Ultimatums and choices

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Saigwin

Ultimatums and choices

Post by Saigwin »

Saigwin kneels, trembling by the well, his hands shaking even as they press into the grass in front of him. His pale face, a grim semblance of his normal, cheery self. As the cold chill leaves him he realises the demons have gone and slowly he gains some composure as he looks up to the sky...

Oh gods, what can I do..
Ushara protect us....

Slowly he gets to his feet, recalling his encounter with that dreadfull voice and fleeting glimces of a terror the likes of which he has never seen. Those words, by the five can they mean it.

A vial of blood from each of them, my beloved, my daughter...and to commit them to a living hell in the service of those creatures. At least that gave me the strength to keep my senses. They wanted fear so they got it, but what now. Yvanna!...she's alone.......

Saigwin ran downstairs and collected Meadow, sound to the world he was carefull not to wake her. Stopping by the table he quickly scribbles a note and once outside calls for a dove, sending it on its way once afixing the note. He whispers to himself "please come my friend, I need you"

With that he starts off to the northeast quickly finding his beloved mate collecting herders mushrooms as she ussually does. He stops a short distance away to compose himself..."Look at her, so lovely, so caring, how could they expect me to harm that which I love so dearly. I would sooner face a hundred demons."

Slowly he approaches, tears filling his eyes , she knows something is wrong immediately, never has Saigwin looked like this. He explains carefullly what happened and what the demons want......As he explains, a plan forms in his mind and they decide what needs to be done. First they need to get Meadow to safety...then...maybe..it is a small hope .. but it is something.....
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

Rachael stands anxiously at the mouth of the Temple, watching her daughter play. She could not deprive the child of four to go outdoors, but the paranoia the demons had infected the island with was strong in her. "At least we're out of the way." She mumbles, as the girl lets out a joyful laugh in discovery of a bug. She looks south towards the road, hopeful for a few friendly faces to come smiling over the horizon. She reached in her bag to touch the letter, the sheer cruelty of the story within had made her cringe. Enslavement of a man's wife and child? Making that man carry out the deed? She winced and finally, thinking of the letter's content, was driven to the edge of her boldness, and called to her daughter, shaking her head firmly at the requests for five more minutes.
Scooping the girl up, and slipping inside the temple that had become their makeshift home, she whispered in her little one's ear:

"Little love, you may have a playmate coming to stay. And if The Goddess wills it, even your aunty and uncle."

The girl, still idignant at her interrupted playtime didn't reply, but Rachael half-smiled. In this mess, a good friend would be quite welcome.
Saigwin

Post by Saigwin »

As night falls a cloaked and hooded figure silently moves through the trees near the temple of Varshikar. A shadow is more apt a description, barely 3 feet tall and moving so quiet as a cat would not notice. He clutches a small bundle tight to his chest as he takes a position not far from the entrance. Saigwin waits quietly, hardly breathing, his entire focus on his surroundings. His thoughts pouring over the letter he recieved. She will be watching for us she said. Come on woman, I can not hide long, not from the likes of them.

As he watches from the bushes he sees a slight movement at the entrance. Thank the Five.
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

Maia took a long time to fall asleep, and Rachael could not risk her coming outside. She would wake up with her father gone to help those in need of hiding, and a new baby in his place. Poor thing. She thinks to herself, casting a backwards glances at her daughter sleeping peacefully in her makeshift bed of ragged old clothes.

Rachael walks out the archway, glancing around as she hugs her arms around herself, already conditioned to feel anxious in open spaces. She searches the bushes, her eyes moving rapidly. Her eyes alight on Saigwin's figure and she jumps slightly in surprise at seeing anyone around. Quickly, she rushes to him, muttering a silent prayer of thanks for their safe arrival , pulling her cloak more tightly around herself at an invisible chill. [/i]
Yvanna

Post by Yvanna »

Alone in the forest, several miles away, a quiet figure sits, waiting .... While her bearing is calm, her anxiety is betrayed by the subtle tension in her posture and the fear at the back of her eyes.

In spite of herself, Yvanna releases a sigh. She had known that Saigwin would be quicker, quieter and less noticeable without her and so had urged him to take Meadow alone ... but the waiting has been even harder than she had expected ...

Where is he? ... She knows her love ... he is resourceful and clever ... surely he must come soon?

Again she peruses Rachel's response to her desperate plea the night before. So small a note ... but such a great amount of hope it brought them both ... knowing there was safety for their precious child ... and, if all hope failed ... Yvanna knew Rachel would give Meadow a good home.

Please! Just let him return ... telling her their baby is safe...
Saigwin

Post by Saigwin »

Saigwin rises to his full height and hugs Rachael with his free arm, the other clinging to Meadow. With a quick glance around he ushers her back inside.

Quickly, hopefully their watchers are blind to what goes on in the temple. Yvanna could not come but sends her love and thanks. I can not stay for she waits for me, and I want to draw as little attention to this place as possible.

With teary eyes he hands Meadow to Rachael, a soft lingering kiss on her forhead. He gives Rachael a bag of supplies and smiles softly to her..

She is all that is dear to us Rachael, keep her safe, I beg you.

With a gentle nod and kind words they say their farewells. Saigwin gives one last touch to Meadow's little hand and moves to the archway. He pulls his hood low over his head and moves quickly and unheard into the night. His passing as if it never occurred.

After a short distance he quickens his pace and gradually breaks into a ground covering stride born through years of hunting and tracking experience. Then he is there, she sits waiting as he slows and stops, quietly watching his back trail, to be sure he was not followed. He moves in and holds his beloved mate's hands...

She is safe my love, but quickly now, we must go and draw any followers away from here. From now on we stand our ground, let them come ...
Yvanna

Post by Yvanna »

Her baby is safe ... and her mate has returned ...

Armed with those certainties Yvanna stiffens her resolve ...

Now come whatever may! - She and Saigwin will face it together.
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

Rachael had given up on attempting to argue that Saigwin and Yvanna should stay, she knew Yvanna's stubborness and Saigwin's faithfulness would never allow for that. She tucked Meadow away near Maia, giving a kiss to both girl's cheeks before moving to the corner of carpet she had nestled the imprint of her body into over the last week. She kneeled there for a moment, whispering a soft prayer:

Mother, protect the children and my friends, protect my husband, give me strength and bring the isle through this time of darkness. She reached into her bag for a small sacrifice among her meager belongings, passing over the amethyst necklace made for Maia when she was old enough, and pulling away the small bag with the few coins that made up her saving, rising to set it on the offering plate in the temple, before moving back to her spot and slowly drifting asleep.
maryday

Post by maryday »

Slowly snowflakes lowered through the dark, and she wondered.
How odd this season could be and whether it were ashes from a very big fire.
The snow tasted bitter on her lips, and the taste covered all of her mind.

Just some moments ago she had heard voices, talking hidden, eagerly surpressed, fearfull.

Now nothing was heard anymore, only the soft whisper of the falling snow,
steady growing with the wind gaining force.
Far distant, the howling and scratching of a terrible blizzard raging among a frozen plain approached.

Just some moments ago, all she had wanted was to return for the burrow, and take care of herselves.