Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Town Guard of TB

Town Guard of Troll's Bane

Post by Town Guard of TB »

• OOC Note:
    This Topic is about proclamations of the 'Town Guard'.
    This is no place for discussions about the posts in here.
    Before you post anything here, please consider the option to send me a PM. Please do not spam this topic.

ImageThe Town Guard of Trolls BaneImage

Oath of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:
  • A Town Guard should not desire fame and fortune from his job, more so, the desire for safety of the Town he protects.
    In times of criminal direst and misfortune , a Town Guard must exert free will and base his actions on his own values. A Town Guard most follow his superiors but only if what is requested of them is within the basis of the Town Laws they uphold.
    A Town Guard must never turn his back on his fellow Comrades. Comradeship amongst members is a must.
    In times of trouble, it's the Town Guard's duty to be there no matter the problem or circumstances.
For your Brothers in Arms!

Members of the Town Guard:

Captain:
Jonathan Cain

Lieutenants:
TBA

Town mages:

Guards:
Elessar
Etherim Mingil
Jefferson Grey
Dahinar Sharpeye

Recruits:
Olaf Flaktreus
Angmor Gendalin
Dranis
Dellakim Thornbrae Littlethorn
Hucu
Altair White

Regiments of the Guard

Rules and Regulations of the Town Guard
  • The Town Guard is given the duty to protect and secure a peaceful heaven within the Town Borders.
  • The Troll's Bane Town Guard will act within the borders of Troll's Bane and within the laws of Troll's Bane. The guard will be observed by the ruling Archduke and/or the High Judge.
  • If any member of the Town Guard is seen unjustly extorting his power, please report his/her actions to one of the offending member superiors. Swift punishments will be in place depending on the validity of the report and the extent of the event in question.
  • The Town Guard of Troll's Bane was founded to enforce the laws of Troll's Bane and to protect the citizens of Troll's Bane inside the borders of the town.
  • In situations of emergency or an investigation the citizens are asked to obey the word of the Town Guard. Hindering them in their duty or resisting their decisions is prohibited. Most of the Guards who are given this esteemed position are fully capable of using this authority in the realm of reason. If you wish to participate in protecting the town and its citizens, you can apply for the post of a guard.
    A direct attack on any of the guards results in a permanent ban!
  • In most instances, Guards are generally asked to wait for a trial before deciding on the fate of a apprehended criminal. However, if the life of a citizen or the life of a guard is in direct danger, a criminal tries to escape or major rules of Troll's Bane are violated, the standing guard has several options available to him/her:
    a.) A temporary ban may be imposed, to secure the town until the High Judge has spoken,
    b.) The guards have the right to attack and even kill a criminal who tries to resist against a ban and poses a direct danger to the safety of town.
Laws and Responsibilities

At this time the Laws of Trollsbane are posted under another section of the Towns wall.
  • • All members of the Town Guard, be they recruit or full Guards are responsible to keep peace within the town and aiding all of those in need.
    • All members of the guard are responsible to see those not allowed within the towns walls are dealt with in a suitable fashion.
    • A full member of the guard is responsible to observe the recruits of the guard, monitoring their actions, and responding as they see fit.

• A recruit of the guard holds very little power to ban/imprison, and must seek a full guard to do these tasks. They may issue a simple ban of one dwarven day and are not given the privilege of holding a key to the Town Jail.
    • A recruit may draw arms in town if the need arises.

• A full guard may implement a ban of upto 10 dwarven days, to be advised and altered once the matter has been discussed.

• A full guard has the right to command a recruit and call a recruit to his aid.

• The Guard is not a Militia; they hold no power or rank outside of the Town Limits.

• The Guard is formed to aid Trollsbane, and holds no political stance.

• Members of the guard are to be respected as officials of Trollsbane, acting with the will of the Town’s Archduke.

Ranking system of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:
  • The ranking system builds as follows:
    Captain of the Town Guard
    (announced by the Archduke)

Lieutenant of the Town Guard
    (announced by the Captain. Deputy of the Captain)

Mage of the Town Guard
    (Recruits who have served a while and who have proven their loyalty will be made Mages by the Captain if they master the Arcane.

Guard of the Town Guard
    (Recruits who have served a while and who have proven their loyalty shall be made Guards by the Captain.)

Recruit of the Town Guard
    (Recruited by the Lieutenant, though the Captain has the last word)

Pay per dwarven month:
  • Captain: 30 silvers
    Lieutenant: 25 silvers
    Mage:: 20 silvers + mana potions when needed.
    Guard: 20 silvers + equipment when needed.
    Recruit: 10 silvers + equipment when needed.
Reports

Last edited by Town Guard of TB on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Town Guard of TB

Current list of prisoners
Name: Fox
Sex: Male
Race: Halfling
Jailing date: 21. Elos 27 ((20th of February 2009))
Reason: Leva" and suspected of being part of a bandits group.
Release date: TBA
Name: Finthril
Race: Elf
Jailing date: 19. Tanos 27 ((28 February 2009))
Reason: Charges on a parchment below.
Release date: TBA
Name: MO0002
Race: Orc
Jailing date: 19. Tanos 27 ((28 February 2009))
Reason: Charges on a parchment below.
Release date: (( 04 March 2009 ))
---

Wages and funds list

Current funds: 0 silvers
Dwarven month 1 ((01 March 2009 - 31 March 2009)): Abu Nasr, Elessar, Tirrend, Blake Thorn, Sssari Trisska

---

(( Please note, these lists can only be seen by members ranked guards, Lieutenant, Captain and Archuduke/duchess ))
Last edited by Town Guard of TB on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Town Guard of TB

Wanted people
Gesucht wrote:Name: Gramal Klarte
Race: Human
Reason: Fraud (Trying to sell buildings of Trollsbane)
Gesucht wrote:Name: Unknown
Reason: To answer some questions about a wildfire at the Westgate
Further Description: Big human, wears a blue robe, speaks the old tongue exclusively, assumed glassmaker by profession
Gesucht wrote:Name: Unknown
Sex: Unknown
Race: Lizard
Reason: Robbery, attacking locals
Additional Informations: Do not mistake this lizard for Ssari, they are different people
Gesucht wrote:Name: unknown
Race: Orc
Reason: Arson
Further Description: Very large, speaks the new language
Last edited by Town Guard of TB on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

BOUNTY

A bounty of 25 silver is offered for the elfess Phoenix who leads the The Society of the Free for her attack and attempted murder of Artimer Fault

A bounty of 10 silver is offered for the elf Sarien Oakleaf also a part of this Society for helping Phoenix to escape arrest and then himself escaping jail somehow.

Phoenix is especially dangerous...Sarien's skill is not known

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Town Guard of TB

Eli Travinus is temporarily the Captain of the guards. Blake Thorn and Altrix are under trial as Lieutenants and one of them will soon be promoted to Captain under the decision of Eli Travinus and Archduchess Joxia Doral.
Last edited by Town Guard of TB on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Town Guard of TB

Attention:

Let it be known that during my stewardship of the Town's Guard, as captain, there will not be a lax in security or protection of our fair city. I take the job as captain with revere and honor to those serving this position prior to me. Many great men and women have called themselves Captain and I only hope that the citizens of this great city find themselves a little safer tonight.

To insure that this is done with the utmost care and thought I will be keeping a close eye on our two lieutenants: Altrix and Blake Thorn. They are both capable men, but I do not take the protection of this town lightly. I want to be certain which one is most suited for keeping you safe in your beds, at work, and on the streets.

In partnership with the Archduchess I will be evaluating each of the men are certain criteria that is essential to a strong guard.
  • Clear understanding of the law, punishments, and hierarchy of Troll's Bane.
  • Respectfulness and courtesy to the citizens and inhabitants of the city.
  • Ability to insure the training and recruitment of new guards
  • Ability to lead and organize the guard to optimize the protection of Trolls Bane
  • Availability to handle managerial tasks necessary to the guard and the town.
  • Earnestness and devotion to the job and responsibilities.
  • Vision and plans for running and operating the town guard.
Now apart from that I am shocked by the lack of town guards listed on this board. So my first order of business will be for all people desiring to be a guard to send me a dove or write here. I assure you it will be worth your time to reply.

To any man with virtue and dedication to the protection of innocent lives it is your duty to sign up. If you need training it will be given, if you need equipment it will be supplied, and if you need purpose there is none higher.

Zhambra's Way,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Notice

If any member of the guard requires food, it will soon be available. The very dexterous cook Cassandria will be providing an array of delectable cuisines. These will be available free of charge for the needy guards.

Also, newer members of the guards that are still unable to afford their own quality equipment may be offered temporary equipment until they are well eased enough to purchase more exotic ones.

On a similar note, I would ask all guards and recruits to contact me by dove so we may arrange meeting times for training sessions. On the menu, visits to the graveyard, fierce animal hunting and summon creatures.

Last but not least, I would like to encourage members of the guards who also pursue other side hobbies or professions. If you are in need of raw material such as leather, thread, gems, rings, herbs, etc, do not hesitate to contact me. They will be provided to you at a very inexpensive price, almost free.

If you desire to become a member of the guards, do not hesitate to contact Blake Thorn, I am at your service and available any time of day.

Signed Blake Thorn
Lieutenant of the Town's Guard.
George Felandrus

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane

Post by George Felandrus »

Members of the Town Guard:
  • Captain:
    Eli Travinus (Temporarily)

Lieutenants:
    Altrix
    Blake

Town mages:

Guards:
    Amaria

Recruits:
Sorry, but I am a recruit and Earas, too. Please wright me on the board. Thanks.

George Felandrus
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Have you been recruited by Eli Travinus, Altrix or myself, or were you recruits from the past Captains?

In the latter case, there are no issues whatsoever, I'd like to meet with you both personally, we'll discuss for a moment and we'll arrange your recruitsmanship.

- Blake Thorn
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

George Felandrus and Earas,

Is there anyway you could meet me in Troll's Bane I would be happy to add you back to the guards list.

~Captain Eli Travinus~
George Felandrus

Post by George Felandrus »

I can come. ((7 pm?)) I sit in the tavern, or at the smitheshouses.

~George Felandrus~
Harman

Post by Harman »

Me too. In the tavern.

~Earas Suvin~
Town Guard of TB

Guards,

Please welcome back to the guard Earas Suvin and George Felandrus as recruits. They will be under Lieutenant Altix's command since they are aquainted with him. Earas was with the guard under Bailey Thunnigan. Hopefully, they will take their training seriously and move up the ranks quickly. Welcome them.

Zhambra's Blessings Upon Them Both,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Town Guard of TB

Announcement

To insure the leadership qualities and responsibilities of the future captain of the guard regiments have been formed. Listening to both Altrix and Blake it seems that both have similar ideas when it comes to organizing and training the guard. Lieutenants will be given a unit of five guards to train, supply, and patrol with.

Thusly, each lieutenant is given the power to recruit to the guard following the procedures and customs of Troll's Bane to prove their leadership qualities. The criteria will be outlined formally after the approval of the Archduchess is given. Until then only citizens of Troll's Bane may be given the opportunity to join the guard.

Payment and promotion are still the responsibility of the captain, but lieutenants may give recommendations of advancement.

Protect and Serve Gentlemen,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Sssari Trisska has been recruited under my command. He has been appropriately equipped and his training shall begin soon.

Lieutenant Blake Thorn
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

WANTED:

Dave Price is wanted for attacking Artimer Fault

WARNING:

Bandits have been reported in and around town as well at the graveyard. One was described as shirtless. If anyone has further descriptions or knowledge of who they might be please report it.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Elessar has become a recruit under my command.

He was equipped appropriately and has already begun his training.

- Blake Thorn
Town Guard of TB

Guard Welcome,

Tirrend has been added to our list of recruit guards and will be under the command of Lieutenant Blake Thorn. Furthermore, any of our recruits in need of weapons (serinjah), armor (full leather, half leather, chain shirt, chain helm), shields (cursed), and/or clothing can send me a dove or see me in person.

Opportunity!

The guard is in search of dedicated citizens that want to aid their city but cannot do so with a sword, dagger, mace, bow, or shield. Just as important as a good swordsman is his protective gear and fuel. You have the chance to return the service given to you by the guard. Here are the list of professions the guard needs and the experience.
  • Miner:
  • Smith: Ability to provide the guard with a variety of armor and weapons.
    • Heavy Armor: steel boots, steel gloves, red steel greaves, and Salkamaerian armor
    • Light Armor: blue steel greaves and light elven armor
  • Tailor: To further aid our agile guardsman with leather gear and provide the overall decor of the guard
    • wears: leather leggings, full leatherarmor/light hunting, and clothing.
  • Cook: sustenance to fuel the guard.
    • Dishes: rabbit meals or higher
The Archduchess has given her support to such ideas and any citizen willing to strengthen the guard may have a contract with the guard to insure your work does not go unrewarded. Apply here if you are interested.

Zhambra as Always,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Jason Felarion

Post by Jason Felarion »

If you want, then I will deliver you with the finest food. Ask around and you will see, that I am the best cook in Bane, you can search for.

I am able to deliver in big quantities with high quality. So I will be happy if I can support the guards.

Respectfully,
~Jason Felarion~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

I will gladly take Tirrend under my command as a recruit.

Please Tirrend, contact me by dove as soon as you can.

Also, I have plenty of food and equipment for recruits and guards that require it, don't hesitate to ask.

Even if it's something else you need, ask that too such as leather, thread, ores, and so on.

If you'd like to train too, I can help with that. Feel free to ask.

- Blake Thorn
Town Guard of TB

Welcome Again,

James Faros has been recruited into the guard after an interview with him. I am placing him under Lieutenant Altrix's command and he is excited to serve and protect. Let us welcome him and do our best to train him the right way.

~Lord Eli Travinus~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

An elf named Finthril is currently in jail. He will be detained until his trial begins.

He is a male elf, around his late teenage.

His charges are as following:

Assault
Concealed clothing
Defamation
Provocation
Resisting arrest
Threat and duress
Attempted murder

- Lieutenant Blake Thorn
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I want to thank the guards who helped with protecting myself and the guests from Lor Angur today and especially the handling of our local undead Oliver .

LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

At your service Archduchess!

A short orc has been arrested for 4 dwarven weeks. He has been baptised MO0002. The charges are as follows:

Disturbance
Assault
Concealment of identity
Resisting arrest & disobedience
Attempted murder of a guard

He is being held in the first underground cell and may be trialled.

- Lieutenant Blake Thorn
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Guards,

The dwarven month has ended and a new one has began, all guards should report to me for payment. Use the dove atop the signpost to send me a letter or see me around Troll's Bane.

Zhambra's Blessings,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Town Guard of TB

Welcome to the Guard,

We have two new recruits to the guard. They will be in need of training by their commanding officers and guidance on how to be a proper guard. Abu Nasr and Aeris have been deemed recruits of the guard. I am adding Abu Nasr to Lieutenant Thorn's command, and I am adding Aeris to Lieutenant Altrix's. I have given them food and novice training equipment. Until the town smith and tailor are fully operational I leave the rest to their commanding officers.

Loyalty and Justice,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

WANTED - ALIVE

Name: Dain Laiden
Charges: Assault and Resisting arrest.
He is hence banned from town for the duration of 2 dwarven weeks. (( Until the 14th of March 2009 ))

If he is seen in town, he is to either be subdued and jailed for the duration of 4 dwarven days or struck down and chased out of town if he refuses to cooperate.

If he does cooperate, his sentence will be reduced to 2 dwarven days.

- Lieutenant Blake Thorn
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

THE BAN ON MISTER LAIDEN HAS BEEN LIFTED HE PAID A FINE OF 25 SILVER AND HIS DEBT TO THE TOWN IS SETTLED

Town Guard of TB

Welcome to the Guard,

The lizardman Tak'Zel and the tall man named Endyl have expressed their interest in joining the guard. Tak seems to be quite skillful with a weapon and I am adding him to Lieutenant Blake's regiment. I am adding Endyl to Lieutenant Altrix's regiment. Welcome them and train them well.

Zhambra with Us,
Captain of the Guard,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

(( Could the orc "MO0002", Tirrend and Tak'Zel send me a PM please, thanks. :-) ))