Notifications of the Town of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings,

In order to create a more diversified town and active place for our citizens to dwell, as well as stimulate the treasury.. I was approached by a few citizens today and accepted their ideas. Anon, the Captain of the Guard and his elven vixen wish to own West Strand, renaming it Athen after his family. They'll bring some life and energy back to the empty and inactive corner of our town. Also, Velisai and Orioli have become their neighbours, buying Oakwoodshire. They plan to preserve the ancient forest there and build their own humble house.

The contracts will be posted below. Also, please be reminded that there is a guard and town meeting tomorrow.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

The following contract constitutes a lease of the estate known as West Strand to Anon D'Athen and Taiah Daekash, should they agree and follow the terms of the contract below. The estate known as West Strand shall remain a territory of Trolls Bane and any attempt to cede from Trolls Bane will automatically make this contract void. The leaser is permitted to use the property as he wishes as long as he accepts and follows the laws and rule of Trolls bane. The land will only be re-seized by Troll's Bane should the user become inactive or commit a crime of extremely high proportions.

Tax shall be issued at the flat rate of ten silvers for the first dwarven month and be subjected to change after that, at the discretion of the government of Trollsbane. The leaser shall be informed and permitted to appeal should the tax rate be changed. In order to combat inactivity, should the owner go three dwarven months without paying taxes, the land will be returned to Trollsbane, and the lease will be canceled.

Both parties agree to these terms and are bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Anon D'Athen
Captain of the Trollsbane TownGuard

Signed,
Taiah Daekash
Caiah Daekash.
The following contract constitutes a lease of the estate known as Oakwoodshire to Velisai and Orioli Shaldra, should they agree and follow the terms of the contract below. The estate known as Oakwoodshire shall remain a territory of Trolls Bane and any attempt to cede from Trolls Bane will automatically make this contract void. The leaser is permitted to use the property as they wishes as long as they accept and follow the laws and rule of Trolls bane. The land will only be re-seized by Troll's Bane should the user become inactive or commit a crime of extremely high proportions.

Tax shall be issued at the flat rate of ten silvers for the first dwarven month and be subjected to change after that, at the discretion of the government of Trolls bane. The leaser shall be informed and permitted to appeal should the tax rate be changed. In order to combat inactivity, should the owner go three dwarven months without paying taxes, the land will be returned to Troll sbane, and the lease will be canceled.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Velisai

Signed,
Orioli Shaldra
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

The Chamber of Commerce would like to welcome all our new owners to the suburbs of West Strand and Oakwoodshire! What a wonderful development for Trollsbane!

In celebration of this, we also extend a credit of 100 Silvers to both the communities of West Strand and Oakwoodshire to help get you started.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please ask.

Thank you and welcome to the suburbs!
~Bernie Bottoms Littlethorn
~Chairman, Chamber of Commerce

PS - We didn't forget about Riverside, however there is no 'contract' with them. We will also extend credit to the owner "Darius Kain" of Riverside as well. Welcome!
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens,

If anyone has heard me speak in the last few weeks, I've consistently stressed the need for more income to further strengthen the town treasury so that I can put in place some of the ideas that I have in mind. The Town of Troll's Bane is richer than most and due to the fact that most of it's sitting idly in the depot, I must put it at work for the good of the people. I've been open about my research into the field of Troll's Bane politics in the past, and I know that rarely has the town put to use the great many opportunities that come with it's wealth.

Because of this, I've decided to reform how the town treats the poor. In the past, it seems that we've had noble systems and a select group of people who tend to hold themselves highly upon this island we all share as a home. These new reforms probably won't completely change that, but they'll certainly help remove the poor from the streets and give them a warm meal.

These reforms will create jobs in Troll's Bane and perhaps through the exchanging of coin, help to stimulate the economy.

The Troll's Bane Assistance Act:

1.) All citizens of Bane are eligible for the benefits of these reforms, so long as they fit one* of the basic requirements.
a.) An unwed applicant must not be employed within an organization that pays them more than the amount offered by the town.
b.) A wedded applicant who is employed and yet can prove that these funds are insufficient enough to provide for his family.
c.) Must be of sound moral character and have good standing with the Town of Troll's Bane throughout their course through the Welfare system.*
d.) An applicant who has recently been terminated of his duties with any job.
e.) All disabled or elderly individuals who are found to be of honesty are automatically eligible.*
2.) All citizens of Bane who are eligible for Social Welfare will be granted upwards of ten silvers a dwarven month for a maximum of five dwarven months, should they continue to seek employment.
3.) All applicants must actively seek employment with the close guidance and assistance of Troll's Bane. Should they gain employment while under the benefits of this system, they will continue to receive payment until they gain enough money to sustain themselves.
4.) Applicants who are able to read and write legibly will be able to fulfill small positions within the Troll's Bane government writing documents.
5.) Applicants who are not able to find employment by the end of their first dwarven month with a third organization will be given small roles and tasks by the Town of Troll's Bane. These will lead to more income then the Social Welfare provides.
6.) The Government of Troll's Bane holds the right to halt any payment to any citizen should they find reasonable cause that they are exploiting the system for their own personal gain.
7.) All citizens of Bane are eligible to the "Food Bank" and it's contents. This bank will be made up of largely donations and a small portion will be funded by the Government of Bane.
8.) Clothing and garments will be provided for protection from the elements. Shelter in the worst cases will be provided, should it be available.
9.) Free medical attention and proper appointments will be scheduled with all applicants who are children, elderly, or disabled. The extremely ill are also covered.
10.) An applicant who legally occupies property within the towns walls is eligible for one months rent at the expense of Troll's Bane. This privilege however, can only be used once.
11.) All applicants will be treated with utmost respect and these transactions will be done as discreetly as possible.

*These clauses are absolute requirements and cannot be avoided.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Hopefully with the strong support of the island, incoming any third party guild and the new presence of religious factions on our island, these reforms will blossom into something we can all be proud of. I've currently trying my hardest to build up the food bank and I've already worked the town's financial calendar to fit this new bill in.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Seori

Post by Seori »

NHC who has long run a Food Bank heralds this charitable change in the town government. We at NHC have long been praying for compassionate hearts in our leaders. Thank you to the divine for bringing this about! May this turning over a new leaf be the start of a greater reformation that will see the town government increasingly treat her citizens with more love by placing the needs of the people first!
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~Bernie read the note from NHC and rolls his eyes~

Well, on a more 'practical' note, The "Chamber" will gladly work with you to provide jobs, money and even the Food you requre.

The Jobs we offer range from simple 'collection' jobs to more 'skilled' processing jobs. We pride ourselves to find a job for anyone. All they need is the will to work and the jobs will pay well. They will even be 'supervised' in the Town of their own choosing.

The Money we offer will be in the form of taxes and rent. We would like to rent the Kitchen at the Seahorse again (the gates are locked), but we would also like to sponsor an apartment as well. If Trollsbane pays the first month, we'll pay the second and this way, be able to 'transition' the person to a respectable member of Society.

The Food we offer comes from our own charity "Famine Fund". We will donate 250 Loaves of bread and 500 Smoked Fish to this cause. We have already promised 100 loaves to the Archbishop, so I hope you'll work with him in this as well for he wishes to help the poor too with clothing and food.

We hope these points will offer a 'practical' solution to help the people of Trollsbane in a positive fashion. We also hope you'll think of us, The "Chamber of Commerce" when you make your choices to find jobs. We are a part of Trollsbane and are happy to be partners with you in this new "Welfare" system.

Thank you,
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

There is a parchment added to the bottom in part cursive writing and part block letter format as if the person had just recently learned to read and write.

The Free Druids will always be available to help those in need. Sometimes we may be found in the forests, yet sometimes are at the hospital.

The parchment is stamped with the insignia of the Free Druids twice. The first time is slightly crooked as if the stamp wasn't straight, the second time over the first and much straighter.

~Free Druids~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens of Bane,

It has been quite some time since I've heard any rumors regarding the demi-goddess that plagued our island. Either she is silently waiting to strike when we least expect it, or she has lost her ability to dwell in the mortal realm. The Town of Troll's Bane will always stay diligent against this threat and will never lay its guard down.

However, the Town of Troll's Bane is offering the former followers of this cult a chance to rid themselves of the Netharian taint. A private meeting may be made with me and a priest of my choosing. They'll cleanse your body of this disease and maybe through the years, and the seasons that pass, you'll one day be able to reintegrate yourself safely back into society.

Also, someone noted to me the other day the high number of contracts that have been signed and pinned under my reign. If anyone seems to have a problem with this, then I can only make it clear that many more will be signed in the future. My plan is to try to put as much as I can in writing. I've dealt with the confusion of land ownership that swirled within the town in the past, and hopefully with contracts that are well wrote, citizens in the future will have no problem telling who owns what where. I understand I can't guarantee something past my reign, but it certainly helps my successor/s do their jobs.

Because a great majority of my plans and future announcements stand to benefit the citizens of Troll's Bane, I don't see why it shouldn't include their voice. That is why I'm offering all citizens of Bane, or those who call it their home, a chance to shape it's future. By sending me a dove, finding me in person, or requesting a private meeting, I'll listen closely to your concerns and any advice you can give. I will promise to give my entire effort and ability towards looking over your proposals and hopefully integrating them into the political environment of Troll's Bane.

I'd also like to announce that Artimer Fault has rented the second apartment in Troll's Bane. He has paid 30 silvers in taxes in advance for the ability to call it home. Also, the Chamber of Commerce has officially handed over the keys to the guild hall in Bane. It is now open for rent.

With best wishes,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

A single contract is now pinned under the above parchment.
The following contract constitutes a lease of the Seahorse Inn to Whisper, should he agree and follow the terms of the contract below. The Inn known as the Seahorse shall remain under the ownership of Trolls Bane despite it's new lease. The leaser is allowed to do with the land as he wishes as long as they respect and follow the laws of the Town.

Tax shall be issued at a rate of ten percent of the profits made for the first dwarven month and be subjected to change, after the consultation of the active Governor and the owner himself. In order to combat inactivity, should the owner go three dwarven months without paying taxes, the land will be re-seized by Trolls Bane and the town is then free to do with it what they choose.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Whisper of Trolls Bane.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Though there seems to be a lot of internal turmoil in our lands these days, and luckily for us it isn't caused by anything more serious then guild relations, I still have a job to do. I just want you to know, I'm going to continue to strive to make the town a better and more peaceful place. Because I am the Governor of Troll's Bane, I think it's best if I do give myself a treat every once and a while and relieve some duties from my already weighted shoulders.

Because of this, I've installed Inquisitor Kar'armak as the Magistrate of Troll's Bane. He'll conduct justice upon the accused, make sure the laws of Troll's Bane are upheld, and cite infractions should he see them being abused. He has the full authority to place bans, jailings, and even fines as long as they are constrained to the guidelines set. Because he is a holy man, I hardly doubt that his rulings will be unjust. If they do prove to be out of line here or there, an appeal can be made with me.

I've also accepted Orteg as Guardian of Troll's Bane. With this position, he'll oversee the safety of not only the town, but the lands outside it. His position will be later detailed when I am able to find time. The descriptions of both the Magistrate and the Guardian of Troll's Bane will be made viewable to all, so we'll all know should anyone out step their lines.

I've also renewed and made a more updated contract with the Knighthood of Gobaith. Bringing us closer to our neighbours, who strive for peace and safety for our citizens just as much as I do only stands to better our settlement. I've also added my signature to the contract of Stoneridge, hopefully strengthening the legitimacy of those words.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

A single contract now hangs on the wall.
The Contract between the Knighthood of Gobaith and Troll's Bane

The Knighthood of Gobaith has in the past, served the Town of Troll's Bane through it's darkest hours. Because of this, it comes a time to put it into writing what they've already striven to do since their inception. The Knighthood of Gobaith now have official rights to conduct justice on the borders and territories of Bane. They will be given the right to ban members from the Town and lands outside the walls for up to thirty days, with the prior consent of the Governor of Guard Captain.

They have the right to withdraw their swords in town, if the justification is there. They will be given keys to the jail and be able to hold or jail criminals for a period of two dwarven weeks. Troll's Bane will have the rights to call for the knighthood's services as long as the intentions are right and just. These would include the safety of Troll's Bane against outside influences and if Troll's Bane interferes into outside matters that concern the safety and well being of another settlement.

The Knighthood exhibits free will with this contract. They are allowed to absolve the contract at any time, if they feel that their services are being used wrongly and unjustly.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Bregor Ayun
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings citizens,

With a humble heart I have accepted the position offered to me by the honorable Governor Elijah Varrin, and I shall be starting my work immediately. I promise to be a just Magistrate, to uphold the town's laws and the honor of the Gods. I shall act as a shield for all those in need, and as a flaming sword for those that consider themselves above the law. Justice shall be done.

Please note these notifications regarding trials, justice and proceedings:
  • - From this day forward, this board shall also contain all the accusations that have been made. From the day of the posting, the accused has 3 dwarven days to seek an audience with me, before he is declared outlaw, arrested by the guard, and brought before me in chains.
    - Any citizen of Trolls Bane can send an accusation to me. These shall be evaluated carefully and both parties, both the accuser and the accused, shall be called for a hearing.
    - If accused of a serious crime, a trial shall be held to carefully deliver justice. For the duration of this trial, the suspect shall be housed in the town's jail.
    - Lies shall not be tolerated. Anyone bearing false witness during a trial, or any other justice related proceedings, shall be punished harshly.
    - Any and all accused, suspected of holding vital information to an investigation, shall be 'put to the question', by myself or other qualified offcial, with the assistance of the guard, until the said confession has been extracted. Note that this shall be used only in serious cases, such as treason and organised crime.
    - The condemned to death, shall be executed publicly, in the town square, either by beheading or hanging, so that others may learn from their crimes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As my first act, I hereby accuse Bernie Bottoms of Defamation of a town's official, accordingly to article I, paragraph D, of the law.

D. Defamation
Anyone who purposely initiates and spreads wrong claims to harm the public image or another or to gain a personal benefit from doing so commits a crime in terms of the law. The crime is especially grave if it involves unfounded accusations againt someone in the government or guard without proper representation. Only citizens, guards and others in position of authority are protected from this type of crime.
Signed,
High Inquisitor Kar'armak
Magistrate of Troll's Bane
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings.

In the trial of the Town of Trolls Bane against Mister Bernie Bottoms, the accused as pleaded guilty. Maximum punished has been stated to the round of a fee of 30 silvers and 4 days in jail.

In the trial of Orteg versus Mister Bernie Bottoms, where the latter has been accused of the thievery of a large sum of money, the accused has been found guilty. Upon refusing refunding the sum of money, Bernie Bottoms has been sentenced to 28 days in jail. However, after the testimony of mister Jym, and through the benevolence of the Governor, the sentence has been reduced by 10 days.

As result of both trials, Mister Bernie Bottoms has payed a fine of 30 silvers and shall spend a total of 22 dwarven days in the town's jail. ((22 august ))

Best regards,
- Magistrate Kar'armak
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A small boy is seen happily running through town, a silver coin proudly in hand. In the other, he carries a parchment with the familiar seal and handwriting of Elijah Varrin.

Be greeted citizens of Bane,

Today circumstances have arose and passed that I have long since went without sleep over, and dreaded of happening. An attempt was made on my life. I was asked very nicely for a meeting with Athian Corulas, who I had little reason not to trust. Upon entering the library, I was greeted with a mace straight in my ribs and a number of them followed. The only reason I am able to write this message to you, the humble inhabitants of this great and fair city, is because of the good graces and the actions of Athian.

He defended me against this bandit and was able to completely rid him useless, effectively ending his life. A bag was retrieved from the the bandit's corpse and revealing evidence was contained therein. I wish to thank Mark Strongarm, the Magistrate, Lady Cyram, and Athian for their help in getting me to a disclosed location and helping to keep me breathing.

Though my life has been threatened today, I will strive to make a full recovery and continue to work towards the goal of re-leading this town towards prosperity. I am currently doing fine, if anyone wishes to know, despite the many injuries that I succumbed to today. The Town of Troll's Bane shall be put on high alert due to these actions and the fact that a known bandit picked the lock of the jail last night in an apparent attempt to release Bernie Bottoms.

I only wish to let it be known to all those fools out there who think it's part of their destiny for their blades to taste the blood of a leader, that I will not take this laying down. The town of Troll's Bane has had too many leaders fall to ignorant plots for power and I will not let the same befall me. Your feeble attempts to end my life has only opened my eyes to the real possibility and though I might not look it, I can become quite furious when bitten.

Because of this, I have taken it upon myself as my own personal goal to hunt down and destroy every last one of this "Legitimate Businessman's Association's" members and affiliates. Your actions against the innocent in Tol Vanima, and now against the Town of Troll's Bane have been looked over for far too long. You may be able to hide, but I can promise you, I will find every last one of you.

Bernie Bottoms is another story, his actions in the past have left me no choice, I will not be a Governor minus a backbone any longer. Due to his attitude towards me in the past and the new evidence that I have been presented with, Bernie Bottoms is hereby suspected for the following crimes: Conspiracy to commit a crime, Treason, assault, being involved in organized crime, and being a willing complicit to attempted murder.

I ask all citizens with questions regarding these charges to please wait until the trial when enough evidence will be provided to qualm any confusion.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

I, Jym Goldman, have been requested as council for the accused Bernie Bottoms in the upcoming trial. Mr. Bottoms has been accused of Conspiracy to commit a crime, Treason, assault, being involved in organized crime, and being a willing complicit to attempted murder.
I demand to be given all evidence against my client at least one week before the trial date in order to be able to review it and prepare a defense for the accused. I also will need a witness list of all that plan to testify in this trial. A fair trial cannot be held if such demands are not met.
I also demand that a non-partial guard be present at this trial. This is for the safety of all attending.

Council for Bernie Bottoms,
Jym Goldman
Seori

Post by Seori »

I will stand as witness to Bernie's innocence in this matter. For the trial, I will not be physically present as I will preoccupied at the Abbey with charitable duties. In my stead, I hereby submit a written and signed witness testimony:

At the time of the incidents in question, I was visiting Mr. Bernie in his cell, and I personally saw him behind the prison bars.

Signed,
Seori
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I only wished to make it clear to the people of Troll's Bane that I no longer oversee the judicial happenings of the town. As much as this might cause some minor upheaval among the citizens who still think the Governor should be the final say in judicial matters, I think it is for the best. In the past, it seems the Governor has had too much control of the judicial system and this only causes criminals and "friends" of the person in power to get off free.

On the mainland, the idea of a Governor, usually graced by a career politician, overseeing justice in a town's borders is all but heard of. Please direct your questions and concerns towards the Magistrate or the Town Guard Captain. Of course, you can always report crimes to me or upon this wall.

As for the situation involving Bernie Bottoms. It seems a lot of people have mistaken yet again, the complexity of the system in place. If I were to be accused of murdering several people violently in town, with proper evidence that proves this without very much of a considerable doubt, would you, the humble citizens of this town be alright with the Governor letting me walk until he can prove me guilty or vice versa? Of course not. These are high echelon crimes that he is accused of, and with an attempt already made on my life, I can't release him until after the trial.

I'd also like to touch on the subject of the regime in Kumdah. My prior attempts to open a connection to them have failed, and a recent attempt to openly welcome any displaced citizens of that deserted city were ripped down. As much as this would dishearten me in my earlier years, I can only say that I do not hold any ill will towards that castle regime that now occupies the lands.

What I can say is that Troll's Bane is hereby opening it's doors and arms to all those who were once citizens of the fertile region of Kumdah. If enough are forthcoming and supportive of this offer, I'll certainly think about issuing them a plot of land for them to rebuild their lives.

As for the Town of Troll's Bane, I plan a few costly, yet needed building projects in the near future. A large prep time will exist to bring these plans to fruition, so hopefully coupling that with the steady income of the town will help us hopefully achieve our goals. One of the major and most important building projects is the expanding of the Town walls. We'll expand the eastern wall to meet the river, as well as the southern wall. This will serve two distinct proposes.

One being the basic natural bearer of defense the river provides against invading forces. Apparently the Salkamarians were able to break through the walls on either side. Two being the massive amount of space this will add to the town within the walls, providing areas for more businesses to arise and for homes to spring up.

Also, drafts will be made for expansions to the jail. Though I honestly believe it serves it's propose now, fortifying it and making the proper additions will be an investment worth making.

I also wish to state that Felix has rented the third apartment in Bane and paid one gold coin in taxes.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings citizens,

As some of you know, I have come to this island as an Inquisitor, on the sacred quest to purge it of wickedness and becoming Magistrate is just one of those many steps that we shall take together towards a better future.

Ever since my arrival here, I have been plunged into a world of darkness, a pool of evil and wickedness like I rarely get to see. Man killing his own brother for a bag of coins, the elfs hiding in the shadows of their trees while the rest of the world burns, pretending they are good hearted, mages building castles and towers to control whole towns from there with their lies, demons being let loose on the island by mad men to be worshiped by fools.

I ask you, dear citizens, who suffers from all this? You do.. you, the innocents that want nothing more than to quietly live your lives. You have my word that this shall happen, I shall do everything in my power to be a shield that protects you from injustice, wickedness and evil.

I shall be a doctor that shall heal this forsaken island to restore it to its former glory. However, no doctor can heal a sick body without removing that which causes the illness, and what can cause this grave sickness other than those that turn their face away from the Gods? We are all their children, but they will also turn their face from us, if we are not deserving. You have seen with your own eyes how the so called holy places of Vanima had no effect against the raging demons. How can something be holy if it is continously desecrated?

Therefor, dear citizens, I proclaim these new laws to take effect immediately:
I. Petty Crimes
H. Speaking Blasphemy
Anyone who spreads word against any of the Gods or Goddesses, or anyone who openly proclaims the Demons as being worthy of worship shall be prosecuted for the speaking of blasphemy.

II. Medium Crimes
K. Heresy
Anyone found to be a heretic, or one that worships demons and spreads ill-word of the Gods and Goddesses shall be punished by lashing until near death.

III. Serious Crimes
E. Heresiarch
Anyone found to be the leader of heretics or one inciting other to heresy shall be burned at the stake.
I must stress the fact that all those known to have served the demon Netheria and have not confessed and repented yet, fit into this cathegory and shall be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, the trial of Bernie Bottoms, accused of Treason and other heads of accusation, shall be held ((sunday 15, 1600 server time))
All guards are ordered to attend, as well as all the protectors bound by contract or promise. Since Mr. Bottoms is suspected to be affiliated with the infamous guild "Legitimate Buisinessmen Association", an attack from their part is to be highly anticipated.

The access to the court shall be semi-public. The guard is ordered to search everyone for concealed weapons, portal books and potions. Anyone found carrying these items in the courtroom, shall be arrested.
Also, the guard, the magistrate and the governor, reserve the right to deny access to the building to any suspicious individual, or ask them to leave. Failure to comply to these requests, shall also lead to jail.

Thank you,
Magistrate of Trolls Bane
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

There is an unsigned parchment on the east gate door held in place by an arrow shot in the dead of night. The handwriting is typical of a lot of people and probably only recognized by two people on the island.

So, the Governor is so weak, he overseas nothing now. The "magistrate" not only enforces the laws but now makes them. What is the point of having a Governor, for his pretty looks?
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens,

These laws were put into effect with my consent and supervision. Despite this very basic level of control I still hold over the judicial department of the town, I intend to keep it this way. Governors, politicians who see to the day to day running of a town usually have very little to do with these things. In Albar or Salkmar for example, that's about as absurd as the idea of someone murdering people in their sleep.

Speaking of laws and such, I've proposed a new one that should come into effect soon. The digging of treasure maps in town will have similar stipulations to how the elves in Vanima look upon it.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

After re-reading the final draft of the laws that were proposed by the Magistrate, I can see now what the entire fuss is about. Taking away the freedom of speech for the citizens of Bane was never a goal of mine and I can assure you, that was never my intention when I agreed to the basic idea of these alws. I've given the Magistrate a little bit of a free reign so far, and I understand his religious ways may hold some barring on his views. He proposed to me several laws that would remove demon worshipers from our borders, and those who follow false deities.

I intend to continue to strive to make these laws that best serve the entire town's respective religious beliefs. However, I'm going to put a hold on these new set of laws until I can sit down with the Magistrate and think out a different set of them, that put less emphasis on our citizens losing their voice and more on them gaining protection from true heretics. I'll also attempt to remove any loopholes in the laws that can be further used in the present and future to capture people who the Government may not like.

Brer Beothach will be released from jail.

As for other dealings on justice. A new law will come into effect with these new drafts. It will deal with the digging of treasure within Troll's Bane territory. A few basic ideas will be apparent through out the law. That digging treasure near any area that inhabits people is an offense, and that treasure buried close to these areas may be dug up with the assistance of a Town Guard. A small profit will go towards the town, but I can assure you it won't be anything above ten percent of the earnings.

These announcements come on the heels of the new public board of Troll's Bane. I have listened, my friends.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Two contracts now hang on the wall of Troll's Bane.

Contract between the town of Troll's Bane and the guild of the Free Scribes of Gobaith

The town of Troll's Bane accepts and confirms the utter political neutrality of the guild „The Free Scibes of Gobaith“.

For a fee of 50 silver coins, to be paid regularly each dwarven month, the Free Scribes of Gobaith agree to finish any job, be it translating or interpreting, given to them by the town of Troll's Bane without asking for any further payment. Furthermore, every registered citizen of Troll's Bane will be granted a discount of 10% on any job done by the Free Scribes of Gobaith.

This contract serves the economical and social benefits of both parties. Therefor, both parties can immediately cancel the contract at any time, should they feel that it is no longer of any use to them.

The contract parties agree on every article of this contract and are bound to fulfill it by their signatures below until the contract is cancelled.

Signed,
Felbion Lijawyn
Dean of the Free Scribes of Gobaith

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Vertrag zwischen der Stadt Trolls Bane und den Freien Schreibern Gobaiths

Die Stadt Trolls Bane erkennt die politische Neutralität der Gilde „die Freien Schreiber Gobaiths“ an und bestätigt diese.

Für eine Bezahlung von 50 Silbermünzen pro Zwergenmonat erklärt sich die Gilde der Schreiber dazu bereit, sämtliche anfallende Übersetzungen und Dolmetscher-Aufgaben ohne weitere Zuzahlungen der Stadt Trolls Bane zu erledigen. Desweiteren wird jedem eingetragenen Bürger von Trolls Bane ein Preisnachlass von 10% auf Aufträge an die Übersetzergilde gewährt.

Dieser Vertrag dient dem wirtschaftlichen und sozialen Nutzen beider Parteien und kann daher von beiden Parteien zu jeglichem Zeitpunkt mit sofortiger Wirkung aufgelöst werden, sollte eine der Parteien keinen Nutzen mehr in dem Vertrag sehen.

Die Vertragspartner stimmen in allen Vertragspunkten überein und sind durch ihre Unterschrift bis zur wirksamen Auflösung des Vertrags an diesen gebunden.

Unterzeichnet,
Felbion Lijawyn
Vertreter der Freien Schreiber Gobaiths

Uterzeichnet,
Elijah Varrin
Gouverneur von Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

A few new laws have been put into effect on this day. Several of which were simply revised to make their content more clearer and to remove any confusion they may cause. It's not my intention to take freedoms away from the citizens, but religion should play a part in our lives. I'm not going to enforce it on any, and if you're not a religious man, which I'm certainly not myself, then these laws won't affect you.

I've added a brief description in red ink of each law and why they were passed. Hopefully this will quell any conversation at each of these laws.

*Governor notes cited in red.

I. Petty Crimes
H. Speaking Blasphemy
Anyone who openly spreads word against any of the Gods or Goddesses, or anyone who openly proclaims the Demons as being worthy of worship shall be prosecuted for the speaking of blasphemy. This law is only stands against the open and blatant displays of blasphemy.

*This law was put into effect to combat false detities such as the Netharian cult and any other "demi goddess" that may spring up. Also, in the past.. it seems we've neglected to make legal ways to combat this temple that has plagued us.

I. Possession of a Jail Key
Anyone who does not have permission from the Governor or the Guard captain, and who isn't a member of the Town guard is not allowed to possess a jail key. Anyone found to be in the possession of a key is subject to arrest or punishment unless the key is promptly returned.

*It seems in the past a great majority of the criminals and members of underground organizations meant to harm Troll's Bane have freed their members because they possessed a jail key. Though this law seems to be common sense, we've only added it to prevent those from saying it's not even a law.

J. Dueling within town limits
Anyone found to be dueling within town limits are subject to punishment. Areas that this law does not pertain to are the fighting arena near the workshop in town.

*This was only added for the safety of our citizens. Swinging swords in the market place in a public building can damage property and hurt innocent passers. There is a great spot for duels within the town and outside the east gate seems to be a popular place these days.

II. Medium Crimes
K. Heresy
Anyone found to be a heretic, or one that worships demons and false deities upon Troll's Bane soil are subject to arrest.

*This law will help protect our town against cultists and people who worship those rare occurrences of so called demi gods. In the past, these people have led our town and stole our money, attacked our citizens, and even led to the assassination of one of our leaders.

L. Extortion
Anyone who tries to unlawfully obtain either money, property or services from a person(s), entity, or institution, through coercion is subject to the full extent of the law.

*This law was put into place to protect the citizens from being bullied by others. It seems it's one of the LBA's main objectives since they've made their selves know. Extorting our citizens in return for their so called "protection" will not be tolerated.

M. Blackmail
Anyone who threatens to reveal substantially true information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless is a demand is met are committing a crime.

*This is yet another law to protect not only our government, but our citizens. Blackmail is a serious crime and is almost as similar to the crime of extortion.

N. Fraud
Anyone who forges the signature of another with the intention for personal gain or to damage another individual's repetition commits a crime under Troll's Bane law.

*Yet another new law to protect the integrity of our citizen base. Fraud can cause damage to one's repetition and it seems that this has been a recurrent theme within our town through the years. Forged documents on the walls leading to confusion and distrust will not be tolerated.

III. Serious Crimes
E. Heresiarch
Anyone found to be the leader of heretics or one inciting other to heresy shall be subject to arrest. These include leading demon worshiping cults, leading cults that follow false deities, and leading groups that try to pervert the minds of the citizens against the Gods and Goddesses.

*This is a law that will be strictly enforced. Why? Because the very nature of such groups are meant for personal gain and for the downfall of our citizens. Leading groups that follow false gods and have evil objectives are not people the Town of Troll's Bane will support.

F. Involvement in Organized Crime
Anyone found to be involved in organized crime (gambling rings, bandit groups, and extortion.. etc.) are subject to the full extent of the law.

*Must I say much here? I'm sure everyone is aware of the large organized criminal ring currently operating on our island.
Hopefully these laws will be considered a welcome addition to a peaceful and prosperous Troll's Bane. In the future, I hope to hear what the citizens think of not only the new laws, but future additions to the town judicial system.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Thank you,
Magistrate of Trolls Bane
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Greetings citizens,

Today the trial of Bernie Bottoms has taken place into the jailhouse of Troll's Bane. To the accusations of Conspiracy to commit a crime, Treason, Assault, being involved in organized crime, and being a willing complicit to attempted murder, the defendant has pleaded guilty and begged the court for mercy.

Through the willingness of the honorable Governor Elijah Varrin, as well as this court's acceptance to give clemency to one that repents for his crimes, the death punishment was not given as sentence. Instead, Bernie Bottoms has been branded with hot iron upon his forehead, in the shape of the letter "T", so that all shall forever know him as Bernie Bottoms the Traitor. May he bare this shame until the end of his days.

You see here the declaration of guilt of Bernie Bottoms, as well as the agreement made between himself and the city of Troll's Bane, signed by two witnesses, made public as agreed.

Signed,
- Magistrate Kar'armak

I, Bernie Bottoms, being of sound mind and body do hereby plead Guilty and beg for the mercy of the Court.
I alone acted in the attempt to murder the current Governor of Trollsbane, Elijah Varrin. No-one else need be blamed or tried for my actions, I did this alone and in secret. My friends and Guild did not know of my actions.

I had made a deal with the “Legitimate Businessman’s Association” to not harm any member of my Guild by paying them a Gold a dwarven month. This was negotiated personally with Bindus, the Boss. This was paid in secret with an agent of the Association, who was also a member of the Town Guard, known only as Lieutenant Snake.

Through my previous connection with the agent, I hired the “Legitimate Businessman’s Association” to plan, plot and execute the Governor of Trollsbane. They were paid in secret, and the plot was to happen while I was in jail for other crimes.

It was my intention to free Trollsbane of his tyranny and try to start open elections for Governor. I had planned to become Governor through these elections and start reforming Trollsbane. I felt that only I could do better than the current Governor. The plot failed, and so did my plans.

I beg the mercy of the court for my actions, and to honor the following requests:

Please read and honor my will (enclosed)
~Will and Testament of Bernie Bottoms~
I bequeath all my shares in the “Chamber of Commerce” to the Chamber of Commerce to sell.
I bequeath all my Material possessions to the Chamber as well.
I bequeath the Midlands to the "Chamber of Commerce" as a whole Guild.
I bequeath 2.5 gold of my savings to Tak'Zel, whom I have trusted with my life.
I bequeath 1 Gold of my savings to Talathiel, whom I always liked and cared for.
And finally, I bequeath 1.5 Gold of my savings to Silverblade Abbey. I always had it in my heart to give more than to receive.

I ask for a smaller jail sentence. Instead, I ask to be branded a ‘traitor’ and be banned from Trollsbane.

I shall never again hold a position of power, nor set foot in Trollsbane ever again. I shall take up ‘monks’ robes and a vow of chastity and condemn myself to a life of poverty and shame.

I beg the mercy of the court and these final requests.
~Bernie Bottoms
Mr. Bernie Bottoms, having been charged with the following crimes - Conspiracy to commit a crime, Treason, assault, being involved in organized crime, and being a willing complicit to attempted murder - has made a plea agreement with the government of Trollsbane.

In exchange for a guarantee of the following sentence, Mr. Bernie Bottoms will agree to plead guilty to all charges. He will make a full public and written confession. No additional charges will be filed against Mr. Bernie Bottoms as a result of his confession.

The agreed sentence is as follows.

1 - Admit to all charges against you in a public and written address. This admission must include that he tried to overthrow the government of Trollsbane. That he wished to take over as leader of Trollsbane. That he tried to assassinate the governor.
2 - He must forever and at all times, in public or in private, stick to this admission, else this agreement becomes null and the trial for Treason shall be rejudged with no mercy shown.
3 - He must give up all property that he holds anywhere, except personal belongings, like money, clothing, tools.
4 - He may not now, or ever in the future hold a position of power in any guild, town, or other organized group. He may still belong, but only at the lowest level of membership.
5 - He will be branded on the forehead with a large capital "T". This is to be a sign of a traitor, so all may see his shame.
6 - He will serve two months in jail from which the already spent time shall be deducted.
7 - He will be banned from the township of Trollsbane proper. This is only the area inside the walls.

May he ever break any of these points, this agreement becomes null, making him subject to arrest, judgment and possible execution for Treason.

May the gods look upon us and guard this contract to be respected.

Signed:
- High Inquisitor Kar'armak, Magistrate of Troll's Bane
- Bernie Bottoms, defendant
- Captain Sirith, witness
- Jym Goldman, witness
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

In order to keep the guilty from going back on his word in the future, I've made the evidence against him public. These letters were found in the bag of the assassin who tried to take the Governor's life.

You see three letters attached. It is very obvious and without doubt that they are original, Bernie's handwriting and signature being genuine.
Juniper Onyx wrote:Hypothetically,

I would offer democratic elections again. Put limits on a Governor's power and disband the Guard,
I'd have monthly meeting among Guild members and hear their concerns,

Taxes would be lifted and every guild and citizen would be treated fairly.

Allow all manner of guilds in town, and even provide a 'safe spot' (Thieves Guild) for you and your men where training could take place, and you could invest in a future, like the Seahorse Inn, A place with money to make, yet big enough to be a 'front' too.

All Guilds would get a 'stipend' by the Town's Treasury to help them and business would be encouraged.

In essence, the town should pay you, not it's own coffers.

Hypothetically
Juniper Onyx wrote:Yes, indeed.

We are partners in this, and as partners you shall share my eager appreciation and joy.

We thrive together or we go down together. I am willing to try.

We need a 'safe' city in which all people can get a start and be recieved with open arms. The current Governor is power-hungry and thirsts for power. I have stepped back, and still he advances to tell me what I can do in my own Guild!

Not only will your men be compensated, but the Guard 'pay' will increase substantially. Free "Barracks' for them, and the ability to conduct 'your' business in daylight.

We will set up shops with a 'tax' on them for 'security'. Sales of Homes would have the same 'tax' on them. This 'tax' would go straight to you. You and your men would become quite wealthy fast. I take care of my friends and I don't dick around when it comes to fair and fast Pay. It's important.

We are alike, you and me. We have dreams of what Trollsbane should be like, and will do anything to get it.

For this task, I will promise to pay your Organization 12 Golds.....2 a dwarven month, in addition to the Guard Pays and "Taxes". The Businessman's Association will be invited to occupy a Guild-hall in town, with a seat on the Council. Yes my friends, there will be many benefits to the New Trollsbane. I have made the "Chamber" grow form nothing, and will do the same for Bane. With your help, we can change things for the better.

~Bernie
Juniper Onyx wrote:I wish him to die in public, quick and fast, so there are witnesses to what you can do (fear factor) and then for the body to disappear. Lock it away somewhere, like in Garon's Goldsmithy, in the basement. I'll give you the key.

I really don't care if he's 'perma-killed' or not. ((Whatch out for forced RP)) I just want him out of the way where no-one will find him. 12 Golds pay for this.

I will then ask for people's support to find the body and to take control of Trollsbane. If anyone gets in the way, abduct them too. Be quick about it. 5 Golds pay for each abduction. I don't knowhow many we'll have to abduct, but maybe 2-3.

Then when I have finally become the Governor, I shall name you as successor to the Town Guard (who failed to protect the Governor, hehe) and pay you and your men for their work.

Thank you,
~Bernie
Two more notes are pinned underneath it, perhaps being there only for a comparative of the writing and signature.
Governor,

This time you have insulted my intelligence and openly discussed matters spoken in confidence. I am sorry I trusted you to keep secrets safe.

Yes, I have made arrangements for the Bandits not to attack me or any member of the "Chamber", but only because we were afraid of something like this. Yes, they have betrayed that arrangement and are therefore not to be trusted ever again. No money ever changed hands. The great 'protectors' of Gobaith have failed to put these bandits in their place. What are we, simple craftsmen to do? I do not regret trying to protect my members when you cannot. Now, we'll have to scurry and hide. The cat is out of the 'bag' and we must now hide from shadows. Thank you very much for ruining a solution to our problem by openly discussing it.

I am very disappointed in you Governor. I thought you were different, like the Viceroy before you, but I see now that you are not. The Viceroy did what he had to do. I respected and admired him. However, we have Trollsbane politics as usual again. Betrayal, Incompetence and Weakness. I have lost my respect for you. Do not expect me to confide in you ever again.

I can see now that we are leaders of different sorts. I do what it takes to help and protect the people despite 'obstacles' in my way. You're different. You've done more to 'hinder' me than anyone else has. I have had to beg, plead and grovel at your feet to accomplish what I could, and still have not recieved what I have sought. Protection, understanding and help. It seems I am alone.

We'll manage on our own, it seems to be what you desire most.

Very disappointed,
Dear members of the Chamber,

I write to you with a heavy heart. The Governor has betrayed my trust and loyalty in him, and I responded to the 'attack'. In return he has further trampled over my reputation and effectively cut off any working relationship.

If this 'war' of words has hurt or disappointed any of you, I am deeply sorry. I should not have lowered to his level. I shan't have dealings with this Governor anymore.

We are alone in our efforts to expand and develop the midlands. As long as we follow the contract and obey Trollsbane Laws there will be no problems with doing so. Although it would be nice, I see no need to 'move' or find new 'land'. Caelum isn't for sale, Other towns have similar problems, and 'empty' land just wouldn't work.

I propose we continue with our plans as normal, profit from them and move on after that. We are a business, not a charity. Everything we do has been for profit either monetarily or Public Relations.

The governor called our attempts "laughable". Why, with the money we have been making, we may be the only guild able to do it. We are the largest 'active' Guild on the Isle, and the Governor has just wiped his arse with us. I consider that "laughable".

Well, I didn't write to make comments at the Governor, but to apologize for my actions to you, the members. I am angry and upset by his words and hope you'll forgive me for my actions in return.

Thank you,
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Jefferson looks over the public evidence with scanning eyes, curling his lips then to a soft smirk.

"...Heh... What kind of foolish amateur assassin carries such evidence...?

.. A foolish amateur... Or either, one who wished to be caught."
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Two new laws have been put into place. One being a definite law and the other being a simple regulation that won't be specifically added to the Town's laws. Simply because it is structured in a way that's more complex then a basic write up can offer.

I. Petty Crimes

K. Drawn Weapons
No drawn weapons are allowed in town, unless in times of self defense or the defense of another. Offenders of this law will be asked to sheath their blades or be subject to punishment to the fullest extent of the law. Troll's Bane members of the Town Guard and other allies are exempt from this law due to obvious reasons.

A parchment hangs below the simple script of paper.
Official Announcement concerning the digging of Treasure Maps within Troll's Bane territory

I would like to inform the public that it will no longer be permitted to dig untouched treasures on Troll's Bane soil. Naturally, because of the sudden occurrences of defenders that sometimes spring with the opening of treasure, several complaints have been filed to me. These dangers are a threat to the people of Troll's Bane who do not understand how to wield a weapon. However, there is a common ground that I'm willing to achieve.

Anyone who wishes to unearth treasure on Bane soil must seek the permission of myself or a town guard, who then must accompany them on the voyage. The guard will get five percent of the earnings, and the town will get the other five. So in total, the town will receive a maximum of ten percent of the total earnings, due mainly to the fact that the treasure was found in our lands.

If treasure is to be found under or near someone's estate or land, the ten percent will go directly towards them. Should the town guards have to intervene because the treasure hunters were unable to defeat the defenders on their own, and the defenders are subsequently incapacitated, all treasure will go towards the guards and the town of Troll's Bane.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
In the future, we plan to add even more laws to the basic framework that has been constructed. These laws will be put into place in an attempt to restrict the powers of the Governors in the present, and future. Restrict their powers in a way that keeps them from abusing their position and using it only for the good of the people, and not themselves.

There is a myth that if you place three violins together, and all three players play the same note, that if you add a fourth unguided violin to that mix, the vibrations will cause it to play it as well. This happens in politics more often then not. Many people come in with good intentions but soon are exposed to the riches that come with going down that same tired path of countless others before them. I'm trying my hardest not to be that fourth violin.

And I need your help the most. I'll post a few questions later on this eve that I wish all people of Troll's Bane, who consider it their home to answer. It won't be a mandatory survey, but if you care for your town, I'd certainly give it some thought.

The Town laws and a majority of the Town Wall has been translated to the Old language and will be viewable to the public shortly

If anyone wishes to meet with me, please send a dove. I've been slacking lately in my public appearances due to general fatigue and business due to parchments and other documents ((been kind of busy lately in RL.)). I'll hardly ever refuse a sit down to discuss what's bothering you.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Yesterday at the Guard meeting, I was able to attend and frankly, I was little disappointed in the numbers that showed. Troll's Bane has had a long and varied history, ripe with conflict and external pressures and influence. Leader after leader has graced the many years that have passed, and still they have yet to address fundamental problems that grieve this town. Of course, maybe this piece of knowledge proves that it's impossible to truly have a peaceful and profitable town.

But I'm a major backer of the idea that nothing is impossible. If impossible existed, I would have never climbed up to the summit of the mountain that has been my life. If it existed, I would have never even made it to this island, nor became the Governor of our fair town. We must be proud to be citizens of Bane. We must be proud of being citizens of Gobaith and the many freedoms that this brings us.

But whose to say these freedoms will always be there? Whose to say that we are safe from outside influences? Prince Lonewood prove to us that at any time, these freedoms that we take for granted can be snatched from us. Ask the elves in Tol Vanima about the subject and the bandits that continue to lurk freely upon their isle.

That is why I've enacted something that will benefit not only the town, but the entire island. As the center of commercial industry, the physical center of this island, and the largest city, it is our duty to protect the rights of those around us, should they be threatened by outside invaders. The island of Gobaith needs a force that protects the rights and stability of all those on the island.

That is why Troll's Bane will be at the forefront of forming a new military force, the Army of Gobaith. This group will actively pursue written contracts with the many leaders of this island, striving to make it a peaceful place for citizens of today, and tomorrow. For too long have we sit idle as terror strikes the hearts of the innocent upon this island, homes have been taken away, and the tears of grieving have struck the soil of Gobaith.

Members of this group will be well equipped, well trained, and well paid. All new recruits, be it from any town on this island shall be treated with the utmost respect and dignity. An oath will be agreed to, pledging your allegience to the glory of Gobaith and swearing your protection of your respective town or guild.

The mission will be hard and tough, but together we shall prevail. We shall rid Tol Vanima of their bandit problem and more so, the entire island.

To the Glory of the Island,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Davien

Post by Davien »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:There is another parchment on the roof of the jailhouse appearing with an arrow through it, someone eventually may find it, or the rain may destroy before ever being read.

An elfess calling herself "Eagle" with this body type, wearing an ornated metal bird mask (( 14XXXXXXXX )) was taking turns fighting the golem and we were both attacked by two bandits. One looking like (( 11XXXXXXXX )), unable to describe his face as he was wearing a cloak hiding it, but the body type appeared orcish. The other was more clearly seen, a human appearing like (( 16142XXXXX )) that attacked me from behind. The elfess was roped and dragged away severely hurt, the rope holding me broke and even though also severely hurt , I managed to escape. I am sending this parchment to warn any further victims running up against these bandits...do with it what you will.

The parchment only has a letter, no name.

J

(( I am judging due to body type at least two numbers would be seen and removed the other three because the face was hidden, if there is any objection to this send a PM to this account and I will adjust it ))
As he walked past the jailhouse an elf clad in a dull grey cloak notices the arrow jutting out. Without his keen sense of hearing the near silent crinkle of paper in the wind might have went unnoticed. Before he could tame his curiosity, however, his awkward chest plate was on the ground and he was climbing. Reaching the arrow was easier than he thought, as he detached the parchment and started reading the familiar handwriting. Confusion quickly washed over his face as he read the note thoroughly. Then without hesitation he judged the projection of the arrow, snatched it from the roof with a twist, and vaulted off the roof in a smooth summersault. As he landed next to his gear in a low crouch it was effortless to snatch it up and whip his cloaked armor back on. He leaped forward (leaving the memorized note at the door) now weaving through the shadows toward his destination, the wind cool on his exposed ears.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

It has now been two dwarven months since the unfortunate event that placed me in this position. In those two dwarven months, I've accomplished some, but not what I had originally planned. I've dealt with the confusion and turmoil of the land ownership, made a list of laws public, rebuilt the town treasury, and created a much more safer haven for Troll's Bane then the one when I first came here. I can complement myself all day and try to make myself seem bigger for these deeds. But a complement to one's self is empty.

Let me put it this way, I'm disappointed.

I'm disappointed because I've fell into a cycle of inactivity. I'm disappointed because the town seems to have traces of corruption within it's mists. I'm disappointed because if I were to die tonight, the Town of Troll's Bane isn't in the correct position to continue building the path where I left off. I'm disappointed because as of yet, I'd describe my job as lack luster and average. I've become a tax collector, scribe, and commander instead of a true leader.

I owe more to you as citizens.

I'm hard on myself because if I ever become complacent with my duties, Troll's Bane will start to drift off as it is doing now. That is why, in the next few dwarven days I shall spend a good portion of my days writing up a document for the new government of Troll's Bane. This document will cover every basis for this future town of Troll's Bane and close any loopholes a mind can think of. Don't confuse the term "new" with tyrannical monarchy or military dictatorship.

This new government will be widely spoken about among citizens and will draw directly upon your desires and needs.

The "New" government will mostly be the same as those in the past, but with stricter stipulations placed on it, and a bill wrote up that will adamantly cement the decision. I also plan minor Town Guard changes and updates, considering the fact that the Army of Gobaith will have close to identical rosters.

Troll's Bane will hopefully become the center of arts, defense, and entertainment upon this island.

The Town jail has had a few additions made to it as well. These will help us hold certain types of criminals.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens,

Today, I was able to finalize a deal that has been in the works since my inception as Governor of Troll's Bane. Strengthening the bonds of the Town and the ways of the Arcane and bringing a culture to this town of higher learning. The Town of Troll's Bane and the Magic Academy have reached a conclusion on a deal that will give them more presence within our town and defend our borders in times of upheaval and war.

Though it will only be on a strictly voluntary basis, the Academy will also assume a position within the Army of Gobaith, which will readily and most assuredly mean their added defensive capabilities in supporting our town against outsider forces. We have also gained a much needed and valuable ally in the continued campaign to rid this island of banditry and corruption. These bandits include any groups that openly oppose the safety and well being of the citizens of Troll's Bane, including these small crops of outlaws that seem to be revealing themselves to be staunch supporters of overthrowing the Government.

Their institution will build it's presence in Troll's Bane through the use of the learning center of our fair town. The library will now be placed within the care of the Academy, to be used as their center of operations, and their embassy in town. Hopefully, with such a direct involvement within our town, citizens will have a better chance of being students of the arts. Should anyone have questions or concerns dealing with this matter, your messages will promptly be removed. Please direct those to me personally.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted citizens,

The Town of Troll's Bane is looking for a scribe. Payment will be 20 silvers a dwarven month and tasks will include writing basic documents and other dictatorial activities.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

The following contract constitutes a lease of the smithy directly west of the town, near the teleporter, should they agree and follow the terms of the contract below. The building and the lands surrounding shall remain a territory of Trolls Bane and any attempt to cede from Trolls Bane will automatically make this contract void. The leaser is permitted to use the property as he wishes as long as he accepts the laws and rule of Trollsbane. The land will only be re-seized by Troll's Bane should the user become inactive or commit a crime of extremely high proportions.

Tax shall be issued at the flat rate of 7 silvers for the first dwarven month and be subjected to change after that, at the discretion of the government of Trollsbane. The leaser shall be informed and permitted to appeal should the tax rate be changed. In order to combat inactivity, should the owner go three dwarven months without paying taxes, the land will be returned to Trollsbane, and the lease will be canceled.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

Signed,
Skaalib Drurr
Be greeted,

The Arena directly outside town is now up for sell (with stipulations that will be explained to any potential buyer), as well as the land surrounding the smithy outside the town.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane