Pinned in Trollsbane: Crime Reports

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Town Guard of TB

Pinned in Trollsbane: Crime Reports

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Citizens of Trollsbane,

From here on out, when you report a crime, I ask that you leave your report here, aswell as send a copy of it to me by dove. Then, a summary will be left in the jail for the guards to read over, and respond to the report. This will help to keep the town guard boards clean so that it can be more easily used for announcements, and will just make things more organized in general.

Altrix,
Captain of the town guard
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

CRIME REPORT

A report from a complain from two people - the lizard Lessska and the halfling Saigwin - will come here. They witnessed when a goblin was abused both physically and mentally.

First the goblin was attacked by Harok, and when the Goblin climbed up the tree it was cut down by Leva while abusing the goblin with insults. The goblin broke his leg and got stuck under the tree. When Lessska, who witnessed this, lifted the log to help the goblin, she was abused as well. Both Lessska and the goblin were called animals and "filth".

According to Harok he had got permission to abuse the goblin from our Archduchess Joxia Doral if the goblin continued to be rude to Harok. I think it sounds a bit strange. Better arrest a person who is not behaving than trying to prevent a crime with another crime.

Both Lessska and Saigwin also says that Dain who was there as well, tried to make people stop and also helped the goblin to get treatment for his broken leg. Also a person called "Loner" or Taylor as Saigwin think his real name was, tried to prevent the abuse until he himself got abused by the goblin, when he himself also started to abuse the goblin verbally.

In the description it is obvious the goblin have been behaving really bad, but still we have laws. If the law is broken I can't see why this should be better with another crime commited. And why Lessska got abused I can't see at all.

This should be looked upon as soon as possible I say.

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

CRIME REPORT
The halfling Saigwin have told me something I have decided to report.

Saigwin noticed a fire was lit in the tournament area near the eastern gate. He told the two men there that they should put the fire out and when they refused he told them that he would tell the town guards if they did not put the fire out.
He was then told: "Do so, who will care?" and then they laughed at him right in his face.

After this they also tried to cast some kind of spell on Saigwin, but the spell failed. When the spell was attempted one of the men - probably the one who casted the spell - said something about a barbequed halfling.

One of the men was the chancellor Verdazar and the other man - also a mage - was unknown.

Saigwin feel that this was very uncomfortable and think it feels like the leading people of Trollsbane seem to think they are above the laws or at least act like they are and this is really serious according to me since the Chancellor should represent the town in a much better way I think. Trying to assault an innocent halfling like this is not ok!

This should be looked upon right away I say!

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon.
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

The human male Mujinu is accused of theft by Leva. Harok and Zeshyrr are witnesses to the event. The man requested a trial after I suggested imposition of a one day ban from Troll's Bane. I went to seek Captain Altrix to arrange such, and when I came back, the man had fled. Thus I also accuse him of evading the guard.

~Etherim Mingil
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

In the future, You should look for me to arrange Trials. Also, Trials aren't required for bans of less than 3 days, or if any life is endangered.

~Roland Ross,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

In regards to both reports by Frederick Hawkmoon:

About the goblin, Harok was told that if the goblin tried to rob him that he could deal with him as he saw fit. If the goblin was 'abused' for any other reason, this was not agreed to.

About Saigwin, firstly he is niether a guard nor is he even a citizen. And often times mages start harmless fires this not a criminal offense. Also a noble should not be argued with, Verdazar was as polite as he could be trying to assure Saigwin that everything was fine and Saigwin refused to let the matter drop. I find no fault with the Chancellor in this matter.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Greetings Archduchess Joxia Doral and all other who might read this.

I know it is not my thing to be the judge but I hope I can ask questions this way to clearify things.

Do you mean it is ok to attack someone with magic just because that person think the fire might be dangerous - citizen or no citizen, noble or non noble? I find that view very strange I must say - but that is me. After all - there are many people that is not that used to magic and its effects.

And about not arguing with a noble... As far as I know Baron Verdazar was not on his Borough when doing this - but in the town and therefore had no more right to break the law there than anyone else. As far as I know though, I have never read any laws about a not being allowed to argue with a noble either.

About the abusing of that goblin - do you mean the assaulting of the goblin was ok if Harok thought it was fit, but not ok if he did not think it was fit? If that is the fact you practically made Harok the judge and the "executer" in that matter and left the goblin with no protection.

If that is not what you mean, then I suggest the witnesses should be heard because that kind of behaviour does not seem to fit in a civilized society - not according to me anyway.

If this is your decision though - Archduchess, then we have no legal possibilities to do anything about it though and I can do nothing more than telling you that I don't agree in this matter.

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

It's a pity to see that the 'nobles' truely think they are similar to our Gods, standing over the law all the time and obviously aren't able to confess their wrongful treatments. This is not the first time and surely not the last.
Poor Trolls Bane but more important, poor citizen and victims of this town.

The note remains unsigned, yet the handwriting is elegant and neatly, probably familiar to some.
Etherim Mingil

Post by Etherim Mingil »

A masked and hooded man in old leathers was seen acting suspicious near an unconscious man. Myself, Lesska, and Antionette Dubois went to move the man Bandorakai Armakon to the hospital, where he might be safer from robbery whilst unconcious. The man confronted us and drew arms on us. We proceeded to move Bandorakai to the hospital. A short time after we got him into a bed, the man showed up at the hospital again, repeatedly saying "Too many new faces". He drew arms on us once again. He wields a sword that I suspect to be magical, he is tall, around 6'4" and clad in old leather. When I told him to sheathe his sword and leave, he left, without sheathing. When I went to follow him, I could not find him again.

~Etherim Mingil
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Firstly Freddie it was not Lord Verdazar who pretended to cast a spell at Saigwin. It was his companion. No one was hurt and verdazar did tell his friend to stop tormenting Saigwin.

As far as arguing with nobles, if i tell a guard or citizen that everything is fine and not to worry about it i expect to be listened to and I dont expect to have to explain that decision especially to a non citizen. Chancellor Verdazar and Magistrate Ross both deserve the same respect.

FREDERICK SAID:

About the abusing of that goblin - do you mean the assaulting of the goblin was ok if Harok thought it was fit, but not ok if he did not think it was fit? If that is the fact you practically made Harok the judge and the "executer" in that matter and left the goblin with no protection.

Grimgit begged me to be my servant. He was warned at that time by me that he had better not try to rob anyone but especially harok who had caught him trying top steal fom him all ready.I had hoped to be working with Grimgit as my paid servant therefore giving him no reason to follow his natural impulse to steal. but unfortunately I have not seen him around town. I do know that grimgit liked to think he could push peoples buttons and even attempt to bully them in spite of his small goblin size.

Now if either Saigwin or Grimgit think that anything I have said here is untrue then they are welcome to say so.

I will admit that when i told Harok to handle Grigit as he saw fit if he should catch him attempting to steal was probly not the right thing to say. but I have to take responsibility in that as i said i'd thought i would be working with Grim git a lot and that it would not come to that. Also Id hoped that IF Harok did catch him trying to steal, that he would handle it according to the laws of Trolls Bane while in Trolls Bane. I will make sure he understands that 'vigilante; judge, jury, and exectioner behavior are not acceptable within the boundaries of Trolls Bane.

TO UNSIGNED[b/]
It's a pity to see that the 'nobles' truely think they are similar to our Gods, standing over the law all the time and obviously aren't able to confess their wrongful treatments. This is not the first time and surely not the last.
Poor Trolls Bane but more important, poor citizen and victims of this town.

The note remains unsigned, yet the handwriting is elegant and neatly, probably familiar to some.

Nevermind...you are not worth the ink in my quill to waste any explanation to you...since you seem to be only a cowardly troublemaker and from what i have seen in the last 3 years...most of the troublemakers are not citizens of Trolls Bane and therefor have absolutely NO SAY in how things are or are not done here.

Olive

Post by Olive »

* note that was attached was yanked off*
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Greetings again Archduchess Joxia Doral.

Thanks for the answer and clearifying of your point of view. This is exactly what I wanted - that it at least was looked into in a proper manner. Now it is clear that attacking someone just because of arguing is not ok and that the matter with the goblin you call Grimgit must be looked into to at least see if the actions to him was justified or not.

Of course respect should be shown to nobles and important people in the town of Trolls Bane but I think we all can agree that the laws must be uphold in a proper way nevertheless and that random attacks just because of arguing should not be ok. If someone shows disrespect to our nobles I of course think that the guards should be called to evaluate whether it should be considered as some kind of insult of course, but it should be dealt that way I do believe. I can see you have at least talked to Verdazar and his friend and heard their version and even if I would like to see it compared to Saigwins version - I greatly appriciate your effort to at least question their actions.

Thanks again Archduchess for this clearifying of these matters.

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon.
Aerceriah

Post by Aerceriah »

To the Inhabitants of Troll's Bane,

Unfortunately, I regret to inform those of you established well within the community and perhaps to those who care, that an uncivilized matter involving the acts of a dwarven male was witnessed by my person during the hours of the afternoon on this day. The individual was spotted near Eliza's shop, cutting away at the old logs that lie against the sandpit and tossing them into the nearest water-side with only a bit of slight hesitation. You may now come to realize the old logs are missing. My efforts to withhold the situation in attempt to gain approval as to whether this was a decision made by any party, particularly that of the town council or any legitimate town official for that matter, only proved worthless. Do the town's disturbances not matter to those who are engaged deeply into whatever personal work is being accomplished to the far west? For the few of you who ignored my obvious plead for help, I hope it now comes, as you read this, as a warning to be careful and keep an eye out for strangers who force their way into town to complete such random tasks and to furthermore, pay direct attention to those in need of aid, rather than to stay focused entirely on your precious work. Details as to the identity of the dwarf are far lesser known, as he appeared to be your typical, average-looking dwarf in my eyes, but details provided by the guard may soon follow. Any in-depth clarification by that of the dwarf himself or anybody who can speak on behalf of any involvement with the situation, feel free to clarify and explain yourself here. Perhaps there was no crime committed here and I'm to blame for my sudden worry? Any information regarding this subject is recommended to be pinned below here. My sincere thanks for your time.

Signed,
Aerceriah
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Written below the parchment previous, is a further note, written by the finest of hands... Perhaps one of a noble culture or if possible a god of the five would read, as it remains inclined so attractive to the eyeling stature.

Dearest Aerceriah,

I read your plead, and I feel it to be of the upmost importance that I write a fellow oppinion, to oofer my feedback and show atleast an incling of acknowledgement to your worrying soul.

I honestlt believe it to be in my hearty that you must get out more and experiance the true problems that ridicule this isle of uncertaintly and whow.

I see a child bearing the mind of a primate, in which belief lies that intelligence is apparent... Please... Let me confirm and explain...

This life is filled with agony and foolishness, it is just a worry that individuals allow themselves to be circum to petty squabbles, sinking from the sands of unruley heights

I know you feel this, in your heart.

~Nobleman
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

If you wish to redicule this lady, Why not sign your name, Nobleman? Your act of cowardice just reduced all your words to that of mere tavern gossip. She has all the right to report such an incident, no matter how small it may seem to you, It may mean everything to her. Do not bring your petty past time of arguing to this board, for all it shows is your incompetence.

Aerceriah, I do appologise for none hearing your plea. This is a whole hearted appology for not being there when you needed one. However I may not be a citizen, nor a guard. I hold a truce with Lady Joxia to help her citizens. I will look into the matter and deal with it as so. As I encourage any guard to do aswell.

~Taylor Windslasher
Knight of the Crimson Blade
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The Lizard Squee' has been jailed for a period of 7 days.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Llama

Post by Llama »

May I please know what Squee` has done to deserve this punishment?

~Szrenszor~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

He was attempting to rob somone, attacked a guard, and assaulted the Magistrate.

Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Finthril has drawn weapons against an elfess, a woman, and I. He then also procceeded to swear loyalty to the elven rebellion, and dropped a writing supporting the elven rebellion.
Further more, he has said that they are about to begin plan 'one' of their attack, and that they have the support they need. He then swore death to the elfess, and all humans.
To complicate matters, a man followed after Finthril, and declared he wanted to join them. This man is new to the land I believe, and was mislead by Finthril.
He also declared that the Elven Rebellion does not support Tol Vanima, and plans to kill the Elders there, and that he has the support to do it.

Please, be on your guard,
Artimer Fault.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

By order of the Magistrate,
Any people found to be members of this so called "Elven Rebellion" are to be arrested on sight. They shall be given a trial and if found guilty they shall be hung by the neck until death for the crime of Treason. Further more, any information regarding this "Elven Rebellion" shall be greatly rewarded.

Rebels beware, You have been warned!

~Lord Roland Ross,
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

WANTED

An elf by the name of Finthril is hereby wanted for questioning.
A bounty of 10 silver has been issued for his arrest.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Bandorkai

REPORT...

Post by Bandorkai »

A small, young orcish male barbarian suited....<full leather armor, warhammer...> Be wary he assulted me Bandorakai Armakon. He refers to himself as Breed please dont take action if you see him just send him any high ranked officail... I cannot question him so if Joxia or Altrix may do what they need I would be honored...

-signed- Bandorakai Armakon
Bandorkai

Crime report

Post by Bandorkai »

Masbut Gobeer has been cutting wood in the town for sometime everytime i ask him to stop he threatens me a withdraws his weapons... i have not taken action... I came to confront him he had a mid size woman well dressed whom hold poisoned weapons...Awhile back Masbut had asulted me and Etherim has been having problems with him aswell. If lady Joxia may take it from here I would be pleased...
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

NOTICE

Masbut Gobeer's rights to cut down trees on the land of Trollsbane (Both inside AND outside of the city walls) is hereby suspended until he pays a fine of 10 silver the Archduchess, the Captain of the Guard or Myself.
Further more, His right to use tools found within the lands of Trollsbane are also suspended until he pays the above fine.
If he refuses to follow our simple rules for the usage of our resources, He shall not be given the right to use them.
Guards and Recruits may use any force necessary to enforce this punishment.
Any questions may be sent to me by dove.

~Lord Roland Ross,
masbut gobeer

Post by masbut gobeer »

Masbut liest das und versteht kein Wort. Er weiss nur, es geht um ihn und um Bondarakai. Er schreibt auf:

Ich, Masbut Gobeer, redlicher und freigiebiger Holzer und Instrumentenbauer verwahre mich gegen jegliche Vorwürfe. Ja, ich habe ab und zu Holz gefällt, weil verschiedene Personen sagten, es sei im Obstgarten erlaubt. Ich habe immer aufgepasst, dass niemand zu Schaden kommt.
Dieser Bandorakai ist ein überschäumender Rekrut, der keine Beweise hat. Diese Frau, die er immer aufzählt, kenne ich nicht. Und in diesem speziellen Fall habe ich tatsächlich keinen Baum geschlagen.

Ich hingegen klage Bandoraikai an, einen Elfen auf mich angesetzt zu haben, damit er mich schlägt und ermordet. Dieser Elf, auch ein fremdsprachiger, hat mich geschlagen und halbtot liegen lassen.
Zudem hat mich dieser Bandorakai mit einem Schwert angegriffen und das ausserhalb der Stadt und ohne Vorwarnung. Er stach und schlug mehrmals mit einem Schwert auf mich ein.
In beiden Fällen war ich unbewaffnet und trug keinen Schild noch Rüstung.
Oh Zeiten - Oh Willkür!

Ich muss ganz Trolls Bane rügen. Die Stadt ist kein Rechtsstaat mehr, sondern eine Diktatur der Rekruten, die in ihrem Eifer kein Mass und keine Gerechtigkeit mehr kennen. Trolls Bane wird so uzum Überwachungsstaat und zum Stadt der Willkür.

Es gibt viele Zeugen, die wissen, dass ich ehrlich, redlich, zuverlässig und freigiebig bin, wenn man mich nicht knebelt und ärgert.

gezeichnet
Masbut Gobeer, Holzer und Instrumentenbauer
Last edited by masbut gobeer on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
masbut gobeer

Post by masbut gobeer »

Evan Ross wrote:NOTICE

Masbut Gobeer's rights to cut down trees on the land of Trollsbane (Both inside AND outside of the city walls) is hereby suspended until he pays a fine of 10 silver the Archduchess, the Captain of the Guard or Myself.
Further more, His right to use tools found within the lands of Trollsbane are also suspended until he pays the above fine.
If he refuses to follow our simple rules for the usage of our resources, He shall not be given the right to use them.
Guards and Recruits may use any force necessary to enforce this punishment.
Any questions may be sent to me by dove.

~Lord Roland Ross,
KANN das auch für mich lesbar gemacht werden. Schliesslich geht es um mich!
Blay

Post by Blay »

Translation to the old language:
Übersetzung in die alte Sprache:
Masbut Gobeers Recht Bäume auf dem Land Troll's Banes zu fällen (in UND außerhalb der Mauern) ist aufgehoben bis her eine Strafe in Höhe von 10 Silbermünzen an die Erzherzogin, an den Kapitän der Stadtwache oder an mich selbst zahlt. Außerdem ist sein Recht Werkzeuge auf dem Land von Troll's Bane zu benutzen auch aufgehoben, bis er die oben genannte Strafe bezahlt. Wenn er unsere einfachen Regeln für die Benutzung unserer Ressourcen ablehnt, soll er nicht das Recht haben sie zu benutzen. Wachen und Rekruten dürfen jede Gewalt benutzen die nötig ist, um die Strafe zu vollziehen. Fragen können mir per Taube gesendet werden.

~Mellen
masbut gobeer

Post by masbut gobeer »

Danke, Mellen!

Ich muss festhalten, dass Bandorkai mich angegriffen hat bevor dieser Magister Roland seinen Text da veröffentlich hatte. Rekruten und Wachen sind also über dem Gesetz.

Masbut Gobeer
Krest

Post by Krest »

The woman Mellen attacked Trollsbane... throwing Gynk fires at me and fleeing right back to Silverbrand and locking herself away...

C.R
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

I personally witnessed this woman Mellen terrorizing people by throwing Gynk fires all over the place. I chased after her with Master Rigden trying to grab and stop her so that she could explain what she had done. However, she never stopped and wriggled out every time I had her in my grasp. She kept screaming the name "Suriam".

We chased her all the way to the gates of Silverbrand where she said kept saying "Schnell schnell". The gates were opened and then shut close again right after Mellen had slipped through by a dwarf. Evidently, Silverbrand is harboring terrorists. Silverbrand should release this terrorist immediately for a trial by the authorities of where she committed her crimes. Recompense should be made to those that have been harmed by the terrorist Mellen.

Master Zesh