with a defensive force that spreads farther than the Town walls, and provide tax income which hopefully incites a small economical boom, I believe it's as good a time as any to announce the current status of Land within our borders. Of course, none of these vacant territories are openly being offered for sale. If capable offers are given to me by capable people, I'll certainly think about them.

I. District of Troll's Bane Proper, Governmental seat.
II. Estate of Northbridge (Phibol D'Woise)
III. Estate of West Strand (Vacant)
IV. Estate of Oakwood shire (Vacant)
V. Estate of Riverside (Reserved)
VI. Estate of Southfields (Vacant)
VII. Estate of Midlands (Chamber of Commerce)
VIII. Estate of Eastmark (Vacant)

Speaking of land and ownership, I've revised and made public the laws of leasing land. They can be found pinned under the laws of Troll's Bane on the official Troll's Bane board. Hopefully these new strict regulations will help to close any loopholes land leasers might try to exploit made by the good graces of my short contracts. Any questions or concerns over the content of the rules can be asked of me via dove.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Another parchment now is pinned against the wall with the rest of the contracts and treaties, a small summary underneath.
1.) The Archbishop of Troll's Bane is the Head and religious representative of Troll's Bane, he has the duty to look after the spiritual welfare of all souls on Gobaith .
a.) The Archbishop enjoys a position as spiritual adviser to the throne of Troll's Bane.
b.)The Archbishop has a duty to combat heresy, error and nonreligious subjects of the island.
2.) All land belonging in some manner to the Archbishop's person shall be known as the Archbishopric.
3.) Within all land belonging temporally or spiritually to the Archbishop he has the authority to decree morally-binding laws on anything which shall be considered a spiritual matter, he shall have the authority to judge and execute punishment for these spiritual crimes within religious courts appointed by himself. These laws may not contradict the rightful laws of any land, nor may he presume to punish crimes unrelated to spiritual matters; within the city walls such laws must be approved by the Governor.
4.) He shall have the power to call to himself a militia for religious purposes only, though this may not be used for aggressive campaigns against Troll's Bane or its allies.
5.) The Archbishop, though being directly in control of the spiritual administration of Gobaith, shall have the power to appoint and delegate others to assist him in his tasks as he sees fit.
6.) So long as the Archbishop does not interfere with the rightful governance of Troll's Bane or its surrounding estates, he shall have peace to go about his own business and be granted protection by that same government.
7.) Only a male over the age of thirty may become Archbishop, women are forbidden from so doing.
8.) The government of Troll's Bane maintains the right to remove the Archbishop from his position, should he break the terms of his agreement.
9.) All lands of this righteous religious movement are territories of Troll's Bane, though under the subordinate and uninterfered governance of the Archbishop, and any attempt to cede this lands from Troll's Bane will result in the termination of this contract.
10.)The Archbishop is under no circumstances, while retaining his episcopal office, to take supreme leadership of the city. He is not to pursue governmental office, nor to incite rebellion so as to have himself placed in governmental office.
11.) This contract may not be terminated, edited, abridged or re-worded without the express written consent of all the signatories, unless one of the parties break the terms of the agreement and in doing so render it null and void.

Signed,
Expleti, A. Carthusiana,
Archbishop of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Greetings,

As you might note from the above contract, with the return of the Archbishop to these lands, the Town of Troll's Bane hopes to nurture a relationship between not only him but a religious one with it's people. Though I am sure his plans are ambitious and seem to spread further from the Town walls themselves, we'll support him in his endeavor.

His duties will include all those religious, from advising me on religious dealings and protecting our town from evil deities. One of his main duties from the Government of Troll's Bane is to ensure that the people of this land are given a choice between a life of religion and one of sin. In order to enhance his ability to fulfill these duties, the Town of Troll's Bane will fund him with the resources to build a universal church for all faith followers, language speakers, and racial backgrounds.

Because of this colossal task, the Town of Troll's Bane finds it's best to subject newcomers to the land quickly with the sweet righteous taste of religion before their minds are perverted by the evils that dwell on the island. Therefore, we believe it's in the best interest of our island for the Archbishop and his group to oversee the harbor and it's surrounding areas, so that the very first thing that the people fresh from the boat are subjected to is religion.

Remember this is a wall for announcements only and not discussion. Any concerns or questions over these topics can be discussed privately with me via dove.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

To the most esteemed Governor of Troll's Bane, Elijah Varrin,

I lay before your feet the deepeest of gratitudes that make themselves known within me, for this the most magnanimous of deeds which you have wrought for one who is but the humble servant of his god, and all gods. I shall endeavour to keep the terms of the agreements which together we have met at, and to safeguard the land which you have bestowed upon me. I shall serve the gods until the dying day, and you, noble governor, until you pass the beacon of your office on to the next candidate. I intend, fully, to increase the priesthood and devotion of lay-men upon this island, and the faith of all around me. May your City be for all weary travellers that land upon this island, a shining star of zeal, bring ever more souls rejoicing to the gods.
Below, I place a map of the territories which I lay claim to with the authority you have given me. The Eldan Monastery and Cemetary lands I renew from the previous contract, made with your predecessor Archduke Cromwell, but the harbour I take following your command "Because of this colloasial task, the Town of Troll's Bane finds it's best to subject newcomers to the island quickly with the sweet water of religion before their minds are preverted by the evils that dwell on the island." It is from this point that we shall pass onto the pilgrims that approach our island the sweet doctrines of our forefathers. I pray that they, like us, shall profit greatly from them. Though my earthly lands be few, my spiritual authority (granted by the gods, and ratified by yourself, good governor) extend from shore to shore of this island, and I pray that all shall submit willingly to the pleasant yoke of religion.

It remains for me to grant you every blessing, dear governor, may your days be long and sweet, and your afterlife in the company of the gods,

Expleti, A. Carthusiana,
Archbishop of Troll's Bane
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

We think its normal that priesthoods rule monasterys, and welcome that someone care about the important Eldan monastery with his long history. But Anyway we want to remember how important the Eldan monastery is for any druids and that we see it as necessary than all Druid will have free and unlimited access to the books which allow them to follow her path.

Concerning the Graveyard we wonder why the archbishop have interest to rule caves of undeads, but as long as no one will be limited to fight against these evil we see no reason to care about.

But we cant and will not accept any annexation of the harbour. Except the fact that the buildingmaster is living there since long and care about these place we see it as necessary for all guild and settlements of Gobaith that these place be neutral. Only as neutral area it is guaranteed that the harbour can be used by anyone with no exception or limit. If the archbishop or his followers see is at there duty to welcome newcomers they can do this anyway, even if the harbour stay neutral.

~Djironnyma, for Kumdah
Wir halten es für natürlich das Priesterschaften Klöster verwalten und begrüßen das sich jemand um einen geschichtsträchtigen Ort wie das Eldankloster kümmert. Dennoch wollen wir an die große Bedeutung des Eldanklosters für Druiden erinnern und das wir es als unumgänglich ansehen das jeder Druide unbeschränkten zugriff zu allen Büchern hat, die für seinen Weg von Bedeutung sind.

Was den Friedhof angeht, sind wir zwar verwundert, warum der Erzbischof ein Interesse daran hegt Höhlen voller Untertoter zu regieren, wir stören uns aber auch nicht weiter daran, solange niemand in seinem Kampf wieder dieser Kreaturen der Dunkelheit behindert wird.

Aber auf keinen Fall können und werden wir eine Annektierung des Hafens akzeptieren. Abgesehen davon, dass der Baumeister seit lange schon an diesem Ort lebt und ihn verwaltet, ist es für alle Gilden und Siedlungen notwendig, dass der Hafen ein Neutraler Ort bleibt. Nur als neutrale Zone wird gewährleistet, das der Hafen von allen ohne Ausnahmen und Beschränkungen genutzt werden kann. Wenn der Erzbischof oder seine Anhänger es als ihre Aufgabe sehen sich um Neuankömmlinge zu kümmern können sie dies auch problemlos, wenn der Hafen neutral bleibt.

~Djironnyma, für Kumdah

Last edited by Djironnyma on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orgis

Post by orgis »

A small Hobbit pins up a note for himself
I can't remember the ruler of bane having the ability to hand out land which belongs to ALL islanders and not solely the management of bane. Your claim as bishop of TROLL BANE holds no case against the druids right to own the run down Monastery... and if I remember correctly, they said no one shall have the land sept themselves... I don't know about anyone else in this town, but I'll support the druids long before I support this nut job.
~Ser~
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Der Hafen und der Friedhof sind nicht Teil von Trolls Bane
und können von Trolls Bane nicht vergeben werden.

Den Eigentumsstatus des Eldan Kloster betrachtet das
Königreich als ungeklärt.

König Tialdin von Silberbrand
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Tialdin wrote:The harbour and the graveyard are no part of Trolls Bane and cant be give away by Trolls bane.

To who belongs the Monastery of Eldan isnt clear for the Kingdom of Silverbrand.

King Tialdin of Silverbrand.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

First of all, this is a board for the declarations of the city of Trolls Bane. Keep your discussion off these parchments and send them via letter. You should all go pray to the gods for a bit more wisdom, sice you seem to lack it.

Second of all, the Archbishop has declared the said lands as under the direct supervision of the Church, not as claimed phisical land of the town. Also, like it is said above, those lands belong to no one, so why should it matter to you if it is claimed by Bane, myself, or anyone else? Better to have a land that is protected and watched for, than a land that none cares about and everyone can have their way on.

Also, Djironnyma, please keep your cursed, heathen, unholy fingers off these boards. Thank you.

For the glory of the gods!
~ High Inquisitor Kar'armak, Paladin of Bràgon.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

These are no discussions - because it's our point of view - nothing which can be negotiated. We do not accept any annexation of the harbour, no matter how you prefer to call it.
And if you talk about wisdom, you should stop to throw insults and lies around.

Furthermore you should notice that i do not speak on my own behalf, but for the Land of Kumdah.
Kumdah has no interest to hide it's diplomatic matters and point of views, that's why we have chosen open Letters.

~Djironnyma, for Kumdah

Dies stellt keine Diskussion da - es sind unsere Anischten - nichts das verhandelbar wäre. Wir werden keine Annektieren des Hafens akzeptieren - vollkommen gleich wie ihr es zu nennen vorzieht. Und wenn ihr von Weisheit sprecht, solltet ihr vielleicht aufhören mit Beleidigungen und Lügen um euch zu werfen.

Darüber hinaus solltet ihr zur Kenntnis nehmen das ich nicht nur für mich selbst sondern für das Land Kumdah spreche. Kumdah hat keinerlei Interesse daran seine diplomatischen Angelegenheiten und Ansichten geheim zu halten, deswegen wählen wir offene Briefe.

~Djironnyma, für Kumdah
Rexus Orius

Post by Rexus Orius »

Djironnyma's words speak truth. This new kind of governing is out of control, and resembles nothing more than radical fundamentalists trying to take power over the remaining neutral areas of the isle, with no questions asked. Perhaps by executing this idea of uniting the isle through grace of the gods can be done so in a more harmonious way, rather than that of by dictation by greedy mortals.

-Rexus Orius-
Former captain of the Trollsbane militia
Former guardian of Trollsbane
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Djironnyma,

I have trouble understanding if your mind is only clouded by darkness or you are also a complete and total moronic idiot.
First of all, learn how to read and write. If you can not understand that the title of this board says "Notifications of the Town of Trolls Bane" I shall explain it to you. It means that this board is meant for ONLY the official announcements of this town, not random morons from other places, or people that have nothing better to do.
Also, I highly recommend hiring a professional translator than to make all of our eyes bleed with your complete heap of nonsense.

Second of all, your "grace" , it is YOU who should notice that the blessed Archbishop has no interest in adding these lands to the lands of Trolls Bane, but merely extend the Church's sleepless eye, its protection, here, in the pursuit of true faith in the holy Gods. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you, heathen?

..and when the seeds of wickedness have clouded the mind
Only fire can purge the soul.
Repent!

~ High Inquisitor Kar'armak, Paladin of Bràgon
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings,

As it was openly stated, I've claimed nothing. The church will simply have direct supervision and spiritual leadership over the land. Even if I did wish to claim it, I hardly see how it's any of your concern, considering you claimed an entire town and pushed out its citizens over night. No one wished to dispute this outside of your town because, well frankly no one cared. Why? Because it doesn't concern them, considering they are towns away from where it happened. If you still wish to dispute a just and righteous spiritual supervision over the land that isn't currently used at all, please refrain from writing on my walls. I'm always opened to meetings and doves.

As for the Eldan Monastery and the Graveyard, those two pieces of land have belonged to Troll's Bane since before I even arrived on the island and no one has disputed those claims since. They were simply renewed and given back to the Archbishop. Funny how both of the people who are angered have come to me and openly pleaded that I do something about the "Temple" and their vicious ways. Well, open your eyes. I'm doing something, my friends. The church will help weed out these bastards before they cause anymore damage to your respective towns.

You have a castle Djironnyma, please do us all a favour and use it.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Briggi Blumenkind

Post by Briggi Blumenkind »

Cherga mit euch!

Als damals das Hafengebäude als "Gemeingut" deklariert wurde, stimmte ich, als eine der Miterbauer, nur zu unter der Bedingung, das wirklich jeder diese Gebäude nutzen dürfen. Sollte das nicht mehr gewährleistet sein, erhebe ich Anspruch, als letzte Verbliebene Erbauerin, auf dieses Gebäude.

Briggi Blumenkind

~ ehemalige Ratsfrau im Rate Lyrenzias, Druidin, Prinzessin Hobitias ~

((bitte um Übersetzung, falls es wer für nötig hält))
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There is a mummy in Troll's Bane right in front of the shop, running with the head against the wall next to the entrance door again and again. There is a letter pinned on the the back of the mummy that reads:
Treaty about the graveyard

The graveyard is property of the undead. Its to be used as asylum for missunderstood and abused undead and as homestead for unholy creatures of all kind. Living people are not allowed in there and the undeads are free to drive them out with all needed force.

Signatures

SSadab Daednu
Representative of the undead

Nitram
Representative of those who have to decide something
-------------------------

Direkt vor dem Laden in Troll's Bane ist eine Mumie, die mit ihrem Kopf wieder und wieder gegen die Wand direkt neben der Eingangstür läuft. Auf dem Rücken der Mumie ist ein Zettel angesteckt auf dem steht:
Vertrag bezüglich des Friedhofes

Der Friedhof ist Eigentum der Untoten. Er soll als Zufluchtsort für missverstandene und missbrauchte Untote dienen, sowie als Heimat für unheilige Kreaturen aller Art. Lebende Personen sind im Friedhof nicht erlaubt und die Untoten dürfen sie mit aller Gewalt die notwendig ist aus dem Friedhof hinausjagen.

Unterschriften

SSadab Daednu
Vertreter der Untoten

Nitram
Vertreter derer die etwas zu entscheiden haben
Last edited by Nitram on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

Cherga with you!

When the harbor war declared as public property, I voted, since I'm a co-builder, yes only under the condition that all buildings can really be used by everyone. If this is no longer warranted, I will claim the building as last remaining builder.

Briggi Blumenkind

~ former council member of Lyrenzia, druid, princess of Hobitias ~
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Elijah has not claimed the Harbor. It is still public property and will remain public property.

~Sirith Rymn
Elijah hat nicht die behauptete Harbor. Es ist immer noch öffentliches Eigentum und öffentliches Eigentum bleiben.

~Sirith Rymn
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

The ones who care about the monastery would know about its history and how it fell apart again and again. I do know and I told, but most were not listening.

No one of you have the right to claim it his own. The monastery shall not be rebuilt.

- just an inhabitant of the Norther Woods
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings,

I wish to further explain away the harbor issue very briefly to those who wish to hear it. One of the very first duties that I took upon myself when I became the Governor of Troll's Bane was to study the past governmental heads that led this town. One thing that I found was the most recurrent issue, was that of citizens and inhabitants of this island not thoroughly reading the words of the Governor. If that issue did not exist, the wall outside the shop would not be cluttered with this senseless babble that could have easily been explained away through the usage of doves.

As much as I adore my pet, I believe it's underused and clearly so are many whose masters decide they wish their voice to be heard publicly, instead of privately. From now on, I'll be the one sending the doves to these public attention seekers, instead of dealing with senseless writings on my walls. If you wish to be looked at as a fool, then I invite you to do so with open arms.

The map seems to be the cause of the confusion with the bright purple outlines. It surely was so beautiful that it caused their minds to linger from the contents of the two messages above it. Because of this, the map will be removed, so that all the people of Gobaith can rest easy tonight knowing that their humble harbor that they seldom use is a "neutral" territory.

Either way, I have a town to run and this wall was cleared for me to announce certain events and the notifications for the Town's well being. Hopefully with my latest announcement, the people of Gobaith will fall back into the habit of reading, instead of discussing.

Two new contracts have been posted on the Town wall. These include making a formal contract of Riverside with Darius Kain, the leader of the Riverside Grovestriders. He has always actually owned the land, yet he never sought a formal contract to claim it as his own. He has come to me under my regime and asked me to do so, to protect his ownership in the uncertain climate of Troll's Bane politics. The Cromwell mansion also has a deed that now states it's ownership.

Also, because of the need to set a standard date to collect taxes and then have it monthly from there on, I've set a somewhat neutral date in the future. On the tenth of Bras ((August 5th)), all taxes will be due. Of course, this may cause some concern for several citizens who bought land and find this date to fall short of a full month before their purchase. However, creating a date as such will help us collect the taxes on a set time of every dwarven month.

Thank you and good riddance,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane