The Farmer's Union

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gibble Thibblebum

Re: The Farmer's Union

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

While I did once here that great wisdom can be gained from studying the patterns of spider webs, the man I was speaking with seemed to be quite insane. I would guess that what was actually being referred to is the cobweb covered board on which we are posting for this guild.

Does anyone know if the guild leadership is still available in Illarion or if they mayhap have taken an extended jouney? I've tried contacting them but after a couple of months have not had much success. Anyone have more information on them than I do?

~ Gibble Thibblebum
Elle Hartstone

Post by Elle Hartstone »

Mr. Thibblebum,

I myself have noted the Union to be a quite desolate place as far as activity goes. The occasional planter will show up within the gates, but I have neither seen nor heard from a leader in several dwarven weeks. I believe they have taken an extended leave of absence. I have been a member of the Union before and would like to reaffirm my membership with the new leaders, but they have not gotten back to me. The only help I can offer you is the name of the last person to contact me, Maeglin Telemmaite Vian. He told me he was handling affairs for the absent leader, Tak'Zel. This was nearly three dwarven months ago. I am sorry that I could not be of more help.

I can only add to this board that if a leader is available, he should post to the board to let us know who is in charge.

With respect,

Elle
Gibble Thibblebum

It is as I feared. My communications have been similar. I tried once more a little over a dwarven week ago without response. It was for this reason I posted once again.

I would like to see the Union thriving once again as well as expanding. Someone that can keep the membership list up-to-date, hand out keys and expand the lands a tad. Hopefully I will recieve communication in the next dwarven week, otherwise, perhaps we should setup new leadership. I just hate to see the guild lying fallow as it is and there are a couple upgrades I'd like to seen worked on.

~Gibble Thibblebum
Elle Hartstone

Post by Elle Hartstone »

Who ever left one of the fields with untended grain should contact me. I collected it for you and will provide you with the grain bundles upon the receipt of a dove enclosing a response with the correct field in which it was planted.

With respect,

Elle
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

At last people finally take interest. its good to know that once again there are those who wish to see our union thrive. I apologize for the delayed posting, as I have not payed much attention since everyone has departed, and those who still use our fields do not claim membership. Please contact me at my personal address if you wish to speak with me, not the unions as doves there will often go overlooked.

TaK

P.S. Gibble, sorry for overlooking your dove. I was busy at the time of its arrival and seem to have forgotten about it. Be assured I still have it, and would be willing to discuss it at the present.
maryday

Post by maryday »

((This parchment can be found IN THE BASEMENT of the Union
and is not meant as a request for extortion, robbery or similiar FUN-related RP.))

Dear neighbours.
In the years of watching and parttaking at the Unions business my person has been able to notice one or another happening concerning the mentioned leadership.
Some of these happenings should be called incidents.
Yet the happy days of hard, happy labour and harvesting their fruit outnumber those hours of partially very, very terrible circumstances.

Of what i have learned it is no easy lot beeing leader of the Union and the realised return is small, up to not existant.
It is the worker who gains the batch.

My proposal would be to keep the easternmost field tilled and green
to "encourage" coming servants and maidservants.

((Sown by hand of PCs.))

"Those who only reap will do so in any case,
may the crop be sown or not."

To speak freely to you i have taken the hardship upon me to seperate my private possesions from what i have earned from and by working on and with your land and labour over time.
This is a part of my part of the Unions treasury:
-1 ruby
-1 diamond
-1 topaz
-10 emarald
-12 amethyst
-40 blackstone
-72 bluestone
-one and half a coin
-a highly scraped mirror(not fully paid)
-5 hunting armors
-750 bundles of grain

Don`t be mad at me for using your storage space.
Thanks for your time, reading this.

~One taking care of the orchard sometimes~
~A humble neighbour~
Gibble Thibblebum

[quote="marydayMy proposal would be to keep the easternmost field tilled and green
to "encourage" coming servants and maidservants.
[/quote]

I like this idea alot. In fact I had started doing it periodically. If nothing else, there is a short row on the SE field where a plant blacks the 7th space. Let's at least always leave that for folks to start off with.

I'd also like to get a plot under Oldras' statue. We used to have one as an offering for fertility of the fields, would be nice to have it again.

~Gibble Thibblebum
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

*a humanoid form in the shadows smiles, and a cat seems to be siting beside it*
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

* a tall,massive, muscled elf, sits at the union fire pit with his two wolves or perhaps under the trees by the river usually but sends a wolf to attach a note to the board. It reads:*

If So choosing otherwise, feel free anyone to write me about union things. I am a long time member of the union and can GAURENTEE it will get to the chair-lizard. I am usually always available. but doves are not good to contact me by..as my wolves hunt them..so send some sort of non flying creature. It is good to see people still using the union though..hasnt been widely populated since a few months on the last of the Saigwins leave. Ah well...message me if ya feel. I do nothing much but sit here and will be a help in any way I can be.

~Keep the world growing and green~
~~Wolf-Master Maeglin Telemmaite Vian~~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I would like to request a personal meeting with the chairman, or other person with authority with the union.

Thank you,
Corporal Altrix Wulfgar.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I shall meet you at your request Altrix.

Tak'Zel
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

* A lizard looks over his freshly planted crops just at the break of dawn, a small smile crossing his face. He takes a seat, puts his feet up on the table, and pulls his hat over his eyes before speaking to the mule next to him*

Its good to be home Dex.
The Farmers Union

Post by The Farmers Union »

Attention Union members!

There will be a Union meeting this week on ((thursday, 8pm GMT))
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The meeting will begin in roughly an hour.

TaK
The Farmers Union

The members list and treasury has been updated, if I missed anyone on the list please notify me.

TaK
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Now offering special services on request:

We will plant trees for you at a very reasonable rate!
Just let us know where you want them and what you want.

We can plant:
.....cherry trees
.....apple trees
.....fir trees (in most locations)

Contact a Union member for more information or send a dove to me (Uhuru), Evie, or Caldarion.
The Farmers Union

I would like to Welcome Shondar and Rubo Twofoot as new residents.

Welcome back to Annie, and Jhon. We are glad to have you back.

The Finn brothers have full rights to use of our equipment and facilities.

TaK
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*A lizard can be seen dragging a heavy bag and carrying a stack of books. He stops for a moment to hang a note on the door of the Union before heading off towards the harbor.*

Dear Union Members,
I will be gone for roughly two dwarven weeks for some archeological study on the mainland. I expect everything to be in working order when I return. Feel free to have a party or whatever while I'm away, just make sure not to break anything.

Also, I put a gold coin in that mess we call the basement, feel free to spend it on whatever you please.
*The lizard chuckles to himself. "Maybe they will clean up a bit looking for it."*

Signed,
TaK

PS. Vel, please make sure Evie doesn't light any more crops on fire.(We might have needed them hops)
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

*A short redhead pins a note on the board*

The fields have been properly plowed by a mule, planting should be a bit easier now.

Annie
Maeglin Telemmaite

*as you walk into the union on two fields you see a sign post rammed into the ground..a tree was used as a post so you cant miss it..and in big letters it reads*

THESE HERE FIELDS OF GRAIN ARE PROPERTY OF MAEGLIN TELEMMAITE VIAN. IF THE FIELDS ARE NEEDED FEEL FREE TO REMOVE THEM,SIMPLY SEE I GET MY CROP RETURNED TO ME.I WILL BE BACK SOMETIME TOMORROWISH, (AROUND 2 OR 3 TODAY) TO COLLECT.
~Maeglin
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

*chuckles at the signs and grabs her scythe scrawling under his note*

Your wheat is now in the possession of the fire breather. You can collect it when you wake. Evie

*laughs to herself and starts harvesting the fields*
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin grabs his spoon and begins the hunt...
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Visit at the Union

We, members of the Farmers Union, are proud and happy about the recent developments regarding trade relations with Silverbrand. Friedwulfa Silberklinge stopped by at The Union today. She brought gifts of friendship from Silverbrand. Uhuru, Cal, and Evie stood in stunned silence as she presented them with a beautiful diadem and amethyst ring. Friedwulfa asked that we visit Silverbrand and would like to see more trade between our two groups. We have had many good trades with Friedwulfa and her people over the last several weeks and hope to see many more in the future!

We would like to personally thank Friedwulfa for her visit. ~Uhuru, Caldarion, and Evie~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Besuch bei der Union

Wir, die Mitglieder der Farmers Union, sind stolz und erfreut über die jüngesten Entwicklungen der Handlesbeziehungen mit Silberbrand. Friedwulfa Silberklinge hat heute die Union einen Besuch abgestattet. Mit im Gepäck hatte sie auch Geschenke aus Silberbrand. Uhuru, Cal und Evie stockte der Atem als sie ihnen ein wunderschönes Diadem und einen Amethystring übereichte. Friedwulfa bat um einen Besuch in Silverbrand und würde auch mehr Handel zwischen den beiden Gruppierungen begrüßen. Es gab bereits viele gute Geschäfte in den vergangenen Zwergenwochen mit Friedwulfa und ihrem Volke und wir hoffen auch künftig auf mehr davon!

Wir möchten uns persönlich bei Friedwulfa für den Besuch bedanken. ~Uhuru, Caldarion und Evie~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I promised Tak I would post our family's sales numbers for the dwarven month. As you can see by the totals below, we are working hard at The Farmer's Union as are many others! If anyone would like anything, please don't hesitate to ask or send us a note.

Enjoy in good health!
Evie, Uhuru, and Caldarion

Units
1,948 Prepared Food
975 Vegatables/Seeds
36 Tools
530 Raw Resources
7 Iron Works

3,496 Overall
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

* A slightly singed parchment hangs on the door of the Union*

Something set fire to the Union today... There was a voice on the roof, though no one saw who it was. They spoke in Ancient and set Fire to the fields and the hedges.... So much is lost, but the building stands. Elle and I could not keep up with the flames... Whatever it was, put the fires out itself eventually, but we lost part of the hedge, the behive, table, chairs. And the big tree. Please be careful everyone... I know not who or what this was, but they shouted "Burn!" and then they were gone.

Annie
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

* Another note is scribbled on the bottom edge of the previous one*

It appears the leaves of the hedges were only singed off, they will likely make a full recovery.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Dearest Union members,

I am, at last, home. Thank you all for taking good care of our home while I was away, without everyone doing their part we would not be able to maintain our fun, and comfortable place of residence. I shall be easy to find around the Union for the next few days so please bring up any issues that need discussing, or just stop by for some fun and a drink.

Proud of the Union as ever,
TaK'Zel
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Here is my family's sales report for month.
Overall sales are up by 30% over last month's totals.
~Uhuru~

Units
2,731 Prepared Food
1,460 Vegatables/Seeds
54 Tools
274 Resources
53 Smithy/Goldsmithing
10 Woodworking
28 Sewing
4,572 Overall
maryday

Re: Everything for free;

Post by maryday »

((Depot-Place; New Chars preferred;))

Dear Everyone...
You can come with me if you help me carry some stuff...
I`ll be around for a very little time, right now.
I hope you do not mind taking passage on an onion freighter.

Everything for free, only today.
Everyone gets paid 250 copper.
~Daisy Pretty~

----

Lieber Jedermann...
Du kannst mitkommen, wenn Du hilfst Sachen zu tragen.
Ich bin eine kurze Weile Hier.
Ich hoffe es stört nicht, einen Zwiebelfrachter zu nehmen.

Alles gratis, nur Heute.
Jeder bekommt 250 Kupfer.
~Daisy Pretty~