The Knighthood of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Get off yer asses knights! We have work to do!

- The Elder has returned.
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

I answer your call,
but send word and I shall meet you.

Squire Anon D'Athen
Captain of the Town Guard
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Finally coming back from the graveyard Caiah stops at the Keep reading the parchments and grins at the latest whispering to someone not seen.

It is good to see him back, Taiah.

Taking out a pen she adds to Anon's parchment.

All Squires and Pages report to the Keep.

Dame Caiah Daekash
Dantagon Marescot

Re: The Knighthood of Gobaith

I have waited nearly a Dwarven month for responses from the knighthood and all I receive are two lousy responses? No wonder we are no longer respected, no wonder we are no long known on the isle. I shall wait til the remainder of your Dwarven month on ((Dec 16)) to respond is up before I begin kicking your asses into shape. If you're lucky if I will give you a few more days to respond to me.

So far I have seen or gotten a response from:
Taiah
Jon
Anon
Fleta

Where are the rest of you? Is that all I have to work with? Let me know if you are still around. After your dwarven month is up, I intend to hold a meeting.

Yer Elder,
Sir Dantagon Marescot of Gobaith

((I won't be around much for the next two weeks. This is hell week before finals and next week is finals. I will then be going out of town that weekend, but will return on the 19th of Dec.))
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

I am of course available as well, though I find it hard to come up with a meeting time myself. (given my highly unpredictable life coupled with the timezone difference, its plain impossible atm). I heed your call, just say when!

Sir Ayun
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A note is pinned up near the front gate of the Knighthood's keep.

Be greeted,

I ask for the immediate and unconditional surrender of the "Dame" in your order, Caiah Daekash, for questioning on suspicion of High Treason. Due to the high level of the information I possess, failure to comply with this demand will be met with strict resistance on Troll's Bane's part, and the Knighthood of Gobaith will all will be suspected of similar crimes, as well abiding a criminal and enemy of Troll's Bane.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Dark eyes look curiously at the parchment outside the Keep and tearing it down, Caiah walks inside as she brushes some red dust off her armor. Laying the swords down with a clang of steel on wood, she then sits at the table and begins to read yet almost immediately her voice echoes up the ladder of the Keep.

What is this?!

Shaking her head she speaks louder then a whisper in a voice very agitated to an empty chair beside her....

Taiah, it is probably not a good time for talk with the town, we will first speak with the other Knights.
Dantagon Marescot

Governor Varrin,
I ask that you give us the charges and your information before a decision is made. Due to the low level of information we possess, we can not make a decision as to if your information is correct. I am unsure of how Dame Daekash has committed any crime. Think of this as an attempt to cooperate, not as resistance. If Dame Daekash chooses to give herself up willingly before information has been distributed, then that is her right. However we can not force her to make that choice and even if such a crime has been committed, only expulsion from the knighthood is within our means if your words are true.
-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I'll put this in simple terms for you, since you seem to be the type who is in need of watered down statements in order to comprehend them. I don't have to give you this privilege. I don't have to give you information that states Caiah was involved in treason, for even if I did, I'm quite sure you'd give plenty of reasons why it isn't true (as any leader of an already failing organization would). And if you were to deny this reasoning (and therefore refuse simple and honest questioning), these facts, I'd have to charge your entire organization with the same crime and see to it that justice was served. I'd rather not make a bloody mess of your keep just for you to prove a point of how tyrannical and unjust Mister Varrin is. Any other person who has committed treason in the past has not been given the same privilege of me asking their leader for their exchange, rather I went after them with all the fury that I possess.

Besides, I know of what you've said of me in the darkest recesses of Troll's Bane. I know of the distaste of me that harbors within your Knighthood, and when I couple those facts with other obvious ones, the information I've been presented with becomes all too believable. The fact that I've lay broken and bleeding at the hands of the LBA in Tol Vanima, and almost died completely in Troll's Bane without even a offering of help from your so called Knighthood. I stood against the forces of Jefferson and the Temple, wavering their cries for battle against us, while the members of your Knighthood were either too busy twiddling their thumbs, or in some of your members cases, actually co-worting with them to offer any attempt at help. I destroyed the biggest bandit ring and organized crime group this island has ever seen, and despite a signed agreement that stated you'd help our forces, I never once was contacted by your forces to cordinate attacks or offered any help whatsoever.

I've did everything in my reign to keep your order happy, and yet you've done nothing to return the favor. This isn't a smear campaign against you. I'm offering you privileges that you surely don't deserve, for I've already did ten fold for your branch of inactive Knights.

So, let's try this again, my stubborn ally and friend. I give you four dwarven days (I did another privledge by only subtracting three days from your orginal deadline out of the kindness of my heart) for Caiah to be present before me in person for
questioning (considering we have no jail and I am not a murderer, I doubt anything extreme is going to happen if she is convicted) or I hold every member of your order accountable for treason, since they are willfully aiding and abiding a suspected criminal of such high crimes.

Try me again and see what happens.

Your humble ally,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Dantagon Marescot

Elijah,

I am glad you have come to your senses. We are a rather inactive organization, I am glad you realize that. We are also not in charge of policing the isle and have not done so as of late, as you have stated. I also know that this also makes us little threat to you. I don't care what you have done for this isle to be quite honest as it will be forgotten within a year of the ending of your term of governorship. You have actually done nothing to make us happy and we have done nothing to make you happy, this is obvious.

Now, to reiterate what I have stated. We can not FORCE her to turn herself in. This would be like asking the farmers guild to turn in one of their members. We have little control over her and all I can do, that is within my power, is to expel her from the knighthood. However, I do not have the power to expel her without a meeting of the knights, and the knights require facts as to what she has done wrong. Right now the only fact we have is you have information that she has committed treason by your standards.

I ask that you keep your laws out of our halls. If she comes to your town, you may arrest her. If you give us the facts, we will review the information and deal with her within our society. However we are not your guards or bounty hunters. If she chooses to turn herself in, she chooses to do so. I apologize. We are a fading guild that must focus on our problems right now, not Trolls Bane's problems. If you want us to help you, I suggest you give a low man power knighthood a break and not call us all criminals.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Elder of the Knighthood of Gobaith
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

I'm glad we're both on the same page of how worthless your order seems to be.

Again, I will attempt to make the picture more clearer for your hampered eyesight. Comparing a Knighthood, something that is supposed to be upstanding individuals and fighters for the greater good, to a farmer's guild is not only an insult to yourself, but to the very way of thinking to your fellow men in arms. Honestly, the more I look at it, it just might be an insult to the farmers themselves for people with pitchforks (the raids on the Farmer's Union that were only defended by the meager numbers Troll's Bane could afford) have done more then you in the past few months then your entire order in the entire time I've been on the island.

I'm under the impression your chivalric codes, which each and every one of your members must read and agree to, mention the defense of the Borders of Gobaith as one of it's main and upstanding goals. Yet it's not your job, not your mission to help police and protect those around you? What kind of Knighthood are you? Who are you to read my message and tell me, a man who had to stand up against these forces with little nothing by a army of pitchforks and poorly trained men in arms, that my reign will be forgotten and that your Knighthood wasn't required to act, and therefore didn't have to. I know plenty of men who shed blood for this cause, I know a damned friend and fellow leader who died while the Knighthood stayed holed up in their keep. Don't tell me just because you're not required to act, you don't have to. As a Knight, should you not be required to help those in need?

You say you don't have concern for Troll's Bane problems, and yet you still don't deny or even claim to the contrary that there is little support within my fellow comrades in the east. If your Knighthood supports me, which it most assuredly should (considering I have information of treason within your order and a firm list of rumors to accompany those hard sealed facts) then by your own chivalric codes, it's not only your oath but her oath to subjugate herself to full process of the law.

Lawfulness: You shall commit no crime of common law. You are not above the laws and it is your duty to follow them to the best of your ability.

If you wish to debate this message, I shall take numbers off the dwindling time.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A small note is tacked onto the front of the Keep.

Governor Elijah Varrin,

There is no treason planned nor implemented from me toward the town of Trolls Bane. I will be happy to talk to you as soon as I give a report to my elder Knight and talk to Anon who is in Tol Vanima with our children.

The note is simply signed,
Dame Caiah Daekash

Walking away whispering softly...

The request doesn't mention your name Taiah, I would assume not.
Dantagon Marescot

She gave you her answer, now stop posting on our walls. As you can see, she means to come willingly. Retract your threats and we can be allies.

Sir Dantagon Marescot.
Dantagon Marescot

A note is placed on the inside of the castle walls where only members may read it.
Knights, your time is up.

I gave you time to pull yourself up and instead we are on the fringe of being criminals in Trolls Bane. I know not many of you are around, all I have is you knights, but I can't have you messing with our chances to rebuild right now. If you are thinking about committing treason, get out now. We need to remain neutral. I don't like the governor much either, I don't want anything to do with him, and I don't want any wars with him.

Caiah, I want you to tell me what you may have said or done that may have upset them. Think long and hard, for unless a total quack made us look bad, you aren't getting out of his shit list easily.

For the rest of you, let me know when you are available. We need to meet. We need to meet soon too, before all of Trolls Bane comes knocking on our door.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Bregor, tightly wrapped in his blue cloak bearing the insignia of a Knight of Gobaith, slowly walks towards the keep. If you met him, you'd see a thinner, worried face beneath an even fuller and nowadays rather greyish looking full beard. He stops as he sees several notices on the wall that have not been there the last time he was here, and his eyes darken at the sight, his expression now lacks any enthusiasm and joyful spirit. 'What in Malachin's name...'

As he enters the keep, he notices the parchment by Elder Marescot. Inside the castle's wall, he places his reply, after having reread the treaty he not that long ago signed with Governour Varrin.

"Dear Sir Dantagon, Dear fellow Knights, Squires and Pages of Gobaith,

I finally returned from the mainland, the sea was rough and the way exhausting, but after a short rest from this strenuous journey, I will be present in the keep. I fully agree that it is high time to gather our forces and discuss this latest affair, we surely do not want war with the neighboring town we were thought to protect.
To Dame Daekash. Please meet with the Governour and answer his questions, High Treason is a serious accuse, and neither you nor the Knighthood can simply ignore this persecution. However, we need to make sure the questioning, the possible trial and sentence are morally and lawfully justified. Its a thin line we are walking here, between the trust towards a long serving and renowned member, and the alliance with Troll's Bane, which grants us certain rights in the case of being unjustly persecuted by the forces of Troll's Bane.
I will be present in the meeting hall from 11. Irmas 32 06:00 onwards.

May Malachin be with us,

~ Sir Bregor Ayun
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((hm, I reconsidered, for the current time does not make much sense. To make it more suitable for US timezone members, I rearranged my schedule and will be online from around 11. Irmas 32 22:00 onwards ~PO Bregor))
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

A strange and unusual sighting appears upon the boards of the Knighthood, in the form of an immaculate, thin piece of parchment. On it, in roughly elegant script of red ink is written a simple message.

To My Knights,
She has allowed my sight, my voice to return. She has granted me life upon
these lands again, though some may question my reasoning. I have returned
to the Knights, to stand side by side with my fellows, Elder, Knight and Page
alike. Let the Brothers pray welcome me with open arms. I seek to come face
to face with Dantagon as soon as possible. The Falcon will find you.

The unusual letter is not signed in any form, though a wax seal of a massive falcon, wings spread, is stamped in thick white wax at the bottom. Between its wings is the single letter "A".
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

Please welcome Estelwen Caladhiel as a Page to the knighthood.

~~Sir Jonathan Cain
Dantagon Marescot

I would like to hold a fight practice at our keep and would appreciate if people would let me know when they could be around.

I am also looking for titles that could be used for mage-knight positions. I have gotten a few suggestions, but am looking for imput from others. The position equivalents I am looking for are:
Knight
Squire
Page (with runes)
Page (without runes)

Remember we are a knighthood and not a mage academy, I would appreciate if the title for a mage in the knight rank at least sounds chivalric. Once these positions are set I will begin making those who are interested in such a spot official to the knighthood.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

There will be a meeting/fight practice on ((Sunday, Jan 9th at 7 pm EST)). This will take place at Stoneridge Keep and the knights shall be leading the meeting. However anything that any member feels worthy of mention may be brought up. Possible new recruits are also welcomed to join to we may meet them and give them a better understanding of the knighthood and our ways.

Our agenda (in no particular order) for that evening shall be as such:
Practice
Meeting new members
Planning out a mage oriented knight track
Practice
Recruitment methods
Possible events
Practice
Drinking
Did I mention practice?

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

I shall be there.

Sir Bregor Ayun

((this will be 1am for me, I try to be as awake as possible :P))
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

I shall make all due effort to attend. I am sure I will be able to find someone to watch the children for Caiah and myself.

Squire Anon D'Athen

((that's only one hour after fighting practice for me, I'll try to be on asap.))
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A dove drops a parchment on the roof of the Keep.

I will try to attend unless I need to stay with the children in Tol Vanima or something urgent needs my attention, Anon can keep me updated on the meeting if I am not available.

Dame Caiah Daekash
Dantagon Marescot

Meeting in 10 dwarven minutes.

Dan
Seori

Post by Seori »

*thick, yellow parchment posted on the gates to the Knighthood's Keep*

The Knighthood and the Abbey share the common ground of having the best interests of Gobaith at heart and wishing to benefit the people. Yet the two possess unique spheres of influence. The Knighthood is well-known for its abundance of highly skilled warriors who abide by a strict code of honor. The Abbey is filled with many devout monks and nuns who in addition to working for charity and praying spend their spare time in useful pursuits such as the magical and druidic arts. When the two cooperate, each relying on the strengths of the other, both will be better able to serve the people of Gobaith as stronger entities. Today, we thus pledge to take the first step on this road to a higher level of cooperation by initiating a student exchange program to bring up capable and ethical individuals. When the Knighthood accepts a priest from the Abbey for martial training, the Abbey will accept a knight for divinity studies.

Grace,
Abbess Seori
Dantagon Marescot

I am glad so many people could make it to the meeting, I am so glad that I am considering holding another one. However, I propose that we invite our fellow friends in high places, (town and guild leaders), to join us. In order for this to work I suggest we change the meeting to ((1 pm est, 7 pm GMT +1, but still on a Sunday)). If this is to occur perhaps we should also keep the meeting more low key and for knighthood members and recruits only. We are a neutral guild, so I would prefer that if we are to invite various people who could clash with each other, I'd rather it be the leaders only and not warriors or mages who are easily set off. Maybe we could keep a policy that any instigation of a fight is cause for the instigator to be escorted out of the keep.

Thoughts would be appreciated, especially as I am only one of the knights that make up the knighthood, not the one leading it.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

An elfess enters the Keep just as silver eyes turn darker and light almost dancer step of her gate becomes more purposeful while she whispers softly to someone not seen.

Let's catch up on the latest news of the Knights Taiah, it feels like forever since we were here though I have to admit the children are growing quickly and it was good to stay with them even if they were getting over a cold.

Caiah suddenly sneezes covering her mouth and mumbles as she sniffs...

Though not good if we manged to catch it.

Taking a pen and grinning at the latest parchment she hurriedly writes.

This sounds like a good idea to me Dantagon, I will try to be available.

Turning away after another couple of sneezes she walks toward the garden.

You can take over Taiah.. I hate colds!
Dantagon Marescot

I would like to encourage all members to participate in the Tournament of Skill. I believe a chance to show the isle our skilled our members are would be beneficial to our name and yours.

Dan
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I agree with Sir Marescot, and intend fully to be there. I hope to see my brothers and sisters in arms at this tournament.

Also, anybody wanting to train themselves to preapre, may wish to approach a fellow member of the Knighthood. We are here for eachother.

~Jon
Dantagon Marescot

Being as the last meeting had such a high turn out and there is a tournament coming up, I shall be holding another fight practice at the keep on ((Sunday, Jan 16th at 7pm est, 1am GMT+2)). There we shall discuss further meetings and events. After practice will be our usual drinking in the meeting room.

Sir Dantagon Marescot

Because people can not read, I shall make this clear. There is only ONE meeting. The meeting involving leaders will be discussed at this meeting and possibly held a dwarven week after. Do not show up for that as I will not be there.