New Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Etherim Mingil

New Troll's Bane

Post by Etherim Mingil »

On this day, the 23rd of Tanos, due to the disappearance of the nobles of Troll's Bane, a temporary commitee formed of Jonathan Cain, Phibol D'Woise, and Etherim Mingil was created. It was decided to form a new government for the town of Troll's Bane, consisting of a small council of three, elected by the citizens, from the citizen base. Nominations will be taken for three dwarven days hence, to be sent to Jonathan Cain, Phibol D'Woise, or Etherim Mingil. Elections will be held in a dwarven week. An Alderman will then be elected by the small council to rule. All current citizens of Troll's Bane are still citizens, and any who wish to become such, are welcome.

Etherim Mingil
Phibol D'Woise
Jonathan Cain

((Forum accounts: Phibol = Phib, Etherim = Etherim Mingil, Jonathan = ltgmkay))
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Why is it that we should abide by and accept that these three be responsible for the elections?

I trust neither of all and am sure many share my opinion.

- Blake Thorn
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

Then I would say you are welcome to nominate someone else to handle the elections, however, I assure you, all proceedings will be handled honestly.

~Etherim Mingil
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I nominate Artimer.

- Blake Thorn
Phib

Post by Phib »

Blake,
You are more than welcome to voice your opinion and nominate yourself or anyone else you trust. Us three are just temporary until the elections, and to sooth your troubled mind I have no intention to run for council. I am a lowly miner looking for some good in this town.

Phibol
Phib

Post by Phib »

MoonDust wrote:I nominate Artimer.

- Blake Thorn

Artimer will be contacted. Your voice has been heard.

Phibol
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

I would like to point out, Blake, you are not currently listed as a citizen. If you wish to become one, you are welcome to it, so long as you cause no trouble.

~Etherim Mingil
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

If I must be involved then I would like to say that I am not in favor any more of a council form of ruling. Nothing gets done, and these things should be brought up by anyone and not just by three people. Atleast not currently am I for a council rule. Also.. not all the nobles are gone. There is Frederick and Cromwell.

That being said I would like to run for governor/duke (should the system remain). I have many ideas that I think would be good for the town, but if the town does choose to have a council then I wish to be a part of that as well.

Artimer.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Etherim Mingil wrote:I would like to point out, Blake, you are not currently listed as a citizen. If you wish to become one, you are welcome to it, so long as you cause no trouble.

~Etherim Mingil
You're not the one that grants approval to who can or can't be a citizen of Bane. I've lived in that town much longer than you have, regardless of if my name is on the list or not, I still have a say in the matter.

I believe Artimer should be given authority of the town until new nominations are done. He's been there and active longer than any of us and for all I know is the only one who's always been the most neutral.

- Blake Thorn
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

This may be so, but we did not decide this on our own, nor will we, in the end. We will discuss this later, as the other two that were decided to be on the temporary committee are asleep.

~Etherim Mingil
Julia

Post by Julia »

Volk von Troll's Bane,

es scheint nun, daß sich die schweren Zeiten für diese Stadt ihrem Ende entgegen neigen, doch es muss eine Entscheidung getroffen werden, wie es weiter gehen soll. Es gibt einige Möglichkeiten und keine bietet Sicherheit für eine gute Zukunft.

Zum einen gibt es noch immer die verbliebenen Adligen der Stadt Troll's Bane. Edward Cromwell, Frederick Hawkmoon und Liam Heneghan als deren aktive und noch im Amt befindliche Vertreter. Nach wie vor werden diese Adligen Willens sein die Stadt und sein Volk auf Ihre nun langsam bekannte Art weiterzuführen.

Zum Anderen gibt es jene, die sich hinter toten Tieren verstecken, die an irgendwelche Türen gehängt werden. Wer immer sie dahinter verbirgt hat sich bis jetzt nicht offen gezeigt.

Außerdem gibt es Etherim Mingil, Phibol D'Woise und Jonathan Cain, welche sich selbst zu einem vorübergehenden Rat bestimmt haben, der entscheiden soll wie es mit Troll's Bane weiter geht. Da die Notizen dazu nur in der neuen Sprache vorliegen, nehme ich mir die Freiheit heraus diese zu übersetzen, damit alle sich eine Meinung dazu bilden können.
  • An diesem Tag, dem dreiundzwanzigsten des Tanos, wurde auf Grund des Verschwinden der Adligen von Troll's Bane ein vorübergehender Rat eingerichtet der durch Jonathan Cain, Phibol D'Woise und Etherim Mingil gebildet wird. Es wurde beschlossen das eine neue Form der Regierung von Troll's Bane aufgebaut wird, bestehend aus einem kleinen Rat von drei Leuten aus der Bevölkerung von Troll's Bane die durch die Bürger von Troll's Bane gewählt werden. Nominierungen werden in den nächsten drei Zwergen-Tagen angenommen und sollten an Jonathan Cain, Phibol D'Woise oder Etherim Mingil gesendet werden. Die Wahl wird dann in einer Zwergen-Woche abgehalten. Von diesen drei Ratsmitgliedern wird ein Ratsherr gewählt der diesen kleinen Rat anführen wird. Alle die im Augenblick Bürger sind, sind dies noch immer und alle die Bürger werden wollen sind willkommen.
Für diese Wahl nominiert wurde bis jetzt nur Artimer Fault öffentlich durch die Stimme von Blake Thorn. Allerdings betonte Artimer Fault, daß er gegen die vorgeschlagene Regierungsform ist, sich aber mit jeder Form der Regierung die ausgewählt wird arrangieren wird.

Als weitere Alternative kann ich mich selbst anbieten. Ähnlich wie Artimer Fault unterstütze ich die Regierungsform, die durch den selbst ernannten Rat vorgeschlagen wurde, nicht und ich bin auch nicht bereit einer Regierung dieser Form anzugehören. Ich vertrete die Ansicht, daß in dieser schwierigen Zeit die Stadt von einer Person geführt werden muss, die bereit ist die Entscheidungen zu treffen, die in einem Rat nur zu Tode diskutiert werden. Solange bis die Stadt wieder zu dem geworden ist, was sie verdient zu sein, eine sichere Zuflucht und eine respektierte Macht auf der Insel, ist das der einzige Weg den ich sehe. Sollte das Volk von Troll's Bane mir das Vertrauen aussprechen, wird das mehrere Folgen haben. Zum Ersten wird damit das Ende des Großherzogtums Troll's Bane eingeleitet, da ich der Ansicht bin, daß es in Troll's Bane im Augenblick keinen Platz für derart überzogene Titel gibt. Ebenso wird die Regierungsform in der bestehenden Form, mit der Aufteilung von Troll's Bane in Bezirke enden. Die neue Regierung unter meiner Führung wird, mit meiner Person an der Spitze, noch Platz bieten für viele deren Interesse es ist dieser Stadt zu helfen, doch niemals für jene die der Stadt oder ihrer Bevölkerung jetzt oder in der Vergangenheit Schaden zugefügt haben, Schaden der niemals vergessen wird.

Ein jeder der noch Fragen hat zu meinem Geschriebenen, der möge eine Taube an mich senden, damit jede Unsicherheit, die in den letzten Monaten die Stadt prägten, endlich ausgeräumt werden, soweit ich das vermag und alle die in dieser Stadt leben einer besseren Zukunft entgegen sehen können.

Geralt Devan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizens of Troll's Bane,

now finally it seems the hard times in Troll's Bane are getting to an end. How ever its now needed that a decision is made how the things shall go on in the town. There are a few options and none of those offer full security for a good future.

At one hand there are still the left nobles of Troll's Bane. Edward Cromwell, Frederick Hawkmoon and Liam Heneghan as only active nobles that are still in charge. This nobles are still willing to lead the town and the folk of Troll's Bane further in the known way everyone is used to.

On the other hand there are those who hide behind dead animals that are attached at some doors. Who ever is behind this animals did not show himself yet.

Furthermore there are Etherim Mingil, Phibol D'Woise and Jonathan Cain who appointed themselves to a temporary council that is allowed to decide how the things will go on in Troll's Bane. Since they wrote their things only the the new language, I will translate it so everyone can find his own opinion about this.
  • I translated the introducing writing in the old language, but I will spare writing it again here since the original is already in the new language.
For this voting there was only Artimer Fault nominated public by Blake Thorn. But Artimer Fault made clear that he is against the proposed way of leading Troll's Bane but he would arrange himself with every form of the government that is chosen.

As further alternative I can offer myself. Similar to Artimer Fault I'm not supporting the kind of government structure that was proposed by the self-appointed council and I'm not willing to support a government with this structure. I think in this difficult times the town needs a leader who is willing to decide about the needed things instead of discussing them endless without and results. And that's needed as long as this town is not what it deserves to be, a town that is save and respected on the island. In case the citizens allow me to lead this town this will have many results. First of, it will be the end of the grand duchy of the town Troll's Bane, since I things in Troll's Bane is no space for such overdone titles that serve no purpose. Along with this the current kind of government and the splitting of Troll's Bane in districts will end. How ever the government will have space and work for those who still care for this town and want to help it, but there is never space for those who caused now
or in the past trouble for the citizens, trouble that won't be forgotten.

In case there are questions to the things I wrote, feel free to write me a dove so I can remove all uncertainties, as far as I'm able to.

Geralt Devan
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

As the nobles of Trollsbane have not disappeared (Even Joxia is still around despite her resignation as Archduchess), the point of the first parchment and consequently the entire discussion is moot.

As the consequence of Joxia's resignation, I will temporarily take over her duties. Thus, if you have questions, suggestions or ideas, you should bother me with those.

Lord Cromwell
Jason Felarion

Post by Jason Felarion »

Hail Cromwell, he is the truth! is spreaded over all parchments excepting the parchment of Cromwell
Wannabees aren't needed here. is written beneath.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

HAIL FREDERICK is written in even bigger letters all over the parchments
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

If such is the path Troll's Bane has choosen for itself, so be it.

Artimer.
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

*A quick message is sprawled on the board*

HAIL ARTIMER!

He greatest! No really!
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

Dear Citizen of Trolls Bane,

it is clear, that the old system failed. The town was left in anarchy by the resignation of the guards Captain and the Archduchess. They missed to announce a follower. Mister Cromwell, while I believe that he has some leader qualities, claiming the power for himself yet again does so without any rights and acts against the old law. If I remember correct the Duke is elected by all nobles. Should the nobles decide to maintain the old system, they may do so, but they also left the town without a leader for several days now, not caring.
I for one support the idea of elections. The way of a free city and a civil society. Three to form a council, elected by citizen. One of those three becoming the Alderman, which is roughly the position of a Mayor, elected by those three. There is one person on top, however, his power is controled by the other two.
I therefor nominate Geralt Devan to become member of the council and perhaps Alderman.
However, all citizen should raise their voice here since what the town needs is a broad consensus of what the town should become. It saddens me to see that many want to stay mere servants of a system that betrayed them, though.

signed:
Harok Silversmith

Geehrte Bürger von Trolls Bane,

es ist klar, dass das alte System versagt hat. Die Stadt fiel der Anarchie anheim, nachdem der Captain der Wache und die Archduchess ihre Positionen schlicht aufgegeben haben, ohne Nachfolger zu benennen. Mister Cromwells Vorstoß, auch wenn ich ihm Führungsqualitäten zusprechen muß, die Stadt malwieder unter seine Kontrolle zu bringen, entspricht nicht dem Procedere nach dem alten Gesetz. Wenn mich nicht alles täuscht könnte er die Macht nur übernehmen, wenn er zum Archduke gewählt würde nach dem Regularium der ansässigen Adeligen. Sollten die verbliebenen Adeligen sich einigen können, so soll es eben sein. Doch gebe ich zu bedenken, dass eben jene Adeligen die Stadt der Anarchie preisgaben und sich bis zu der obigen Ankündigung nicht kümmerten.
Ich selbst unterstütze die angestrebten Wahlen. Es ist der Weg freier Bürger einer freien Stadt. Die drei gewählten formen den Rat, einer der drei wird von den anderen beiden zum Alderman, einer Art Bürgermeister, berufen. Es gäbe also eine Person an der Spitze, deren Macht aber von den beiden Ratsmitgliedern kontrolliert werden kann.
Deswegen gebe ich meine Nominierung hier bekannt. Ich schlage mister Geralt Devan vor Mitglied des Rates zu werden.
Wie dem auch sei. Alle Bürger Banes sind geladen, ihre Meinung Kund zu tun, denn was diese Stadt jetzt dringend benötigt ist ein breiter Konsens über das, was aus der Stadt werden soll. Doch muß ich zugeben, dass es mich betrübt, so viele zu sehen, die Knechte eines Systems bleiben wollen, dass sie betrog.

gez:
Harok Silversmith
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

Certainly, we do not seek to impose a government on the people which they do not want or approve of, nor do we wish to exclude anyone. If any would be willing to translate from new to old, we would certainly appreciate it. Our thoughts on this form of government we have proposed, were that it would be fair to the people, as it is elected, and no one person would have absolute power, as there is a council as well. We also aimed to have a small council, for efficiency. Artimer spoke to me of a similar format for the government. The people elect the Alderman, then the Alderman appoints the others, being the Guard Captain, and the Chancellor. The Judge would rotate between citizens, so as to insure fair trials constantly. The people would then put to a vote as to whether or not they approve of the Alderman's choices. In this way, the Alderman could be assured he or she would be working with those he or she could get things done with, and the people would have the assurance that it would be someone they would approve of.

Any suggestions would, of course, be taken, and we would not consider doing anything against the will of the majority of the people.

~Etherim
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Lord Cromwell has my support for his legal, proper and justifiable acceptance of Archduchess Joxia's role.

In Eldan's Name,

Lord Archbishop A. Carthusiana, Ex.
Jason Felarion

Post by Jason Felarion »

An old man passes the board, mumbles something and takes out a small parchment and a piece of coal.

'It's really amazing, everyone think he or she can lead Bane. Nobody can. Bane is still down and nobody can lead this town. Everybody will fail, in the past or in the future, its always a circle, a circle of destruction, violance and pain. The handful shiny days in Bane doesn't turn the town into a peaceful place, if all the other days the shadows are ruling.
Raze Bane, follow the lead of Gobaith. If you all learn the real meaning of your life at Gobaith come back and build a new, better town. Then, yes, maybe then you will have a chance to win.
All other ways you can let Borgate ruling this town, it will make no difference... wait, free beer for all lost and soulless people all the time... alright, he will do it better and Bane dies faster. So why you all wait for the fixed end of Bane and move the responsibility to your childs?

I wish that everyone who tries to rule Bane will not allow that Bane will rule him or her.'

pinns the parchment unsigned on the board and walks off to leave the biggest jail at gobaith called Bane.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I have seen countless parchments thusfar claiming that we are 'self-declared' when really A group of roughly 8 citizens came up with it. Also I for one did not even offer to run, just that I'd accept anything the people wished me to do. Please don't make comments if you don't know what you are saying.

Jonathan Cain
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

Aye, Jonathan. None of the three of us -asked- for this position.

~Etherim
Phib

Post by Phib »

I am in agreement with both Johnathan, and Etherim.

Phibol
Julia

Post by Julia »

Volk von Trollsbane,

nachdem es scheinbar keinerlei Interesse gibt, in Troll's Bane grundlegende Änderungen zu erwirken, habe ich mich entschlossen, daß ich Trollsbane nur noch dienen kann, indem ich der bestehenden Regierung von Troll's Bane beitrete und den mir von Herzog Edward Cromwell angebotenen Posten, als Magistrat von Trollsbane, annehme.

Es wird damit meine Aufgabe den Bezirk Eins von Trollsbane, also die eigentliche Stadt innerhalb der Stadtmauern, zu verwalten.

Öffentlich lege ich hiermit auch den Schwur ab dem Volk von Trollsbane, der Stadt von Trollsbane und der akzeptierten Regierung zu dienen solange ich diesen Posten inne habe.

------------------------------

Citizens of Trollsbane,

after there was as it seemed no interest in changing anything basicially in Troll's Bane, I see the only way to support this city any further in joining the current government of Troll's Bane and accept the position as magistrate of Trollsbane that was offered to me by Edward Cromwell.

It will be my duty to care for the district number one, so the town itself inside the town walls.

Public I swear that I will serve the citizens of Troll's Bane, the city of Troll's Bane and the akzepted government as long as I hold this position.

Geralt Devan
JonathanSmith

Post by JonathanSmith »

Support Geralt Devan! // Unterstützt Geralt Devan!

The last years have shown that the devision of the Trolls Bane district in counties and assign them to some randomly selected people which were assigned the title duke had completetly failed.

Allthough, I will fully support the honoralble and brave man, Geralt Devan, in fullfilling his daily tasks and - hopefully - establishing a new form of government in Trolls Bane.

Respectfully,
John Smith

===

Die letzten Jahre haben gezeigt, dass die Aufteilung der Ländereien um Trolls Bane und die zufällige Zuweisung der Grafschaften an irgendwelche Personen, die dann den Titel Graf bekamen, vollständig gescheitert ist.

Trotzdem biete ich dem ehrenwerten und tapferen Mann, Geralt Devan, meine Untestützung, bei der Bewältigung der täglichen Aufgaben sowie der Bildung einer hoffentlich neuen Form von Regierung in Trolls Bane, an.

Hochachtungsvoll,
John Smith
Saigwin

Post by Saigwin »

Hmm, I am just curious, perhaps someone here could explain this.

As it appears that the last government was overly influenced by either the Temple or some of its followers, why in the name of all that is good, is anything that remains of that governing body supported by those that lived through that hellish period.

The new interim council has brought on a welcome change, the people deciding what they want and not some noble shoving it down their throats.

If Cromwell is not to scared of losing his SUPREME LEADERSHIP as he calls it, let him put his name on a ballot like anyone else. As for this Geralt fellow, the same applies.

Trolls Bane has an opportunity here for real leadership, for the people , by the people. Don't let these so called Nobles fool you. The only claim they have to leading Bane is a population to afraid to stand up to them. The only noble thing about them is their coin purse.

Signed
Saigwin
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Saigwin,

As Archbishop of this City, I have constantly called the actions of the Temple indefensable and dismissed the morality of their members as non-existant. However, this evil has since been removed from our government and purged - under the pure and experienced leadership of Lord Cromwell, Troll's Bane shall be stabilised. Now is NOT the time to shuffle even more...Troll's Bane is a fragile mechanism, and any elections will simply cause problems. Precipitated by the departure of Lord Verdazar and Archduchess Joxia Doral, along with our Captain of the guard, Troll's Bane is in a mess - let one who knows how it should be, our thrice-ruler Lord Cromwell, repair this sorry state of affairs.

In Eldan's Name,

Lord Archbishop Anthony Carthusiana, Ex.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I've seen attempts to convince a populace that taking up the reigns of a capitol city without elections is the best thing to do, but that was really a pathetic try.

You really need to try harder Anthony.

- Blake Thorn
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Didn't Cromwell hire a temple member to be guard captain once? And knowingly made at least 2 temple members nobles of Troll's Bane?

F
Saigwin

Post by Saigwin »

I have just two words to say..or I should say Cromwell had them to say, their meaning is obvious:

Supreme Leader

I think that says it all.

Saigwin