The Magic Academy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Niniane

Re: The Magic Academy

Post by Niniane »

Name: Niniane

Race: Human

Age: Not too young to be inexperienced in the ways of the world, yet not not too old to be unteachable.

Mage/Battlemage: I am neither, nor seek one over the other. Although if forced to chose one I would seek to be a battlemage.

Subjects to be followed: Before answering this I must speak with one much more knowledgeable than myself on the subject. I have goals in mind but need one with arcane knowledge to educate me in these areas before I could answer honestly.

Personal remarks: My purpose for learning magic is my own. I may share this with a prospective teacher, I may not, but I have no desire to share it with all who can read. If you should agree to teach me you will find that you have never had a more dedicated student. I can assure you that you will not regret selecting me as your next student.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Me Name beh Roque
I beh male orc
age beh 47 yurs
i wishen to learn ways ob battlemage

Subjects to be followed:
-Battle Magic aund Tactics
-Elemental Magics
-aund magic theory
I only speeks da new language
Da reasons i wishes to learn da ways of magic beh dat i is not some great orcen warrior, but da gods decided i should hab a brain instead. I beh a quick learner and just smashing tings doesnt peaks meh intrests. I liken ter read and I hus come across many tings dealing in magic and eberytime i has i nut been able to read nuff about it. I may neber become some great magic user but i tink dat wif some guidance i could beh valuable ter not only da orcen clans of dis island but to help better meh understanding more of da wonders dis island has to offer. I is not short tempered and i will spend as much time aus takes to complete task. Fer now i beh workin on meh skills with a staff and beh readin ebery book i cun get meh hands on but i dont feels my skills wif a staff could ever reach meh potential that i could hab ifen was taught da ways of magic.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Name: Frey Regin

Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

Subjects to be followed: Elements, Weapon handling, Magic lore, Battle practice.

Personal remarks: My purpose for learning magic is my own. I may share this with a prospective teacher. I find this institution to be a worthy candidate for learning the arcane.
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

Name: Asliendor

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Subjects to be followed: (All of them)

- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Battle Magic and Tactics.
- Elemental Magic
- Field Experiments and Research
- Magical Cultures and Sub sects
- Illusion Magic
- Creative Literature

Personal remarks: Hello. I would like to learn magic because I have been studying it for many years, but I do not have a teacher yet. So I wish to join the Academy in hopes that a teacher will choose to guide me on my way to becoming a mage like my brother once was.
Last edited by Sirith-Rym on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rogas Krad

Post by Rogas Krad »

Name: Xarek Bandargo

Subjects to be followed:
I would like to learn about all of the subjects, altough I would be greatly interested in Battle magic and tactics and in the art of Necromancy.

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
-New Language

Personal remarks: I can provide myself with equipment so there is no reason for my master to spend money on me. Also, I have been interested in magic for a long time, and in my travels I have talked to many mages and scholars.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I hereby accept both Xarek Bandargo and Asliendor as my apprentices. Any aspiring mages who are interested in meeting me may do so if they wish.

~Roland
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

you're a bit late.. i accepted Xarek 2 days ago.

however i dont mind sharing him he is rather good looking..
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A notice is posted both in the Academy Library as well as the Troll's Bane Library

A lesson shall be held on the topic of Magic Theory on 08. Chos 32 at 9:00:00 ((06. February 2011, 19:00:00 GMT +1)). All current students, as well as anyone who has filled out an application (Or fills one out with in a few days) is welcome to attend.
For current students, this is an excellent chance to increase your knowledge in a field that is mandatory for all students.
For applicants, this is the perfect chance to both see the academy, and to meet some of the Master Mages who may be looking for apprentices.

Any questions may be posted here, or sent by dove.

~Roland Ross
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The lesson itself shall take place at the Academy. A SINGLE portal shall be provided at the Troll's Bane Library approximately 15 minutes before the lesson. If you do not plan to walk, be on time.

~Roland Ross
Xavtrax

Post by Xavtrax »

Name: Xavtrax

Subjects to be followed:

- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic

Personal remarks: I have already learned ancient and a little bit of illusion magic with Athian Corulas, very long ago, however the lesson was interrupted and I did not learn more afterwards.
Findril Iluvanor

Post by Findril Iluvanor »

Name:
-Findril

Race:
-Elf

Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

Subjects to be followed:
-Artificing
-Field Experiments and Research
-Magic Theory or Elemental Magic

-both

Personal remarks:
-
Chanter

Post by Chanter »

Name: Chanter Coppermoon
-
Race:Elf
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Either, I have no preference
-

Subjects to be followed:
Magic Theory
Battle Magic and Tactics
Elemental Magic

-New Languague, Making effort to learn the old

Personal remarks:
- I believe that I would be an formidable student, dedicated to its study and that I do learn very fast and well. Thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by Chanter on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

On the door of the academy is pinned a note written in a sloppy way, due to haste and a lack of care.
Name: Corvus Natsu'pah

Race: Elf

Mage\battlemage: who cares really

Subjects to be followed: anything that will help me get around easy and kill orcs

Personal remarks: I am hobbled by a broken body thanks to the orcs. I can no longer get by on my physical abilities. I am very smart and have a natural talent for magic. I once ignored this but now see it is my only way forward. I will be a dedicated student.

signed in a flowing script

Corvus Natsu'pah
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Name: Tanis Bluegale

Subjects to be followed:

- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic

Personal remarks:
I come to join the academy to find a teacher as so many do. I have already studied some theory but am sure there is more to learn. I cannot say that I am more deserving than the other students, but i can definitely say I want education as much as the rest of the applicants.
~T. Bluegale.
Semirama

Post by Semirama »

Name: Semirama
-
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage (elementalist)
-
Subjects to be followed:

Magic Theory
Elemental Magic
Field Experiments and Research
Illusion Magic
Blood Magic
-
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)):

New is the language I speak.

-
Personal remarks:
I have been a student of elemental magic theory throughout my life on the continent, and humbly ask the Magic Academy the great honor to enlighten and educate me further. I have been assessed as arcanely gifted, and being a quick and dedicated study. My intentions are to go in depth into magical teachings and learn control of magic which flows so strongly around me. I hope to become a prominent member of the Academy, to be able to contribute my research and study time to the institution's knowledge collection.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Another piece of parchment is left in the Troll's Bane library as well as the Magic Academy Library

A final reminder to all those who have withheld their applications to date.

Although you are both welcome, and encouraged to attend the lesson that shall be held tomorrow, you will NOT be considered for apprenticeship if your application is not completely and properly filled out and posted before the beginning of tomorrows lesson. Therefor, it is highly encouraged that your applications are posted ON TIME.

~Roland Ross

At the Academy, two additional pieces of parchment are attached
Name:
- Rapath Vulochh
Race:
- Lizard
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic

I may speak the old language better than the new but I think I am able to handle both.
Aye,

Ere is my application fur the Magic Academy:

Race: Orc

Name: Zilla

Mage

Im lookin fur a Master.

Zilla
Athian

Post by Athian »

A small notation can be found marking the parchments left within the library and the academy
Evan Ross wrote: A final reminder to all those who have withheld their applications to date.

Although you are both welcome, and encouraged to attend the lesson that shall be held tomorrow, you will NOT be considered for apprenticeship if your application is not completely and properly filled out and posted before the beginning of tomorrows lesson. Therefor, it is highly encouraged that your applications are posted ON TIME.

~Roland Ross
As this might be confusingly worded; Be advised that instructor Roland only speaks for himself in this manner, and likely only for this particular occasion. Applications are still to be placed here regardless of individual teachers lessons and shall be reviewed by those interested and capable in instructing apprentices, whom will contact the applicant if they are interested. Any applications placed after this appointed date, or by those not interested in learning from mister Ross are still quite valid.

Master Athian Corulas
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

In approximately one dwarven hour, a portal will be opened in the Troll's Bane Library for anyone interested in attending the lesson. Fifteen minutes after that, the lesson will start at the academy.

~Roland Ross
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A final note is posted:
Any students interested in the lesson should be at the Library now.

~Roland Ross
SalveetVale

Post by SalveetVale »

Name:
Soran
Race:
elf
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage
Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic

old language

If you have questions send me a dove.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Liebe Studenten,
um euren Lehrplan etwas aufzulockern, haben wir beschlossen, euch ein kleinees Spiel anzubieten. Natürlich gibt es auch etwas zu gewinnnen! Wir treffen uns in der Bibliothek Trolls Banes am 02. Mas 32 um 15:00:00 ((12. February 2011 - 21:00:00 Uhr deutscher Zeit)), genaueres erfahrt ihr dann vor Ort.

~Celdea&Felbion

-------

Dear students,
for opening you sylabus for a bit fun, we decided to make a little game for you. For sure, there is something to win too! We meet in the library of Trolls Banes on the 02. Mas 32 at 3:00:00 pm ((12. February 2011 21:00PM gmt+1)). More informaton you will get in place.

~Celdea&Felbion
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

*You may notice, that something has changed in the date*
Vayne

Post by Vayne »

Name: Vayne Dramm

Subjects to be followed:

- Magic Theory
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic

Personal remarks: For many years I have lived beside my brother, who was gifted with magic at birth.
I have therefor picked up many skills and tactics in the arm of magical combat.
I will be avalible to meet day or night, rain or shine.

-Vayne Dramm
Falk

Post by Falk »

Name: Falk

Mage/Battlemage: Mage, as I am too old to weild a sword.

Subjects to be followed:
I wish to seek knowledge in the following..

- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Elemental Magic
- Illusion Magic
- Creative Literature

Personal remarks: I have studied the arcain arts for many years and only now do I wish to apply.
I believe in that knowledge brings greatness which is why I am looking to be taught in all subjects.
I can be found in various librarys around the isle and will be happy to meet with a teacher when the time suits them.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

My lessons are and will be henceforth, unless further notice is given, (( every Sunday from about this time (what ever time it says i sent this.) to when ever i decide it should end..)) I will be visiting each town for a while, or I can be found at the inn if I haven't already left.. You're not late so long as you show up. If you are learning runes it's first come first serve. As I understand there is a limit to the number of students I can give runes thus the first come part.

~whisper~
Professor of Rune Lor and Applied Magic Fundamentals
Fire and Water

Post by Fire and Water »

The following letter starts off neatly written in the lizard language quickly scratches off and rewritten in common...

After extensive research and careful studies I have sought out the best magic school in all the land. Unfortunately the city of Lor-Angur is not suitable to my liking and I’m sure that it will please you to know that I have chosen to settle for studies at the Magic Academy of Gobiath. I would hope to meet my prospective teacher soon so that I may begin my studies in earnest. The following is my application filled out in full.

Name: Murdok

Race: Lizardfolk

Subjects to be followed:
Artificing
Necromancy
Blood Magic
Battle Magic and Tactics.
Elemental Magic
Magical Cultures and Sub sects
Illusion Magic
Creative Literature
Practical Magic
Magic Theory
and anything else related or pertaining to these subjects

New

The lengthy signature is written out in the characters of the lizard alphabet and neatly placed beneath a simple name is written in common...

MurdoK
Athian

Post by Athian »

Be greeted citizens,

Today, I was able to finalize a deal that has been in the works since my inception as Governor of Troll's Bane. Strengthening the bonds of the Town and the ways of the Arcane and bringing a culture to this town of higher learning. The Town of Troll's Bane and the Magic Academy have reached a conclusion on a deal that will give them more presence within our town and defend our borders in times of upheaval and war.

Though it will only be on a strictly voluntary basis, the Academy will also assume a position within the Army of Gobaith, which will readily and most assuredly mean their added defensive capabilities in supporting our town against outsider forces. We have also gained a much needed and valuable ally in the continued campaign to rid this island of banditry and corruption. These bandits include any groups that openly oppose the safety and well being of the citizens of Troll's Bane, including these small crops of outlaws that seem to be revealing themselves to be staunch supporters of overthrowing the Government.

Their institution will build it's presence in Troll's Bane through the use of the learning center of our fair town. The library will now be placed within the care of the Academy, to be used as their center of operations, and their embassy in town. Hopefully, with such a direct involvement within our town, citizens will have a better chance of being students of the arts. Should anyone have questions or concerns dealing with this matter, your messages will promptly be removed. Please direct those to me personally.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
This Proclamation made by the former Governor Elijah between himself and the Absent Arch-mage Avalyon el'Hattarr, from this day shall be annulled and the library returned to it's proper owners, the inhabitants of Trollsbane. Along with this any promise of alliance between the academy and the political and military factions of Trollsbane shall also be annulled henceforth and the academy shall return to it's original mandate of being a neutral faction on the isle. No further alliances shall be made by the academy and any political or militant faction in Gobiath. should a student decide themselves they seek to join with a faction they of course may do so, however not under the name or banner of the Magic academy.

As a second matter of business

unofficially speaking the Academy ground have been opened for the use of teachers and students alike, so now i shall go about making it official . In the past the academy has been under heavy lock and key for what i can see as no other reason then for some mage's to spite other mage's. This will stop now; the academy will be open for use for any mage whom wishes to teach their students. further more access to the teaching room will be allowed to those magican's who are capable and able to use it, however it will be required that you at least name yourselves via personal message, and later formal list. All mages using the teaching room are responsible for there own actions and those of there apprentices. All that is asked is that you be respect of the academy grounds and the general rules of the academy, which i will also be taking under review. Those whom abuse the teaching room or the academy grounds will be forbidden its use, this at least will not change form the prior rules.

Guest's are also now welcome upon academy grounds, under the same rule that they respect the grounds and not damage anything or anyone.

Those that wish use of the teaching room, please contact myself in the coming day so that i may take roster of those whom will be teaching via the academy. This roster can also be used to reference students and apprentices between teachers should you find your personal class to full to take on someone whom you believe has the merits to learn.

Should this arrangement cause issue with any of the current almost completely absent staff members of the academy, please do feel free to send me a letter, which will promptly be burnt to cinders along with your opinions. Those whom do no work for the academy, nor for the future of magic on this isle no longer has any say in the academies operations.

Cordially yours
Master Athian Corulas
Athian

Post by Athian »

The following are all the instructors whom have named themselves as users of the academy grounds:

Whisper
Kyre
Roland Ross
Amarien von Varda
Athian Corulas
Orren Padick
Verdazar

If those above could list the names of their students for Tally. Do be sure to assign if they are in there finishing stages (18+runes) or there progressing stage (17th rune or below) or if the student is inactive (has no received any runes yet). This is solely of posterity sake, rest assured no student will be disbared by name alone. Only poor actions on the part of the student would result in such actions, and this is left in the most part to the disgression the the teacher so long as none of the academy rues are in violation. The rules will be under review shortly, and i would like to hear the opinions of all instructors using the academy ground on that matter. I shall spare a few more days for sake up updating this list, then i would like to meet with those interested.

student lists can be sent to me directly.

Master Athian Corulas
Guy

Post by Guy »

Name:
Guy Keating.

Race:
Human.

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage.

Subjects to be followed:
Elemental Magic
Creative Literature
Magic Theory
Practical Magic
Illusion Magic
Necromancy

I speak the new language.

Personal remarks:

I'm quite advanced in age, but it's never too late to teach an old dog n... *the message seems to be scribbled out here* Despite my age, I intend to learn the Arcane arts. I've always shown a keen ability to understand abstract thoughts and I believe it's time I apply my intelligence to something that I can help defend myself with.
Uglug

Post by Uglug »

Application is written in large block letters. Several words are scratched out then misspelled again.

Meh name beh Kruel
Meh male orc ob impressive standing
Meh live more winters den three times meh fingers an toes
Meh speak da new common an orc languages. meh beh verry smart
Meh want learn all da magic things. Meh hab own magic stick but think id beh broke as id not go poof when meh want id ta.

Joo send bird ta meh. Id beh sure ta find meh since dhey always do when dhey need ta poop.

Kruel