The Knighthood of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Taiah

Post by Taiah »

There is a small parchment laying on the table inside the Keep for all Knights, Squires and Pages to read.

All members of the Knights of Gobaith are welcome to hold meetings, sparring or just explore the land of Athen, formerly called West Strand.

The parchment is simply signed.

Caiah Daekash
Squire of the Knights of Gobaith
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

A small note is placed on the castle's board:

I'm having a drink over at the Fluffy Sheep, anyone care to join?

The note is simply signed with 'Bregor'
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

A parchment bearing the seal of the Knighthood of Gobaith is placed prominently at the castle's board:
To all Knights, Squires and Pages of Gobaith,

Today an important treaty has been signed between the town of Troll's Bane and the Knighthood of Gobaith, rendering the old contract void. The Knighthood is thus granted the official right to uphold the law in the area of Troll's Bane, and can in return be called upon to its protection by the Governour, and shall assist in its outward defense and helping other settlements. This has been signed between Elijah Varrin, Governour of Troll's Bane, and Sir Bregor Ayun, Lead Knight of Gobaith:
The Contract between the Knighthood of Gobaith and Troll's Bane

The Knighthood of Gobaith has in the past, served the Town of Troll's Bane through it's darkest hours. Because of this, it comes a time to put it into writing what they've already striven to do since their inception. The Knighthood of Gobaith now have official rights to conduct justice on the borders and territories of Bane. They will be given the right to ban members from the Town and lands outside the walls for up to thirty days, with the prior consent of the Governor of Guard Captain.

They have the right to withdraw their swords in town, if the justification is there. They will be given keys to the jail and be able to hold or jail criminals for a period of two dwarven weeks. Troll's Bane will have the rights to call for the knighthood's services as long as the intentions are right and just. These would include the safety of Troll's Bane against outside influences and if Troll's Bane interferes into outside matters that concern the safety and well being of another settlement.

The Knighthood exhibits free will with this contract. They are allowed to absolve the contract at any time, if they feel that their services are being used wrongly and unjustly.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin

Signed,
Bregor Ayun
Further, you will all be called to attend the upcoming important meeting and ceremony to take place at our holy altar. Please gather there on 10. Bras 31 15:00. ((Thursday, 5th August at 21:00 o'clock server time))

Looking forward to seeing you all again, and may Malachin guide your path

~Sir Bregor Ayun
Lead Knight of Gobaith
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((OOC: This is the last time I used the time converter, since it is obviously not working the way it is supposed to be, i.e. only when you are in the same timezone as the server anyway, so, to clarify: meeting date: Thursday, 5th August 19pm GMT. We may hold meetings in the meantime, however, on much shorter notice and I can't plan exactly when I can be online. hope to see as many of you around as possible! greetz PO Bregor))
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

A small parchment is placed right below:

Greetings! Due to many members of our order being unavailable, the ceremony that was to take place is postponed to a later date. However, I encourage anyone available to meet with me in front of the keep for a training session at the given date.

~ Sir Bregor
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((doubt this will take place today, i am in no good mood and incredibly tired for no reason. If online, twill be much later. sorry))
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Dear Knights, I seem to have stumbled across a key to your very stronghold of Stoneridge and was wondering whether you'd like to buy it back...?

C.R
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

A small note is scribbled upon the latest parchment "Expect my dove. ~Sir Ayun"
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((my notebook is now finally really dying on me, I will see to soon replace it and in the meantime, i will use my gf's pc, in case she is not using it herself that is. However, I still can access the forum and read and reply to messages, if anyone would care to send one.))
The Knights of Gobaith

A parchment is placed on the castle's board, bearing the seal of the Knighthood of Gobaith:

The warrior and longtime member of our order known as Tirrend Skye has, due to his severe crimes, been released from his oath and expelled from the order of the Knighthood of Gobaith, and shall be banished from the territory of Troll's Bane, the castle of Stoneridge and its lands.
Whoever lays hands on an innocent being and cause their death willingly cannot and shall never again proceed on the path to Knighthood, murderes have no place in this our knightly order!
I write this with a sad yet angry heart, for the disappointment in our former and longest serving Squire is deep and hurtful.
All privileges as a Squire and a member of the Knighthood shall be taken from him, he shall no longer bear the insignia of a Squire of Gobaith and upon surrendering is to return his key. Shall he breach any more laws or breach his verdict and consequences of his punishment, we will have no other choice but to search and detain him.

Unrelated, a meeting shall place soon, once the majority of us have returned from the mainland, to hold the long planned ceremony.

For the Knighthood of Gobaith,

~Sir Bregor Ayun
Lead Knight of Gobaith
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

*a cute little red head wabbles over to the board and places a note on it, careful to not knock the others off with her huge stomach*
Dear my lovely Knights, squires and pages,
I will be going to the main land for the rest of my pregnancy. I will be back as soon as I and the baby are healthy enough to come back.

~Yours Truely~
Page Fleta Ross

((DUDE!!! so pissed.....my new college has Illa blocked..... so will not be on till jan of 2011. Im trnasferring out of this school after this semester. I will get on when im home for holidays so i will be on randomly through thanksgiving and christmas. I love you guys))
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((I am glad to inform you that I finally acquired a running system again and will now be able to run illarion stable again, see you IG soon! Greetz PO Bregor))
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

*Sir Ayun walks up to castle Stoneridge and pins a note on its board with the date of the next meeting*

((Tuesday, 8pm GMT))
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

((Attention, due to quite a number of our members finding this still too early, I changed the meeting time to 10.30 pm GMT on this evening, see ya'll later hopefully))
The Knights of Gobaith

Be greeted Pages, Squires and Knights of Gobaith!

I, Sir Bregor Ayun, am pleased to welcome back one of the founding Knights of this very order to the active service in the Knighthood, please heartily welcome back Sir Mark Strongarm, Knight of Gobaith, to this our order and the Council of Knights! Thus the Council of Knights is back to its normal count and began its work effectively on the latest meeting.
Long we sat, until the dawn of a new day, and much was discussed, yet we did not finish, thus I invite all members of the order to attend the continuation of the meeting in about three dwarven days.

May Lord Malachin guide and protect our knightly order in these and the coming days, and may we find to strength of old to again fight the evils creeping about this island and drive back the tightening grip of shadow and fear.

For the Knighthood of Gobaith,

Sir Bregor Ayun
Lead Knight of Gobaith
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Hello,

If any members would like to work on some group combat training let me know.

Mark
Thurik Stronghammer

Post by Thurik Stronghammer »

I send greetings to the most prestigious Knighthood of Gobaith. I'm disappointed that you have none in this knighthood, representing the great Dwarven race. Therefore as a dwarf, and a defender of all that is good and just, I would like to apply to become a page of this order. Though I have not trained with a blade in many a year, I am currently training to regain my current strength.

Thurik
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Caiah walks to the Keep to read any new parchments from the Knights and pulls off one newly added to the outside, then writes under it after whispering with a soft chuckle to someone not seen near her "I wonder if he has a beard", before again pinning it to the board.

I will send you a dove dwarf Thurik

Squire Caiah Daekash
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Caiah adds an official parchment with the Knights stamp on it inside the Keep so only those that joined may view:

I would strongly suggest all Pages take group combat training with Sir Strongarm, please write at the end of this parchment best times you can attend so a class can be arranged.
Squire Caiah Daekash

The first name signed up for the class is already written:

Squire Caiah Daekash, available most days but mid week ((Wednesdays)) and most times (( afternoons CST are iffy, other times good))
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I may be able to attend these trainings as well, but I cant speak with absolute certainty on either way. However, there are various times I know I will be completely unavailable. ((Weekdays until 16:00 GMT -4, Mondays until more like 17:00, Tuesdays between 19:00 and 21:00, and random other times that come and go with the flow))

I am doing my best to re-assimilate my way into the Knighthood after so many lengthy departures, and am looking forward to meeting with any current or prospective members I could, even if only to know that everybody's still doing well. Also, a dove can always find me, and if you wish to meet with me I can see what i can do to arrange it.

~~Sir Jonathan Cain
Knight of Gobaith
donaideenn

My Squire Tirrend Skye

Post by donaideenn »

Greetings, I Benjamin Terrant
Have returned from an exile of finding where my faith lies. I am wondering what I am to do without the leadership and honesty of my appointed Squire Tirrend Skye. Before I left on my trip, he was an honorable figure in my life. Even an equal to that of my once-well father. It shames me to see him banished and as a Page of The Knights of Gobaith, I for one, Vouch that he be allowed re-entry into the Knighthood, though I know I probably have little say, even the smallest human should be aloud a say. I am now nearly a man of 18 summers and wish to know what happens next, I shall be residing in the Knighthood Keep, untill then.

~ Sincerely- Page Benjamin Terrant
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Greetings Page Terrant, and welcome back to Gobaith!

Your voice is heard and of course you are allowed a say in the matter. However, and unfortunately, considering his crimes that resulted in the death of an innocent, we, the Knights, can do nothing to redeem former Squire Tirrend Skye. As long as the Knights of Gobaith stand for the protection of the innocent, to guard those unable to defend themselves, as long as we stand for the law, justice and the good people of Gobaith, we cannot allow murderes and villains amongst our ranks, and shall, as long as I am in charge, never do.
Until further notice, I will assign you to Squire Anon of d'Athen, Captain of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane and esteemed member of the Knighthood of Gobaith, to proceed with your training.

To all members of this very order, watch out for a ceremonial meeting to take place in course of the next two dwarven days! I hope to meet as many of you as possible to finally celebrate several promotions!

May Malachin guide all your paths,

Sir Bregor Ayun
Lead Knight of Gobaith
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

I hear thee and answer, Sir Ayun.
Page Terrant, I am pleased to hear you so quickly defend a friend-it shows loyalty, a great part of knighthood.

I am willing to meet with you as you are able. I am quite often found patrolling the streets of Trollsbane. We can discus all matter of concern in person, and I shall answer your questions as I may.

I look forward to our meeting,

Squire Anon D'Athen
Captain of the Town Guard
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Excellent, thank you Squire of d'Athen!

The ceremony will finally take place in two dwarven days, I call for all our members to gather in the keep on the following date:
((monday, 12:00 GMT))

Sir Bregor Ayun
The Knights of Gobaith

Be greeted, Pages, Squires and Knights of Gobaith!

A ceremony was held today at our altair in Stoneridge, present were Sir Bregor Ayun and Squires Anon of d'Athen and Caiah Daekash. As of today the Knighthood of Gobaith celebrates the promotion and addition to the Knight's Council of Dame Caiah Daekash! The esteemed elfen warrior, bound to her sister Taiah, is one of the most loyal and dedicated members of this order since I assumed the position of Lead Knight, and she enjoys my utmost trust. With such a strong Knight's Council, much is to be expected in the future of our order, be it in relationships to other town, settlements and guilds, the pursuit of justice as well as cultural activities and training with the sword. Dame Daekash is now entitled to all privileges of a full Knight, congratulations!
For our next meeting, I again call to all our members to gather in strength an numbers, and for everyone attending to form some ideas for future endavours, activities and tasks of the Knighthood of Gobaith. If you cannot make any of the soon to be announced meeting or training dates, you can as well send a dove to one of the Knights containing your ideas via dove ((PM or MSN, for those who haven't already, add me to your msn contact list, contact details to be found beneath any of my posts)). For the next meeting, two different times will be given so that everyone has the opportunity to attend.

May Malachin guide your paths,

For the Knight's Council,

Sir Bregor Ayun
Lead Knight of Gobaith

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seid gegrüsst, Pagen, Knappen und Ritter Gobaiths!

Eine Zeremonie wurde heute abgehalten an unserem Altar in Burg Stoneridge. Anwesend waren Sir Bregor Ayun und die Knappen Anon of d'athen und Caiah Daekash. Am heutigen Tag feiert die Ritterschaft von Gobaith die Beförderung und Ergänzung zum Rat der Ritter von Dame Caiah Daekash. Die geachtete elfische Kriegerin, gebunden an ihre Schwester Taiah, ist eine der loyalsten und engagiertesten Mitglieder der Ritterschaft seit ich die Position des Führenden Ritters angenommen habe, sie geniesst mein äußerstes Vertrauen. Mit so einem starken Rat der Ritter kann in Zukunft viel von der Ritterschaft erwartet werden, sei es in den Beziehungen zu anderen Städten, Siedlungen und Gilden, der Aufrechterhaltung von Gerechtigkeit als auch kulturellen Aktivitäten und dem Training mit dem Schwerte. Dame Daekash ist nun zu allen Privilegien eines vollen Ritters ermächtigt. Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
Zu unserem nächsten Treffen rufe ich an alle Mitglieder unseres Ordens sich in starker Zahl in der Feste einzufinden, und für alle die planen vorbeizukommen die Bitte, euch ein paar Ideen zu machen über zukünftige Belange, Aktivitäten und Aufgaben der Ritterschaft. Solltet ihr zu keiner der bald angegebenen Zeiten erscheinen können, so bitte ich euch eure Ideen mit einer Brieftaube an einen unserer Ritter zu schicken. ((PM oder MSN, für alle die es noch nicht getan haben, fügt mich zu eurem MSN hinzu, details stehen unter jedem meiner posts)). Für das nächste Treffen werden zwei verschiedene Zeiten angesetzt, damit jeder die Möglichkeit hat zu erscheinen.

Möge Malachin euch auf all euren Pfaden beschützen!

Für den Rat der Ritter,

Sir Bregor Ayun
Führender Ritter Gobaiths
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

An elfess with dark eyes pens a parchment on the main board of the Keep appearing in somewhat of a hurry as she neglects to stop to read it again before walking away.. some time later the same elfess yet now with silver eyes and a ready smile walks past and blinks then giggles taking out her pen and changing part of the signature.

There will be a meeting of all members and potential members of the Knights of Gobaith in four dwarfen days (( Saturday 1700 GMT )).

The parchment is signed..
Squire is crossed out then Dame is written in a totally different handwriting Caiah Daekash
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Greetings. Unfortunately, neither Dame Daekash nor me will be able to make that meeting. If any of the other Knights can make it, please post here, otherwise you can still meet up for a training session. I will be in the keep most of the next dwarven day, maybe we can meet up then.

Kind regards,

Sir Ayun
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

I may not yet be a knight, but any who wish sparing or discussion may meet with me at the keep. I patiently await your arrivals.

Squire Anon D'Athen,
Captain of the Town Guard
The Knights of Gobaith

Goblins

For the past days the goblins from the north have been assaulting the city of Troll's Bane. Initially there were acts of arson leaving innocents wounded. Since then there have been continued acts of aggression against the city, including a full scale invasion of many hundreds of goblins. Because of these heinous acts, there is to be a counter-attack on this day. All members of the knighthood capable of defeating goblins are requested to report to the Northern Woods immediately.

*An addition is made, the piece of parchment a bit tattered and bloody but able to be read*
We are at a camp set up east of the entry to the goblin lands. one can reach us by entering the Goblin Lands and marching around the northern tip of the mountain. It is not a far walk and any needing direction should send me a dove. The Goblin base is across the river from our encampment. Also, one needs not burden himself with supplies, we have a depot shared with Bane.

*Another note is pinned, this one in much better condition*
We shall be staying the night at our encampment. The battle shall take place tomorrow and so there is plenty of time for any of our members to arrive to assist in one form or another.

~Sir Jonathan Cain
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

The battle is starting momentarily. Again I put out a call to our members to come and assist us in this battle. Our lacation is still the same. You go up past the northern mine, into the goblin lands, round the tip of the mountain the mine is is, and we will be almost immediately to the south east. If nobody is present send me a letter, or go east toward the river where you may be able to shout for one to give you directions.

~~Sir Jonathan Cain

*Another note is added it simply reads, "Issue eradicated".*