Reward & Conversation on the Northern Steppe

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karfang

Reward & Conversation on the Northern Steppe

Post by Karfang »

~Transcribed in the common tongue, a notice is posted in the towns of Gobaith~

• ~Reward~
        • 10 Silvers

Upon news and rescue of each Orc survivor of the Merchantmen
"Seawolf", "Phoenix" and "Orca", Recently lost along the
North coast of Gobaith in the Great Storm last dwarven month.

For payment and details, please contact Khan Krull Karfang in TrollsBane.

Last edited by Karfang on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Rhianna comes closer after her husband called her name and reads the words of the speaking paper to him.

They exchange short looks and Rhianna points on the names of the ships.

"Might they have been Norodaj wolfboats? Perhaps we also should watch our coasts..."
Vigalf nods sharply, ordering some of their hunters to search the coastline of Nordmark.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Journeying all night through the north woods, Krull comes upon the great Northern Steppes, infested by bandits and Goblins.

He sets down his supplies and begis to cut some trees. Taking a few hours, he finally stakes the limbs into the ground, ties cross timers around a circular frame. Next, he cuts grasses and bundles them together like Straw, and places them around and on top of the "Yurt", mounting his Clan flag atop its zenith.
When he done, he looks at the structure, and climbs inside to rest before hunting again. Thoughts always on the members of his lost clan, he hopes to find traces of them here in the North while interogating Goblins. Ahh, what a glorious hunt we'll have! With those thoughts, he prays to Lord Malachin for the safe return of his friends and companions.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

The sun rises slowly from the cold, distant waters, casting a reddish light over the forest and fields of the northen part of the island.

Rogruk, a massive orc warrior of the old traditions, steps heavly, each of his feet thrumping the ground with force, encumbeled by his large frame. A few bloodied goblin heads dangle freely at his belt, clearly the result of a fresh hunt. With every step, blood is splattered across the orc's leg, drops forming and pouring all across his side.

The orc stops for a few moments, breathing in and out, obviously exausted from a full night of hunting. He lifts his gaze up, sniffs the air, looking in the distance at the still visible stars and lets out a fatigued breath of air, a sigh of insatisfaction. What could possibly be on this orc's mind, that not even a good hunt can't appease, none could tell if one would see him in these moments, but the shade of a heavy burden is intelligibly resting on his shoulders.

Rogruk lowers his sight and as the glimmer of a distant fire catches his eye, he starts walking in that direction until the remote shade starts taking contur and transforms into the large tent that his eyes now gaze upon. He approaches it slowly, but confidet of his every step, obviously his nose giving him the hint of another's orc presence.

"Wod a bruddah share his fire with anudah brudah?" his voice thunders into the silent dawn in a loud, grunted orcish, while his head tilts from side to side, trying to scout the surroundings.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

The circular tent is simple, silhouetted by the night sky, it has no markings upon it save a single flag fluttering in the breeze. A few trinkets of leather, fish, armor, maces and simple swords lie against the wall, obviously gained in the hunt.

Greebas bruddah! The orc says in common, sitting by the fire roasting some fresh fish. He is dressed in a simple white robe with the image of a black wolf upon his chest. Judgeing from the grey in his hair, he appears to be middle aged, muscular and well built for combat.

Hungry? He asks.

As you nod, the Orc raises a frying pan of freshly roasted fish, seasoned in spices and hands it to you. He then hands you a few baked rolls as well. You notice he also has some apple pie for dessert sitting on a rock by the fire.

Meh Khan Krull Karfang, who are joo bruddah?
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Takes the pan from the orc's hands, lifting it in front of his nose, giving it a deep sniff. He passes the pan back, wrinkring his nose in disgust.

"Nub danks bruddah, me fix me own meal. Fish bad fur warrior diet!", Rogruk says, pulling himself up on his feet, then reacahing ifor his bag with both hands. He unwraps the bag, opening the ropes that bind it toghether, taking the heavy load outside, slamming it to the ground. As he does so, the air fills with a deep stench of dried blood, comming from the headless, young goublin's carcass, that now rests into the fresh grass. He puts a foot on it, holding it in place, while with one hand, lifting a sharp axe high above his head and bringing it down with speed, starts splitting the body in small pieces. He grabs a handfull of the now clean meat, carefully arranging the pieces in stakes, arround the fire.

"Ugh, me remembur dat name.. You is da one dat write on walls dat Fatha evil be?" Rogruk says, as he runs a palm over his sweaty bald head, the light from the living flame reflecting off it in an akward way.
"Me be Warlord Rogruk, nice meet, yub", he grunts, offering the orc a piece of fried meat at the end of a sharp stick.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

The other Orc looks disgusted, but politely declines the stick of meat offered, but says Pleased to meet joo, Warlord Rogruk, Chief ob da Northern Mountains.

Krull sighs, then says:
Meh nub write dat Father was evil, but his children beh. Orcs worship many Gods, and weh need all ob dem to live, Krull says.

Da Father was a mighty God, most beautiful ob dem all once before sacrifice self, now he beh like da others. Joo worship Him, and meh respect dat but meh disagree wid Orc heritage here. Meh worship Malachin, like some Orcs worship Oldra or even Cherga. Dere is no shame in this.

We look same, but underneath, all Orcs different. Joo come to meh camp carrying Goblin heads, meh prefers to just defeat dem and interrogate dem for informations and dey live to fight laters. Weh disagree on many dings meh dinks, and weh may never agree. Pity.

My Clan on da mainland were peaceful wid Oomies, and work hard in battle as well as in fields, baking Breads and Goods for trades. Meh nub see dis here, joor Clan seems to want to smash, yet Oldra teaches to create too. Where is dis tradition here? Tell meh where is tradition of creating, crafting and building?
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Rogruk takes a large bite out of a piece of meat, chewing loudly before finnaly gulping it with greed. He uncorks a leather flask and politely offers it to the orc in front of himself.

"Drink brudah, orc mead be good fur warrior, keep spirt altert.", the orc grunts, fixing his eyes onto the other.

Rogruk, a mighty warrior, an imposing stature that would reseamble a collosus rather than a living being. His muscly figure which seems to have been bred speacially and for nothing else than battle, supports his heavy frame, ripped and hardened in the fires of war.
Everything about him suggests a brute, a savage, but to the keen eye, a deep sense of honor and noblese orbitate him, as a majestic mist onto a wild, unexplored mountain.

Brudah, there is no shame in praying to other gods, they is there fur us, da living beings and we must respect every one of dem, cus we is nubding, they is everything. Shame is, brudah, in forgetting our legacy, in forgetting that the one that gave us life, deserves only our upmost loyality.

Fathar, once the champion of the gods, the one that saved this world of da demon plague, was casted away when he sick got, but are we as the others, ungrateful and arrogant? Nub, we is orcs! we is built in Father's fires and we nevah should leave his side, especially when Fathar casted away like everyone.

Brudah, me nub know where yoos come from, but maybe thaar, times been good to your clan, and you allowed to prosper was. Here, we live in continous struggle, humins never seen us for more than animals and always treated us like same. But we rose bruddah, yub, we rose. Now all know that we deserve respect, even if we had to ask for it through the strenght of our arms.

Dun be so hasty in judjing us, bruddah, cus you nub been here in da times of strife. True is that now orcs gained respect, but like me said, that wus only through our work, no one ever gave us anything for nothing and none evah wills, but fear not, da Horde is rising, we are prospering... Orcs can finally have good life, even though, history have thought us, never to trust anyone but our kin, unless trust is worked for, like we worked for everything that we have.
Remember bruddah, trust is nub a right, it is a priviledge.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

The other Orc accepts the flask and listens carefully, nodding slightly as Rogruk speaks. There seems to be an intelligence behind his eyes, wisdom seen by strife, yet unknown peace too.

Brudah, as da Flower needs da Bee, meh thinks Orcs need battle and strife. It keeps us strong and gives character. Whether weh allow dis to define us as a race beh up to own Orcs, but for meh and mine, meh choose to show Oomies gud sides of Orcs.

Who else can bring in da meat from the hunt? Who else can eat raw rabbits? Who else can plows da fields and brings in Nature's Bounty? Who else can gut and cut bloody innards into thread for others to use?

As the River feeds the Sea, weh need to show dis gud side of Orc traditions. Weh beh fighters, yub, but also shepherds, hunters, gatherers and nomads, living off the land. Respect is two edge sword, it must beh given as well, as weh give respect to the land, so should weh also respect all things living on it.

Joor parchments at da cave is full of War, strife and blood ritual. Meh seen enuf. Meh nub understand why joor Clan need smash dings all time and serve darker side ob Orc traditions. Dere is so much Gud to Orc tradition too.

Krull stops a moment, sighs, then awaits a response from Rogruk.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Rogruk listens carefully to the orc's words, nodding lightly, his massive arms folding one over the other on his chest. The cooked meat emanates a pleasant aroma in the air by now, the flames dancing cheerfuly onto it.

"Do not jusdge us just yet, bruddah", the orc repeats himself, poking the fire with the tip of a long wooden stake that he has carved earlier.

Yuh, it true be that in the recent past the orcs only knew war, but we neveh go searching for it, it always found us. Look at the stumps.. they provoked us numerous times before we decided to take their words and actions back at their gates and we won, because Father was on our side.

We live off the land, we are hunters and gatherers, but we must never forget that fire runs through our veins.. if we decide to ignore it, that fire will dissapear, never to return again.. as a blade would rust, become dull, and break, if you do not tend to it.

We respect life, but each living being has it's purpose and all are part of the great circle.. where one dies, others are born. No matter how you look at it, no matter how you would try and dress the world to seem better, it is not... the world is savage, and only the fittest can survive.. this be the natural circle of things, this is how the world has been and will always be.

You ask why we do not worship other gods as well? As me said, the tribe has gone through continous strife, only with the old, orcish traditions, we could have survived. The Father makes us strong, both in arms and in spirit, and his Messenger, the First Orc, looks after us. Yes, not once, the First Orc, the one that Father first forged with his own hands, appeared to us and guided us with his wisdom in times of need.

Our tribe is not full of mad orcs, we do not seek war unless it seeks us first, as it always happened. We seek to prosper and have a good life, as any other living being would, but we choose to rely in our own forces for it, humans or any others, only brought us greef and madness.

We honor Father for holding us in his arms and guilding us to a better life, we honor our Ancestors, those that have lived and died for the Clan and we honor Cherga for allowing them passage into Father's garden. That is how the Clan has always survived. I understand that your mainland Clan had easy times of peace, time to prosper, but we had not such luck and this is why I was glad when I heard your name, now.. if us orcs do not stick toghether, if we each follow a different path, rather than a colective one, we are doomed to die alone.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Krull listenes to Rogruk's words, nodding slightly as he goes on. When Rogruk finishes, Krull stares at the fire a few moment, then takes a swig from the wine flask. As he drinks, he thinks a moment. Then says,

Joor words speak true and touch deep bruddah.

He hands the wine flask back and hesitates another moment before saying,

Perhaps meh misjudge Clan too quick. Udder clans on Mainland nub so lucky and always at war too. It is way dey handle peace that makes dem evil or gud, and if joor clan never had peace, who knows? All meh read on Clan walls was death and war, never peace.

Breathes in and exhales loudly,

Very well, joo are wise and honorable Orc. Meh appreciate joor words this night.

Thinks a moment, nods and says some more,

If a lone wolf, points to himself will be allowed to join da pack, points to you dere must be some adjustments, er...conditions so lone wolf feels welcome and becomes loyal to pack for good ob Clan.

Firstly, about 'Gods'. Meh want to see services to Oldra in Spring, Da Father in Summer, Malachin in Fall and Cherga in winter as tradition dictates. Services to other Gods besides da Father has been lacking. Meh can even help shaman wid dis.

Secondly, about 'others'. Since meh understand Oomies and gets along wid dem, meh wishes to beh Clan 'Ambassador' to Trollsbane. Meh can represent clan wid patience and clear thinking when other younger Orcs cannot. When dey get in trouble dere, meh wish to help and get dem from jail or punishment. Meh can do dat me thinks.

Thirdly, about 'mehself'. Meh wants to beh listed as 'White Skull' for my skill wid Blade and crafts. A 'Khan' can accept no less. I hab always been a noble and the skull system joo hab is nobility for Orcs. Later meh can advance to Silver, Red and even Black skull in time wid service to Clan.

If joo agree to these three simple dings, den meh can accept joining clan.

Weh also talk about chief's wishes about Knighthood ob Gobaith. Dey gud group who serves all critters in Gobaith, even Orcs. Meh swore oath, but will consider Chief's wishes on dat subject and not make condition.

Krull looks at Rogruk, waiting for a response.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Rogruk takes back his fask and empties it down his throat in one big swig. He finishes eating the last pieces of meat, wiping his mouth in satisfaction with the back of his hand. He looks at the other orc, setteling down, on the panther fur that he has layed before the fire.

As me said, blood is thicker than water, you our bruddah and you are welcome to join us. Rogruk, reaches for his axe as he speaks, holding it in front of himself with one hand and cleaning the blade with a piece of cloth.

Your conditions be honorable and you are right about the other gods, they deserve to be honored as well, when their celebrations come, but da Father must always be honored, no matter the season, for it was He who kept us going all these years. Without Father, we are nothing.

About Ambasador, we wills talk more, but my belif is that now, there is not so much need.. now we need to rebuild, to regrow and prosper within, before we reach outside to others. This will be a long and tiresom journey, but by sticking toghether, we will prevail and will not only regain, but surpass our former glory.

If you is skilled orc indeed, then no problem is for you to get nobility. That is da Father's way and we live by it with honor. Me trust that by your skill you wills bring might to da Horde. May your blade fight amongst us and your arms help us prosper.

About da human knights, you must forgive my scepticism, but I preffere that we keep everything to ourselfs for now.. Da Clan needs all able hands that it can get and a battle of interests would not be good for any. Me understand that you took oath, but if human honorable be, will understand and release you of it.
Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Krull nods as Rogruk speaks, eyebrows furrowing when he discusses about ambassador, but continues to nod as he goes on. When Rogruk finishes, Krull says,

Den weh are agreed. Firstly, weh shall honor da all the Gods when they need worshippin', but Father most ob all. Weh are His children and weh needs to respect him as creator ob us all.

Secondly, we talk later of ambassador, meh understands and mehbe weh needs it later as joo say. Perhaps in meanwhile sum other service to bruddahs and sisters such as Counselor, Quartermaster or even Jailmaster. Meh always serve others in Clan as leader and needs sum way to continue service.

Lastly, weh shall test meh in morning, and see whub my skill is. Joo mighty Warlord and can test meh. If gud enuf, weh can talk on white skull status. Meh feels gud enuf to beh considered for honor, but meh understands need to test and find out meh loyalty. Joo hab no reason to trust yet, but meh gib no reason not to. Weh see in morning.

For now, please share da camp tonights. Weh can spar in morning. Gud nights mighty Warlord, Chief ob Orcs ob Northern Mountains.

((We'll meet IG to spar.))

With that, Krull stands up, bows to Rogruk, and turns to enter the tent for the night.
A nights breeze is beginning to blow, clounds race across the moon in the sky. Some howls of wolves are heard to the south, and a rythmic Goblin drumming from the west. Otherwise, the Northern Steppe is quiet, awaiting the break of Day, and the promise of a new hunt.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Rogruk carefully ties his panther fur arround his shoulders, probably because of the cold night wind. He stands on his two feet, sheats his weapons and salutes the other orc by drumming his large chest with his fists.

Danks brudah, but me preffere to return to the mountain, there be lots ob work to do. Me wills rest more when me dead be! the orc says, letting out a short chuckle, his long sharp teeth clanking against eachother.

Come meet with me when sun ready to set again, this day, at Sand Town teleporter and me can show you Holy Mountain and test your might! If you can nub come, then we meet at orc meetin directly.

Rogruk reaches for his bag and after taking out a torch, he lits it by leaning it against the flames. He bows his square, bald head to his new friend and leaves the camp slowly, only the light from the torch being visible in the distance, soon turning in just a small spark and eventually dissapearing compleatly.