The Knighthood of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Knights of Gobaith

The Knighthood of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

Meetings and Events:
  • Weekly Meeting: The Knighthood meets every ((Thursday, 7pm GMT)) in our great hall in castle Stoneridge.

Weekly Training: TBA.
Current Members of the Knighthood:
Elder Knight
  • Sir Dantagon Marescot
    Dame Ayla To'lorn
    Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Knight's Council
  • Sir Bregor Ayun, Lead Knight
    Sir Frederick Hawkmoon
    Sir Jonathan Cain
    Sir Mark Strongarm
    Dame Caiah Daekash
Squires and Pages
  • Squire Anon of D'Athen
    Squire Tirrend Skye
    • Page Benjamin Terrant
      Page Gyn Faris
      Page Shandra
      Page William Dale
    Squire Kenfric Shalpert
    • Page Zxay'yseyzr Yerr'keyr'En
      Page Drathe Blue
      Page Murkin Gurkzilla
    Remembered
    • Dame Amaria
      Sir Amroth Surion

Squire Gildon De Vymont
      Squire Dain Aldous
      Squire Arthael Meranwyn
      Squire Keunthus
      Squire Tirrend Skye
      Page Tyr Thane
      Page Sean Michael Haynesworth
      Page Arthur Mordhelm
      Page Tubius
      Page Ryan Grey
      Page Jonathan von Glanwen
      Page Xiseras
      Page Angmor Gendalin
      Page Valric
      Page Lindon Selmur

All inactive members can easily reacquire their position by sending a dove or personally meeting with a knight)

Treaties of the Knighthood:

Towns which accept a treaty of alliance with the knighthood shall be listed here. The knighthood shall give priority to the listed towns and shall offer its services and protection whenever the need arises.

Contract between the town of Troll's Bane and the Knighthood of Gobait
    The Contract between the Knighthood of Gobaith and Troll's Bane

The Knighthood of Gobaith has in the past, served the Town of Troll's Bane through it's darkest hours. Because of this, it comes a time to put it into writing what they've already striven to do since their inception. The Knighthood of Gobaith now have official rights to conduct justice on the borders and territories of Bane. They will be given the right to ban members from the Town and lands outside the walls for up to thirty days, with the prior consent of the Governor of Guard Captain.

They have the right to withdraw their swords in town, if the justification is there. They will be given keys to the jail and be able to hold or jail criminals for a period of two dwarven weeks. Troll's Bane will have the rights to call for the knighthood's services as long as the intentions are right and just. These would include the safety of Troll's Bane against outside influences and if Troll's Bane interferes into outside matters that concern the safety and well being of another settlement.

The Knighthood exhibits free will with this contract. They are allowed to absolve the contract at any time, if they feel that their services are being used wrongly and unjustly.

Signed,
    Elijah Varrin

Signed,
    Bregor Ayun

Contract of Stoneridge
    The Contract between the Government of Trolls Bane and the Knighthood of Gobaith

In order to keep relations neutral with Silverbrand and to continue friendly relations with the Knighthood, we've decided to return the Knights the land that was rightfully there own in the first place. Hopefully, through this move and more peaceful relations between the three groups we'll be able to secure a firm and steady position among our now close neighbors.

The castle called Stoneridge in the pass connecting Trolls Bane to Silverbrand shall be solely territory of the Knighthood of Gobaith. The keep and the pass shall be under no authority to the town of Trolls Bane. The pass shall be deemed neutral with safe passage given by the Knighthood of Gobaith. If a group were to attempt a takeover of the castle, in order to preserve the contract, it shall be the duty of Trolls Bane to help the Knighthood protect or retake the castle in order to ensure safe passage through the pass.

If the Government breeches any terms of the agreement or shows hostility towards the Knighthood, it is well in their right to terminate the contract altogether and keep their land. Both parties signify agreement and are bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
    Lord Rothman
    Archduke of Trolls Bane

Signed,
    Sir Dantagon Marescot
    Knight of Gobaith

Signed,
    Sir Bregor Ayun of Gobaith
    Viceroy of Troll's Bane Edric Galthor

Signed
    Elijah Varrin
    Governour of Troll's Bane
    Sanctuary of Tol Vanima:
    This is the treaty of allegiance to preserve concord between the members of the Knighthood of Gobaith and the elves of Tol Vanima and its territory.
    This agreement gives the rights:

- For the members of the Knighthood to act for the cause of justice on the fields of Tol Vanima.

- For the authorities of Tol Vanima to freely call for the knighthood's services as long as the intentions are right and just.

- For the members of the Order to be freely provided with shelter in Tol Vanima at request in rare situations of crisis.

May it be noted that these rights will not entitle any member of the Order to break any laws of the sanctuary at any time.

Signed,
    Grandmaster Jorokar Sladrir

Signed,
    Isilwen Anrion, Elder of Tol Vanima

• Die Ritterschaft von Gobaith
Treffen und Ereignisse:

Wöchentliches Treffen: Jeden ((Donnerstag um 19 Uhr GMT))

Wöchentliches Training: Wird noch bekannt gegeben
Last edited by The Knights of Gobaith on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 15 times in total.
The Knights of Gobaith

The Aim of the Knighthood - In the Eyes of the Realm:

To assail infidelity, to venerate the priesthood and the righteous, to protect the poor from injuries and to alleviate suffering, to pacify the territory of Gobaith, to pour out their blood for their brothers and, if need be, to lay down their lives.

The Aim of the Knighthood - In the Eyes of the Knight:

Perfection of the soul. To fill one’s own heart with the gifts of generosity, modesty, nobility and courage. All this to follow the path of the good and the righteous to ultimately allow one’s heart to rise and reach the Gods’ divinities.

How is this aim achieved? By following, as best one can. the knighthood's Code of Chilvary and the Principals of Courtly Love (The Principals of Courtly Love acting more as guidelines).

Code of Chivalry:

Prowess: Seek excellence in all proficiencies required of a knight, seeking vigor to be used in the light of justice, as opposed to personal overdoing.

Justice: Pursue the path of the virtuous, unfettered and unobstructed by one’s own interest and prejudices. To comprehend that justice dealt by the sword can be a dreadful deed, thus should be lightened by understanding and mercy.

Loyalty: To develop a firm emotional control and cultivate unwavering commitment to the people and morals you choose to live by.

Defense: Always seek to protect the territory of Gobaith, your family and all of those whom you believe are worthy of allegiance.

Courage: The righteous path is rarely the easiest. The one you must choose will be the harder. Be ready to make personal sacrifices to serve the knighthood’s conducts and valued people. To be courageous also means choosing the truthful side in all matters rather than escaping through a convenient lie.

Faith: Strong and unyielding in faith you must be, as faith is what roots you and gives hope against the desolation of one’s failures.

Humility: Cherish the contributions of others first and do not boast of your own accomplishments. Your renown is justly earned through virtuous endeavors.

Largesse: Be generous and charitable in all ways you can afford. This will defy greed and gluttony.

Lawfulness: You shall commit no crime of common law. You are not above the laws and it is your duty to follow them to the best of your ability.

Principles of Courtly Love:

1. You shall avoid the pestilent greed and shall embrace its opposite.

2. You shall never deliberately attempt to break apart a correct love affair that someone else is engaged in.

3. You shall never engage in a double love. A true lover does not covet an embrace in love from anyone but the beloved.

4. You shall never be the revealer of love affairs amongst the unknowing.

5. Nothing forbids one person being loved by two of the opposite gender, but the returned love must be devoted to a single person.

6. You shall strive to keep the bound of love strong and firm. If love weakens, it quickly risks failure and is rarely rekindled again.

7. One who’s displeased by too much passion usually does not love. You shall always fulfill but never exceed the desires of your lover.

8. You shall never have enough of solaces of your beloved.

9. When one lover dies, a widowhood of one year is required of the survivor.

Admittance:

All who are willing and wishing to join our Order are requested to send a dove or personally meet any knight within the guild. Pinning a note on this wall is also acceptable.

Ranks and Duties:

Page: (Servant of the Knighthood)
The lowest and starting rank in the knighthood. Pages are watched by squires and knights, observing whether they are fit and promising for a future knight. During this time it is the duty of the page to learn everything they possibly can about the isle. A page will be tested over various information involving all aspects of the isle. Pages must help the knighthood in whatever it is requested from them. Knights have the rights to send orders to pages. Squires must first request permission from the knights before doing so.

Squire: (A Knight in training)
Squires are attendees of the knights and must start learning the values and morals of being a knight. A squire must still follow any orders given by knights, but they are also taught and must excel in martial arts and in weapon proficiencies. Squires can suggest to the Knights of the grandmaster, Pages who are ready to be ranked as Squires.

Knight:
One who’s proficient in arms and trained in chivalry. One who pledged the knight’s oath and one who heeds to the code of chivalry. Knights can induct new members, promote Pages, and suggest Squires that are
readied to be knighted to the grandmaster.

Religion of the Knighthood:

The knighthood and all its members are encouraged to pray to and worship the following Gods and Goddesses for the mentioned reasons. Of course, any member is still free to pray and worship any other God or Goddess.

Malachín (God of Battle and Hunting): Our patron and protector of battles. He watches over us in times of war, when a vigorous fist is needed to smite evil.

Zhambra (God of Friendship and Loyalty): Our guide towards the path of the good and the righteous. Gift Him with loyalty and belief in honor and law, and your life will be enlightened in return.

Sirani (Goddess of Love and Pleasure): She embraces us with emotional strength and self-control, to remain faithful and strong in love. Abide by the rules of courtly love, and she’ll reward us with fruitful passion and affection.

(( Previous Thread: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=22438 ))

This post needs editing, is planned
Last edited by The Knights of Gobaith on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Please welcome Page Zxay'yseyzr Yerr'keyr'En, generally known as Jack, to the Knighthood of Gobaith!

As you might have noticed, I finally put up a new guild board and included a new meeting time, mondays at 8pm gmt we will meet for training and adventures.
The castle was very dark and cold tonight, lets fill it with warmth come the next dwarven week!
I hope as many of you as possible can make it to our meetings.
I will keep this up to date and work on it,

Malachin with you,

~Sir Bregor Ayun
Knight of Gobaith
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Can't be there for the training round today. Also, Squires should train with their Pages on a regular basis as well, who oversees whose training can be seen on the board.

~Bregor
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ARMORY

MONEY
75 Silvers

WEAPONS

Ranged
39 arrows
5 gynkese fires
3 spears

Melee
Slashing
7 serinjah-swords
5 sabres
4 elven rainbowswords
3 magical serinjah-swords
2 magical longswords
2 broadswords
1 two-handed sword
1 longaxe
1 orc axe
Concussion
2 maces
Piercing
2 simple daggers

ARMOR
2 full leather armours
2 leather gloves
2 wooden shields
2 chain helmets
1 flame helmet
1 serinjah helmet
1 plate armour
1 heraldic shield
1 leather boots
1 small wooden shield
1 chain pants
1 short chain pants
1 light elven armor

OTHER
250 roasted fish
75 bottles of lamp oil
5 lamps
1 small health potion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have any unwanted items, hand it to the Quartermaster before you throw it out! it could help a fellow Page, Squire or Knight!

Signed,
Squire Tirrend Skye,
Quartermaster of the Knighthood
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Alexander walks past and see's the note on the board outside the castle
He add underneath
It looks like you are lacking armour.
I Alexander Knight will be looking to sell his vast inventory to yourselfs for a very cheap price as aleady brushed upon my your knights.
If any member of this order wishes to but a better weapon then please come to me or send a dove.
~Alexander Knight
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

The meeting is taking place now, but I am the only one here.. All members (and guests if any) please come to the keep now.

Squire Tirrend Skye

a parchment is pinned to the existing one

Where the hell are all of you? I've waited 30 dwarven minutes now! There is still no one here.
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

ooc: I apologize for my absence at the last meeting, I have little time to spare at the moment unfortunately.
Also, I won't be there today either, and will try to find a new meeting time, because it just doesn't work out after 10 hours of work to focus on Illarion and the Knighthood. As you might have noticed, the Joust could not be organized and will take place at a later date, I was hoping in two weeks from now.
I request of my Squires to train with their Pages until our next meeting, which will take place next week, time and date still TBA.
Happy New Year everyone!
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I request that Dantagon contacts myself as soon as possible.

-Altrix-
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Altrix,

I suggest you talk to one of the other knights. I am no longer personally in charge.

Sir Dantagon Marescot

((I've been too busy with real life and enjoying my month long break to get on Illa.))
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Next Meeting:

((Saturday, the 23rd of January, at 1800 hours GMT))

/Edit: an hour late, i miscalculated, but the meeting starts as now, resp. as soon as get it working again..
Last edited by Bregor Ayun on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Next meeting:
  • 14. Chos 29, 09:00
((Monday, 8th February 2010, 17:00h GMT, open meeting))

Everyone enlisted in the order should try to make it to the meeting, as well can anyone attend that has dealings with the Knighthood or has interest in following the path of a Knight.

Sir Bregor Ayun
The Knights of Gobaith

Bregor, obviously aggrevated, hammers a large note onto the board, after he returned from the town and had read the verdict.

Page Dranis has, due to his crimes been released from his oath, and is no longer a member of the Knighthood of Gobaith and shall no longer be called a Page of Gobaith.
The multitude of crimes clearly prove he was not made for the path to Knighthood and the ideals of the code of chivalry, but in contrast fell back into his dark past, breaking his oath to me.

The seal of the Knighthood can be seen, and the signature

Sir Bregor Ayun
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

I've come to the isle in search of a new lifee. I'd like to join the knighthood.

Elijah Varren
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Becoming quite frustrated with her promise to Anon not to fight until the child is born, Caiah walks back to the Keep just for something to do and seeing the note on the door scratches with a pen so bold some of the parchment is torn.

Then come to the meeting!

..walking away not even signing muttering almost angrily "I wonder when the next one will be.. maybe someone will spar?". A little later a stranger may think she walks back toward the keep yet her eyes that were dark are now almost a silver, her step purposeful but definitely not one of a fighter, even her hair somehow appears slightly lighter. She reaches in her bag and crosses off the previous message writing in a totally different handwriting.

Welcome to the Knights of Gobaith Keep, Elijah Varren, we hope to see you at the next meeting. ((it will be posted here)).
This note is signed simply as:
Taiah Daekash

There is no title under the name.
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((I finally have finished moving and have internet access again, will be around now more often from mondays to fridays, hope to be meeting all of you ingame and to get things going again.))
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Seeing that many members are rarely about anymore, I suggest after 2 dwarven months of inactivity in the guild, one should be removed from the Knighthood, unless sending a dove stating a reason for absence. Of course if one should return after being removed, they can return to the guild.
On another note, the Armory is gone.

Squire Tirrend Skye,
Quartermaster
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

Greetings,

I simply wish to inform whomever remains within the guild, that both I and Caiah are still around and attempting to be active as possible. Such is difficult, however, when no information of meetings has been posted.
Also, I can assist in building a new armoury with both coin and some few pieces of equipment.

Anon D'Athen,
Page of the Knighthood,
Lieutenant of the Town Guard
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

I will hold a meeting on the 18th of Ushos 30, from noon onward, I will be in or close to the keep.

Sir Bregor Ayun
Knighthood of Gobaith
Lead Knight
The Knights of Gobaith

A carefully written parchment is pinned to a central place on the Knighthood's board:

Anon of D'Athen, for his loyalty to his squire, his knight and the Knighthood and for his deeds in the Town Guard and for the people of Troll's Bane, was yesterday accepted into the circle of Squires, and shall henceforth be known as Squire Anon of D'Athen of Gobaith, and shall be entitled to accept new Squires into the Knighthood, oversee their training and guard the keep Stoneridge. May Malachin watch over him.

On another note, a brown robed man goin by the name of Arthur is robbing people in the streets of Troll's Bane, tricking them into losing their belongings by offering free massages and the likes. The crime has been reported to me, and any member seeing him should get hold of him and deliver him to the Town Guard of Troll's Bane.

*The seal of the Knighthood is placed beneath the parchment, and the signature*

Sir Bregor Ayun
Knight of Gobaith
Dantagon Marescot

I hereby announce the addition of Page Fleta Ross to the knighthood of Gobaith. She is a member of the Grovestriders and seeks to join the town guard as well. She has a sharp tongue, but a just heart. May she prove to be a valued member of the knighthood.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Elder Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

P.S. When is the next meeting, Bregor?
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Sharp tounge? Dear sir I have no clue what you are talking about! Surely not me!?
I am happier than a mule eaten briars to be a Page in the Knighthood. If anyone seeks me or anything I am allways in Bane...
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Welcome to the Knighthood of Gobaith, Page Fleta Ross!

How about we, the Knighthood, meet on ((Friday, 22pm my time, which would result in the following ingame time:))

03. Ronas 30 18:00
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Hearing the sounds of explosions and seeing the fire from the roof of the keep, Caiah grabs her swords and runs toward Trolls Bane wondering if the guards needed any help from the Knights yet arrived too late as she heard shouts in the street of "the Prince is dead!". Talking to one witness, apparently nothing was seen yet the halfling told her in a whisper he heard a shout which sounded like an orc speaking common, something about the Clan of Dar'krest. Making her way back to the keep, she posts a sign on the board inside the keep

The Salkamarian Prince is thought to have died in an explosion, there are rumors of an orc near the Seahorse at the time. Be vigilant for any unusual actions near Trolls Bane and have weapons cleaned and ready in case the Knights are needed.

Squire Caiah Daekash
Dantagon Marescot

This is most unfortunate. I was hoping with the new era in Trolls Bane we would actually see some new respect, if we had the prince backing us. Be wary, even if he is killed, it doesn't mean that their hold on Bane is over. How ever this also means chaos as people will think his reign is gone and will be fighting for power over Trolls Bane.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

As such competition is inevitable, perhaps the leaders of our Knighthood should command a meeting so as to discus the.. decisions of what we should do in such a time, and to whom we should look to give our support.

Anon of D'Athen,
Lieutenant of the Town Guard
Squire of the Knighthood of Gobaith
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Bregor, seeing the new parchments at the keep, pins a parchment of his own beneath them:

With the current unrest, be watch and careful when you enter Troll's Bane. Actually, there is a meeting taking place, every member of the Knighthood should attend the meeting on 03. Ronas 30 18:00.

Sir Bregor Ayun of Gobaith
Lead Knight
Paladin of Malachin
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Am I allowed to request to be someones Page?.....Since im not on the list yet...could I request to be Anons Page?
~Fleta~
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Concerning the meeting tomorrow....If I make it Ill be late, have some things to take care of

((its starts at 4 pm for me and ill just be getting out of my last class at 3:50pm))
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I request that both of my pages contact me, as I have not heard from either of you in a while. Also, am I still Quartermaster, seeing as the armory system is different now?

Squire Tirrend Skye,
Quartermaster, maybe,
Captain of the Grovestriders,
Town Guard of Troll's Bane