Arbitration for Troll's Bane-Silverbrand War

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zeshyrr

Arbitration for Troll's Bane-Silverbrand War

Post by Zeshyrr »

The Virgin Lotus has promised its aid for the peaceful resolution of the conflict between Troll's Bane and Silverbrand upon request. We are following through with that aid now with arbitration. However, for this arbitration to work, both sides must agree to abide by the Arbitration Council's decision no matter what.

The representatives of both Troll's Bane and Silverbrand are requested to give their word to abide by the Council's decision.

The Council shall be formed by three experienced, senior masters of the Virgin Lotus who are completely unrelated with the conflict. These three will hear out the perspectives of both sides and give a fair, impartial verdict.
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

A good idea this is, but the pigheaded nobles will never agree to it!

The letter is unsigned.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

For your information, you cowardly unsigned it was a nobles idea!

*stamped with an angry mark of her seal*
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

In the same handwriting as the first note;

I am sorry, Archduchess. Let me clarify, I meant the pigheaded nobles of Troll's Bane.
P.S. I would sign, but everyone who offends you personally seems to end up in jail.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I cannot think of anyone who has 'offended me personally' that has been jailed unless they have also commited a crime. They are jailed for the crime...because I am not offended easily and much less by a mere criminal.

~-~AJD~-~
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

Archduchess, here is your chance to show your magnanimity and wisdom. Instead of continuing with the violent and destructive war, enter into this peaceful arbitration. Show how aboveboard you are.
Arorazat

Post by Arorazat »

The following writing is written eloquently, though stained with blood.

People of Gobaith.

The time has come for you all to know the truth of the archduchess of trollsbane.

- She birthed the child of Avalyon Hattar, and the son of the infamous criminal 'Wolf'.

- She craves power, and in doing so cares not for the people, allowing the temple, who in turn are allies with the hostile orcen tribe, to secretly control the land of trollsbane, from behind the scenes. ...Afterall, she is Avalyons squeeze.

- She acts in hostility as an avoidable war was approaching, rather than envoking peace and harmony... Banning dwarfs of all sorts from the land of Trollsbane, taking their property as hostage a.k.a. 'fluffy sheep tavern', and commending the allowance to strike any dwarf down... This racism is highly uncommendable.

- If she is capable of acting out the most tremendous scandal in trollsbane history, on top of putting all your lives at risk for the sake of a liar and a coward - Chancellor Verdazar - then what else is she capable of?

No signature is left, though the shape of a dagger is drawn.

-I>
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Anyone that sees the child can tell it is not the child of Avalyon. I am unsure as to where you got your facts, but they are a bit far from accurate. The temple is currently inactive in all ways. Yes, two or three members of the temple still reside on the island.

I believe there are still witnesses from when orc chief Rugh battle myself in Varshikar with unfriendly intent just months ago.

Please do not spread falsities of MY life and friends.

~Dain~Laiden~
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

Please respect this Arbitration and the fates of the two peoples it involves and keep all graffiti away from this board space.

Today, the dwarven delegation led by Queen Friedwulfa entered Troll's bane under the white flag of peace. Peace talks were held over the Arbitration Table in the old town council chambers. In the higher council chambers, a truce was sealed whereby both sides are forbidden to raise arms against each other. I, Zesh, am witness to the sealing of this truce between Archduchess Doral of Troll's Bane and Queen Friedwulfa of Silverbrand.

The Virgin Lotus has been given the right to question any involved individual on either side so that the truth of the conflict can be discovered. Citizens of Troll's Bane and Silverbrand should cooperate with the Order to ensure progress on the road to harmony and peace.

Master Zesh
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

The day of Arbitration shall be decided by common consensus by both parties to the Silverbrand-Trollsbane War. Master Hawkmoon has graciously agreed to sit on the Arbitration Council along with myself. Thus, the requirement of a human on the council has been satisfied. A dwarf remains to be found.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Excuse my humble suggestion of considering the idea of one or more days of celebration, held every year at the date of the signing of the peace contract, to remind everyone living on the island and especially the people of Troll's Bane and Silverbrand of the importance of peace.

~Damien
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

There shall be no peace for Silverbrand until they remember about their unpayed debts towards us, the orcs.
No dwarves, your transgressions have not been forgotten, only you forgot how we spared your lives and your halls after we won the battle.

However, in the spirit of the recent peace, between the humans and yourselves, the orc clan shall permit your ambasator to walk our lands in order to negociate peace with us, if you wish it, and the tribute that you shall pay for your sins.

For honor!
dictated by,
~ Warlord Rogruk!
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

I'm afraid I'll now go down as a warmonger. Fine, I've only this sentence to say: If you see Verdazar next time, try to look behind his oh so beautiful robe and notice the man behind of it. And then think twice about the sense of the war.

Ich fürchte ich werde nach diesen Vorfällen als Kriegstreiber in die Geschichte eingehen. Gut, ich habe nur diesen einen letzten Satz zu sagen: Wenn ihr Verdazar das nächste mal trefft, versucht hinter seine ach-so-schöne Robe zu blicken und den Mann dahinter zu erkennen. Und dann denkt ein zweites Mal über den Sinn des Krieges nach.

Hail the Queen!
Hail Königin!

~~Amrothar Eisenbein~~
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

That is an excellent and commendable idea Damien. We could all use the reminder of the precious value of peace and harmony. Perhaps there are certain rites and rituals to be performed for the occasion that you could suggest? The Virgin Lotus will gladly preside over the necessary rites and make efforts to ensure the festival's smooth functioning.

It is important that we put aside individual vendettas and grudges for the greater good. Only then will true peace and harmony prevail.

Master Zesh
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Due to the fact that Master Zesh has attacked one or more citizens of Trolls Bane I wish him removed from overseeing the the arbitration af Trolls Bane and Silverbrand.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Also it has been brought to my attention that Queen Friedwulfa marched upon Trolls bane with several soldiers hereby breaking the truce. I want to thank Warlord Rogruk and Taliss who happened to meet the dwarven warparty at the the gate of Trolls Bane and fought them, saving any unsuspecting citizens from injury.

Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

A heavily injured blackbearded dwarf comes to the eastern gates of Trollsbane and leaves a note

So this is the thank for our efforts.

Although I know that you won't believe me, because you seem to rather believe orcs, I have to make clear that we never had the intention to break the truce. Orcs provocated us out of town and then knocked us down IN the town. Then shouting around "Dwarves are invading" is quite easy.

But I fear it's senseless ... continue believing followers of Moshran.

To every orc reading this: Honor ... honor is the word you use so often. Provocate us to then set dwarves and Trollsbane against each other again, this is so honorable aye. By this affair don't forget that you threatened war to Silverbrand.

"Saving an unsuspecting citizen" ... by Irmorom, this amount of lies I've never expected even from orcs.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

You actually deny that around six of you..if not more, marched on the gates of Trollsbane with your queen included?

~Taliss
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*The Archduchess walks up to the wall cluttered with parchments and raises her hand to leave another she was asked to place there with the rest*

As the ban concerning Dwarvern entrance to the midlands has not been lifted, and one can safely assume their Army passsed through such lands. It is well within the duty of the Orcs, as Allies to the Midlands, to defend our interests.

Furthermore the presence of such an Army, ill-intented or not, in a time of such delicate peace leads us to believe that the dwarves have little intention of resolving the matter peacefully.

As such the Borough of the Midlands has little choice but to declare an official state of war with the Kingdom of Silverbrand.

We will not leave your hostilities unanswered anymore.

Signed, Baron Verdazar.
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

The "citizen" of Trollsbane is no law abiding citizen, but instead is a murderer's accomplice. I struck at the pressure points of this murderer's accomplice to stun him only. If you Archduchess ruled with any justice at all you would be trying this murderer's accomplice for his crimes, instead of trying to subvert the peace process.

For shame, that you allowed the brute Taliss and his minions the violent orcs to shatter the hard won peace of the island with your poor judgment Archduchess! The Queen and her delegation were under the white flag of peace treaty and were about as ready to attack as the last time they entered town to sign the peace treaty.

Warmonger Verdazar, I have long observed your vicious and uncompromising nature. Even over the Arbitration table you did not cease for a moment in your provocations of the Dwarven Chancellor Amrothar with your petty insults. Shame on you for bringing down the curse of war on the good people of Trollsbane and Silverbrand once again!

Master Zesh
donaideenn

The Elven Rebellion

Post by donaideenn »

~ Unsigned~

Do not forget your old enemies Joxia Doral Warmonger.
The Elven Rebellion shall still be active Admist TrollsBane.
Treat us well, or be destroyed.
Ally with us and we shall protect. For a price.
Attack us and we shall slay.

THE ELVEN REBELLION.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Spokesman for the elven rebellion,

I do not understand why you are rebelling, and who you are rebelling against. The island of Vanima is a haven of elves, for elves. If you're willing to make so much of an effort to change what you do not like, then you should simply move there with your brothers and sisters - you shall help more elves that way.

With kindest regards

~Szrenszor~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Once again war talks end in insults and injury, kidnappings and complaints. Once again the knighthood feels need to speak out against the current events. We shall remind all of you of our ever lasting neutrality in the situation and our will towards peace. However it would also bold well for each and every one of you to remember that we shall protect and defend the innocent and even do our best to remove hostile and annoying groups who feel the need to threaten dispite their membership list of one.

Also, as it seems that Master Zesh has failed in his negotiation attempts, we shall once again offer to step in. I ask for both sides to contact me with a possible date and time for the arbitration. The meeting shall be held on the neutral ground of Stoneridge Keep.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Thanks for your offer, but what reason do we have trusting you and the sense of this arbitration, when the cultist Verdazar understands truce as "continue treating dwarves like attackers"? That's a really meaningful TRUCE, aye.

As Friedwulfa is impeded I speak for her.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Chancellor of Silverbrand
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Mightysks Shaman Grakir bringinks joyful newsks to her Archduchiness Joxia Doral! The Queen beinks dead!
We havinks, followinks the trial that we orcsks held for her - fairly and freely, we mightsks add, decidinks that she beinks fit only the die. The Father, in the mightysks wisdom of his Messenger agreeinks!
So, we throwinks her off the mountinks. Splat.

Ceasinks yousks war Silverbrand, or yousks will ceasinks to live.

Clan Shaman Grakir
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

A man amoured in a top hat, and armed with a handlebar moustache strides up to the board, and turns his gaze to the message board, he smiles, he mists his eyes up, and he laughs, soon after this he actually begins reading the messages, and tacks up a suggestion:

Have you made sure that the coal sucking tunnel rat is dead? As sparse and patchy the beards of Silverbrand are, they can still provide a decent cushion for such a tiny being.

Not to mention the thick skull of monarchy, and no doubt a dwarf's ego can repel all of nature's forces on it's own.

In summary: Poke her with a stick and make sure.

An elaborate (If obviously false) signature follows.

~~Parr O'Dea~~
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Boten werden von Silberbrand ausgeschickt, nach den Adligen Trolls Banes zu suchen, des weiteren Wird der Aushang an jedem Tor angenagelt und in jeder größeren Siedlung aufgehangen

Friedensangebot!

Nachdem mir zu Ohren gekommen ist, daß das letzte Friedensangebot wegen eines Formfehlers nicht beachtet werden konnte, erneuert Silberbrand sein Angebot nun!

Wir sind nicht interessiert an Kriegen oder ähnlichem. Wir wollten nur ein ordentliches Verfahren anregen. Dies wurde von Trolls Bane abgelehnt und so fügen wir uns nun, nachdem auch der zweite Versuch den Fall zu schlichten gescheitert ist.

Silberbrand bietet Trolls Bane, als eine Art Wiedergutmachung und Reparation, an, die Taverne abzutreten. Des weiteren liefern wir 500 behauene Steine und 500 Bretter verschiedener Bäume für die Reparaturen und 1 Goldmünze um neue Möbel und Schlüssel zu kaufen.

Denkt über das Angebot nach!

Hochachtungsvoll
Königin Friedwulfa Silberklinge von Silberbrand

Messengers are sent from Silverbrand to search for the nobles of Trolls Bane, additionally the note gets hang out at several places by the gates and in every bigger village.

Peace offer!

After I heard we sent the last peace offer in vain, because it didn’t receive attention since it seemingly hadn’t the requirements to be believable, we renew the offer now!

We are not interested in wars or the like. We just wanted to initiate a fair trial. It was rejected by Trollsbane and so we conform, after our second try to close the case also failed.

Silverbrand offers Trolls Bane the tavern, as some kind of recompense and repair. Furthermore we deliver 500 stone bricks and 500 wooden boards for the repair of the tavern and one gold coin to buy new furniture and keys.

Think about the offer!

Yours faithfully
Queen Friedwulfa Silverblade of Silverbrand
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I would like to come and speak with you in person about the peace offer. I am not wanting to see any more blood shed over this matter.

Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

So we should meet at a neutral place!

Queen Friedwulfa Silverblade of Silverbrand
Llama

Post by Llama »

Isn't Queen Friedwulfa dead?

Did she come back to life? Are the dwarves being lead by undead?

Guess she did learn to fly

There is no signature