The Knighthood of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dantagon Marescot

Re: The Knighthood of Gobaith

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

The meeting starts in approximately 30 dwarven minutes.

Dan
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Today I have a small couple of things I wish to address.

Firstly, I wish to thank all of our members (or prospective members) that took the effort to attend the recent meetings, and I apologize for if they appeared to be unproductive.

Secondly, I hope to meet with every member of the knighthood at some point so I can personally evaluate your skills and possibly suggest improvements to your training methods. I never have, and never will, push for our members to value the power of a strong arm over the strength of a powerful mind. I do, however, believe that as a knighthood, we will be more capable of serving our goals if we have proper combat ability.

And on a note that is just from me personally, not speaking for the knighthood, if you are not of our Order but wish to attend our meetings it would be strongly appreciated (but not required) if you wrote a note to one of the knights just merely stating your name, a brief summary of your purpose, and whether or not you will be on time.

~Sir Jonathan Cain
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

On this day, the Twenty-First of Olos in the Thirty-Second year, Shandra took the Oath of the Page in Stoneridge Keep. She shall be the first student of the Arcane I know of to have joined our Order, and so her actions will be looked to in decision as to what will and will not work for mages of our Order. I place my personal trust that she will make an excellent addition to our ranks, and will uphold our ways.

~Sir Jonathan Cain
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Dear knights, squires, pages, etc.
YOU ROTTEN BUGGERS
Let me down off of the keep! I fell asleep and you locked me in! I should throw fish, rotten apples, and other gross materials at you.

Sincerely,
Tirrend Skye
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

*A knight looks up the keep wall to observe the ranting Tirrend.* Hullo there! *jingles a key at him* Want I should let you down from there?
*chuckles and walks to the door. Places key in lock and still smiling begins to turn it.*

OOC ((pm me with a time to meet you ig and I will gladly set him loose))
Dantagon Marescot

By popular demand another meeting shall be held in the keep this coming ((Sunday at 7pm est, 1 am GMT+1)). I hope to see all of you there.

Dan

P.S. Please everyone get enough sleep the night before hand so you don't fall asleep in the keep and accidentally get locked in.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

I will try my best to make it. I will have to find a baby sitter for Rose. She is too much a handfull and distraction at meetings
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Caiah stops to look on the board and grins as dark eyes lighten with interest before whispering to someone not seen...

I hope to make this meeting Taiah.

Taking a pen, Caiah places her initials at the end of the parchment.
Dantagon Marescot

The meeting starts in 15 dwarven minutes.
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A parchment carefully written is placed on the guild board for all to see.

Please welcome Page Ademar Taerell into the Knighthood, he will be part of the emerging mages of the Knighthood.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

We shall once more be holding a meeting, at the same time as the previous several have been.((Sunday at 7pm est, 1 am GMT+1))

Sir Marescot can not organize it this time, and I shall try to do so in his place. I hope to see everybody there.

~Sir Jonathan Cain
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

I will not be able to make it. I have to watch Rose, she has came down with a bit of a cold.

((I have rehearsel that day..rl b4 igl))
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

**Both notes seem to be removed... with no further message **
Dantagon Marescot

I will not be holding a meeting this coming ((sunday)). However if requested, I will help train members. I ask that all of you get ready as I am planning some new ideals for the knighthood.

Dan

A quick note looks to be added

I also ask that everyone keep an eye out for the two bandits that are plaguing Trolls Bane. They have already attacked Shandra, Darian, Oxiana, and Fin. Look to the Trolls Bane guard boards for more information on the bandits. It is time to start doing your job knights.

((Super bowl sunday and I know it would be a bad idea to try and plan anything.))
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

After a meeting today with Governor Varrin, I wish to have an opportunity to meet with the Knight Council so I may relay what was discussed.

As a side note, he also expressed to me his apologies to Dame Daekash and that she is forgiven for the past dispute. I am sure this will be as much a relief to Caiah as it was to myself.

~Sir Jonathan Cain
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Taiah's silver eyes follow closely the last parchment as she reads hurriedly then yells in her excitement pointing at each word written toward the end...

Caiah, look at this! The truth won thanks to Jon!

Blushing at the dwarf passing by muttering something about crazy elves talking to themselves, she gives an apologetic smile before turning to look again at the parchment then whispers softly ...

I know, and I may have had to go to jail with you.

Shivering briefly with that passing thought, Taiah turns from the Keep with steps much lighter occasionally breaking out in an intricate elven dance...

I wonder if the Governor still wants to meet with you, I guess you will find out more the next meeting.
William Dale

Post by William Dale »

*A man knocks on the keep doors, hearing no movement he begins to write a note in that of the common language*
Knights,
I wish to join your order.
Though I may currently be less than impressive in the way of the sword, I make up for such matters in my ability to work hard and am a very good time keeper.
If possible I would like to speak with a knight to discuss this further.

-William Dale
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Greetings all,

If I may ask, did any Knight approach Misters William Dale yet?

~ Jorokar Sladrir
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

I sent a dove, but have been unable to meet to discuss further.

Caiah Daekash
Dantagon Marescot

I wanted to remind the knights that I am still around, though currently busy. I would appreciate if ((Sunday)) meetings would continue even if I am unable to attend. I am still reachable by dove if need be.

Sir Dantagon Marecot

((Sorry, school and real life caught up with me again.))
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Caiah sends doves to all Knights and Squires in the mainland then leaves a parchment in the Keep for all Pages.

I realize we may not be able to physically meet but there is pressing need to discuss the current state of affairs on Gobaith.

She adds in all the parchments sent, copies of the relavent news.http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =4&t=35002

Send a dove with your ideas, decisions, thoughts, plans.

((sry can't get ig more to hold a meeting at the present))
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

A note is hung on the Knighthood's Door.

I wish to reinstate myself as a Knight of Zelphia, for I realize my training was never finished.

I sincerely hope you do accept me.

In Her Holy Name,
Sirith Rymn
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A parchment is left on the meeting table at the Keep.

I have sent doves to all Knights in the mainland but will leave this parchment here for any that did not receive one. Since this is a closed matter between the Knights, I won't leave the contents here however you may contact me at Tol Vanima when not at the Keep.

Dame Caiah Daekash

A parchment is added later

Squire Kenfric Shalpert has recruited Murkin Gurkzilla "Gurk" as a Page in our order.

Caiah crosses out Page Sirith Rymn's name but leaves a parchment outside the Keep for him then adds Page Shandra to the list of active members.

Sirith Rymn,
I have sent a dove.
Dame Caiah Daekash
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Welcome Page William Dale to the Knights of Gobaith.

The parchment remains unsigned but the official seal of the Knights is placed at the bottom.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Knights of Gobiath.
I wish to ask that a senior member of your Knighthood contact me reguarding a certain member of yours.
I will discuss more via written message or meeting.

-Alexander Knight
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A ceremony today welcomed Page Gyn Faris into the Knights of Gobaith. He will have a unique duty of also being a historian and scribe for the Knights. Welcome Page Faris.

Dame Caiah Daekash

A parchment is added to the bottom under the seal of the Knights.

Alexander Knight, you can send a dove to me or any of the Knights though some remain in the mainland at present.

Dame Caiah Daekash
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

There will be a meeting on the 13th of Irmas year 33 midday for all Knights, Squires and Pages. We have important matters to decide related to our future, if you want a say, either be at the meeting or send a dove to the Keep.
Dame Caiah Daekash

(( Sorry will have to cancel this meeting, hopefully will announce another one soon. ))
Rakust

Post by Rakust »

It would be prudent if i could receive an expedient reply from a representative of the Knighhood, i wish to join your order.

- Sir Guy Mitchell.
The signature is unnecessarily flowery
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Not sure if she can recognize the flowery signature, Caiah waits for Taiah's return who then sends the answering dove. The writing is also flowery.

Caiah will meet you when able, she will send a dove. In the mean time look for one of our elder Knights whom we received word is soon coming back from the mainland.

Taiah Daekash writing for Dame Caiah Daekash
Dantagon Marescot

A messenger runs up and tacks a note to the door. After taking a few moments to catch his breath he runs off again.

I must delay my return to the mainland further this season as I have increasing responsibilities at home. However I am curious as to happenings on Gobaith. As fruitless as my asking for a dove in the past has been, will someone attempt to get a message back to me about the happenings and the deeds of the knighthood.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Elder Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

((New/first apartment, work part time, summer classes, SCA, and my laptop's video card is burning out. Yeah guys, I'm around and alive, just not available.))