The Falcon

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ayla

The Falcon

Post by Ayla »

(( Open only to those very closely involved with Ayla. You know who you are. ))

The wind in the trees, rustling the pale green leaves that clung to the branches and the soft, steady roar of each cresting tide was all that gave sound to the surroundings. In the far distance, the cry of sea birds reverberated through the inland forests of Tol Vanima. It was a clear day, the breeze fresh and heavy with the scent of ocean salts. There was not a single cloud to mar the endless blue of the sky, which melded perfectly to the darker horizon of the stretching ocean.

A large white bird, far larger than any of the doves or gulls that inhabited the island and looking much like an elegant but oversized falcon came to perch on one of the trees bordering the sands of the shoreline. It folded its great wings slowly to its body, its intelligent eyes locked on something as it cocked its head aside. Moments passed before a shrill and eerie cry reverberated from it, its wings flaring but not taking it back into flight. Instead, it settled again, vivid yellow eyes settling on the figure settled in the sand.

Stretched out in the sand of the shoreline, the water of each rolling tide slipping around her then pulling away, was none other than a white-haired elfess. Her face was once known well among the lands of Gobaith, perhaps still known to the select few. She was clothed in a slim white dress, something she had favored recently. Across her stomach rested a bow carved of equally pale wood, runes carved elegantly and carefully along it. The bowstring was frayed though, and despite the fact that it was merely a bow, as it rested against her, it looked lifeless. As if it should be shifting and moving, yet it was not. Much the same as the unnervingly still form of the elfess. Though she was layed out comfortably, as if she had settled amongst the sand to rest, her skin was jut a bit too pale. Her eyes unmoving beneath her closed lids. And her lips were colorless, rather than the healthy and soft pink they should have been. Her chest did not rise and fall with each breath, for she was not breathing.

Nor was her heart, deep within her chest, beating. The one slender hand that was curled ever so gently about the bow against her stomach did not move or twitch with natural restlessness and the hand that laid against her side was moved too easily by the water surrounding her. The large bird gave another, quieter cry before taking flight, easing itself down beside the elfess' lifeless body. It landed without imprint in the sand beside her arm, its head tucking towards its chest. Then it reached forward, gently nipping at the shoulder of the elfess' dress, pulling it back fractionally, just enough to reveal a horrid blackened scar above her left breast, where her heart would lie beneath. Veins of black shattered down from the burn, but stopped just where the hem of her dress began. As if granting her the decency to hide it.

The bird shifted around, hopping with surprising elegance to the elfess' other side, its beak finding the pouch along her belt. Tugging it open, it reached a taloned foot forward to clasp the small roll of parchment tucked in the pouch's folds. Then in an instant, the white falcon took flight once more, screaming its eerie cry as it found the thermals leading inland. Sliding around the pillars of Tol Vanima's great hall, it took one turn before dropping the parchment atop the altar. As the parchment fell open, it revealed a carefully written note.

It is time I made the true decision for a change. It is time I do something
of meaning, no matter what it may cost me in the end. My life is yours,
all of you. My breath is yours, so that you may breathe easier. Should
you see this, know that what I have given and sacrificed was what I
would have willed, regardless of what any of you may have told me.

Look after my child, for I shall no longer be able to in the physical form.
Love her, as I loved her. Guide her, as I wish I were able to. And do not
let her see you mourn, any of you.

I shall be with you, those who I love and love me in return. Know me in
the warm winds that Lady Findari has blessed me. And keep the winds at
your back, for there they will aid you.
Ayla To'lorn

It was decidedly left out, the mention of where she may be found or what may have happened to her. But the falcon circled around once more before settling on one of the many hedges around, tucking its wings tight to its body as it took to waiting patiently. Its eyes watched those that paused upon seeing the letter, seeming to gauge their every reaction in turn. But still, it did not move. Not yet.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Something was different to the days before as Shenandrea woke up. Quietly she stood up from the bed, covering the man sleeping at her side with the blanket again before turning to the two cribs standing at the foot-end of their bed. A smile crossed her face seeing both of her children still sleeping peacefully.

Quietly she walked out of the room and upstairs where she turned to her depot, shuffling through all the items inside of it, as if searching for something. The first thing that came into her sight was a white purse. Taking the purse into her hands a soft smile crossed her face remembering the occasion she wore the circlet hidden inside . Carefully she opens the purse and as her hand caressing over the fine-crafted metal a chill runs down her spine at a change of tension in the air. Instantly she gazed around the familiar surroundings, to find everything in the great hall as it has ever been.
She set the white purse back into her depot before raising and moving towards the small bridge leading outside to the small creek. She was just about to kneel down at the edge of the small creek as she heard the eerie scream. A scream she has never encountered before. Her heart stopped beating for a moment at the sorrow lingering in this scream, only to pick up beating in a more faster pace than before.

Rooted to the spot a shiver runs down her spine once more before she shakes off her freezing and runs into back into the great hall back towards the ladder which leads downstairs to the basement. Before climbing the ladder down she catches a glimpse of the huge white bird sitting statuesque like on one of the hedges. She had never seen such a beautiful coloring and size on a falcon before and the birds statuesque like being caught her interest. She decided to turn around and walking along the way by the hedges towards where the falcon sits.

Standing almost at his side a small breeze whiffed through the great hall, moving something on the Altar which hasn't been there the evening before. Reaching the Altar Shenandrea recognized the handwriting before she was able to read over what was written on the letter. She only mouthed the words
„Something's wrong, badly wrong. It's none of her habits to leave a note, not on the Altar.“ but it felt like she spoke the words aloud.

Reading the letter for the first time, her face fell blank and everything inside her raged rebellious against the written words, which haven't completely sunk in yet. As they did her face is marked with sorrow and tears began to drop down her cheeks onto the marble floor
. „No, no, no!“ she mourned, gazing around looking for any hint or sign which could lead her towards the other elfess.