The Magic Academy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arya

Post by Arya »

`~the parchment has been ripped off~
Last edited by Arya on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirabell

Elynah, young Novice on a quest for wisdom.

Post by Mirabell »

Name: Yisabella
Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage:

Im interested in reading every good book and stick my nose into every interesting science, it could be metamagic ore other fieldtopics, or the art of war.

Subjects to be followed:
magic theory, metamagic and warmagic.

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
Old and new language, Native speaker of the old language. I speak both enough to learn and do magic in both languages.

Personal remarks:
I am a curious person which loves to stick her nose into books, and use my knowledge when it has tobe - I know its a serious thing.
Everything is worth to be explored, important is how you use your knowledge. I think much of it is hidden in dark tombs. I love to work on the fiiel of Meta magic and develop new spells and theorieses. I know magic is dangerous and should be learned and use wisely. Im interested into Metamagic, not just fighting with it. I got early experience with magic while living with my brother, who teached me about main motives of the Arcane crafts. I love to work with this sience and see how this things develop with much engagement. I want to study in your Akademy, because of its variety.
[/code]
Last edited by Mirabell on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Thanks for the many doves, I didn't quite expect such an interest.
I will be in Bane soon
((tonight in about.. ..dunno..five hours? and tomorrow -> Saturday)), a note here will inform you about the exact time, everyone is free to come and meet me then in the Fluffy Sheep Tavern.
~ Pro. M

~ Don't feel offended if I don't respond to all your letters one by one, there are just too many of them!
Matron

Post by Matron »

A little note is attached to the first:

I am in Bane now, come and find me!
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

The Magic Academy proudly announces that Verdazar Ivinius has taken the robes of an Archmage. He shall be the third leader of this institution.

- Archmage el'Hattarr
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

In the dead of night on one of her increasingly rare visits back to the Academy to get some supplies, the witch leaves a parchment in the library written in red.

I have become increasingly involved in the making of charms and have little time to teach magic at the moment. You may take the witch from the list.

Agrona
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Members of the Academy, Citizens of Gobaith

In order to ensure the security of Gobaith, and to maximise the effectiveness of the Governors new initiative, the Magic Academy of Gobaith offers its support in all endeavors to the new formation of the Army of Gobaith. We hope that with the aid of the settlements of Gobaith we can create a force capable of defending against the myriad threats that have besieged the island, and those future ones we have yet to face. To show our support for this initiative, the Magic Academy will offer arcane training to all capable members of the Army of Gobaith for the duration of their deployment. In addition, a number of our mages will also provide direct combat support should the Army face hostilities from outside threats.

- Archmage El'Hattarr.
Graphicus

Post by Graphicus »

Name:
Vharrus Bloodburner
Race:
-Orc
Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Necromancy
- Blood Magic
- Battle Magic and Tactics.
- Elemental Magic
- Magical Cultures and Sub sects
- Creative Literature

New Language

Personal remarks:
For a long time I have followed the simple path of a Pilgrim, seeking knowledge and wisdom throughout the lands I have explored. I see now that what I have found is tiny compared to what I could learn from the Academy and it's mages. I wish to learn about and finally use the magic I have witnessed and bring honour to my name and the name of this academy.
Felbion Lijawyn

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

Due to the fact that I cannot agree to the behaviour of some of the members of the Magic Academy, I would like to announce that I do no longer wish to be a part of this guild. I wish all the students the best luck on their way through the studies and hope that this won't influence any possible future relations between me and members of the Academy in a bad way.

~Felbion Lijawyn
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

A carefully written note is securely placed on the board. The handwriting is very flowing and easy to read.

Name
Shandra

Race
Elven

Mage/Battlemage
Mage

Subjects
Magic Theory
Illusion Magic
Elemental Magic
Artificing

Old language/New Language
New Language

Personal notes
While I am young I intend to study hard and work for the betterment of the school and the world.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

*Neu aufgehängt*

Name:
Djawad Djussuf
Race:
Mensch
Mage/Battlemage:
Magier

Subjects to be followed:
-Magische Theorie
-Necromatie
-Elementarmagie
-Illusionsmagie

-Alte Sprache

Personal remarks:

Ich Warte in Kumdah und würde mich über eine Taube freuen.
Last edited by Manitu on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I'm afraid that the courses on Artificing will be rare and far inbetween, but undoubtebly you students will be able to study your other subjects.

-Bobarius

((Inactive for a while now, will likely remain so for quite some time.))
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

A dove flies by carrying a note:

Are there any healers who can come to the hospital in Bane?? Please it's urgent!!
Freedomworker

Application

Post by Freedomworker »

Name: Corael
Race: Elven

Mage/Battlemage:
Having little experience with magic I'm interested in all aspects, and in learning from the magic academy would hope to find my calling as Mage or Battlemage ((for ooc purposes this character is a battlemage))

Subjects to be followed:
Magic Theory, Field Experiments and Research, Elemental Magic

Old language ((German)) / New language ((English))
New Language ((English))

Personal remarks:
I have never been so sure to anything as I am that magic is my calling. My sincerest gratitude to a wise teacher who is willing to take me as an apprentice and shine a guiding light on my destiny's path.
Matron

Post by Matron »

So far Whisper is the only person who sent me his homework. If others think they actually did send something, it got lost and I will need a second copy.
Even the one student who dropped out sent me his work within a day, be ashamed!
To those who contacted me about a meeting and didn't get one yet:
Sorry, I will be in the Trolls Bane shop in a dwarven hour, feel free to come and apply.
~ PMMMM
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Name:
- Lizzie Mayfield
Race:
- Human
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Elemental Magic
- Creative Literature

- New language.

Personal remarks:
- Word on the mainland is that the Magic Academy here on Gobaith is quite good, so I've come to learn from the best.
Savertin

Post by Savertin »

Name: Savertin Trallo

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage, but interested in the field of Magia Galad as well

Subjects to be followed:
- Elemental Magic
- Magic Theory
- Battle Magic and Tactics
- More to come when there is time to learn

Old language / New Language
Both, the old language as native tongue but the new one fluent as well

Personal remarks:

Dear reader,
I hope I won't bore you by telling you my motivation to become a student here. If you are not interested in it, you can still stop reading here.
You already read a lot of things in the short description of me, but to understand why I applying to this academy, you should know that I was born in a small village. I never have been like the other children round this village. When they were playing outside, I preferred to read a book for example.
One day a man in a robe rested for the night in our village. I talked a lot with him. He told me that I have some potential in me and that I should try to apply for a magic academy. It took some time till I convinced my parents, but then I packed my things and moved to Gobiath.

Sincerely yours

Savertin Trallo
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

Greetings My Fellow Academy Students and teachers as well. i Am in need of some assistance.

i would like to ask for some help in arranging a ritual in order to enchant my inn against it being burned down. after having seen it rise and fall far too many times. i would like it very much if some form of fire barrier could be made to prevent arson in the future.. also i noticed today there are two places in the inn where portals open. one such place is inside a room that is usually locked. it would be ever so nice if there is a way to move that opening to the hall way.

please do send doves if you are experienced and interested. i think this would also be a great opportunity for young students and hopefuls to see the power of the mages who have spent their time in study of the arcane arts. may all of us learn something great together!

~whisper~
Matron

Post by Matron »

I'm losing track of my students. All those who are still around, please gather in Bane ((tonight in about 6-8 hours or even later, since most of the students are American)) for a little meeting and "group-discussion". We're going to check out some of the stories, poems, whatsoever we got so far before I'll take on the task of getting them copied and *an ink-spot indicates that Magnus was at a loss of words* bookified.
~PMMMM

PS: Apprentices, join us. This is another chance to get my support for your admission.
Estelwen

Post by Estelwen »

Name:
- Estelwen Caladhiel
Race:
-Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
- Battlemage preferably

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Elemental Magic
- Necromancy

- New language

Personal remarks:
- I am very keen to learn the art of magic, although i know little about it so far, but I am excited at the prospect of studying.
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

Name:
- Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Race:
- elf

Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Elemental Magic
- Creative Literature

- New language

Personal remarks:
I have a great respect for the mages I have met in my limited travels. It is my wish to share in the wisdom of the Academy to the benefit of others.
Armun

Post by Armun »

Name:
- Armun
Race:
- Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed: I suspect these will not be my permanent choices once I am better aware of the classes
- Illusion Magic
- Battle magic
- Artificing (when the class becomes available)
- New language
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Greetings,

Jaiyra el'Brahminn is hereby banned for life from the Magic Academy for provocation and disrespectful behaviour towards an Archmage.

- Archmage el'Hattarr
Jaiyra el'Brahminn

Post by Jaiyra el'Brahminn »

*looks over the latest post, shaking her head slightly. She takes pen in hand, preparing a reply then puts it away saying to herself, "A comment would be beneath my dignity. He is not to be blamed for his weakness. He is to be pitied." and walks away, giving the incident no further thought*
Athian

Post by Athian »

Avaylon

Do me the favor of speaking to me before you begin attempting to ban my students, as I'm curious to what disrespect was shown to you. Jaiyra is rather well spoken and behaves herself well as far as I have seen. I will look forward to your address and hope for a prompt response.

Master
Athian Corulas
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Members of the Academy,

Please congratulate Whisper for passing his mage exam as well as the movement in rank of Roland Ross from Initiate to Mage for his services and dedication towards this institution. Also, from this day forward, Mage Roland Ross shall be the Academy's representative in the City of Trolls Bane.

On a different note, I want to remind all members of the Academy of the standing alliance agreement between this institution and the Trolls Bane. While we have no duty as guards and the Academy shall not get get involved with most trivialities, we shall aid this city against it's enemies, external and internal. Thus, I want to thank the members that have helped Bane in it's troubled times with this uprising.

Also, I shall remind all members that aiding an enemy of Bane in any way, or being part of any organized or unorganized groups meant to harm this city or it's government, shall lead to irreversible expulsion and lifetime banning from the Academy grounds and facilities.

- Archmage el'Hattarr
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

It has come to my attention that the elfess known as Jaiyra el'Brahminn was recently arrested in Troll's Bane on charges of Arson as well as Encouraging Rebellion.
Having witnessed the crimes myself, I assure the High Council that these reports are accurate and she had, in fact attempted to commit such actions.
I believe appropriate actions must be taken by the Council in order to ensure that such crimes are not repeated by members of the Academy, and to ensure that Troll's Bane is aware that this action was not approved by the Academy.

Roland Ross,
Representative of Troll's Bane
Farian

Post by Farian »

Name:
Farian Moonwhisper

Race:
Elf

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Artificing
- Field Experiments and Research
- Elemental Magic

New Language

Personal remarks:
I am new to this land, but have a keen interest in all the magic arts. As it is not too urgent I have chosen the above that interest me. Anyway I hope to be accepted so that I may better myself in the ways of magic.
Ultimata

Post by Ultimata »

*Attached to the board is a piece of parchment*

Name:
-Kyle Jones

Race:
- Human

Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Blood Magic
- Battle Magic and Tactics.
- Elemental Magic
- Field Experiments and Research
- Illusion Magic
- Creative Literature

- New language

Personal remarks:
- I have always had an interest in magic as well as respect for mages which has prompted me to become a mage. Although I have no skill towards the use of magic, I am willing to learn as much as nessessary to come up to the standards held by the academy.
Rhombus

Post by Rhombus »

Name:
Virgil Lionell

Race:
- Human

Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Elemental Magic

- New language

Personal remarks:
I seek knowledge and this academy is the best place where I may receive what I aspire to learn. With guidance I am confident I will become a fine mage who in turn will become an asset to the academy. Thank you for this opportunity.