Tavern Antics (Open RP)

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Tavern Antics (Open RP)

Post by HolyKnight »

*Eli stalks into the tavern furiously after a less then productive encounter with his wife Kaila. Jerking the red fabric of his robes about he sits in front of Borgate ordering a stiff goblet or water. Opening his mouth to chat it up with Borgate his story is soon interrupted by his resounding voice, "Waita minute, yer married to uh long-ear ain't ya, shat up talken to me." Then wipes over the bar.

Sighing to himself he spins around on the stool to face the tavern his goblet clutched in both hands. Thinking back on how Kaila treated him he starts to grumble under his breath. Only ceasing his mumbled rantings to take a deep swig from the goblet. Slipping one hand from the goblet he intricately dances his fingers in the air idly. A whipping swirl of wind shoots from his fingers leisurely headed toward the western door. The results of the incantation are revealed as the door mysteriously closes. Repeating the process at the other door he returns to his attention to his goblet.

For now the tavern lay in silence apart from Borgate's tourettes. Hopefully someone would enter the tavern to purge him of his bad mood.*
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Luc enters in a somewhat annoyed muttering about a door slamming in his face however a smile still on his face he closes the door behind him and passes by to Borgate he orders a small drink and sits on a stool turning to look over the bar he finally notices Eli and turns to say hello when Borgate yells for him to pay up
Giving a darkened glare at the dwarf he almost throws the coins at him but calms himself quickly handing them to him

" Lord Eli...You seem like sunshine today, Care to talk about it or perhaps talk about something to get your mind off it all maybe I'll buy you a drink or two?"

takes a sip of the drink he has looking over at Eli his eyes not really focusing on him more wandering the tavern still

" Gods....Always seems to be quiet when I come here anyway maybe we make enough chater others will show up and liven the party."
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*Chuckles drifting his gaze over Luc with a halfhearted smile trying to shrug away his dejection. After finishing off his water he levitates the empty goblet over his head resting it on the bar in front of Borgate who interjects,"Arr!"

Loosening up a bit he gives another chuckle turning his attention fully to Luc and responding in a lilting voice," Luc, when your married as long as I have been, not everything is a bed of roses. Just have to let off a little steam I guess. Aye, I remember the days when this tavern was filled with tunes of the bard, cheers of merriness, and friends chatting. Been awhile since I have seen anything truly entertaining in this old tavern. Anyway how are you doing?"

After speaking a reminiscing stare travels over the empty tables and chairs as he waits for Luc's response.*
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Smiles slightly listening to Eli nodding some to his words as he takes a rather generous gulp from his drink giving a grin and laugh at Borgates reaction to Eli's magic looking back to Eli fully now

"Doing well I guess , been mostly reading books researching things . I have been also having a bit of fun here and there like fooling a drunk person that a statue was talking to him I think. Uhmm Been trying real hard to keep up helping Mel with our Daughter Lenore shes a complete mommas girl already wants nothing to do with me makes the biggest fuss if I pick her up and not Mel."

Chuckles as he thinks on it , tilting the glass back finishing what he had and ordering another drink from Borgate tossing a few coins to him a little less nicely then before causing Borgate to mutter about annoying mages.

"But, I guess it is all worth the time spent into it like with my son Markus I hope to see how he grows up whether mage or merchant something whoknows.."

His voice slight trails off then start to drink from the glass a bit faster then before seeming to have relaxed looking to Eli

"Would be nice to hear a bard around here right about now ambiance to this tavern."
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila knew Eli was upset and assumed it had to do with the lizard she was talking to the other night but some of his reasoning seemed so unclear to her. She thought it may be the difference between elves and humans and he did see things more in the now...more immediate...yet wasn't that like all humans? Giggling as she unconsciously runs her hand across her slightly enlarged belly...almost protective as she mumbles..

I assume humans are also frustrated with elves.

Holding out her hand and concentrating she whispers in ancient "Trolls Bane" and smiles as a gate appears quickly stepping through without much thought as her gates usually have gone where she wanted them. Blinking at the unfamiliar scene she turns slowly around...

Where is this?

...right before seeing a Troll headed straight for her. Quickly mumbing again she makes another gate as fast as possible not really caring where at the moment as her face is flushed and legs shake with fear. Seeing the fireplace she takes a deep breath..

Well, at least this is better!

..before turning to see where she was. A warm smile then covers her face as she sees her husband first "Eli!" then turning to Luc "Greetings Luc, it is good to see you". Walking toward them a stray sibinac leaf lands on the floor.
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

One of the doors slowly cracks open ever so slightly, as a dark figure comes scampering into the room, low towards the the floor hoping to avoid detection. The lizard slips past the chairs and tables, hugging the wall as he does so, He comes to a stop, facing the fireplace with its row of chairs circled around it. With a muffled snicker, he crawls under the tables towards those at the bar. hopefully hidden now, if the others did not notice his entrance, he watches with great interest at Eli, and hearing his wife's voice, he starts to snicker again, clamping one of his clawed hands around it to silence himself.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*At the sudden appearance of his wife he jumps slightly. Usually the thunderclap and sudden appearances don't even cause him to flinch. Though today he was a little on edge and the result is clearly evident. Completely distracted by Kaila's abrupt arrival he doesn't even see the door emit a new guest.

After a hefty sigh he smiles to Kaila his forrest green eyes hidding something that she can no doubt see. Still he does his best to play it off and be sweet. All the while not knowing the dark creature scappering around the tavern was watching, waiting, and anticipating their every move. As he speaks up he might overlap Sssari's snickers.*

"Welcome love, mind if I have some of that sibanac?"
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

quickly moves his attention to the appearing mage as she enters in the tavern the appearance as well taking his attention from the door opening
furrows his brow at the sib leaf but says nothing on it

"Greetings Kaila You seem a bit ...well How are you doing today?"

Smiles to her unaware of the dark figure as he looks between Eli and Kaila
all the while sipping from his drink his eyes perk up slightly as he hears a noise looking behind him he eyes Borgate for a moment shruging it off as if the noise was from him
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Kaila stops before she reaches her husband with a hesitancy born on knowledge as she looks into his eyes possibly wanting to ask a question yet puzzlement abruptly replaces her usually open features growing more pronounced with his words before looking down and spying the sibinac leaf. Leaning forward, her mage robe opens to show a leather armor easily becoming tight in the belly...obviously not able to wear it much longer as she simultaneously speaks to Luc though still a little out of breath from her run before the final portal.

Oh.. uh.. well, fairly good Luc..my spells seem to be getting mixed and....

Abruptly stops talking and blinks still with knees bent and hand now on the stray leaf Kaila finally finishes her sentence whispering..

...possibly seeing shadows under tables?
Last edited by Kaila Galathil Travinus on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

The lizard freezes in fear, and slowly falls back, still trying to avoid detection so far, mostly due to his curiosity at how Eli and Kalia are feeling. As he falls back, he collides with one of the table's legs, jamming his tail dead on. With a yelp, Sssari skitters quickly from out under the hiding place, falling onto his back, only to grab his tail and message it, trying to dull the pain. His eyes look at his tail with a dulled stare that can only be explained by the sudden pain. After a few moments of pained yelps and hisses, he settles down, his limbs and tail slowly un-clenching. Sssari can only stare and blink at the other bar goers, embarrassment spreading over his features. He gives a little wave with a clawed hand at them all, and forces a smile, "Hello!"
Last edited by Sssari on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

jumps in surprise at the sudden commotion looking over and suddenly chuckling as he sees Sssari fall on his back then quirking a brow at him as he rubs his tail

"Sssari Hello! so uhm...hide under tables often?"

Chuckles again looking at him as if expecting an answer then leans back looking between the other two,
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*His eyes dart to the source of calamity, seeing the hunched over Sssari is shocking at first, enough to make him reach for his wand. Only after realizing it is Sssari he bursts out laughing. His hand relaxes on the grip of his wand. With Kaila before him he has to look around her to properly address his lizard friend and student,

"Sssari you should learn to be more careful my friend. In fact where did you come from!?"

*All worries of before the tavern dissolve into an amused grin. His eyes lighting up any hint of an ill mood vanquished by Sssari's antics. Even the old scars on his face might be less noticeable as he gives a genuine chuckle.*

"Did you want some help up? Your tail alright?"
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Abruptly seeing the shadow move..hearing something like a yell, Kaila becomes alarmed realizing it wasn't an hallucination as she quickly stands running over to Eli before turning around and holding her hand out..the ancient words on the tip of her tongue as the sibinac leaf flies up in the air. Finally seeing who it is, she quickly brings a hand to her mouth attempting to hide the uncontrollable giggling at the same time between breaths speaking in a soft voice

Oh.. Sssari.. oh.. I am sorry... that must be painful!
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

The still shocked lizard's eyes move slowly to each of them, still laying on his back, he hisses out mainly at Eli, "Eeee.....me alright....eeeek." He pauses to rethink his words, "Sssari fine..." He gives one last rub on his tail before rolling into a crouch, easing his lithe tail back behind him.
After sharing a quick chuckle, he responds to another one of Eli's questions, waving his hands around mystically, "Maaagic! Sssari was called here by gods...to...uhh...deliver message." He nods stoutly to him.
"But uhh....Sssari forgeted eet!" He gives a false frown, bowing his head and looking up to them with near tear filled eyes.
"But dat ok! Err...what going on?" He asks with a near wicked look on his face.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

laughs amused looking at Sssari

" Hey want a drink ill buy what do ya say Pal?

Looks at him with a smile and grin
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

The lizard nods his snout attentively at Luc, still holding a innocent look on his face as he patiently awaits the booze with only a lick of his maw or a wrinkling of his snout to signal his excitement. He turns his head to acknowledge Kaila with a smile, giving her a quick wink before focusing on Eli intently. His eyes seem to study his ever move, almost as if he is preparing for something.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Turns on his stool and reaches into a small money pouch on his belt after counting a few things he smiles and turns back to Sssari, again He looks between Eli and Kaila for a brief second reaching out his hand with the coins to Sssari

"Here takes this Ssari and get what you want I do not know what you like and get on a stool no need to just stand all over is there?"

Chuckles as her watches Sssari now waiting for him to take the coins.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Kaila's eyes sparkle seeing Sssari's wink as she teasingly speaks..

It is not good to forget a message from a god.

... then while Luc is talking, jumps up on the table ignoring Borgate's frown and sits crosslegged behind Eli leaving room on the stools for others. Unable to hold her question anymore she places one hand on his shoulder and leans forward to whisper...

What is the matter Love, are you still upset with me?