Happenings in Silverbrand// Geschehnisse in Silberbrand

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kingdom of Silverbrand

Happenings in Silverbrand// Geschehnisse in Silberbrand

Post by Kingdom of Silverbrand »

*Eine Nachricht häng am Tor vom Seahorse und bei der Werkstatt*

Der angebliche Kanzler von Trollsbane Verdazar und sein orkischer Leibwächter haben sich strafbar gemacht aufgrund Eindringens in die Hallen von Silberbrand. Verdazar hat den beiden den Zugang zu der Stadt ermöglicht indem er unsere Wächterin durch einen Zauber gelähmt hat. Als ich sie zur Rechenschaft ziehen wollte haben sie sich geweigert und mich ebenfalls mit einem Wort der Macht gelähmt und mir daraufhin mit einer Felswand den Weg versperrt.

Verdazar hat 3 Zauber auf Silberbrandschem Boden gesprochen, noch dazu auf Zwerge, und sich somit strafbar gemacht.

Sein orkischer Leibwächter stand mit ihm im Bunde und ist somit auch strafbar. Auch er hat sich Zugang zu den tiefer gelegenen Hallen von Silberbrand verschafft.

Die Verhandlung wird in Kürze stattfinden, ein Termin wird noch ausgemacht. Sowohl Verdazar als auch sein Leibwächter werden aufgefordert zu erscheinen und ihren Standpunkt zu verteidigen, ansonsten werde ich mein Urteil alleine entscheiden und aussprechen müssen.
Da sich derzeit kein Richter in Silberbrand findet muss ich wohl diese Aufgabe übernehmen. Bis die Verhandlungen abgeschlossen sind werden jegliche Handelsbeziehungen oder sonstige Abkommen mit Trollsbane vorläufig abgebrochen.

*A parchment hangs at the seahorse and at the workshop of Trollsbane*

The reputed chancellor of Trollsbane Verdazar and his orcen bodyguard both incured a penalty by getting into the deeper halls of Silverbrand by casting a spell on the guard. When I wanted to bring them to justice they both refused and also disabled me with a spell and then casted a magical wall of rock into my way.

Verdazar casted 3 spells on the land of Silverbrand, even at dwarves, and so incured a penalty.

His orcen bodyguard also entered Silverbrand this forbidden way I mentioned before.

The trial will be held soon, an appointment will be set in few days. Verdazar and his bodyguard are asked to come and defend theirselves, if they don't I'll have to decide the judgment on my own.
Because there is no judge in Silverbrand at the moment, I unfortunately have to undertake the task of doing this. Until the trial is held and the judge has been decided Silverbrand will temporarily cancel all trading relations and other contracts with Trollsbane.

~~Amrothar Eisenbein/Ironleg~~
Kanzler/Chancellor
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Amrothar wrote:

The reputed chancellor of Trollsbane Verdazar and his orcen bodyguard both incured a penalty by getting into the deeper halls of Silverbrand by casting a spell on the guard.

Please explain how they got into the deeper parts of Silverbrand with a spell and what is an incurred penalty.

Amrothar Ironleg wrote:

His orcen bodyguard also entered Silverbrand this forbidden way I mentioned before.

Please explain this forbidden way that you speak of, the doors were open and entry was not a problem. Also I thought there was a truce with Silverbrand and the orcs and I can not find, at least in the new language where magic is forbidden on the Silverbrand board.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Joxia Doral wrote: Please explain how they got into the deeper parts of Silverbrand with a spell and what is an incurred penalty.
They paralysed the guard as they did with me, so they could take their key and opened the gate with it. She also told me that the orc knocked her out afterwards that she can't stop them snooping around. What they wanted in our halls I don't know, but it's forbidden to use magic on the land of Silverbrand and opening a closed gate by knocking one of our sisters down is obviously against the law.
Please explain this forbidden way that you speak of, the doors were open and entry was not a problem. Also I thought there was a truce with Silverbrand and the orcs and I can not find, at least in the new language where magic is forbidden on the Silverbrand board.
Firstly I have do admit that we never claimed there was a truce between dwarves and orcs. Never. They attacked our city, destroyed our halls and stained our land. We simply didn't do something afterwards. There was no war either, they suddenly attacked us.

This is a quote from the law of Silverbrand, firstly the original old language one and then a translation.
VIII. Magie

1. Magie die nicht der Heilung verwundeter Bürger Silberbrands oder ihnen gegenüber neutralen oder verbündeten Parteien dient ist grundsätzlich verboten.
2. Ausgenommen hiervon ist Artfeaktmagie, die dem Zwecke des Reisens dient. So zum Beispiel die erwerbbaren Portalbücher.
3. Ausgenommen hiervon sind Magier die von seiner Majestät eine schriftliche Genehmigung besitzen teilweise oder vollständig zaubern zu dürfen.
4. Ausgenommen hiervon sei auch jegliche Art von Magie die nachweislich durch die Kraft Irmoroms gewirkt wird.
VIII Magic

1. Magic which doesn't not heal wounded citizens of Silverbrand or neutral or allied parties is basically forbidden.
2. Excepting artefact magic, for example portal books.
3. Excepting mages who have the allwoness for particular or complet magic from the king.
4. Also excepted is magic which is verifiable performed with the power of Irmorom.
The only one who has the permission to perform magic on the land of Silverbrand is Nalcaryos von Weißhafen. So Verdazar incured penalty by speaking a spell even 3 times!

The gates were closed ... point. If Verdazar and his bodyguard told you other things they lie. Our guard always watches out for these people that the private area of the dwarves STAYS the private area. When the criminals procure access without permission or express statement by the guard it is an obvious incured penatly.

They should not dare to ignore the judgement, because if they do, there won't be a single place where they can hide from the anger of Irmorom.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Chancellor of Silverbrand
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

A tall Orc approaches the parchment, his jaw juts grimly from a bloodied and battleworn face. The Orc slams a parchment over the others.

Dwarves of Silverbrand,

Due to open hostility and threats directed towards myself and those in my company by Amrothar Ironleg, the use, access to and passage through the midlands is hereby forbidden to all citizens of Silverbrand. Any such dwarf found within these lands will be considered a hostile combatant and dealt with accordingly.

We hope your Chancellor will come to his senses and reverse his opinions before any further action is taken against myself and those under my watch. Should Amrothar pursue any hostile behaviour it will be considered an act of war and actions against himself and his kingdom will be undertaken.

Signed Baron Verdazar of the Midlands.
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

The words you write here confirm all the stories I’ve heard about Trollsbane and it’s Noblemen, and by Irmorom, I’m not surprised.

Think about the things you did, young chancellor Verdazar. Firstly cast an evil spell on one of my sisters and on me and then declaring open war to the holy Kingdom of Silverbrand. Be glad that Elder King Tialdin doesn’t read this, you would not live as long as having a chance reading this parchment. Be glad that I am more patient than my brothers and sisters, but do not overreach yourself, my patience has an end too.

I gave you a chance to admit your doings and accept the milder punishment. Temporary banishment and a fine are not at all the punishment you deserve.

I hope your subjects are so clever not to fight against a dwarf of Silverbrand. You’ll destroy all the contracts and bands between the realms of Silverbrand and Trollsbane, that I and the Archduchess cared so much for the last months, with one single stroke with your sword, young chancellor. Of course I do not let your subjects suffer for your criminal doings, they still can enter all halls of Silverbrand until they reached the old Gandela hall, the other halls are the private ones, only for dwarves. And they will surely not be outlawed by my brothers and sisters.

I give you a last chance to admit your crimes, Verdazar, this ist he very last chance. And, by Irmorom, do not dare to lay your hands on one single dwarf. If you do, I personally will divide your head into four parts.
Come to Silverbrand when the judgment is held, accept your punishment and afterwards go back to your lands. But leave your and my subjects alone with this.

Concerning your bodyguard: The same punishment as before awaits him, he isn’t concerned with your last declarations. I have enough from being fooled by orcs, who say they are nice and help the people of Gobaith and then I see them on the side of Moshran-orcs, fighting against us. But I can’t punish him only because of this, it is because he also bullied his way into Silverbrand.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Eisenbein wrote: You’ll destroy all the contracts and bands between the realms of Silverbrand and Trollsbane, that I and the Archduchess cared so much for the last months,

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
You've already done that yourself Chancellor. And you have much more to lose from canceling those treaty's then we do, So don't bother making such empty threats.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

It is not too late for this to be worked out reasonably. If you wish for our two councils to sit and talk, just give the word.

JonathanSmith

Post by JonathanSmith »

What a shame for Troll's Bane having such incapable and dishonest members in the government.

Archdukess, I hope we can at least count on you.

An ashamed citizen of Troll's Bane,

John Smith
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Mister Smith,

You would be wise to to know about what is going on than to make such presumtions. There is no incapability or dishonesty taking place here. Just as Amrothar, you are unjustly jumping to wrong conclusions.

JonathanSmith

Post by JonathanSmith »

Alone that the suspicion of the mentioned affair includes our chancellor of our town Troll's Bane is shame enough.

Besides that, if it is true, that nowadays primitive orcs are hired as bodyguards .. what a descent of our town and what a defamation of the Troll's Bane townguard!

John Smith
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Mr Smithsks...

I wouldsks ask politelysks that you act corteously to the orcsks...The clan seekinks employmentsks how we will. I assure yousks...if we can replacinks yousks feeble town guard, ex-Captainsks, then we beinks anythinks but primitive.

I can howeversks, speak from my own knowinks, that Verdazar beinks a worthy man of good reputesks. His character beinks good, and beinks that not what you needinks?

Overseer Grakir, Shaman of the Orcs
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Lord Ross, you claim that we have more to loose than you? It is a honour for you that we give you our iron, our ore, our gold, our tools and even our weapons and armor! If you can't appreciate this honor, well, then we simply don't make contracts. Then we keep these excellent things and use it against your arrogant noblemen-wizards if they use magic again on our land or if they start a war.

Archduchess Doral, I want to speak. I wanted to solve this with words, not with the axe. But the young chancellor Verdazar grabs the swords, what shall I do?
You dare to claim that I draw wrong conclusions? Which conclusion do you prefer? The guard disabled himself with a spell and gave the orc the key, afterwards a dwarf knocked her down? Do you want to kid me or shall we stay serious?
And you just heard the whole story from me and Verdazar, the same that is written here. You only read it as John Smith, so why should he know less than you?

Grakir, when you say that Verdazar is a worthy man of good reputation we all know what we should make of it.

I have enough discussing this with sheets of parchment, if you want to solve it peaceful, we will talk.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Although the knighthood of Gobaith has no say in this situation, I would like to remind both parties that the pass between the two cities is guarded by the knighthood and not Trolls Bane. We shall continue to allow safe passage to both parties until this situation is resolved. If it is so needed, we would be glad to open up our meeting hall as neutral ground so both parties may discuss.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Eisenbein wrote: Lord Ross, you claim that we have more to loose than you? It is a honour for you that we give you our iron, our ore, our gold, our tools and even our weapons and armor! If you can't appreciate this honor, well, then we simply don't make contracts. Then we keep these excellent things and use it against your arrogant noblemen-wizards if they use magic again on our land or if they start a war.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Last I checked, Non-Dwarves are forbidden to enter your mines, So evidently we DON'T have access to your ores, As for your tools, You have said yourself that non-dwarves can't enter your halls, So evidently we don't have access to that either, And with the exception of Goldburg (When they where an independent kingdom), I have never heard of dwarves sharing weapons and armor with ANYONE.
As for what you have to lose, Have you looked at the location of the Tavern lately?

~Lord Roland Ross,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:Although the knighthood of Gobaith has no say in this situation, I would like to remind both parties that the pass between the two cities is guarded by the knighthood and not Trolls Bane. We shall continue to allow safe passage to both parties until this situation is resolved. If it is so needed, we would be glad to open up our meeting hall as neutral ground so both parties may discuss.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Sir Marescot, I gladly accept this offer. I want to talk to all parties concerned face to face, and surely not through parchments. Tell me the time, Trollsbaners, and I'll come.

I am really disappointed by the Archduchess, that he didn't inform you that we are disposed to share these wares with you. Maybe this planned trade relation is a big mistake. We will talk about the rest of your writing when we meet.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~