Notifications of the Town of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

*a note is posted in full view of everyone on the town board, in a crabby child's writing*

Dear Mister Varrin,

Whether you are my father or not, you don't act like it, but here I have to live scared of people like Mister Gray because of you. I borrowed some money from the guards for my boat fare and hope you will please pay them back. I'm going to the mainland for a few months, for reasons you'd know if you would of bothered to get to know me.

-Your Daughter, Mlara

P.S. I'm sorry I slapped you.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens,

The Articles of Troll's Bane government have been officially made public on this day.

It has taken me far longer then I had originally planned. However, I have finally come to that door and I'm about to raise my hand to knock. This door that I speak of isn't anything in the physical sense. It is the minds and the realm of thoughts that swarm out there upon the streets of the fair city of Troll's Bane. It's the crevices in the back of your minds. It's the house, the foundation of the future of Troll's Bane. What if I were to tell you that around that door that I'm standing in front of is nothing?

I guess what I'm asking you, as the great citizens of Troll's Bane, is to read over the document posted and give me an idea on what you wish to see added and what you wish to see removed. I want you to build the house that harbors the family of the future Troll's Bane and help write the deed that hopefully ensures it's ownership to future freedom and tranquility. You may hear the whispered rumors of my corrupted ways, or that I am secretly a demon bent on world domination. You may even hear the truths. That I am a weakling that is inactive in his duties.

Either way, I promised a dying man something I intend to uphold. Troll's Bane will no longer be used a puppet for the dark powers that harbor upon this island. No longer will it be the loose soil at the bottom of the ocean where the rusty anvils of evil can latch into and cling to it. You do not have to agree with my rule to agree with the words within, or change the future. For the future is not something that only I can control, or some bandit wishing my death. thinks he can. It's always the citizen who may make the most drastic changes to the course of history, and it's always the quietest mouse who gets the cheese. Therefore, I want your thoughts, your signatures, and your feedback as soon as possible.

If I am to die tomorrow, let my last act as Governor be a good one.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

• “The People of Troll's Bane have always been a defiant race. One who are ambitious, reliant upon themselves, and stead fest in their respective duties. However, it has been a recurrent theme in the tumultuous history of Troll's Bane that causes this defiance to be bred. So Therefore, in order to protect the integrity of future citizens, and to give more balance to the future foundation of our fair town, a document has been drafted and put into place on this day."
        - Elijah Varrin, Governor of Troll's Bane

• [list]The Articles of Troll's Bane
                [/i][/size][/b]
          [/color]
[/list]
            • _____________________________________________________________________________________
                • Article One: The Rights of Citizens and Individuals
  • These are basic rights that all citizens of Troll's Bane have rightfully pledged to them.

1) All citizens of Troll's Bane may own or operate land at the discretion of the Troll's Bane government. Individual persons with no affiliation with the town are exempt from this rule, though some extreme cases are presence and permitted.
2) All citizens of Troll's Bane are permitted to utilize any and all resources and tools within or around Troll's Bane. Individual persons with no affiliation with the town are exempt from this rule.
    • -Tools within Troll's Bane include, but are limited to: workbenches, ovens, anvils, furnaces, and grinders.
      -Resources of Troll's Bane include, but are not limited to: water, trees, fields, fruit, animals, and minerals.
      - All trees within the walls of the Troll's Bane township are excluded from this rule. It is forbidden for anyone other than a town official to cut them down.
      - Any individual may have their right to utilize the tools and resources within Troll's Bane temporarily withdrawn by a member of the Town Guard in a case of repeated misuse.
      - The owner of any privately owned resource or tool within the territories of Troll's Bane may use their property in any reasonable manner, which may include the exclusion of others.
      - The act of littering will be punished with a fine proportional to the crime.
3)The integrity of the person, character, and freedom of a citizen within the territories of Troll's Bane are rights which may not be interfered with.
    • - Unnecessary violence of any form against another's person is forbidden within the territories of Troll's Bane.
      - Combats of any form, including non-lethal duels, are forbidden within the walls of the Troll's Bane township. The only people exempt from this rule are the Town Guard and anyone with specific permission from the government of Troll's Bane.
      - Any individual in possession of a weapon within the territories of Troll's Bane must keep the weapon sheathed and in plain sight.
      - Any individual may have their right to possess a weapon within the territories of Troll's Bane withdrawn by a member of the Town Guard.
      - No individual may threaten another, whether expressly or otherwise.
      - No individual may cause harm to another's reputation by publicly spreading false statements.
      - No individual may hold another against their will and without lawful reason to do so.
      - Offensive magic may not be cast within town

4)All citizens within the territories of Troll's Bane are to be treated with respect and civility.
    • - No individual may be discriminated against on the basis of race.
      - No individual may be discriminated against on the basis of gender.
      - No individual may be subject to unreasonable insult.

5)A citizen's property belongs to the citizen alone. Property rights are granted to all registered citizens within the territories of Troll's Bane.
    • - No individual may knowingly deprive an owner, against their will, of a possession.
      - No individual may enter or remain within a building, when it is against the owner's will for them to do so, and the owner's will is known to the individual.
      - No individual may cause harm to another's property.
6) A citizen of Troll's Bane has the right to a fair trial and a legal representative in the court of law. A individual who has no affiliation to the Town of Troll's Bane has the right to a fair trial and a legal representative in smaller cases. Individuals accused of treason or attempting to topple or overthrow the Government of Troll's Bane will be automatically put to death.
7) All citizens of Troll's Bane have the right and the privilege to serve in a Governmental role in some capacity if they pass several screening tests.
8 ) Individuals from outside settlements captured for crimes committed in Troll's Bane may be exported back to their respective settlements IF the settlement agrees to their own punishment or trial upon the return of the captive. Individuals accused of treason or serious offenses are exempt from this rule.
9) All citizens and individuals within Troll's Bane are free. Slavery is forbidden and will be looked upon as a crime as high as Treason.
10) It is the right and the duty of the citizens to form a citizenry council that will regularly meet with the Governor to discuss issues within the town and lobby for changes.
11) A citizen who owns land within Troll's Bane may not secede from Troll's Bane in any manner, making the land an independent junction. He may not sell the land without the permission of the Government.

• Article Two: The Role of Government
  • Article Two Section One: These are the obligations, restrictions, and rules that accompany the title of Governor.
*All stipulations against the position of Governor and other positions are instituted upon this day. Current members of the Government are not subjugated to the same guidelines of Clause 1. However, all other guidelines apply.*

1)All citizens of Troll's Bane are eligible for the position of Governor if they fit the following credentials:
  • - They must have served in the role of Magistrate before their rise to Governor. If the Governor and the Magistrate both resigned, are killed, or suddenly disappear the Captain of the Troll's Bane Guard will take over the town.
    - They have have had an extensive background test that removes any doubt of their affiliations with outside forces, or groups that pose as direct threats to the inhabitants of the town and abroad.
    - They must have no affiliations or partnership with any outside civilian groups not created by or pertaining to the role of Governor. Groups that are exempted include: Scribe work, and The Army of Gobaith.
    - They must be a citizen of Troll's Bane for three dwarven months.
2)The title of Governor of Troll's Bane will be passed down upon the Magistrate upon the serving Governor's death, resignation, or sudden departure.
3)The Governor of Troll's Bane is required to hold three citizenry meetings a dwarven month.
4)The Governor of Troll's Bane will keep the Town Treasury within his possession. The Governor of Troll's Bane will receive no set salary. However, they may use the treasury as they wish, with strict documentation on what they use it for. This usage is restricted to simple necessities, such as shelter, food, and clothing. Travel expenses are also include.
5)The Governor of Troll's Bane is the Supreme Commander of all Troll's Bane armed forces. A Governor may declare war in times of dishevel and may command his/her troops into battle as they deem fit.
6) The Governor and more importantly, the Government of Troll's Bane may not be overturned by an aggressive campaign. It is the right of the citizens to try to come to a compromise with the Governor on certain issues. However, an aggressive campaign to kill, murder, and overthrow the Government will be met with a staunch resistance on the Government's part.
  • - It is the duty of the Governor and the Government to retake the Town of Troll's Bane should it be overthrown by outsider forces.
    - It is the duty of the Governor and the Government to refuse to allow bandits, the Temple, or an outsider force from the Mainland to continue to hold dominion over the Town.
    - If these harsh times ever pass, the Government of Troll's Bane has the right to annex land near to Troll's Bane or a suburb in itself to act as a stepping block to retaking the town.

7)The Governor of Troll's Bane may not accept brides or any financial agreements to gain position within town. He may not sell Government positions or titles to citizens of Troll's Bane.
8 )The Governor of Troll's Bane cannot accept brides of outsider forces on a personal level. A Governor may not use the Troll's Bane treasury to pay for the ransom of a sibling or family member. A Governor may not sign coerced documents that give certain individuals leadership of the town or accept randoms that state such, even if it means the death of a loved one.
9)The Governor of Troll's Bane may pay outsider forces for protection and is the supreme voice in external affairs. He cannot, however, annex land without the consent of the citizen base.
10)The Governor of Troll's Bane must act as the public voice of the people of Troll's Bane and make sure that the base is happy, for a divided house cannot stand.
11)The Governor of Troll's Bane is the sole head of the Government of Troll's Bane. Any other Government member who is found to be undermining their rule is subject to be tried for treason and stripped of their respective title/s.
12) The Governor must give the town of Troll's Bane a three dwarven week notice before they wish to resign, as to acclimate the Magistrate to the job and give them the necessary funds and other materials that are necessary to run the town.

• Article Two Section Two: These are the obligations, restrictions, and rules that accompany the title of Magistrate.

1) The Magistrate is the superior voice in the Legislative branch in Troll's Bane. The Governor is the only person in the Government who may overturn any of their decrees or decisions upon the legal system.
2) Both the Magistrate and the Governor are the only two who may appear as judges in the court of Troll's Bane, unless they are both declared to be too bias.They are also the only two entities that may pardon a criminal of crimes.
3) The Magistrate may declare new laws with the discretion and supervision of the Governor and hand out sentences to the fullest extent of the law.
4) The Magistrate is required to be neutral in all civil and foreign legal affairs. If a defendant feels that this isn't the case, he may request a more neutral judge at the discretion of the Governor.
5) They may banish and jail criminals for as long as the please, as long as the sentences are appropriate for the crimes committed
6) They may carry out executions on criminals who have been declared worthy of such. They may also torture and parade criminals for information pertaining to their crimes or co-conspirators.
7) The Magistrate must be of sound mind, have prior legal background, and be found to be completely free of a criminal record.
8.) The Magistrate is allowed to make trade agreements for the town of Trollsbane, if agreed upon by the acting Governor.
9) The Magistrate may act as a diplomatic representative of Trollsbane, if agreed upon by the acting Governor.
10) The Magistrate may give orders to the town guard, and if it is something extraordinary it should be agreed upon with the guard captain and/or the Governor. The Magistrate assumes the powers of the Governor over the Guard, if the Governor is unable to command.
11) The Magistrate can take command of the town guard in case of an emergency if the captain of the guard is absent, if agreed upon with the acting Governor.

• Article Three: Suburbs of Troll's Bane
1) The land outside of Troll's Bane makes up and constitutes the areas known as the Suburbs. They are titled by the following: Northbridge, Eastmark, Midlands, Oakwoodshire, Riverside, and Athen.
2) Leasers of the suburbs may change the name of the estate to their liking at the discretion of the Governor.
3) Leasers of the suburbs can be stripped of their rights to the land if they are to break the laws of the town or the contract.
4) New estates may be annexed at the discretion of the neighboring suburbs and the citizen base.
5) Suburbs may not harbor criminals within their lands at any times. If they fail to adhere to this clause, they will be subject to arrest and their rights to the land stripped from them.
6) Members of the respective suburbs may take on any title that they wish. They have the right to make small brigades to protect their lands and keep out outside forces.
7) Leaders of estates may call on the aid of Troll's Bane's armed forces in times of need.
8.) Suburbs have the right to request financial aide from the Town of Troll's Bane.
9) A suburb may not, at any time, attempt to secede from the Town of Troll's Bane.

• Article Four: Religion in Troll's Bane
1.) The Archbishop of Troll's Bane is the Head and religious representative of Troll's Bane, he has the duty to look after the spiritual welfare of all souls on Gobaith .
a.) The Archbishop enjoys a position as spiritual adviser to the throne of Troll's Bane.
b.)The Archbishop has a duty to combat heresy, error and nonreligious subjects of the island.
2.) All land belonging in some manner to the Archbishop's person shall be known as the Archbishopric.
3.) Within all land belonging temporally or spiritually to the Archbishop he has the authority to decree morally-binding laws on anything which shall be considered a spiritual matter, he shall have the authority to judge and execute punishment for these spiritual crimes within religious courts appointed by himself. These laws may not contradict the rightful laws of any land, nor may he presume to punish crimes unrelated to spiritual matters; within the city walls such laws must be approved by the Governor.
4.) He shall have the power to call to himself a militia for religious purposes only, though this may not be used for aggressive campaigns against Troll's Bane or its allies.
5.) The Archbishop, though being directly in control of the spiritual administration of Gobaith, shall have the power to appoint and delegate others to assist him in his tasks as he sees fit.
6.) So long as the Archbishop does not interfere with the rightful governance of Troll's Bane or its surrounding estates, he shall have peace to go about his own business and be granted protection by that same government.
7.) Only a male over the age of thirty may become Archbishop, women are forbidden from so doing.
8.) The government of Troll's Bane maintains the right to remove the Archbishop from his position, should he break the terms of his agreement.
9.) All lands of this righteous religious movement are territories of Troll's Bane, though under the subordinate and uninterfered governance of the Archbishop, and any attempt to cede this lands from Troll's Bane will result in the termination of this contract.
10.)The Archbishop is under no circumstances, while retaining his episcopal office, to take supreme leadership of the city. He is not to pursue governmental office, nor to incite rebellion so as to have himself placed in governmental office.
11.) This contract may not be terminated, edited, abridged or re-worded without the express written consent of all the signatories, unless one of the parties break the terms of the agreement and in doing so render it null and void.

• Article Four: Amending this Document
1) A Governor may, in times of social change made amendments to the structure of this contract.
2) A Governor cannot change the words of this document without the consent and knowledge of the citizen base.
3) The Governor of Troll's Bane is the only Governmental official who holds the right to hold or make revisions to the foundation of this document.
4) A Governor found to breaking any of the above clauses will instantly be guilty for an act of treason.

• _____________________________________________________________________________________
And so, with sound mind and body, we shall all place our honor, hope, and minds into the formation of this document. Hopefully, though the years may bring many different seasons, and many different faces, the words that we have agreed to will continue to stand as a testament to freedom and the turmoil of Troll's Bane government behind us.
                    • [list]Signatories
                [/i][/size][/b]
          [/color]
[/list]

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

In accordance with clause two of Act Five of the Articles of Troll's Bane, I'm going to publicly reveal two new articles for establishment. If anyone wishes to debate it or prevent its passing, you have five dwarven days to do so before it's integrated into the Articles.

13)The Government may not, at any time during a peaceful reign, request or enforce taxation on a regular citizen who is not bonded to such by a contract signed with the said Government. Should the town be at war, donations from the citizens will be requested, yet not enforced, in order to preserve not only the Government in place but the way of life for the citizen base. Donations would include, but are not limited to: Food items, such as fruits, berries, and non-perishable food items, as well as small quantities of money for the effort, and weapons and armor for the defense of the town. A citizen who donates a large amount to the town during such dark unforeseen times may apply for a reimbursement from the Government at the conclusion of said conflict.
12) It is the solemn right of the Citizens of Troll's Bane to peacefully protest a unjust Government. They may hold rallies and any displays of public dissatisfaction. They cannot however, forcefully remove a Governor from his seat or conspire to do so. This would include any acts of treason, any attempts to poison, violently coerce, or physically harm an individual to step down from office. Large conspiracies such as full scale building of insurgent groups meant for the destruction of the Government will not be tolerated.
I also wished to announce a new act that further improves the options and available assets that land owners have within Troll's Bane. Hopefully this will serve to help further infrastructure development within the town and make Troll's Bane not just the centre of the island, but also of architecture within our small island. Please do not confuse this as a simple rewrite of the previous Act I signed. This Act helps owners rebuild from unforeseen accidents, while the other grants citizens the right to loan money from the Government for the sole purpose of building new structures and making renovations.
Troll's Bane Land Restoration Act

Troll's Bane will henceforth supply financial aide to all land owners who apply for such, in the event of a accident involving destruction of one's property by flame, natural causes, or the unfortunate circumstances of war. Each applicant for a loan must meet. but are not limited to the following requirements:

1) They must be a citizen of Troll's Bane and own land.
2) They must be an upstanding individual with a honest and well designed plan to restore the land to it's original form.
3) They must understand that upon signing a document detailing their agreement to a loan, they are bound to the contents of that contract. They must make the proper restoration to their piece of land within the first dwarven month of the loan, or they'll be requested to return the loan upon the day a month has passed, perform the restoration then, or be subject to arrest.
4) Anyone found to be using the money for anything other then the restoration of their land are immediately eligible for a punishment to the fullest extent of the law.
Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

It seems there has been an extreme insurgency that has rained supreme throughout our streets the past few weeks. These ideas that have sunk to the bottoms of the murky water of Troll's Bane and settled, those of political direst and strife, have hardly seen the light of day since my inception as Governor of Troll's Bane. However, the only blame can be placed upon my weighty shoulders, for I allowed the collective minds enough material to pick up a stick and stir those thoughts back to the surface. For that I am sorry.

I am sorry for abusing my power to certain extents, by jailing those who could have been best served with lesser punishments. However, the high profile targets that have been arrested will not receive a public apology here. Velisai was a mistake that I have admitted many times in the past, but none of the other jailings were done out of turn.

You may now know about the jailing of Altrix, and if you do not, then I guess this is the best place of any to announce it. He is a man that screams with confidence and his goblet is almost always bursting to the brim with delusions of perceived honor and supremacy to others. Kar'armak and I gave him all the power that we could, in order for him to help us protect the town from the threats that faced us. Instead, he back stabbed us and conspired behind our backs about becoming the next Governor. His desire for power has been snuffed out and his dishonorable actions have been exposed.

He could have easily came to us and told us that people disliked our way of running things. He could have came to us with honor. He could have looked us in the eyes and told us that he was involved in a plot to remove us from power. Instead he was a coward and did this behind our backs, and now he lays in the jail a coward. His trial will be soon.

Have I not been a relatively prolific Governor? I wrote a constitution to help the citizens of Troll's Bane and those of future generations. I gave all of you abilities no other Governor has done in the past. I made a strict law system, land ownership, and passed several bills to keep citizens from poverty. I spent countless hours and my own money building the town's treasury to a number it has never reached by past Governors before me. I made a universal food bank for our citizens. My reign has been one of contracts, and secret dealings. I understand this.

But you must understand that the secrecy was to protect you from the truth. The truth was that there were groups I repealed with my voice alone, instead of risking innocent Troll's Bane lives. There were many groups I held at bay with merely my tongue. We defeated the LBA, and the temple has not had a foothold in Troll's Bane for the entire existence of my reign. I've helped Tol Vanima in their times of direst, and kept the town from being defeated from Netharia. I made a promise to a dying man, and I still intend to keep it that way.

But you repay me with a steaming pile of horse shat. Today, there was a large demonstration outside the jailhouse from a select group of people who always seem to be behind these types of things. I could have easily arrested everyone there. Instead I listened to them and I intend to digest their words and become a better example as a Governor. However, two people were arrested for crimes that committed while the rest in attendance exhibited peaceful protect.

The elfess going by the name of Jairya has been jailed for arson and treason. Altrix told us her name, just as he betrayed everyone else that was apart of the "revolution". We now know everyone, down to the most basic words of dislike for me that Altrix heard. Your choice for future Governor ratted (ironic, eh?) everyone of you out for his freedom. Were already watching Jariya closely for any signs of this being true. We are not going to jail you because you are apart of a revolution. We will jail you for crimes. Peaceful protest is not prohibited. It serves as only a minor annoyance and I actually wish the annoyance, for it helps me to do my job. However, let this be an example.

Attempt to do anything to harm the town and you will be punished.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I received quite a shocking dove upon my arousal from slumber this morning, and I thought I'd share the same shock mutually with my citizens:
Varrin,

I have Mlara in my care. It will please you to know that she is safe, well fed, and warm.

All I ask for is 2000 silver coins and the freedom of the political prisoner.

-Mr. Black
Is this really what the island has come to? You can't beat me by political means, you can't beat me by the usage of words, and you can't surely beat me by swords, so you resort to the cowardly actions of kidnapping my blood? I hope that whoever is doing this is quite pleased with themselves. Either way, I intend to stand by my words, stand by the things I put in place in order to make a precedent of the Governor role for future generations. I will not succumb to these threats, and as much as it pains me to say this, I am restricted from acting. A Governor must never allow personal nuisances to come into effect with his job.

As stated by the Articles of Troll's Bane:

8 )The Governor of Troll's Bane cannot accept brides of outsider forces on a personal level. A Governor may not use the Troll's Bane treasury to pay for the ransom of a sibling or family member. A Governor may not sign coerced documents that give certain individuals leadership of the town or accept randoms that state such, even if it means the death of a loved one.
However, you've indeed made this situation personal and in doing so, lit one huge fire under the ass of Mister Varrin. No longer will I play nice. No longer will I simply restrict the freedoms of those who are guilty of crimes. Nothing states that I cannot come after you with all the fury that I possess. In light of these recent events, and in respect to the growing hostility, I've enacted the following measure outlined under the Articles of Troll's Bane:
6) The Governor and more importantly, the Government of Troll's Bane may not be overturned by an aggressive campaign. It is the right of the citizens to try to come to a compromise with the Governor on certain issues. However, an aggressive campaign to kill, murder, and overthrow the Government will be met with a staunch resistance on the Government's part.
  • - It is the duty of the Governor and the Government to retake the Town of Troll's Bane should it be overthrown by outsider forces.
    - It is the duty of the Governor and the Government to refuse to allow bandits, the Temple, or an outsider force from the Mainland to continue to hold dominion over the Town.
    - If these harsh times ever pass, the Government of Troll's Bane has the right to annex land near to Troll's Bane or a suburb in itself to act as a stepping block to retaking the town.
The Government of Troll's Bane, and it's allies hereby take control of the Suburbs known as Southfields for use if the town is overtaken by an aggressive enemy. My pockets are deep and will be used for the protection of the town as they should be, not for the protection of those close to me. I hereby offer 100 silvers to all those who wish to fight under the Troll's Bane banner against these rebels, with extra bonuses of 100 silvers for services rendered and other duties that you will perform. Those already in the Army of Gobaith will receive an extra 50 silver coins.

Again, I thank you for the fire, my friends.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Darkness

Post by Darkness »

Varrin,

Call me cowardly, foolish, weak, arrogant or whatever you will. I only call it necessary.

You say one thing then contradict yourself in the next breath, however personal or not on your end it does not change the situation. We can make this easy on the both of us. You know what I want and what I'm willing to do to get it. You have both the resources and any implied authority to resolve the situation.

But perhaps I can even save you some coin. All I ask now is 1000 silver coins and the freedom of Altrix. It'll cost you more to find us, and we both know the time could be better spent.

Enjoy the heat

-Mr. Black
Lemontwist

ooc

Post by Lemontwist »

(removed.)
Last edited by Lemontwist on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness

Post by Darkness »

The Mighty, Honorable, Exalted Above All, Governor Elijah Varrin,

I can see that the only blood you truly care about is your own, and are actually willing to give up your daughter not for freedom, honor, safety, or whatever else you can claim, but only for your own pride.

I hope this will shed a light to anyone of what your true colors are. Your selfish thirst for power has left you drunk. I can honestly say that I feel terribly sorry for Mlara for having any relation to you, a father who cares more about entrenching his own position than his own daughter.

Either way I have released Mlara. You can come get me now but I'm not there.

-Mr. Black
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

A small, but officially attired man nails up a parchment on the board then whistles loudly and begins to shout in order to draw attention to the notice. “Official jail business!!”
The prisoner Jaiyra has made a full confession.
She will receive her punishment on 17. Ronas 32.
All interested may come to witness.
(( Tuesday when all can be in game together. An update will be posted for the time and location or a rain date, if needed. ))
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

*an official from the government posts a parchment on the board then blows a horn loudly and shouts to attract attention to the notice*
The elfess Jaiyra has been flogged in accordance with the punishment determined by the Magistrate. She has now been released from prison and is free to remain in Troll’s Bane provided she does not participate in any insurgency.
Elijah

Re: Notifications of the Town of Trolls Bane

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

The Government of Troll's Bane is hereby opening its doors to a new position that is quite needed in these times. Like the position the Governor himself once held, the Town of Troll's Bane is in need of public relation emissaries or Envoys to do small tasks for the Government. The position will be paid, and applicants who are hired will have a chance for furthering their role in the Government, food, and general upkeep at the expense of the Government.

Send all applications to the Governor.

Signed,
The Administration of Varrin
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Perhaps you should make an offer to a knighthood that has gone quite due to lack of work. How could you go wrong?

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Dain Laiden has been promoted effective immediately to the position of Town Guard Captain, due to the constant inactivity of the previous one and the decay of the guard. He has the same abilities and authority as any before him, and hopefully this will usher in a new era of Town Guard activity that has only been flirted with under my rule.

Reynald of Aldabar has been accepted as an Envoy of Troll's Bane, and Shandra is performing similar duties.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Be greeted Trolls Bane

Today I acquired a Pirate map and asked for some assistance from The Orc Skull Fed and the elfess, Anaya. Skull insisted on reading the map so I let him. He then persisted in leading me in the middle of no where. When I became un comfortable I asked for the map back and He said "Here is your map" and he dug it and ran. I survived onyl to find him and Anay a little ways off fighting the monsters. So I refused to leave until I got my treasure. Skull then told me he was going to kill me and attacked me with a magic weapon. He beat me as I tried to run from him. I saw in Anayas on eyes that she did not care at all for she looked at us and shruged. Not only that but weirdly the Skeletons were talking to these too like normal beings. I think these two are into some dark stuff and this matter needs to be attended to

Grovestrider Fleta Ross, Former Town guard member and Page of the Knighthood of Gobiath.
Skull'Fed

Post by Skull'Fed »

Meh would like ta say dhat meh hab been insulted and hab been annoyed by dha stupiditeh ob Fleta Ross...dhat why meh atacked. Meh beh very peacefull orc otherwise. Also...dhis happened on neutral territory an cannot be punished under law by trolls bane, jus sayin...

Meh like Bane and meh wuld nebbah atack sumeone dhat stupid on such a beautifull land.

~Skull'Fed
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

It does not matter where one was attacked.
And you should know better to control your temper. We can not have someone walking around Bane like a loose cannon ready to kill someone just cause they get on their nerves. Cause Ushara knows there are plenty of Annoying people in Bane. I say this makes you a threat and you should be forced to seek couceling. You started the insult so I shot one back, like a normal person. Also Strangely The red skeletons were speaking to you. I sense some dark stuff. Yes I know what your thinking "But Skull has always been a good Orc" Yes I thought that too, hence why I trusted him to help me on the map. I have done countless of maps with him. But let it be known that there are far more things than that which meets the eye.

~ Fleta Ross~
Skull'Fed

Post by Skull'Fed »

Skull'Fed facepalms as he reads the note.
zda

Post by zda »

*a man walks up and reads the last few parchments leaves a note*

Actually it does matter were you were attacked miss fleta ross. if it was not inside trolls banes territory
trolls bane can not charge him with a crime unless he did it inside the territory of trolls bane

Unsigned
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Who is this that leaves this parchment unsigned? Scared of letting me know who you are. And yes it does matter to a degree. What I ment was whether it was in Banes walls or not he still attacked me, he is still dangerous. So thanks anyways for your concern.

And I may note that he was a very annoying and rude company. But no I did not threaten to kill him. As much as I may have wanted or not. I know that blood shed over a silly little map is childs play.

~FR~
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Elijah Varrin,

I want my silvers back. Your out of control guard Hew decided to beat a defenseless, unarmed woman into a bloody pulp. At no point did Leva threaten him or anybody when Hew drew his blades and attacked her in the street. Is that all the guards learn to do to handle a situation, draw and kill? When I insisted he stop he fined me 10 silver coins!
I'm shocked to see this happen in the wake of your recent celebration.

Darian Estiel
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

A lizard reads the notifications, wild grin growing on his face.

Fleta,
I've known Skull for longer than I have you, he wouldn't attack anyone unless there was a good reason to. It's safe to assume that we're only hearing yer side of the story or there's something important missing.
I contrast yerr morals with my own by saying it's NOT normal to insult someone who insults you. You can always gain the intellectual upper hand by not sinking to your opponent's level.
I've talked to dead things before, does that make me a necromancer or practiser of dark arts? I doubt it. Talking dead can be met by chance.
I'm not saying Skull is perfectly innocent, I'm interested in hearing his side of the story but this is obviously not the place to discuss it. Get in contact with the guard or something. I expected more professionalism from a page.

Darian,
Leva's known to not follow orders and taunt everything that moves, even demons. I think it's more likely that she refused to be removed from the town, as I understand she's under a ban, and you were disturbing law enforcement.

- S'rrt
Dantagon Marescot

A professional page, now that is a concept. I almost wonder if some people make it their goal in life to move no further.

I believe the problems involving Skullfed were dealt with back in the summer and now a wintery chill has set in. I am sure the ever absent (I could have sworn I read laws about that), governor will clue you in as to an event happening 2 dwarven months ago.

Sir Dan
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

The word is professionalism, something all knights would do well to practise.

Have a Nice Day,
Orren Padick
Dantagon Marescot

Dan gazes to Orren's message. He rolls his eyes and writes something underneath the signature, obviously in his hand writing.

As you would do from a sense of humor.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A small note is attached to the eastern gate, though it's evident to all who pass.

Addressed to the bandits who have recently stalked our people,

I would personally like to meet you to discuss your recent actions. Enough scars on my body can attest to the fact that speaking to aggressors is a beautiful and flawless solution to many problems. I shall come alone and due to the absence of a jail and the fact that I'm not a murderer, you should be void of worry for either possibilities. Of course, this is merely a precaution I'm taking so that I do not have to pursue you with the same fury I typically use to resolve such issues. I eagerly await your reply and to meet face to face.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Silas Farron has gained ownership of the small house south of the Seahorse. He is free to do with it as he chooses as long as he abides by the Law of Troll's Bane.

Any conflicts with this or any other matter can be addressed directly to me.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

A lizard puts up a note written in common.

This is a message from Drillmaster RedSkull Jag, First Smasher of the big human town, and Triumphador of the last tournament. He hails from the clan of the superior green skin race on the North of Gobiath.

Everyone one who thinks they can enter the holy mountain and the holy land of the clan of the North without permission will immediately lose their head, because it seems they don't need it. Otherwise they wouldn't break the law of the superior green skin race.

Permission is only given by the Great Chief, The Almighty Warlord, The Blessed Shaman or any orc with the rank of RedSkull of the Clan of the North.

This is the order of the all powerful and mighty Chief, Lokhum Murgo!

Translated and written by Kaidan Firestone, Recruit Of The Town Guard
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

After nearly nine dwarven months of leadership, I've finally decided to listen to the people of this fair town. I believe an overwhelming majority no longer see me at the helm of this fair town as being a good thing, so it's in the best interest of Troll's Bane to step down. On this day, 21st of Chos, Year 32, I officially announce my resignation as Governor of Troll's Bane.

My last acting move will be to place Joxia Doral in the role. All questions, concerns, and arguments against or dealing with this move and the future of our fair town can be directed to her. I look to a future where my life is simple. A life void of the pressure of such a tremendous role and burden that I held for such a long time. However, I must admit that I envision unforeseen events that the town and its people, as well as its new leader, must stand ready for.

I wish to say sorry to all those who I've let down recently. Most importantly, I wish to say sorry to my dear friend and the entire reason I ever graced this role, Edric Galthor. If only my administration would have been as just and fair as yours was. I'm sorry for letting your dying wish go unfulfilled. It's fairly apparent that I am a failure.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

Tis a damn shame, mister governor. I for one, thought your leadership was pretty swell.

I wish you a happier time in retirement.

~Rogan Thorgrim
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Seconding what Rogan wrote. I never perceived you as a failure, mister Varrin. You were always kind and understanding even toward a lowly lizard such as myself. You weren't reckless, at least from what I saw, and I liked that. I wish you a happy retirement as well.
P.S. Drop me a dove if you wish to sit down for a drink. Or sibby.

- S'rrt K'shire