A Warrior's Tale ((Open RP))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karfang

A Warrior's Tale ((Open RP))

Post by Karfang »

((I hope to add more to this, feel free to jump in. Open RP to all except Maeglin Telemmaite. Thanks.))

It is early autumn in Gobaith, the month of Malas “The Hunter” is upon us. The leaves are about to turn from green to reds and oranges. The birds are migrating, and the squirrels are preparing their stores of nuts for the winter.

North of the coal mine, North of the North woods, deep in the Northern Steppe in a place called Xanadu, can be seen a circular tent, a “yurt”, upon which an Orc flag can be seen flying. The Orc inside prepares for the morning’s hunt.
Krull Karfang, of the Bloodskulls, dons his leather armor. It squeaks as he stretches it across his muscular frame. Lacing up the leather straps, he ensures that it is secure. Next, he puts on his boots, lacing up the breeches as he works upward. The leather is tight this morning with the chill in the air the night before.

He places an Orc helmet upon his head, and grabs a sword. He swings it through the air once with a ‘swish’ to feel the balance. He nods at the result.

Lastly, he grabs a rough looking, metallic shield, marred and chipped by many encounters. He looks around the tent for a last time. An odd assortment of weapons, spoils and leather armors adorn the floor from his raids upon the Goblin camps. He grabs a bag loaded with camping supplies, and walks from the tent.

The air is crisp and the morning dew lies upon the ground, making even the grass glisten in the morning dawn. He walks over to last nights fire, embers now, and kicks at the ashes. The embers glow a little, but nothing more. He reaches down and grabs some ash, stands up, then smears it upon his forehead. He says “Mighty Lord Malachin, bless this day and my hunt!”
He looks out upon the place and smiles. “Xanadu” he thinks, “a place where even the Rabbits and Deer skin themselves and jump into the bag!” He likes this place.

With a grunt, he sets off south, toward the drumbeats he heard earlier last night. Goblins. Unlike demon skeletons who fight alone, Goblins hunt in groups and therefore are more challenging. From the sounds of the drums last night, he should find many Goblins today.

Suddenly, behind a tree “Gnak Gash Breee!” a Goblin scout yells as he charges upon Krull. Krull stops, braces himself and unsheathes a sword, and charges the goblin. “Clash!” as shields and swords meet. Swinging around to the right, Krull tries to parry the Goblin’s thrust to his hip, meeting the sword and sliding up to the hilt. “Clang!” goes the armor as Krull pushes against the Goblin to gain room to swing again. The Goblin is forced backward, but as he charges again, shields meet. Krull pushes the other shield to the side, just enough to slide his sword underneath the other, and stick the Goblin in the gullet. “Arrrggghhhh!!!” the Goblin yells as he chokes upon the blood in his throat, before dropping to the ground.

Satisfied, Krull searches the body only to find a few coins, and a rusty dagger. “Hmmm” he thinks, “Maybe I’ll get luckier later at their main camp.” Wiping his sword upon the grass, he sheathes his sword, and begins off South again.
Last edited by Karfang on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Deep in the Goblin camp in the Northern woods, Bregash, a goblin warrior awakens to the rise of the sun. Stretching as he lays by last night’s fire, he sniffs some eggs cooking. He looks over and sees that Meegog is cooking them over a fire. He licks his lips as he gets up and walks over to Meegog.

“Go away, these are mine” Meegog replies. Bregash’s belly rumbles with hunger.
“Just give me one…I haven’t eaten for days!” Bregash says.
“NO, get your own” he replies.

Bregash frowns and grunts a little, then decides to take them from him. He pounces upon Meegog and they tumble in the grass, each one clawing at the other, pulling their hair. “They’re Mine!” Meegog yells, “I want them” Bregash answers. Some spears get knocked over. They tumble and roll around until they bump into the chief, Harkan.

“What’s going on!” Harkan demands. Like little children, Meegog and Bregash began to blame the other for their pulled hair, and stubbed toes.

“Enough” yells Harkan, and slaps them both in the face. “Get to work and clean up this mess!”

Whimpering and pointing fingers at each other, Meegog and Bregash begin to pick up the spears. With a sniff, Harkan notices the eggs on the fire and goes to get them. “Mmmm, these will do nicely” as Harkan picks them up and walks back to the ruin.

Meegog watches, his eyes welling up with tears. Bregash walks by with some spears, and Meegog slaps him. “Hey!” Bregash answers before they begin tumbling in the dirt again. “Ow!” each one yells as the other pulls their hair. “Stoppit!” Meegog yells. “Slap, slap….punch punch” as the two goblins wrestle and slap at each other. They tumble down a low hill, away from the ruins until they bump into a conifer tree.

They both stop suddenly, as they both see a bird’s nest lying on the ground. A small bird had left 3 eggs in it and it had fallen from the tree. They stop their wrestling and smile at each other. “Friends?” Meegog asks, as Bregash nods.

“Goodie!” Bregash exclaims, “One for each of us!” Meegog frowns and thinks for a moment. “Who gets the third one?” Meegog asks. “well I should since I found it” Bregash answers. Meegog grunts “Nuh-uhh, I found it!” They slap each other and grapple the other as they try to pull hair. This starts a new round of wrestling. They rumble and roll on top of the nest “Squish” go the eggs. “Arrgghhh! You crushed the eggs!” Bregash accuses Meegog. Meegog says, “Nuh-uhh, you did!” and continues to wrestle. This continues a little while until they begin to get tired and very hungry. Panting, they both stop, look at each other and Meegog asks, “Friends?” as Bregash nods. They stand up and begin to head back to the ruins, tired and very hungry.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Proceeding south, Krull enters the North woods on the way to the Goblin Ruins close-by. The woods are dark and eerie, and begin to close in upon him. Dark shapes seem to float from tree to tree. Once he even thought he saw a man in a black robe.

Krull stops and crouches, listening for footsteps or breaks in the brush. Silence. Suddenly some goblins are yelling from the direction of the camp “ghujg cug!” and “Ow!” and “Stoppit!” before the yelling becomes a rustle.

Sniffing the air, Krull decides to climb the nearest tree to get a look at the ruins. Something falls out of the tree, but he ignores it. Getting to the top, Krull looks out upon the ruins, dark and decayed. He also notices two Goblins fighting as they roll down the hill to his position.

Silently, Krull waits and breathes steady. He hears them at the bottom of the tree. “freebs?” one asks, then “Guutie! Wun fur ech us!” They appear to argue and fight some more before they stop, panting and proceed back up the hill. Krull waits a few moments for the Goblins to enter the ruins before climbing back down the tree. He then sneaks along the tree-line looking for a good ambush spot.

Suddenly, he freezes. A man in a black robe can be seen crossing the clearing to the ruins, and entering. “Who be dat” Krull ponders. He decides to wait, and observe this new visitor.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Meegog and Bregash walk slowly up the hill, and enter the ruins. Chief Harkan is waiting for them. Tossing a plate of egg grease, he wipes his face with his arms and asks “Well is everything cleaned up?”

They both nod and look at the floor,…by where the plate fell.

Harkan says, “Frigg hasn’t returned yet, so I want you two ‘numb-nuts’ to start walkin’ patrol.” “We have a visitor coming and I want to be sure….”

Suddenly a dark shape rises from behind Bregash and Meegog. “There’s no need” it says in fluent Goblin. Bregash and meegog see the stranger and begin to shake and quiver. The stranger brushes past the two and toward the Chief. “Before we begin, I must warn you that your scout died this morning. Post Guards.”

The chief grunts at Bregash and Meegog, and they nod together as they turn to exit the ruins. Chief then says to the stranger “What do I call you?” “Call me the Vulture” he says with an evil grin.

“Now we may speak of my plans.” The stranger says one word “TrollsBane”. “It is weak and without direction right now…your Goblins could easily take it and rule!” Vulture needs more persuasion, so he continues, “Think of it…all the gold and women you want! Each Goblin would get a house, the biggest for you.” With that, the chief smiles and nods to the ideas.
"I will help you when the time is right, with my magic." The chief nods and pours a drink for Vulture, who accepts it with a nod of his head and drinks it.
“Yes, there will be plenty of time for feasting too…now about the plan….”Vulture pulls out a map of Trollsbane and lays it on the table and begins to discuss the plan with Harkan.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

The warrior remained silent, watching the tall orc crawl by. He was not here to have fun, unfortunately, but because his Jarl had ordered him to keep his eyes open. He was slim and fastmoving for a Norodaj, but still you could tell he belonged to that race. His blond beard had been braided in two, his hair were also braided partially to ensure they did not fall into his eyes and disturb him in his actions. He wore but leather armour, that helped him move almost without a sound. The wolfskin that the Jarl's wife had sewed to his shoulders instead of a cloak kept him warm and still did not disturb his hands as he did one testing grib to the quiver with his arrows. Contended because it was at its rightfull place, he hushed from his hiding place and followed the orcen hunter.

It was a hard piece of work crawling up that hill between the bushes, carrying a bow in his right hand and being aware of taking the small axe from his belt in just one second in case he needed to, and trying to make as little sound as possible. For a watcher there would have been no question why Jarl Vigalf had picked him for the mission to guard this part of the northern woods: he moved as skilled as a panther, even surpressing his own breathing and avoiding to be heard. Finally he was only but a distance of five long paces behind his dangerour prey.
Why does he stop now? rushed through Agrimur Farensons mind while waiting behind a tree and watching the orc with narrowed eyes. Is he behind the goblins, or is it something else he is seeking in this forest?
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

A tall elf dressed in black swings down from a tree branch and is hanging on his feet.Confused as I am hmm? said the elf to the orc standing just a few feet before him. He jumps down and reveals a scar in the shape of the face of a snarling wolf.He quickly covers it up and pushes his brown long hair out of his face.his pale blue eyes suddenly shifting to purple..Now before you attack me...let me introduce myself...I am Maeglin Telemmaite Vian.The elf bows slightly keeping his eyes on the orc incase he makes a sudden attack... and i believe i have a proposition for you...if your interested...the elf looks around his eyes shimmering to a light green and then stopping in the direction of the norodaj he turns back to the orc suddenly not even revealing that he saw someone there...as cleverly concealed as they might be...the goblins would have taken all the wolves out of this area by now.The elf stares at the orc now...his eyes turning to a ruby redor shall i leave you to your spy? he laughs and disappears into the trees...he shouts so the orc can hear him..Ill be waiting...just send this wolf back to me if you accept.A wolf with Fur as black as the darkness and with eyes as red as the sun comes trotting over to the orc...it speaks.If you wish...you may kill me...the meat i have will be poison and my fur will shrivel and fall away...and then i will be reborn and appear by your bedside...this will continue for three days if you do not answer my master by then he will find you.He hates disrespect. Also i will obey your every command. if you tell em to stay or attack i will do so but no mater what i will find you and continue to follow you for the alloted time.That is all. three days no more no less...and if you do not send me with an answer atached to my skin in the form of a note...then you will suffer my masters wrath...or not.depending on his mood. and then the wolf sits down and stares at the norodaj and it looks as if it smiles and says to no one imparticular.He is not the one you seek...yet
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

A goblin watches the scene from behind a bush, scratching his bald head as the wolf barks and snarls at the orc.
Clearly a wolf can not speak.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Krull just stares at the elf as he speaks, disappears, and then at the wolf as it approaches, however, all he hears is snarls and whimpers from the wolf. It doesn't appear to attack, and what's a wolf to Krull anyway? He decides to take some meat from his bag, and throws it toward the wolf to occupy it while he sneaks back.

Always keeping an eye on the ruins, Krull sees the two goblins come out. They stop and look out upon the forest, one even picks his nose and the other yawns. They stand there for five minutes or so, and then appear to wander down the hill to the left, possibly after a rabbit.

When they have gone, cautiously, Krull decides to approach the ruin. He climbs up the hill, and peers into the ruins. There is seen the Robed man talking in hushed tones to a fat Goblin, obviously some chief. The whispers are hard to hear, but he does hear the words ..."Mages"..."Trollsbane"..."attack"...

A whistling Goblin catches his attention as one of the goblins begins to come back up the hill, whistling a merry tune, and holding onto some eggs. Undecided, Krull ponders whether to attack an unknown enemy, the 'mage', or to quietly sneak away. He decides on the latter, and as he crawls away from the ruins, he tries to be careful not to be heard or seen. "Be the wind" his mentor would say. "Quiet and fast but forceful." Krull hurries down the hill and enters the treeline quickly before the goblin can see him.

Suddenly, he trips over a huddled figure in the bush. Silently drawing a sword, he prepares to meet this unknown foe, this Norodaj warrior.

"Who are Joo?" Krull demands in hushed tones.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

An elf appeared seemingly out of nowhere. He said something Agrimur did not quite overhear, but he remained cowered, surprised even more when the newcomer disappeared as quick as he had come. As sudden as the elf, a wolf approached the orc, sniffing and howling, barking as if trying to tell something. The young Norodaj had always admired wolves, but for this one, he had no good feeling. Its behaviour was unnatural. Silently he crawled over to the side, away from the couple, and closer to the clearing with the ruins, trying to see and hear.

The orc had decided to leave the wood and snuck down towards the ruins. The warrior narrowed his eyes, and concentrated hard actually noticing a robed figure, as tall as a man, talking to some fat goblin. Biting his lip anxiously, Agrimur remained. Better not to risk too much, you will find out soon enough, he thought.

Now his prey started coming back, avoiding to be seen. The ranger had to admitt that this orc was moving quiet and skilled, not making any sounds and not being seen by any of those goblins. But he came nearer, and he came nearer too fast...
Agrimur did not manage to crawl away, he simply lay down even closer to the earth, hoping the orc would overstep him... but no... he suppressed a low "Ouch!" as the hard foot stomped into his stomach.

Grabbing his axe... where was it... ah, there... in panic, he turned around facing his opponent. Run, an inner voice told him, but another just said Stay, you never know what he listened to... he might be of help.
"Who are Joo?" - "I could ask ye the very same question, aye?" he answered in the same hushed tone. "But I actually don't need to wrestle with tha' damn mage down there, so how about gettin' some better spot for this?"

He waited, unsure what the other one might answer. Clenching a fist around the axes hilt, he waited for whatever might happen next... attack or parley.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

In a hushed style, the Orc realized that he could talk to this person, and put a single finger to his lips, "Shhhh..." and waved the other away from the clearing. Quietly, he moved away from the clearing containing the ruins.

Once away from the clearing, Krull looked at the Norodaj warrior. The Norodaj were men, but men from the North. Barbarians with a code of conduct and sense of honor very like Orcs. If any Humans and Orcs could work together, it was the Norodaj. Krull knew this and hoped for a positive reaction.

Krull smiled and in a friendly tone said, "My Bruddah from anudder mother, who are Joo?" he repeated. "Do joo come as a friend or foe?"
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

"My name is Agrimur Farenson, hunter of the Drachenklan of Nordmark." The speaker looked very young, now that the orc could finally see him fully, he might have been no more than 16 years, the two beardbraids but fluff on his chin. His light green eyes searched the orc carefully and despite this very youth they gave him semblence of a far older warrior. "My Jarl ordered me here to report on any strange happenings in these woods."

Frowning the young Norodaj looked up to the tall orc, his hand still on his axe, as if he had it there just in case. "Now you tell me who you are, and what you were looking for out here... what is your messing with mages and elves?" He stood still, but the agile way he had moved through the forest only minutes before could tell the orc he was not half as easy to outflank as he seemed, despite his youth. But the orc might already have guessed that, seeing that a hunter this young had already a mission that important.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

A goblin comes sprinting trough the forrest with a tall and angry looking orc armed with two maces, wearing heavy armor and a orc helmet right behind him. dat beh 'meh' monneh! he shouts angrily then throws one of his maces at him. The goblin is struck in his back with a crunching sound and colapses to the ground with a shriek of pain. Turga quickly picks up the mace he threw then yanks a small pouch form the goblins waist stoopid gabblin thiefy! he mumbles to himself as he puts the pouch in his bag then crushes the gobblins head with his foot.

His black and tired eyes slowly drift towards the ruins, a devilish grin forms on his lips. after taking a few steps towards the ruins he spots something out of the corner of his eye, his head snaps left and his black and tired eyes narrows slightly as he sees the wolf. Cocking his head he purses his lips crudely then lets out a deep howl that echoes trough the forrest. The wolf lifts his head staring at him for a few moments then begins growling, snarling and howling at him. Turga confidently walks towards the growling, snarling and howling wolf wit ha sadistic grin on his face.
Maeglin Telemmaite

A black arrow whistles through the trees and lands between the orc and Norodaj...attached to it is a note.

I come as a friend but apparently you are not worthy to hear the wolf's call...perhaps i may have use of you both.If either of you care to accept...know that what i have in mind can make you richer than you could have ever imagined.I would like both of you to accept but depending on circumstances only one of you may join me...have fun and whomever finds me first will win their prize...or should i say price.

to locate me go north of the goblin ruins ,here which if i were you two I'd be careful to go around them,well go north about a mile and then you will come to a valley made of red pulsating rubies. Look for the sapphire protruding from the wall on the western side.Use something to knock it out of place and then the walls all around you will fall to rubies...do not take any one of them but the sapphire you may keep. You can sell the sapphire for a gold it is so large. I say do not pick up one ruby. I can not stress this enough. They are razor sharp and can cut through any material. After the walls fall look directly across from where the sapphire was located and you will find a cave.Inside the cave you will see the walls are lined with different assortments of gems. Take any that you wish except the topaz.those are enchanted and will turn whatever touches them to ash. Continue through the cave and you will find me behind a screen made of topaz.Like its little gems in the cave it is enchanted but with a different affect that will be explained when you get there. I hope to see you there and remember...everyone has a price and i can double that. With high regards~Maeglin Telemmaite
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

The goblin hops from behind the bush and runs towards the human and orc. He stops just a few feet behind them, looking from side to side for the angry wolf. He suddenly rushes beween the two, steals the arrow that was shot there and runs away with it back into a bush, not giving a chance to any of them to read the long parchment attached to it.
After a few moments, one could clearly hear some strange noises coming from the goblin's direction, followed by a loud, wiping sound. Seconds after, a brown spotted parchment is tossed outside the bush, the goblin running away in the other direction, a deep smile of satisfaction on his green face.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Expecting the goblins move...for he saw him out of the corner of his eyes, Maeglin shoots another arrow,this one with no tip to it,with a exact replica of the note attached to it, Into the Orcs hands.

I come as a friend but apparently you are not worthy to hear the wolf's call...perhaps i may have use of you both.If either of you care to accept...know that what i have in mind can make you richer than you could have ever imagined.I would like both of you to accept but depending on circumstances only one of you may join me...have fun and whomever finds me first will win their prize...or should i say price.

to locate me go north of the goblin ruins ,here which if i were you two I'd be careful to go around them,well go north about a mile and then you will come to a valley made of red pulsating rubies. Look for the sapphire protruding from the wall on the western side.Use something to knock it out of place and then the walls all around you will fall to rubies...do not take any one of them but the sapphire you may keep. You can sell the sapphire for a gold it is so large. I say do not pick up one ruby. I can not stress this enough. They are razor sharp and can cut through any material. After the walls fall look directly across from where the sapphire was located and you will find a cave.Inside the cave you will see the walls are lined with different assortments of gems. Take any that you wish except the topaz.those are enchanted and will turn whatever touches them to ash. Continue through the cave and you will find me behind a screen made of topaz.Like its little gems in the cave it is enchanted but with a different affect that will be explained when you get there. I hope to see you there and remember...everyone has a price and i can double that. With high regards~Maeglin Telemmaite

The wolf moves to the tree line keeping an eye on the orc and human and keeping a sharp sight for the goblin that stole the previous arrow.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Turga stops dead in his tracks as the first arrow flies past him, his head snaps towards the direction it came from. not paying more attention to the wolf, he slowly begins walking towards the bushes the arrow came from. As the seccond arrow flies past his head he explodes forward with a roar smash yuu fais! he shouts as he crashes trough the bushes. He growls angrily when he doesnt find anyone there caowurd gabblin hantur he mumbles to himself.

Then as the goblin hops out from a bush next to him he lets out a roar and chases after it, he skids to a halt as he sees the norodaj and orc. He looks them both over for a seccond then greeba brudda..and oomin. yuu wanna hab fan smashin da stoopid gabblins? he grins a bit at them then flings a mace at the goblin he was chasing, it impacts with its neck with a sickening crack. Turga calmly walks over to the dead goblin and retrieves his mace then walks back to the norodaj and orc.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

The Norodaj took out his axe, his head turning faster and faster from one side to the other. Stupid, stupid... did ye really run tha' simply into a trap??? Could it be tha' they tricked ye this simple?

With a luring kind of movement he sprinted next to the tree behind him, covering his back while the forest grew alife. The ominous wolf, the squeeking goblin, a second orc... and then suddenly somebody shot at him. He suppressed a hiss while the arrow landed directly between him and the first orc, who still had not given him a responding to his question. But before he could even look closer at the parchment, it had been gone, serving as cleaning for a goblin's poo. A second arrow whizzed, this time Agrimur was already at his watch, he stowed the axe away and drew bow and arrow in a floading movement. Two breathes later he had already pointed one of his precious arrows at the bush, narrowing his eyes like the ones of a cat. Doing so, he still remained next to the tree, being able to cover behind it as soon as needed.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

In hushed tones, he whispers "Meh is Krull..." suddenly the arrow hits the ground. Before he could reach it, a goblin runs by, grabs the arrow and runs into the bushes. Krull drops into a fighting stance, but the goblin disappears.

"Weh nub safe here" Krull says . Suddenly a second arrow is fired from the same tree, which Krull catches and breaks into two with a smirk. A first shot was a surprise, a second can be tracked, as any hunter knows. It was foolish for the 'elf' to fire two arrows. Krull pulls out a hatchet.

Again, there's a crashing through the bushes and Turga shows up. Smiling, Krull says, "Greebas Bruddah!" then "Help meh" as he throws Turga a hatchet and runs to the tree quickly. Krull scales up the tree and sees the elf sitting in the branches, his bow ready to shoot another black arrow.

Swiftly, Krull throws the hatchet, like a thowing axe at the branch the elf sits on. "Crack" goes the branch and the elf falls along with it to the ground, hitting a few branches on the way down. Leaping from the his branch as the elf falls, Krull lands on top of the elf with a sword to his throat to silence anything he may say. The only sounds during all this was the crack of a branch.

Smiling, Krull sees Turga got the hint and was also ready to capture this annoying elf if he tried to jump from the tree.

"Speak quietly, and mehbe weh nub slit joor throat" "Who are joo and why joo here?"
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

The actions of the orcs were swift and skilled, so Agrimur did nothing else than waiting and watching them. They did not seem to need his help, still he was ready to shoot the elf if he tried to escape. Now he came nearer, and looked at his natural enemy with disgust in his eyes.
Saying nothing, he cowered next to Krull and watched the questioning with interest, some of his glances and concentration always at the tree line, where the goblin vanished.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Turga looks confused at the hatchet then watches as Krull climbs the tree, a brief smile crawls across his face as he watches the norodaj hide behind the tree. moving quickly he get into possition waiting, then as the elf crashes to the ground and Krull lands ontop of him he runs over putting a foot on the elfs arm.

he grins sadistcly as he puts blood stained mace on the elfs chest

mebbeh pain will maik da effi spiik? he says in a low tone of voice then waits for the elf to speak
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Meanwhile, at the ruins, Meegog is looking at his fine find of robin's eggs, licking his lips and whistling a merry tune. He sits by the fire and starts to cook them.

"Grunt" comes a sound from over the hill as Bregash stumbles up, holding his swollen left eye in his hand.

"I told you they were my eggs." Meegog quietly says with a smile. Bregash moans.

Suddenly they see a wolf at the edge of the clearing. Usually they would ignore it because wolves never bother with them, but Bregash was hungry. Licking his lips, he grabbed a spear and walked down the hill toward the wolf. Strangely the wolf was just sitting there, waiting for something. Quietly, Bregash snuck up behind the wolf and shoved a spear through it's neck, killing it instantly and without sound.

With a huge grin, Bregash grabbed the tail, and pulled the carcass up the hill toward the fire. "Meegog can have his eggs, I got me a wolf!" Bregash thought with a grin. As he approached the fire, Meegog's eyes widened and his grin about his eggs suddenly disappeared. "You gonna eat all that?" Meegog asked. "Yup" was the reply.

Bregash proceeded to pull out a skinning knife, slit the wolf along the belly, and peeled it back, exposing the carcass. Bregash skinned and dressed the wolf meat, cutting it up into haunches and roasting one over the fire. He stored the rest in a bag for later. "Mmmm, that smells good" Meegog says.... "Friends?" Bregash replies "Nu-uh, not this time" with a sadistic grin. The eggs suddenly look very small as Meegog begins to cry.

Suddenly, the Goblin Chief Harkan, and his visitor come from the ruins and look out upon the forest. "Yes, it will be a massacre" Harkan says, "and then maybe the humans can have this place" as he spits on the ground. The robed man simply nods in agreement and rolls a map in his hands.

A Branch breaks from somewhere to the south with a loud "Crack". Harkan looks out that way, then orders the two goblins to check it out. "Awww...the food's not ready" Bregash exclaims. At which point, Harkan makes as if to kick them, but they anticipate this and shuffle to their feet reluctantly and grab some spears. Tired and hungry, again,...they make their way down the hill toward the sound of the branch.
Maeglin Telemmaite

The elf Jumps high into the air from a tree.He already has his bow out and starts unloading arrows upon the orcs
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Maeglin Telemmaite wrote:The elf Jumps high into the air from a tree.He already has his bow out and starts unloading arrows upon the orcs
((Ignore this player please - I've just uninvited his RP 'contributions'))

Obviously unwilling to speak or to cooperate in a 'civilized' manner, Krull smiles and kicks the elf in the sides, causing him to run away into the bushes...crying.

Krulll then turns to his companions, the Orc Turga, and the Norodaj warrior.

"Dank Joo, but dere are udder dangers here dan stupid elffies and Goblins." Krull looks at them and says, "Dere is a mage there I think we need to gets rid of." Krull looks concerned and says, "They plan to attacks Trollsbane, and nub stop dere."

He's not sure how they will react, if they'll help him or let TrollsBane burn.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Turga grins sadisticly as the elf flees into the bushes crying then listens with a raised brow to Krulls words before he speaks.

magie wanna smash da oomin taown..? meh hab lodda dings in der he ponders for a moment weighing the maces in his hands Da orcs ob da northern mountain beh allais to da oomin taown, so we 'hab' to 'elp, yeh?

Turga then rests the maces on his own shoulder so, wer da magie beh? wer we go look to smash dey fais?

He grins a bit looking from Krull to the norodaj, his black and tired eyes seems to have a spark of excitement in them.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

"why am I doing this?" Bregash thought as he wearily trudged alongside his companion Meegog. As they entered the woods, they looked about as if something may be there. "Maybe it's more wolves" Bregash whispered.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you wolf-eater" Meegog answered in disgust. "You wouldn't share this one either, huh?" Bregash shrugged as they entered a clearing, in which two Orcs and a Human were talking.

They suddenly stopped, fear gripping them more than their empty stomachs. Suddenly, Meegog drops his spear and runs back the way they came, leaving Bregash to face the intruders alone. "Aww...why me?" He quickly thought as he gripped his spear tightly.

With a sigh, he yells in Goblin "Gnak Gash Bree!" and charges the intruders in the clearing.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Agrimur was not half as fast going to help Trolls Bane as Kurga was. Nordmarks and Banes history did not make them to close friends, actually it made them foes. But on the other side he disliked mages even more than he disliked that rathole Bane. At least in Bane there was a tavern with almost good beer... and most of the time you could learn many things there.
Having that beer in the goblins' hands... thanks, no.

"I am not helping ye ter keep Bane safe. But I'll help ye get this mage killed, aye. You two have me bow, though I'll not come in ter help in the close comba'. If I get killed my Jarl is very angry with me." He grinned at his own last words, then turned around frowning. "Lets hope tha' tha' stupid elves narrow escape or the crashing branch didn' alarm all the gobbers. Although they are plenty of fun usually, we don't need them ter..."

"Gnak Gash Bree!" The end of his warning was already too late. Luckily the young Nordman was still holding his bow and arrow, that he did not use earlier, in his hands. Now was the time to make use of them. Although he was not so good in close combat, he had always been a good hunter. Hitting a moving target was something he needed to survive everyday...
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Turga nods to the norodajs words then oomin taown beh rat hole, dat beh tru. bud, meh nub wanna go all da wai ap north to hab biir he shrugs with a slight smile.

His head snaps towards the goblin as it cries and charges towards them smash yuu fais! Turga shouts then charges towards the goblin. They connect with a loud "clang" as the goblins spear blocks Turgas maces bearing down on him, the goblin rolls between Turgas legs then lashes out at his exposed back. With an angry snarl Turga spins around, the goblins spear cuts him across his left side giving him a superficial wound. Turgas mace flies at the goblins head and connects with a thud sending the goblin stumbling to the left. Turga takes one step forward keeping his right leg behind him and his left leg infront of him, he puts all his weight on his left leg then rocks back once in a circulare movement. His maces held above his head as he rocks back then his maces bears down on the goblin with speed.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Krull listens to his companions when suddenly he sees two goblins enter the clearing and one runs away. Then he hears "Gnak Gash Bree!" as the other one charges them. What of the other one though? He could raise the alarm. As Turga meets the goblin in battle, Krull rushes to the trees chasing after that other goblin.

Once into the trees, he stops and looks at the ground. There are sets of deep impressions leading away from the clearing, which he follows. The ground then turns to rock, and he looks around. A broken twig gives the location and he follows that way. Next he begins to get a smell of sweaty goblin in his nose. He follows that until he can see the goblin.

The goblin looks over his shoulder and screams as his little legs try to run faster. Krull is close enough now, he decides to tackle the goblin to silence him.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Bregash:
He charges towards them and one of the Orcs shouts then charges towards the goblin. They connect with a loud "clang" as the his spear blocks the Orc's maces bearing down on him. He then rolls between the Orc's legs then lashes out at his exposed back. With an angry snarl the Orc spins around, the goblins spear cuts him across his left side giving him a superficial wound. "Weee!" Bregash says in delight. The Orc's mace flies at the goblins head and connects with a thud sending him stumbling to the left. "Ow!" says Bregash.

The Orc takes one step forward keeping his right leg behind him and his left leg infront of him, he puts all his weight on his left leg then rocks back once in a circular movement. His maces held above his head as he rocks back then his maces bears down on Bregash with speed.

The Maces connect with Bregash's chestplate, knocking the breath out of him "Whoosh", and then a deep inhale as Bregash tries to regain his consciousness. He backs away from the Orc toward a tree, and clutches his spear again as the Orc adavances. Bregash thrusts the spear toward the Orc, completely forgetting about the Human and the other Orc.

Meegog:
Blindly running through the trees, Meegog is running. He looks over his shoulder occasionally to see if anyone is following, but this last time, he sees an Orc and screams. He tries to run faster, but he's so tired.

"Ummffhh" Meegog suddenly says as he is tackled to the ground. He begins to claw and scratch at the Orc, tumbling with the big guy as best as he can. The Orc wrestles bravely, but not as well as a goblin. Meegog's had a lot of practice with Bregash.

Scratching and clawing, Meegog finally slips out of the Orc's grasp and tries to run faster.

Frigg & Gabby:
Frigg had been out hunting for herbs when he heard the scream. Grabbing his bow, he decided to return to the ruins before Harkan beat him for being late. He climbed the hill and saw Harkan and a stranger standing there.

"Frigg!" Harkan says. "Did you hear that?" as Frigg nods yes. Harkan orders "Wake up Gabby and go assist them"

Gabby was asleep this shift after spending the night dancing to the drums. Frigg went to wake her up and she shifted under her fur. "Wha..." she said. "Wake up, we got trouble" Frigg said. Nodding, Gabby got up, and put on her leather armor and followed Frigg to the edge of the ruins.

Together they climbed down the hill toward the forest.

Harkan & Vulture:
He was standing with vulture as he heard the scream, and then Frigg returning from his patrol. "Lazy good-for-nothing" Harkan thought, "But he's a good warrior"

"Frigg!" Harkan says. "Did you hear that?" as Frigg nods yes. Harkan orders "Wake up Gabby and go assist them"

As Frigg wakes up Gabby, his guest "Vulture" nods at him and says "I should go...you can handle this" Harkan responds with, "You'll be safer here for the moment." Then "Let my goblins check out the woods before you go."

The stranger nods and puts a small box down and opens it with a brass key. He places the map inside and locks it. He places the box into a bag and gives Harkan the key. "Just in case" he says.

They watch silently, as Frigg and Gabby exit the ruins and make their way down the hill.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

The Norodaj was already ready to shoot, but the two orcs did not seem to think about this when they both rushed towards the goblins, making it impossible for him to aim at the smaller opponents. Cursing, Agrimur stood there, but when he saw Krull chasing the running goblin, he decided this was a better target than the already fighting one. He chased after them, his agile legs making him stride forward like a deer being hunted. Still he carried bow and one arrow, able to shoot as soon as he stopped in his rush.

Although the orc seemed to be a fast runner, the slim young man was faster, sprinting forward, overtaking in the very moment the goblin escaped the orcs grib. Asgrimur did not think. He stood, drew his bow, aiming and shooting was one single movement. Confident he staid where he was, knowing the goblin needed even more than a narrow escape to get away from the arrow pointing exactly at the middle of his back.