The Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

In the next three dwarven days, anyone who thinks they own a public building* in Troll's Bane must send me a dove to prove this claim. If I do not get a dove in that time frame, the Town of Troll's Bane will consider the buildings void of ownership and do with it as it pleases.

I also wish to state that I've yet to collect taxes for this month from anyone. Please send me a dove if you wish to do so, which is a nesscery process in order to continue to operate your land or building.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane

*The Seahorse Inn, Apartments, and Fluffy Sheep Tavern are excluded.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Quietly reading the board as usual, Cay frowns seeing one message and just learning how to read may have missed a few words, but figures she got most of it correct as she digs some very old papers out of the hospital depot. Copying relevant words down she saves the entire parchment if it is requested of her. Placing now a small parchment under the post, writing partially in cursive, partially a child's block letter she smiles obviously happy with her efforts before turning away not realizing a stray herb dangled underneath.
Hospital Building
Owners: Owned by the Druids of the Forest. Untaxable due to contract.
Originally bought by Amras and Magnus who donated it to the druids.
Caynwyn Braedes
(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... e+hospital
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... e+hospital
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... e+hospital ))
Last edited by Caynwyn on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I'm extending another day to all those who have yet to speak with me dealing with land ownership. As for the message that is hung above this one, that doesn't prove much. It might if a signature was attached to the note, of course.

I'm also making a public list for those who have not paid their taxes this month:

• Phibol D'Woise
  • Velisai and Orioli
  • Edward Cromwell(2)

Please send me a dove if you wish to pay these taxes as soon as possible.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Reading the latest post proud of herself that much more is understandable, Cay begins to blush profusely and lifts the Governor's parchment to run her finger along her own muttering, "I could have sworn I did!" Then tearing off a piece of parchment from her own she pins it to the bottom of his.

Sorry Governor Elijah! It was me.. Cay, I wrote it!

..before signing her name all in cursive yet with not much room left on the now torn parchment, the writing is very tiny. She then begins to walk away and suddenly stops shaking her head before turning back and now frowning at her tiny signature on the other parchment, she signs this one larger.

Caynwyn Braedes
of the Free Druids
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Three new bills have been passed to ensure more rights to citizens and owners of land, as well as the general safety of the citizen base.

Land Ownership and Advancement bill

Any citizen who owns land in Troll's Bane or it's surrounding territories is eligible to receive governmental funding in exchange for the recipient advancing the land they own by making renovations and properly attending to the land. This “loan” will be repaid back to the town in the format of a higher tax for a brief period of time, depending entirely upon the amount burrowed. The Town will also benefit from this deal because it will advance the quality of building in our fair town and hopefully in turn, usher in a new decade of people settling here.

Ambitious people who wish to start a new business in town or outside it will also be eligible to this new plan as long as they are citizens of Bane.

1) All citizens of Bane who are in good standing with the town and own land may apply for a loan.
2) All citizens who request a loan from the town must have an established blueprint for what they want done and a basic estimate.
3) Citizens who abuse the system for personal gain will be stripped of their right to own land and be subject to arrest.
4) Tax will be raised by ten percent one dwarven month after the loan is issued.
5) Should no infrastructure renovations be undertaken within the dwarven month after the loan has been issued, the Government of Troll's Bane will request a full refund in replacement of the higher tax. The recipient may appeal this action.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Tax on Town resources

By this time next dwarven month all public buildings that are used for processing and crafting goods will be locked. This will be heavily monitored and discussed with the citizen base in Troll's Bane in order to gauge public reaction to such a thing. In order to gain access to the workshop, citizens must pay the price of the key. In order to gain access to the workshop, non citizens will have to pay the key price plus an extra five silvers.

A tax has also been placed on the use of the Copper mine outside town. Any none-citizen of Troll's Bane found to be accessing the mine will be subject to arrest and punishment unless they purchase a mining license of a monthly fee of five silvers.
Anyone found to be helping, meeting, or attempting to join Jefferson Gray in his attempt to topple the Government of Troll's Bane is hereby officially at the discretion of the Troll's Bane government and will be automatically put to the death at the time of capture. Guards and allies alike have the go ahead to attack on sight upon their entry into town and when their identities are officially found out.

Anyone with information regarding this group will be rewarded handsomely.
Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,
Tax on Town resources

By this time next dwarven month all public buildings that are used for processing and crafting goods will be locked. This will be heavily monitored and discussed with the citizen base in Troll's Bane in order to gauge public reaction to such a thing. In order to gain access to the workshop, citizens must pay the price of the key. In order to gain access to the workshop, non citizens will have to pay the key price plus an extra five silvers.
Due to the overwhelming amount of public reaction on the matter, as it was stated above in the bold passage, this move will be terminated and no longer be moved into action.

Thank you for the input,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Be greeted,

I just wanted to ask if there are empty houses in Troll´s Bane for rent? I´m interested in rent such a house if it´s possbile and could be done.

Alrik Grimler
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

The Town of Troll's Bane hereby assumes the suburb known as "Southfields" for use in a future building project.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Any disagreements or people awaiting pay may send those inquiries to me. I must remind some that guard payment isn't due to those who own property and forfeited their rental fees/taxes in exchange for no tax.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Elijah

Re: The Town of Troll's Bane

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

It seems one of the most dire and unfortunate problems plaguing my reign is the inability for me to keep myself around long enough to dispel rumors of a slanderous nature. Because my busy schedule leaves me without much time for simply walking among you, as one of you, I intend to sit up more and more citizenry meetings so that you may display your concerns in an open forum.

I shall hold one today, at the tavern in Troll's Bane at
(( 21:00 GMT 4PM EST))

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane