New Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Trollsbane flourished under our leadership.

Indeed our rule led to one of the most prosperous times in its history.

How quickly you fall apart without us.

Chancellor Verdazar
Valione

Post by Valione »

Trollsbane falling apart?... Please...

You are all acting ridiculously. Firstly get rid of Cromwell because he has been latching on to his self proclaimed title for too long, plus he is a temple member. Open your eyes. And get real.

Secondly get rid of that ignoramus Lord Archbishop Anthony Carthusiana, Ex, does anyone really give a crap about anything that man has to say? His nose is so brown for the former governing body, I'm sick of hearing about it.

Thirdly, the town is better off without Joxia and her cronies. Have an election and for once, dare I say, let the people decide. Mind you, noone but a handful seem to really care, or are too ignorant to see past their own noses as to what is really going on.

It's always the same thing.

A government is formed, nothing is done, alot of money is stolen, the government falls apart.

Just forget about any government infact, because history will just repeat itself and noone is ever happy with it. And for the gods sake, don't elect yet another temple member, aye?

~Wouldntyeliketoknow.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

To be honest, Joxia was a formidable Archduchess. Her idea for nobility however was a mistake. I wouldn't mind having Joxia as an Archduchess as long as she's really the one in charge, not her so-called nobles. But now she's gone and that's not an option anymore.

As for the Temple, I know who they are but I've never seen them in action. All I've heard is bad words though, but I won't judge before I see them do anything particularly mischievous. For all I understand, they're a hideout for thieves, bandits and whatnot which isn't such an issue. No one calls Varshikar evil and destroy-worthy do we? Even Trollsbane has its dose of thieves and bandits, I don't see what's so bad about the Temple yet. I guess time will tell.

What I complain about though is the three fellows amongst which Phibol and Edward Cromwell. I'm not claiming either of them would be bad leaders for Troll's Bane, but I disagree with their attempts at seizing leadership with no election whatsoever. Do it fair and square, and you'll have my support. It's clear to me that although he'd like to think otherwise, Edward Cromwell is not the leader of Troll's Bane.

In my opinion, the best leader would be one that fits such criteria:
1. If the Temple means any harm to Bane, even though its members are particularly powerful (they're mostly mages - it's easy to make a mage completely powerless if you know how), then the Leader would have to be willing to risk his life for the citizens. Literally, because the Temple and other political groups would most likely attempt to bring him under their control.

2. He'd have to actually be able to fight and defend himself physically along with having a LOT of friends that would be willing to fight by his side.

3. He should be active in town. He should be seen in town every day.

4. He should generally not be an enemy of any other towns.

5. He should be able to direct and manage the town's issues in creative and efficient ways.

Feel free to add to this list. It's my belief that someone should trigger elections. Make a new parchment around Bane asking all citizens to sign their names if they're willing and ready for new elections to begin. And when so happens, start the elections under a controlled environment. Have someone everyone trusts, who is known not to have any political preference AND is not a candidate to over watch the elections. (e.g; me)

I would volunteer to do that, but I fear I have no time to do so although I still somewhat care about what happens to town.

- Blake Thorn
Jason Felarion

Post by Jason Felarion »

Borgate for Archduchess

~unsigned~
Phib

Post by Phib »

Phibol rewrites an excerpt from Blakes' parchment and continues to write underneath
What I complain about though is the three fellows amongst which Phibol and Edward Cromwell. I'm not claiming either of them would be bad leaders for Troll's Bane, but I disagree with their attempts at seizing leadership with no election whatsoever. Do it fair and square, and you'll have my support.

- Blake Thorn

Blake,
First off I dont know where you are getting your information from, but never have I wanted to "seize leadership" as you boldly have written. I reluctantly volunteered my Temporary services along with Etherim, and Jonathan, until fair elections by the citizens of Troll's Bane could be held to find a new leader for our town. I do not wish to run for this position, or any for that fact. I do however, care for the town I live in and will do what i can to help it back onto it feet. So please, before you decide to write false accusations about me, please find me and discuss them with me in town, or via dove I will gladly and freely speak about anything.

-Phibol D'Woise
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Temporary or not, you still tried to seize leadership along with two other fellows for however long you had in mind, without any elections.

It takes hundreds of days to build a town, it takes one to destroy it.

- Blake Thorn
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

None of the three of us sought to seize leadership, we merely sought to help whatever government, very preferably elected by the citizens, comes out of this to get set up. And, once again, we were not self-appointed.

~Etherim
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Jason Felarion wrote:Borgate for Archduchess

~unsigned~
I second this!

unsigned
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Valione wrote:Trollsbane falling apart?... Please...

You are all acting ridiculously. Firstly get rid of Cromwell because he has been latching on to his self proclaimed title for too long, plus he is a temple member. Open your eyes. And get real.

Secondly get rid of that ignoramus Lord Archbishop Anthony Carthusiana, Ex, does anyone really give a crap about anything that man has to say? His nose is so brown for the former governing body, I'm sick of hearing about it.

Thirdly, the town is better off without Joxia and her cronies. Have an election and for once, dare I say, let the people decide. Mind you, noone but a handful seem to really care, or are too ignorant to see past their own noses as to what is really going on.

It's always the same thing.

A government is formed, nothing is done, alot of money is stolen, the government falls apart.

Just forget about any government infact, because history will just repeat itself and noone is ever happy with it. And for the gods sake, don't elect yet another temple member, aye?

~Wouldntyeliketoknow.

We have openly posted our member list on the Temple wall if you dare to come and read it. Edward Cromwell is not on it.

Lady of the Temple
~-~Joxia Doral~-~
Phib

Post by Phib »

Write hastily on a parchment before pinning it up on the wall

Blake,
Seizing leadership would be what Lord Cromwell did by appointing people to run the town i have never done such a thing. I want to organize a fair election like you want. You nominated Artimer to watch over that and i agree, Artimer is a fair and genuine guy. You are seeing with narrow eyes and not the big picture. Please open your eyes and realize I want no power, not even this. I want a leader elected by the citizens. It takes someone to start the ball rolling as they say, and all i am trying to do is to give it a push.

-Phibol
psdononymous

Post by psdononymous »

BLAKE THORN FOR ARCHDUCHESS!
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Blake wrote:the Leader would have to be willing to risk his life for the citizens. Literally, because the Temple and other political groups would most likely attempt to bring him under their control.
No thanks. We got a bit fed up of directly running it, that's why we pulled all our members out of there.

-Seregon
The Temple Recruitment Officer
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I wouldn't mind if a Temple member became the leader of the town, as long as he's a citizen and his decisions aren't affected by the rest of the Temple.

- Blake Thorn
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Almost sounds like you wish to be one of us Blake. All you have to do is ask to be tested.

~-~Joxia Doral~-~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

My response.

Although I’m sure Mister Thorn is grown accustomed to the ability of shaping the world with mere words, this time his words are unable to bend the reality. To his certain disappointment I must say, that I am the leader of the town.

As for Fooser, he conveniently forgets to mention that over the course of several years I have also made several dozen other appointments, including appointing him to a position more than once. It is true, that I appointed Dain Laiden as the captain of the guard several years ago, but he fails to mention that I also appointed Jorokar Sladrir of the Knighthood as his lieutenant. Regarding the templists, a perfect hindsight is truly a divine bliss, bestowed upon the most boorish and loudmouthed typically. Neither of the two was known to be members of the temple upon their appointment as nobles, or else I would have naturally been warned by concerned citizens. Yet, I was not.

I hardly ever do things out of mere principle. I openly admit that have never harbored a strong dislike for the temple (or any other group for that matter) when the members behaved themselves and considering my kind, approachable and mellow nature, this has been a suitable breeding ground for all kinds of rumors. However, quite frankly I do not give a toss whether you actually are a drooling idiot and believe them, or not (and might still be a drooling idiot, who knows). I, for all my haught and pomp, never considered myself arrogant enough to deny a god the worship that belongs to him, as I would never deny worship of my own god, Adron. I have employed members of the knighthood, temple, silverbrand, zzyathis, varshikar, not to mention countless citizens and others who have pledged to serve the town, and have judged them according to their merits and the seriousness of the situation.

Why? Because I strive to do decisions which are good for the town, regardless of my personal feelings over the matters. As it should be. A statesman should oppose and support or cooperate with groups or for the right reasons: The right reason is the benefit or threat to the town which is posed by the group or person. The recent activities of the temple-members regarding Silverbrand and the mass-abandoning of the Bane have justly caused some concern. The temple is clearly up to something, and this is a matter which ‘should’ concern all those who dwell in bane. In the past most of the violence and destruction were directed towards Trollsbane by the temple(of course, as some of you were still sucking milk out of your mothers’ breasts when this occurred, the history lesson might be a waste of time)! Thus, I have begun to work actively to bring the groups of the town together and more to fill the ranks in such dangerous and uncertain times, and believe that the appointment of Geralt Devan as the magistrate is a good decision.

There are many questions which democracy fails to adequately answer. Why should the opinion of one who has been a loyal citizen for years be equal to that of someone who just scribbled his name on a parchment and only is ever to be seen during the elections? Why should the opinion of those who shovel manure for living be equal to that of a man who has more broad understanding and experience of the world? If you suggest that we are all equal; then I challenge you to attack a renowned knight or a mage, and I believe you shall soon enough discover that this is only prose without basis in the nature. And if we all are in fact not equal, then why should we hold any façade of equality? Why should the uneducated but many rule over the sophisticated few?

Because, for all the wishy-washy nonsense of fair elections and freedom that you spout out, democracy is nothing more but glorified dictatorship of the fickle and unwashed mob.

What all those who moan for the right of people to express their ‘fair’ opinion, allow me to cast some light into the uneducated darkness. The fair people of this town have already voted me in. Not once, but twice. Moreover, I fulfill the succession criterion entirely under the law, as I enjoy the backing of the nobility which is necessary for becoming the Archduke.

Above, ladies and gentlemen, you find the supreme argument against democracy. I have been elected. In fact, I am the last person to have been voted into an office. To rub this more into your face, I abolished democracy and all kinds of elections entirely once before and yet I was again voted in with the most impressive victory in the history of the Trollsbane elections.

I am not an unreasonable man, and am willing to cooperate and work with people who are reasonable. Bitching and moaning is something we already have quite enough. Now, those of you who actually give a damn about the town, I suggest you take the spoon nicely into the hand and work together with myself, Geralt Devan and others to improve the town. Those of you who are out of town and are upset by the way I look, the title I use, the fact that I still happen to be in charge or whatnot, you are free to go back to whichever shithole your crawled out from to pin your parchment here, and commence molesting squirrels or whatever else equally smart you were doing before.

Flowers, rainbows and gumdrop smiles,
Lord Cromwell
The Archduke
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Very funny Joxia, but I'll pass.

As for Edward Cromwell, you can call yourself leader of Troll's Bane all you want - all of us know you are not, don't consider you the leader and mock you and your attempts to forcefully partake the town's reigns. Call yourself leader all you want, appoint as many magistrates as you'd like, make whoever you like a Captain; a leader with no followers isn't a leader, he's just a buffoon with a few minions, which is exactly what you are currently.

When someone takes the time to start new elections, good luck getting elected. Until then, you're no one.

Matter of factly, I am now the new Archduke of Troll's Bane!
I make Saigwin my magistrate and Fooser my Captain of the guards! Artimer can be the Lieutenant.

Anyone else feels like naming themselves Archduke? Please do so, it doesn't mean anything until we get elections.

Lord Thorn
The Archduke
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

Greetings, To Mi'Lord Cromwell and the general populace,

I was accepted as a citizen some short time before The Archduchess resigned her titles and I declare my support to that of the rightful Archduke, Lord Cromwell.
Mi'Lord, I would speak with you at your earliest convenience.

Anon of D'Athen,
Son of Kenon, Baron of D'Athen
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Through convenience of time or convenience of a bad memory (in Edward's case), most do not realize the Temple's ability to harm Troll's Bane. They have waged open war on Troll's Bane, and they lost. Are they capable of being better, now that years have passed? Sure. But to ignore these historical facts is futile, as we now know. Even recently they have shown the lengths they would go to pillage and murder. Edward has practically no experience in defending Troll's Bane's interests when the odds are against him.

I want Edward Cromwell to account for the treasury for the past couple of years, right at this moment.
I want Edward Cromwell to tell everyone publicly what the noble system has accomplished in the past couple of years.
Lastly, I wish for Mr. Cromwell to tell us how this system is any better than the old system, only he derided for being inefficient and inactive. With nobles we now have this tenfold.

When is the last time that anyone in charge gave a damn? When is the last time that the actual citizens gave a damn?

Most of you are nothing more than unchecked busybodies who consider progress and work the switching of titles, rewording of laws, and changing the boundaries of a map. You don't deal with reality, everyone else does.

This pathetic excuse for a system was given a chance, and it was absolute and undeniable disaster. Yes this is hindsight. But to ignore what has happened means a doomed future, which is where you would take everyone. The noble system is over. Even if you somehow manage to limp on, it will never be the same.

F
Jason Felarion

Post by Jason Felarion »

MoonDust wrote:As for Edward Cromwell, you can call yourself leader of Troll's Bane all you want - all of us know you are not

Lord Thorn
The Archduke

An epic fail! You want to speak for all citizens and you made such a mistake as the first act of your self-declared title as an Archduke. Blame on you!
You are right, maybe the most people know that he's not the legal leader, but you are not the legal leader of Bane too, but what are your preferences?

Cromwell leads Bane good some time ago, what have YOU really done for Bane? Everyone can use a sword, everyone can fight if its needed, but only a small amount is able to lead. Cromwell has shown, that he is able to do so. Its more then hanging around with your friends and drinking wine and smoking sibanac, but everyone will be the new leader without knowing the consequences and the work that should be done.

We don't need a wannabee-leader, we need a leader, who can lead Bane in this hard times till a real election is gone. If you want to lead Bane, then sign in for the election, every citizen will appreciate this, but till this shut your mouth and let Cromwell work.
Its annoying to see the most of the active members in this discussion are people who want the lead... ask the citizens, and you will see, who should be the real leader of Bane but till this Cromwell will do his best, and Mister Devan too, I'm sure.

~a citizen without eagerness for power~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Fooser wrote:Through convenience of time or convenience of a bad memory (in Edward's case), most do not realize the Temple's ability to harm Troll's Bane. They have waged open war on Troll's Bane, and they lost. Are they capable of being better, now that years have passed? Sure. But to ignore these historical facts is futile, as we now know. Even recently they have shown the lengths they would go to pillage and murder. Edward has practically no experience in defending Troll's Bane's interests when the odds are against him.

I want Edward Cromwell to account for the treasury for the past couple of years, right at this moment.
I want Edward Cromwell to tell everyone publicly what the noble system has accomplished in the past couple of years.
Lastly, I wish for Mr. Cromwell to tell us how this system is any better than the old system, only he derided for being inefficient and inactive. With nobles we now have this tenfold.

When is the last time that anyone in charge gave a damn? When is the last time that the actual citizens gave a damn?

Most of you are nothing more than unchecked busybodies who consider progress and work the switching of titles, rewording of laws, and changing the boundaries of a map. You don't deal with reality, everyone else does.

This pathetic excuse for a system was given a chance, and it was absolute and undeniable disaster. Yes this is hindsight. But to ignore what has happened means a doomed future, which is where you would take everyone. The noble system is over. Even if you somehow manage to limp on, it will never be the same.

F

Mr. Fooser,
I can assure you that I GAVE A DAMN...but no matter WHAT a leader of Trolls Bane does...the people are going to cry...its pathetic.

~-~Joxia Doral~-~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

To the citizen without eagerness for power,

That would be satire, also referred to as sarcasm. He doesn't believe he should be Archduke, he is saying anyone can declare himself as archduke at this point, because he believes there is no power in it.

Artimer.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Jason Felarion wrote:
MoonDust wrote:As for Edward Cromwell, you can call yourself leader of Troll's Bane all you want - all of us know you are not

Lord Thorn
The Archduke

An epic fail! You want to speak for all citizens and you made such a mistake as the first act of your self-declared title as an Archduke. Blame on you!
You are right, maybe the most people know that he's not the legal leader, but you are not the legal leader of Bane too, but what are your preferences?

Cromwell leads Bane good some time ago, what have YOU really done for Bane? Everyone can use a sword, everyone can fight if its needed, but only a small amount is able to lead. Cromwell has shown, that he is able to do so. Its more then hanging around with your friends and drinking wine and smoking sibanac, but everyone will be the new leader without knowing the consequences and the work that should be done.

We don't need a wannabee-leader, we need a leader, who can lead Bane in this hard times till a real election is gone. If you want to lead Bane, then sign in for the election, every citizen will appreciate this, but till this shut your mouth and let Cromwell work.
Its annoying to see the most of the active members in this discussion are people who want the lead... ask the citizens, and you will see, who should be the real leader of Bane but till this Cromwell will do his best, and Mister Devan too, I'm sure.

~a citizen without eagerness for power~
You failed at understanding what I was trying to show so miserably, it's beyond understanding. But since most people aren't as idiotic as you are, I won't bother taking the time to explain.

- Blake Thorn