An Attempt at Assassination ((closed))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Slazf Kruvkva

An Attempt at Assassination ((closed))

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

The moon is hidden behind the thick nighttime clouds. A man walks along a small mountain pass on the way to Varishikar, shrouded in darkness. Not far behind, a crouched lizard follows in silence, darting along the rocky edge of the copper mountains. The lizard wears a tattered gray cloak; his visage is concealed by the hood, other than a grey bears that has grown about halfway down his chest. Underneath the cloak, some old, black leather armor can be seen. Blending with the shadows, he moves with haste, quickly approaching the man in the gloom ahead. As he nears the man, a crooked grin crosses his wrinkled face. "Tonight, my lord, you shall sacrifice your life for Bjolmur" ,whispers the lizard, in a windy, hollow voice without a hiss. The man is clad in blackened silversteel armor, and seems to be still unaware of the lizard's approach. Nearly a dwarf's height away from his target, the Lizard slowly unsheathes two blades. They are identical daggers, both appearing to be of ritual use. They are serrated, and wet with venom. He suddenly straightens himself, leaping through the air at his target, blades slashing downwards. "Die, Axim!"
Aurelius

Post by Aurelius »

Axim wheels around just in time for one of the blades to sink deep into his shoulder.

"Ugh!" Axim groans, wheeling around to face his enemy with a dagger stuck in his shoulder. He pulls it loose and throws it to the ground.

"Aha! A challenge eh! Good!" he says as he unsheathes two darkened blades and faces Lord Ruv. "I was wondering who would challenge me first!"

Lord Axim lunges toward Lord Ruv, kicking dirt in his eyes.
Slazf Kruvkva

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

Ruv draws back, snarling and hissing. After blinking several times, me opens one eye. Me sees his dagger on the ground. Frowning, he switches the remaining dagger to his right hand and leaps forward again, his dagger plunging for Axim's exposed upper neck. Axim bats the blade aside at the last moment, slashing at Ruv in return. Ruv sucks in his belly and spins to the side, the weapon grazes his ribcage. Me smiles wickedly "Hmm, fighting fate, are we?"
Aurelius

Post by Aurelius »

Axim bats the blade aside and strikes with his sword low to the legs. The blade grazes Ruv's leather armor and glances off of the breastplate.

Ruv slashes again with his dagger, and narrowly misses Axim's neck, as Axim dodges backward.

Recovering, Axim raises a blade, ready to go on the offensive when suddenly, a blinding pain echoes from his shoulder. The wound, which had been bleeding badly from the serrated blade, had quickly festered with a Green, foul-smelling puss. "Poison!" Axim thought.

A second throb of pain issues from his arm, causing him to drop his sword.

Ruv, watching this, grins menacingly, and steps up to quickly retireve the second dagger.

Axim swings with the other blade, making contact with Ruv's helm, knocking Ruv back a little.

"Pain!" Axim thought as the poison coarsed through his veins. Axim staggers back just a little as Ruv recovers and lunges for him. Ruv's daggers again slash at Axim's midesection, but glance off of the silversteel breastplate.

Axim tries to raise his blades to parry, but the he finally succumbs to the pain and drops to his knees, clutching his arms.

Ruv uses this opportunity to spring back to the fray, and slashes Axim's face, leaving a nasty scar.

Axim, Face and shoulder bleeding, feels the life ebbing from him. He finally, reluctantly says "I yield" and holds up one arm in defense.
Slazf Kruvkva

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

Me stands up. Grinning, the lizard spits out some bood and saliva.
"Hmm, you wish for me to have mercy for you? I could smite you where you lay! *Ruv hesitates* But, I shall not. You are in the favor of the lady. And surely it would do the guild's reputation no good. Just, do not dare try to overthrow the cult. It, it is for the best. I do not need to speak of the bitter death that would await you." Ruv picks up his dagger, and sheathes both blades. He reaches into his old cloak, his right hand coming up with an antidote. He waits for a moment, fropping the antidote beside the writhing man. Ruv slowly walks off along the dark path.
Aurelius

Post by Aurelius »

Axim picks up the antidote and gulps it down greedily. Tossing the bottle aside, he rests on the side of the dark road, feeling the poison and pain ebb. Smiling, Axim feels as if a great weight has been lifted from his shoulders.

Sunrise finds the road empty, save for some blood on the path, the only sign of last night's battle.