New Hope Charity

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Seori

New Hope Charity

Post by Seori »

"Our vision for every child,
life in all its fullness.
Our prayer for every heart,
the will to make it so."

Our Mission Statement

New Hope Charity is a non-profit, charitable organization devoted to the cause of the helpless, the needy, and the oppressed. Orphans, newcomers, hungry children, and homeless people are our charges regardless of the color of their skin, race, creed, or past. Thankful for all the undeserved grace that each one of us has been the benefactor of, we seek to share loving kindness with those that need it the most. Inspired by divine favor, we hold faithfully to the five divine values of Charity, Propriety, Fidelity, Sincerity, and Piety, but we adhere to no particular denomination. It is our deeply held belief that working together with children, communities, and you that we can overcome poverty and injustice.

Our Current Programs

"Feed the Hungry" initiative: We are searching the streets listening for growling bellies and looking for homeless people. A bowl of nourishing soup, a comforting hand - if you have a heart for the painfully hungry, please contact Seori, our Food Bank Coordinator.

"Clothe the Cold" initiative: Orphans in rags and newcomers in tatters - we believe that neither ought to be a sight on our streets. Please get in touch with Seori, our Clothing Bank Coordinator, to serve as a volunteer on this front.

"Train the Newcomer" initiative: Newcomers are offered everything from language to professional job skills training to help them settle down in their newly adopted home. At this time, classes are held to teach the new language, cooking and baking, carpentry, smithing, forestry, mining, and more!

Our Current Objectives

To open a soup kitchen and a shelter where it can be most accessible to those who are in need. The soup kitchen will offer warm soup and warmer smiles to nourish the body and soul while the shelter will be a refuge from the storm with a roof overhead and a safe, dry place underneath. Please look for Dahinar, our Treasurer, to make a donation and help make our objectives that much closer to reality.

Our Sponsors

People like you and me who have given from their hearts to make our world a better place. Thank you!

Arabel's Kitchen
Free Druids
Gobaith Chamber of Commerce
Grovestriders
Wolf Pack
Achae Eanstray
Caynwyn Braedes, Free Druid apprentice
Banduk the Merchant
Bernie Bottoms
Dahinar Sharpeye
Darius Kain
Demelza (R.I.P.)
Don Andrew
Drakon Gerwulf
Johnathan Dawson
Mel & apprentices
Phibol D'Woise
Samuel Greenrag
Seori
Shandariel
The Wandering Sage
Tialdin
Tirrend
Whisper
Udan Trollbane
Last edited by Seori on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:13 am, edited 28 times in total.
Seori

Post by Seori »

To all volunteers and supporters of New Hope:

It is with a grave and heavy heart that I must share this grim news with you all, my brothers and sisters in the divine. It appears that we face a trying spiritual battle in the coming days, a battle that cannot be won only by swords and words. This battle is being brought to us by an enemy that knows no bounds and goes against our every principle. They are those besotted, misguided souls that seek in vain that dark, unfeasible vagary. To further their vile aims, they have even been kidnapping helpless, orphaned children on the streets and torturing them mercilessly.

Thankfully, some of those children have been brought into the care of our orphanage, but the wounds they have endured will leave bitter scars for a long time to come, I fear. At this dark hour that has befallen us when we least expected it and when we are not yet mature as an organization, we must unite even more intimately through prayer and so maintain our good hope. With hope comes faith, and because of our faith, we love. With the light of these three treasures, hope, faith, and love, we can drive away any darkness, and the greatest of these is love.

My prayers with you,
Seori
Seori

Post by Seori »

New Hope is planning to hold a bake sale to fund raise for the opening of our soup kitchen and shelter. Delicious treats such as apple pies and cherry cakes will be offered. If you are interested in making a difference in a child's life today, you may become a volunteer and take part in this bake sale directly. We are looking for bakers and fundraisers now. Please sign your name and list what kind of baked good you will make on the sheet below to register for this charity event.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Uh.. Me can bring cookies and muffins. I'm VERY good at those- I just make sure I don't bring the sibanac ones.

~Samuel Greenrags
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

But those are the only ones worth eating!

-A Godmen
Seori

Post by Seori »

Cookies and muffins sound wonderful! I am sure everyone will find them to be positively irresistible. Thank you for coming forward to answer the call Sam. Your compassionate and charitable heart is touching.

Seori
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I would like to step forward to work for the charity.
Whether it is a good arm and hard work or silver coin i will help in any way i can

~Alexander Knight
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Silverbrand allow to hold the fund raising event in the
Fluffy Sheep Tavern.

Tialdin von Silberbrand
Tavernkeeper
Seori

Post by Seori »

Dear Tialdin,

I am full of joy that you have a compassionate heart for the children. You must be the answer to my prayers for good souls to come forward for the cause. The Fluffy Sheep Tavern would be an ideal place to hold the fund raising event. Please feel free to help in any way your heart leads you to. I would love to continue to hear your ideas and cooperate in any way possible.

Yours in prayer,
Seori
Arabel

Post by Arabel »

Arabel's kitchen will gladly donate apple pies to the cause. As many of the races who live on our island must not eat sweet food, the pies can be used to purchase a portal journey from the warlocks of Portal Pies.
Arabel
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

If needed I can cook a bit, or farm/collect ingredients for the baking.. I can also supply various smithed goods, from tools for beginning crafters, weapons for new warriors, or simply self-defence, And armors(Helms, Shields, and Chain shirt and legs) for the same thing.

Squire Tirrend Skye,
Quartermaster of the Knighthood,
Town Guard of Troll's Bane
Blacksmith
Milo Bottoms

Island Charity

Post by Milo Bottoms »

A small piece of parchment is pinned among the rest. It is written on the back of a previously discarded note which has been neatly refolded and the edges trimmed evenly. The penmanship is a clear and even script. Easily readable.

Dearest Sister Seori,
Please call upon me for any assistance you may need. I have little but what I have is at your disposal.
I am usually to be found out at the old Monastery, but I travel into town regularly. I would be very pleased to offer any help you may need be it physical or spiritual.
Brother Milo Bottoms
Seori

Post by Seori »

Alexander,
You are welcome to volunteer for our charity event. The bake sale will need volunteers to sell the tasty treats to raise money for the opening of the orphanage. However, all volunteers need to go through a criminal record check for the safety of the children.

Arabel,
What a wonderful company Arabel's kitchen must be to so generously supply a charity like New Hope! Arabel's kitchen is the first business to come forward to sponsor us, so I am very pleasantly surprised. Although, pies are not for everybody, I am sure that the children will love them.

Tirrend,
Everything you mentioned is a valuable gift that can be of great service towards fighting poverty and oppression. Welcome aboard!

Milo,
I would be delighted to meet you when you are on one of your excursions into the town. I would also love to visit you at the old monastery, but unfortunately my charity work keeps me tied down to the slums and streets of Troll's Bane at this time.
Seori

Post by Seori »

The Food Bank is open and serving hungry people in need. The Food Bank is located by the North gate next to the stable - please feel free to walk right in and be welcomed. We are in need of volunteers to work in shifts to man the Food Bank and distribute food when necessary.
Donatelo

Post by Donatelo »

A man walks near the boards and pins a small note

When the wolf pack will have enough money to build a house, we will entrust Seori and a few others the key, so the children will have a place where to eat and sleep.

Don Andrew-Wolf Lord
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Rarely in town, Achae stops to read the boards and smiles at one parchment she sees taking out her pen dropping only a few herbs on the ground, she writes in precise handwriting on the back of one being without any parchment.

The Free Druids have some grain for the needy. I am not in town much, but when I am will be happy to donate.

Achae Eanstray
~Free Druid~
Seori

Post by Seori »

Achae,
I always knew the Free Druids were benevolent towards Nature. Thank you for being benevolent towards mortals as well.

Don,
That is kind and good of the Wolf Pack. The children have a place to eat and sleep at this time, but their accommodations are rudimentary and uncertain.
Seori

Post by Seori »

The shelter is open and although the beds are quite full, everyone who needs a roof over their heads and a warm place to sleep in is still welcome to come in. We will try to accommodate you to the best of our ability. There are currently 7 inhabitants living inside New Hope shelter located by the North gate in the slums of Trollsbane near the prison.
Seori

Post by Seori »

Divine services such as blessings, benedictions, prayers, intercession, spiritual counseling, and oath making are now offered in the chapel by the library. New Hope's sponsors, friends, supporters, and charges are all sincerely invited to be graced by these divine services. To access these services, please find Seori who will be in and around Trollsbane and talk to her.
Estelwen

Lost child

Post by Estelwen »

I currently have in my care an infant lizard named Pockets. His mother was in jail, and gave him to me to look after, but I believe he should be in proper care. The mothers name is Ksiksin, I do not know if she has been released, but if she has not, would this child be eligible for your charity? Pockets desperately needs more care than I can give him at the moment..

Faithfully
Estelwen Caladhiel
Seori

Post by Seori »

Dear Estelwen,

Thank you for caring for Pockets for all this time in place of her helpless mother in jail. It must have been burdensome and a strain for you. Pockets would be more than welcome at New Hope. I will try to cater to his special needs to the best of my ability by arranging a live fish diet for him and a proper schooling in lizard culture.

Graciously,
Seori
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

No take in pocketsss. Ksiksin been released and hass payed zeh fine. issss alssso hasss food for pocketssss
Estelwen

Post by Estelwen »

Seori,
Thank you for your gracious offer to take in Pockets, but his mother has now been released, and i have returned him to her. I am sorry if i have caused any inconvienience.
I will be more than happy to assist the New Hope Charity in anyway I can.
Thank you
Estelwen
Seori

Post by Seori »

A schoolhouse funded by NHC has been opened that will focus on teaching the Five divine values in order to train up good and upright citizens. The curriculum will be based on the solid foundation of the charity epitomized by Bragon, propriety by Ushara, piety by Eldan, fidelity by Tanora, and sincerity by Findari. For example, through Findari's music we will learn of sincerity. The government represented by Lord Ross has graciously permitted the use of the space above the library as classrooms.
Seori

Post by Seori »

NHC is now hiring full time charity workers. If you have a heart for the children, please send me your resume outlining your job experience, personal skills, and vision. References would be a bonus.

Thanks,
Seori
RayJ

Post by RayJ »

An old man shambles over and boldly pins a notice up
" Hold on tightly to your purses, the NHC means to get your last thin copper, and more, much more, your hole moral being is at stake. Now mind you charity is a good thing when offered, when demanded, well it is as ugly as the poverty it aims to replace."
Seori

Post by Seori »

Dear Doyen,

I am sorry that you felt pressured and obliged after I shared with you and Tosti the story of the poor old widow who had barely enough money for her next meal, but donated it all in faith. The poor old widow's donation although small in amount was more pleasing to the divine than all the millions of gold that the rich, wealthy men casually gave. The only moral of the story and meaning intended was that it is the quality of your heart that counts not what you give, I am sorry if I was unclear and other unintended meanings were imparted.

Yours,
Seori
RayJ

Post by RayJ »

* Doyen shakes his head * even unsigned I am still dragged into this.
The note reads
I am not concerned about the condition of my soul, or the depth of my charitable nature. I do do wonder how one sleeps well after convincing a very young man to give up his weapons and armor and live in peace, but in a world that will kill him, without remorse. All in the name of charity. True charity would see this lad alive and healthy, and able to contribute through his gains. You may very well have a funeral or at the least a hospitable bill draining your coffers next, or do you you not care of the plight of your contributors.
Signed,
Doyen Exellexe.
Seori

Post by Seori »

Dear Doyen,

We should be rejoicing over the young man who was born again at an NHC outreach program. I could feel his anguish as he related the bloody and violent life of suffering that he had led as an assassin. That NHC could give him an opportunity to start over and lead a new life based around serving others in peace is joyous. I am happy that the young man you are concerned about is thriving in his new capacity as a charity worker who bakes fish to serve to the hungry. The old has gone, the new has come!

Peace be with you,
Seori
Seori

Post by Seori »

NHC is now offering job training classes for unemployed or underemployed clients. There is job training available for cooking, fishing, carpentry, and smithing at this time. Potential students should show a passion and aptitude for their chosen professions. Job placement will be included for all successful graduates.