The Magic Academy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ephiduin

Post by Ephiduin »

Name:
Ephiduin.

Race:
Elve.

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage.

Subjects to be followed:
  • Magic Theory
    Battle Magic and Tactics
    Field Experiments and Research
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)):
New language.

Personal remarks:
After having completed my Navro'anai, I feel the wish to learn magic. I'm patient, inquisitive and loyal. Those who will teach me will become very pleased about my skill and will to learn.

~Ephidium
Blay

Post by Blay »

Name:
Razal Venbrosi

Race:
Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Subjects to be followed:
  • Magic Theory
    Battle Magic and Tactics
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)):
Both.

Personal remarks:
I am interested in many things, such as history, different cultures. With my grandfather being a mage I decided to learn a bit more about it, and now I feel strongly inclined to become a mage, just like him. I am a very adaptive and responsible person.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Name: Kalesh.

Race: Elven.

Mage/Battlemage: Mage.

Subjects to be followed:
Magic Theory
Battle Magic and Tactics

Personal remarks:
Born in a family of mages, it has always been my fate and task to learn the art aswell.
Like my parents, grandparents and many generations before me, i want to move forward
and break new ground never walked on by me before.

Though i have no practical knowledge, i archieved basic theoretical orientations from my family.
I am calm, loyal, patient and i will remain defiant whatever it takes.

I am capable of speaking the new tongue fluently, aswell as the old, so the communication would not be a problem.

Sincerly yours,
~Kalesh

Athian

Post by Athian »

I will be holding a preliminary class for Battle magic and tactics in the coming days ((Sunday approximately 6pm GMT))

All interested in the class welcome to attend. We will be going over general aspects of the class as well as evaluating the group potential of the participants so that the class can be best adjusted to suit the current need.

Another preliminary class will be held at a time to be announced for anyone who misses the first.

Athian Corulas
Athian

Post by Athian »

A small note has been placed beneath the message above

This class will be beginning soon. If any plan to attend they should meet on the practice field of the academy.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

ANNOUNCEMENT

Professor Magnus Mannfred Magenta Magnol shall begin teaching the class of Creative Literature which will be a mandatory class for all students.

The council has come to realize that not all students come to classes. Please take care because your presence is noted and will greatly influence your chances of being taken as apprentice by one of the teachers. Expecting the Academy to give you runes without any contribution from your part, is totally inadequate and will be treated as such.
It has been decided that a student that does not meet a minimum number of attended classes, shall be expelled.

- Archmage el'Hattarr
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

There is a parchment on the Academy board that sometimes appears, other times may disappear altogether. The writing can be seen to be in Common, Elven, or Ancient depending on who is reading it. The words are written with a strange dark reddish color in eloquent cursive...

There will be a class on Illusion for all slaves..

The previous word is crossed out hastily.

..students in three dwarfen days (( Saturday 1600 GMT or 1000 CST ))

Anyone that sends a raven to tell me they are coming will receive a temporary charm of protection from witches.

~Agrona~

A small disclaimer is written at the bottom so tiny some may not see.

There is no guarantee on any charms.
Fira

Post by Fira »

Name:Farrah

Race:Elven

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Subjects to be followed:
Magic Theory
Elemental Magic
Battle Magic and Tactics

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language

Personal remarks:
Altough I am still very young I promise I will do my best to learn about the Arcane arts.
Hushed

Post by Hushed »

Name: Axin

Race: Human

Subjects to be followed:
  1. Magic Theory
  2. Field Experiments and Research
  3. Magical Cultures and Sub Sects
Language
New Language

Personal remarks:
I, being mainly a scholar of the unnatural and uncommon phenomenon of Illarion, come to Gobaith to continue my research in Necromancy and mortal intervention in biological life. I believe that the education that I could receive from this Academy would allow me to further my research, perhaps even to the point of being able to explain various occurrences. Although I do believe my true character shines more through a personal interview rather than through a written application. If you have any questions of my dedication to my studies or my work ethic then please contact me.
Matron

Post by Matron »

To all my future students:

1.) Greetings
2.) Leave a note with your name in the little box which I put up in the library
((PM to me)), so I can figure just how many precious minds have to be attended to
3.) Since I am no tyrant, feel free to also note what times would suit you best for our classes
((also PM to me / when are you available?))
4.) Get quills and ink as well as many rolls of parchment, there is going to be some writing
5.) Prepare your questions, people usually have a lot of these and I intend to do my best to answer them - except for questions about subjects that are taught by others than me
6.) Our first meeting will be announced as soon as I got the first notes
7.) Be well, I am curious to get to know you

~ Magnus Mannfred Magenta Magnol
Derion

Post by Derion »

Name: Daris

Subjects to be followed:
Magic Theory
Battle Magic and Tactics

Language: Old language and a bit new
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A small parchment in neat cursive handwriting is placed near the lighthouse by a person or persons unknown:

The witch will be unexpectedly delayed with her class on Illusion (( will be ig in one hour )) due to being in the middle of a ritual.

The parchment remains unsigned.
Matron

Post by Matron »

First lesson of "Creative Literature" will be in fifty dwarven hours.
~Professor M&M&M&M

A giant hour glass stands next to the board to show how much time is left. ((will update it every now and then, so people won't get the time wrong))
Matron

Post by Matron »

First lesson of "Creative Literature" is postponed.
It will be in thirty-two dwarven hours from now on. Hopefully more of you are pleased with this time.
~Professor M&M&M&M

A still giant, but smaller than the first, hour glass stands next to the board to show how much time is left. ((I will maybe update it every now and then, so people won't get the time wrong))
Avalyon el'Hattarr

ANNOUNCEMENT

We sadly inform that Dronrul Berokar has retired from his service as Archmage, because of personal reasons. We thank him for the good job he has done and wish him luck in his work.

- Archmage el'Hattarr
Matron

Post by Matron »

And class is postponed again.
I lost the sheet with my notes for the lesson, so I will have to plan it once more. A new time will be announced soon.
~ M.
Jonno

Re: The Magic Academy

Post by Jonno »

Name: John Adams

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Field experiments and research
- Illusion Magic

- New language

Personal remarks:
- Perhaps my age will off-put some of you, but rest assured my mind is as sharp as ever. I hope you will see that I have the wisdom of experience, and yet the exuberance of at least a middle-aged man.
Lidian

Post by Lidian »

Name:
- Lidian

Race:
- Human

Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Magic Theory
- Artificing
- Field Experiments and Research
- Magical Cultures and Sub sects
- Elemental Magic

- New Language

Personal remarks:
- As a scholar of the arcane arts, I think learning in the magic academy would help me enhance my research in the arcane arts, and achieve more advanced results.
Athian

Post by Athian »

A lesson in Magical Cultures and Sub sects will be held in two dwarven days (friday 6pm GMT)

And a repeat lesson the day after at the same time.

Attending either class is suitable for those interested. Please send a dove letting me know which day you plan to attend if any

Master Athian Corulas
Athian

Post by Athian »

The lesson will begin shortly, those attending should begin to gather at the academy. If transport is needed send a dove to me.

Athian Corulas
Athian

Post by Athian »

Today's lesson is canceled due to lack of student participation

Due to the sheer lack of student interest in taking lessons, which i believe all teachers current have learned. I petition two things.

Firstly

Students who have made no effort to attend any lessons until this date, be permanently disbarred from the academy forever. it becomes painfully obvious that students to the academy, while once complaining about the lack of activity in the past, have no intention of taking part in activities and lessons held in the academy grounds. I believe many simply want runes with no knowledge, and many more simply believe that they can wait until "they" are interested enough to attend lessons. I for one have no intention of being subject to the time of students. There is no reason a student cannot pick up a quill and inform a teacher if they are unable to attend a lesson. If to this day a novice has not attended even a single lesson, they have no need to be here.

Secondly

Admonishment for novices, Mages and potentials that do not attend lessons they have notified attendance with. unless they specifically contact a the lesson holder to say otherwise, tardiness and absence should not be tolerated when one has made promised to attend a lesson. Potential students who ask to attend lessons (which is a boon given by a teacher considering the student is not formally accepted) and then do not show up for the intended lessons I feel have forfeited any chance in entering the academy. the sheer lack of respect coupled with the inability to keep a simple appointment proves this. Novices who are consistently tardy will simply receive no runes, and should eventually be expelled if they are incapable. Mages who seek further runes or the capacity to teach in the future should also receive admonishment, if the behavior becomes too prominent, further runes and the right to teach should become forfeit.

As for myself, I will no longer give any lessons openly and will only teach by personal request of a student. I will take no apprentices under normal circumstances, unless a student can prove they are worth the time with there effort. And starting from this point onward, any student who arranges lessons with myself and fails to attend will be banned from attending any future lessons i might decide to hold.

That is all

Master Athian Corulas
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A small parchment written in a strange red ink is added to the Magic Academy board under the last one.

Master Athian Corulas,

We haven't met yet, but I wish to apologize for not reading the board before planning a new ritual. I certainly hope the two used were not your intended students. The ritual didn't quite come out as expected however, and I am not sure you will have those students any longer.

Agrona
Avalyon el'Hattarr

ANNOUNCEMENT

To all masters and professors. Please provide a list with all the students that have attended your classes until this date. Also a small note about each student's activity in said class will be welcomed.

To all students. Those who have not attended a single class until this date, shall be expelled and banned from the Academy grounds, with not chance for reapplying. Ever.

- Archmage el'Hattarr
MewmewGirl

Post by MewmewGirl »

Here is a copy of my application which is still yet hanging on the old Magic Academy board:

Name: Caitatha
-
Race: Elf
-
-
-
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)): New Language
-

Personal remarks:

I can promise is that I shall not start to learn and run off. I would dedicate myself to the Academy and to my teacher. If someone finds that teaching me is the right idea, I will stay through all my training and be with the Academy still afterwards. I will do my very best to make as many lessons as possible.

I have... issues... which from all the research I have done I have learned that only study within this field will help me. These are not things I am able to write for all to read. These are things I must discuss with a teacher in private. I need to speak with those able to teach. Only then can you really understand why I need the help and guidance of the Academy. Please feel free to request this information from me. Some of you may find that you have received this information already through Doves.

Caitatha
Matron

Post by Matron »

You all read the headmaster, last chance for us!
I figured the best time for all to attend would most likely be..
~something about time and stuff*~..so make sure you attend. If someone can't attend at all for really, really good reasons, he or she might contact me to find another solution, I am still pretty cooperative!
The lesson will be held in front of the academy gates if I do not manage to get a key until then.

~MMMM

~ Someone has to find and remind me if I forget about the lesson ((really, someone send me a PM or a ring in MSN in case I fall asleep! :O))

*((Tuesday, August 3rd, 2AM GMT+2 <- that is pretty late/early for me, so I'd welcome a proper amount of people ;D))
Last edited by Matron on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anzula

Post by Anzula »

Name:
Anzula Varjo

Race:
Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Subjects to be followed:
- Necromancy
- Blood magic
-

Old language
Felbion Lijawyn

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

A white parchment has been pinned to the wall with small silver nails. The writing on it is very clear and looks somewhat artistic.

Name:
-Felbion Lijawyn
Race:
-Elven
Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

Subjects to be followed:
-Artificing
-Elemental Magic
-Magic Theory

-Both

Personal remarks:
-I have come to Gobaith to learn more about the world I live in and the creatures that wander on it amongst me. I am a capable writer, reader and listener and eager to learn. Thus I would be glad if I could join the Academy to follow those interrests.

~Felbion Lijawyn
Lia

Post by Lia »

Name:
Liasany Antalya Elanya el Luastelay

Race:
Elves

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Subjects to be followed:
Magic Theory
Necromancy
Blood Magic
Battle Magic and Tactics.
Elemental Magic
Illusion Magic

Old language

Personal remarks:
Already since decades it is a tradition in my family the women the path of the magic walk.
I would like to maintain this tradition and continue in also I the path of the magic goes.
Matron

Post by Matron »

To Whisper and Ssari,
feel free to send me your finished homeworks eventually. It's been a while now, I think you were able to write some lines.
To the others,
keep contacting me. There must be a time that suits me and you to meet.
~MMMM
Matron

Post by Matron »

To all those who left their applications recently, feel free to contact me for a personal meeting.
I am not necessarily in the position to make you a student but I'd be glad to get to know new faces.
~ Pro. M