A new age for Trolls Bane.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

A new age for Trolls Bane.

Post by Elijah »

Fliers are strewn throughout Trolls Bane and various other places on the island, carrying with them the following message. The same flier, though a much larger version, is pinned against the Town board.

Greetings citizens of Trolls Bane,

I am sure by now, you all have heard the whispered rumors of Edric Galthor's untimely demise, our Viceroy and Leader. I've dreaded this moment ever since I witnessed the event with my own eyes. I would very much like to write to you all and tell you how false these rumors are and that they are simply conjured up by those who follow the Goddess to decrease morale. Unfortunately, I regret to inform that just the other dwarven day, Edric Galthor was murdered in plain sight by Aeris, the former Captain of the Town Guard and outlaw.

Of course, we shall not take these actions lightly. But before we are to discuss that, it's best that a few announcements are made in order to keep the town running where Edric's administration left off. After strong consideration on my part and seeking the blessings of other members of our isle, I've taken the reigns of leadership from our fallen administrator. As the acting Magistrate before Edric's untimely death, I believe I have the ability to lead this town in this era of distrust. I will take on the title of Governor for the time being.

My first move as our new leader is to appoint Anon of D'Athen as the Guard Captain. Hopefully, with close communication between us, we shall rebuild a Trolls Bane defensive force to ultimately take care of this threat. I truthfully believe he is the best choice for the Captain and in the current turmoil that our island is caught up in, he will stand strong.

As for the Cult, I will not waste ink on them. Edric's last words were pleading with me to keep this town from being taken over by that dark regime. Let us all come together and make sure his death wasn't in vain. The only thing that I ask from you, as a citizen, is for you to send me a dove or to meet me in person if you still consider yourself a citizen of our town.

May the gods be with you,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Trolls Bane
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Here we go, yet again.

You're no one's leader until you win elections or invade the town with an army and take it by force. Until either happens, I promise you will have support from no one but whoever you appoint as your lap dogs. Even the builder won't bother with your requests. The way some of you think you can take the reigns of the capitol city of Gobaith with as much ease as tossing a few poorly written parchments around is truly laughable.

Matter of factly, I laugh at you.

Ha-ha.

Blake
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Given the incompetence of most of the people on the isle nowadays, at least someone sensible's taken the initiative, Blake.

~W.E~
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Tol Vanima will acknowledge Elijah Varrin as rightfull interim leader of Trollsbane.

He was announced as the new Magistrat by Edric himself. Since Edric died through the
hands of Aeris soon after, Elijah Varrin is, in Tol Vanimas eyes, the rightfull subtitute.

~Elder Shandariel el Lysanthrai

1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I'm glad someone's supposedly trying to make something out of this hopeless pit of corruption, but I along with many others I'm sure want elections. This Elijah hasn't been around long enough to know how to run the town. Edric came in charge because the Prince died, and the Prince took the town by force; thusly, the Prince, Edric and Elijah have all effectively taken the town by force and now that we're off with Salkamaerians, I'd like to see some elections. Someone the people actually chose and will support.

If you care for Troll's Bane, let there be elections.

If you don't care for Troll's Bane, good luck getting us to care back.

Blake
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Elections would be not wise aslong as the demoness and their cultists are still around and taking influence.
First this situation needs to be solved.

~Shandariel
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

She's no more of a threat than the handful of demons we've had to deal with the past year and half.

It can be dealt with even more efficiently with a capable leader that has the support of his people.

The note isn't signed but bears the same handwriting and ink of Blake's prior messages.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Greetings,

I truly appreciate your concern over the town, good sir. However, I am afraid I will not waste my time dealing with minor disputes upon the town wall. There are far more pressing and urgent matters to be dealt with. I can only tell you that I announced my plans publicly among citizens first, and then among the great leaders of this island in Tol Vanima. An electoral process at this point of time would leave the town without a helm during a difficult period and be very dangerous to not only you, as a worried inhabitant, but the town as a whole. If you feel that I am unqualified for such a position, I intend to prove you wrong. If you still wish to discuss the matter, a dove will find me.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Trolls Bane
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

We've faired just fine with and without a leader.

The governing of Troll's Bane is not a "minor dispute". In case you didn't know, who holds the reigns of the city is a rather major aspect of politics around here. Not that I trust a new drop to know how things work.

I'll be working actively for elections.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

While i do agree that elections would be preferred to simple usurping.. the fact is that even in an election.. whom ever gets the town will be spat upon and hated for the inability to do the perfect job and please EVERY one.. i dont see how it matters who is in charge as long as some one is.. with out some form of leadership crime runs rampant or people just complain that there is no leader. besides i already paid my taxes so i se no reason to change this effect thus far..

if you want an election. why not vote for the advisors?? vote for people who can meet with the governor and feel the way you do about the issues you have.

~whisper~