The leaving..

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Shenandrea

The leaving..

Post by Shenandrea »

(( Closed RP ))

On her way back from Trolls Bane, she makes no noise as she walks through the forest. Finally Shenandrea steps among the last trees onto the small clearing, deep inside the forest of Greenbriar. She lets the two huge backs slide soundlessly down her shoulders towards the ground as she looks at the man, who's absolutely focused on the small girl. The girl, not older than three years with pale brown hair and slightly pointed ears sits infront of him, her face enlightened with joy as she speaks with her childish voiceMy turn! - I can see, what you -can't- see, and that is green!Shenandrea's face lightens up as she looks down at the girl, who hasn't even recognized her coming, her own voice soft, despite the distress that can be seen in the elfess's eyes at having a closer look. Green you say?- the girl instantly jumps onto her feet and runs towards Shenandrea, who extends her arms to gently pull the girl into a light embrace. Shenandrea shifts her weight as she pulls the girl up from the ground. Her hand slips down, propping the girl against her chest. Elarinya wraps her arms gently around the elfess's neck as Shenandrea moves towards the warmth of the campfire. She sees the question lingering in the man's eyes. She nods once to answer the unsaid question. Shenandrea almost habitual shifts the weight of Elarinya as she settles down on the ground, next to Raiquen and close by the campfire. Raiquen locks his eyes on Shenandrea's face to read her expression. Her expression on the surface soft and joyfull but underneath the masquerade for the girl, he can see her concern.Are you alright? - Can we?his question cut off as Elarinya prods Shenandrea's stomach and speaks demandinglyNow! What's green?Shenandrea starts to look around, searching for something green, as Raiquen extends his hand towards the girls hair to ruffle through it. With his charming voice and a teasing, mocking smile on his lips.-You- are a little interupter, little Miss.he speaks directly to her. Elarinya sticks her tongue out to him and pouts afterwards. Raiquen starts to chuckle as he looks at the girl Awww, come one Rin, don't pout you're a big girl!he says as his hand comes up to caress the girls cheek.And -you- are mean! It's -playtime-!she says determining.Now what about this footleaf?Shenandrea asks and the girl shakes her headNoooo!as she now looks at Raiquen. He looks around before he asks The hedge over there?he points at one not far away from them on the clearing. Elarinya shakes her head, giggling and leans back, almost falling over.Wrong!Shenandrea leans back against the bark of a fir as she continues to look at the girl, sitting on her tighs. The eyes of the girl growing wide with joy, as Shen leans back. The girl's head bounces up and down in a nodding motion. Raiquen folds his arms infront of him with a mocking expression.Now, that's unfair little Miss, no hints. Or do you think Shen is not smart enough to figure out what you have seen?he chuckles deeply. Elarinya settles her indexfinger against the corner of her lips, giggling in response to his words. Shenandrea tilts her head up to look at the green needles of the fir. Is it the fir needles?She asks as she looks back at the girl, who instantly claps her small hands together Yeeees!Shenandrea gently wraps her arms around the girl to tug her into a soft embrace.But now young lady, i have to talk to you. her voice soft as she begins to speak. She tilts her head down, resting it softly on the girls hair. Do you want to come with us, to a nice place? I've stayed there a long time ago. I think you'd like the place.Elarinya pulls herself back to look curiously at the elfess.What nice place? And will Mommy be there?she asks.We are going to see Learas and his wife Myrelle.Shenandrea hardly fights back her deep sigh and fights about her upcoming tension. She swallows a few times before she answers.No, Elarinya. I told you that you mother has a lot to do at the moment, but we soon will be back, i promise.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

The girl mutters some incomprehensible words, as tears dwell up in her eyes. Softly Shenandrea pulls the girl against her chest, rocking them both back and forth. She strokes the girls hair back behind her ear and starts to hum a soft lullaby. Raiquen extends his hand to settle it on the elfess's shoulder with a light squeeze. The cold air brushes through the trees, catching the flame of the campfire, Shenandrea gazes at the thrown out sparks, as they fly up into the sky. The girl snuffles directly at Shenandrea's shoulder. Instantly the elfess tilts her head down, to lean it against Elarinya's head. After a long time, Elarinya's hands slide off from the elfess's arm as she slowly drifts to slumber. Shenandrea keeps on rocking back and forth as she tilts her head towards the man, offering him an exhausted smile. Raiquen gently pulls the elfess close and she rests her head against his shoulder.You seem tired.He says softly. Shenandrea replies a quiet sigh at his words.I am, but there's no chance to get some rest before we arrive at our jouneys end. She says hesitantly.We soon have to leave towards the harbour, the ship will leave in a few hours. He gives a strange mocking sound at her words. His head tilts down to leave a gently kiss upon her hair.Alright. Is there anything we need, or is everything prepared?“ He asks into her hair.Everything is prepared. I have enough food for us, porbably for ten days, We will have to stay on board for a week, if the weather is against us. I have also got some extra clothes for us all. And if Learas wouldn't get my letter in time, we would have to walk a few hours, but that shouldn't be a problem.She answers him, her voice busy with details, as if she's trying to fight back her exhaustion. She pulls her head away from his shoulder again after some time to look at him. He attempts to pull her back towards his shoulder, but a shake of her head lets him drop his hand from her shoulder. So, what comes next? You trying to stay awake without rest until we have reached the place where our journey ends?He asks, his voice concerned.I don't want you to strain yourself that much. His expression pleading as he looks at her.
Shenandrea groans as her shoulders drop.
We have no time to discuss that, Raiquen. We really should leave the clearing and get to the harbour. she mumbles before she shifts Elarinya's weight and moves to stand.Can you please take these two bags?She asks him. She lifts one hand off from the girl's back to point at the bags. Raiquen raises with a mocking groan and quietly moves towards the bags. He picks them up from the ground and throws them over his shoulder. Shenandrea looks at him, her lips curled up into an excusatory smile as she passes him.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Raiquen answers her smile with a deep chuckle, though the walk to the harbour was quiet. They haven't talked a word since they left the clearing. Eventually Shenandrea looks at the man, estimating his mood and expression. She pulls her coat closer around the sleeping girl as the breeze begins to get stronger, the closer they were to the harbour. Soon they could hear the first dark voices of sailors lurking in groups around the harbour, enjoying some Beer and good food and the solid ground beneath their feet after weeks or months being on board. The first flagpoles can be seen and Shenandrea starts to walk faster, hoping that Raiquen would be able keep the speed. Upon reaching the harbour, her eyes flash around the pier, searching for a familiar face there. After a moment or two she turns to the right, following the pier towards a vessel.Ah, there you are, Marék. I hope you got my note at your arriving here.She speaks with a busy tone in her voice. The sailor with an eye patch over his right eye chuckled darkly at seeing her.Aye, and seeing that you're here just in time lets me think it's an urgent matter that brings you onto my boat again.Shenandrea gives him a warning look and shakes her head so fast that it could probably be seen by no one else but Marék. Raiquen steps up behind her, eyeing Marék suspiciously as he whispers.Are you sure you want to travel with this fellow?Shenandrea starts to laugh in reply to his whisper and answers him just as quietly I do trust him. He brought me here safely a few years ago, even if he doesn't look that trustworthy. It's just a matter of behaviour and money.Without waiting for Raiquen's answer, she takes another few steps forward towards Marék.I guess you have the money?Marék asks as his eyes flash around the passing sailors and other busy people. Oh, and that you're going to travel with us again. Most of my men will be glad to eat some of your cooked rabbit, if they figure out that it's you boarding, Shenandrea.Shenandrea shifts the weight of Elarinya and reaches out for a pouch on her belt. Easily she pulls it off and throws it at Marék who easily grabs it out of the air. Weights like it's the right amount. He says lightly. We are leaving as soon as you are on board. Liam just got back with some rabbits and other cooking supplies.His eyes stop shifting around as he looks at the girl in Shenandrea's arms.That's something new, eh? Who would have thought that our little tomboy grew into a caring mother.She shoots him yet another warning glare. Instinctively, she tenses at hearing the rough laughter of the sailors looking down from the vessel. She tilts her head as she feels hands settling on her shoulders. Raiquen had stepped behind her, his hands lifting up protectively to her shoulders upon hearing the rough laughter, his eyes narrowed. Upon seeing who's hands were there, she turns her attention back to the sailor in front of her.Do you want to get some lesson, or can we now board and leave?she asks him directly, her voice unusually hard. Marék begins to laugh his dark laugh and extends his arm, inviting them on board. As she passes him, Shenandrea leans in and whispers something to him Watch your tongue! Nothing about the past has to be spread. Tell it to them!she motions her head towards the men on deck before she walks up the plank. On board she pats a few shoulders of familiar sailors as she turns instantly towards the cabin door. Nothing had changed, since she last was on board. The door swung open with a loud rusty creak. The room behind the door was small and dim, still furnished like it had been the last time she was in there. In contrast of her memory though, the old looking bed had a new mattress and new bedding. Her eyes needed some time to get used to the dim light. She could feel Raiquen standing protectively at her back as she walks forward into the room. Raiquen pulls the door shut behind him, checking that it is closed. Shenandrea moves to the small window, covered with old dusty curtains. She pulls the curtains to the sides, starting to open the window. Her hand slips between the glass of the window and the window frame to push the folding shutter open. Instantly the light floods into the dim room, lightening it. Seems like you know them quite well.Raiquen's voice jolts through the quiet room. Shenandrea drags her coat off and lays Elarinya down on the small, and not that bad looking bed, like the one she remembered had been. I do. But it has been a long time. They will bring us as safe as we could be to where we want to go.She says before turning her head to look at him. He moves closer and settles the two bags on the small table at the opposite side of the room. Shenandrea sits down on the edge of the bed, resting her back at the wooden wall. She lets her shoes drop to the ground with a low thud, before she pulls her knees up towards her chest to wrap one of her arms around them. Her free hand moves down to caress the girl's forehead as Raiquen moves towards the bed. He sits down on the bottom end of it and smiles at her. „Get some rest. I will take care that no one interferes.He says softly to her, resting his palm on hers. Shenandrea chuckles and shakes her headEven after a couple of years they should remember that it wouldn't be a good idea to step in without permission. Raiquen pulls up one perfect eyebrow at her words and asks lightlyHow so?The elfess leans her head against the wall and rolls her eyes theatrically.I guess it will take hours to explain.She laughs lightly.But to say so, some of those men outside know how hard my fists can be or how much a dagger in their hand hurts.She looks at him, measuring his reaction almost cautiously. He hesitates at the words she speaks only to chuckle lightly. With a shrug, he sits back against the wall beside her and leans his head back before speaking stubbornly.Nevertheless... Get some sleep, Shena. I don't want you exhausting yourself.He looks at her warmly for a moment before winking and speaking in a light voice.And if any of those pirates try messing with you, they'll get to deal with me too.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Shenandrea laughs lightly at his words. She turns her head and brushes her lips softly against his shoulder before she speaks, definitely jesting this time. “Are we becoming brave?She tilts her head up with a wink. Raiquen pulls up one eyebrow as he looks at her with a smirk. Shenandrea chuckles lightly and lets herself easily slide down to lay down next to Elarinya. Within her chuckle she speaks lightly “Alright, alright. I obey. At least this time!” Shenandrea pulls the blanket over herself and Elarinya and rests her head against his side. He settles his hand upon her hair, brushing through it. Despite the noise of the sailors getting the vessel ready for outgoing into the twilight, she drifts to a peaceful sleep, cuddled against him.

A few hours later she wakes up, finding Raiquen asleep beside her. Carefully and quietly she sneaks out of the bed, trying not to let it creak. Both Raiquen and Elarinya shift in their sleep as she moves out. Hesitantly Shenandrea pulls the blanket lightly over them again. She bends down to grab her shoes before she turns towards where their bags are to get the daggers out of it. Lightly she sets one of her feet onto the table, tying the dagger sheath close above her ankle and repeats it on the other side before turning towards the door as her hand reaches out for the doorknob. Quietly she turns the knob around and supports the door with her other hand. The creaking sound of the door was quiet as she slips trough it to pull it shut behind her. She shivers as the cold breeze pulls at her hair, whirling it wildly around her head. A muttered curse spilled out into the darkness from her, rubbing her arms quickly as someone greets out of the shadows not far away. She quickly slides her shoes onto her bare feet. “
Ah, I already heard that it's ye, who's asked for travelling with us, Shenandrea.” It took her some time to comprehend who was speaking, as Liam attempts to move out of the shadow. His tall muscular but slender figure comes into sight as the full moon comes out behind a thick cloud. Shenandrea finally laughs crookedly. “Ah! Greetings there, Liam. Yes, I guess Marék told you to get a lot of rabbits, without explaining it, as usual...” She lets her light words trail off as Liam's rough laughter fills the air. He moves forward, closing the distance between them with an estimating look from her hairline to toes. “Ye look as beautiful as ye were the last time I've seen ye.” His lips pulled up into a broad smile as he speaks. “Time has been fair to ye.” Shenandrea groans at his words and purses her lips into a thin line before answering him. “As time does to all of us elves, don't you think Liam?” She shakes her head lightly with a chuckle. “Now what's your duty on board this beautiful night? Having the guard-job?” Liam shakes his head and whispers dubiously. “No, just got the order to have an eye on ye and yer companion.” Shenandrea pulls both of her eyebrows up at his whisper. Hesitantly she speaks in a low voice. “An order? From who? Marék?” The few questions blur out of her mouth before she hesitates again, waiting for his answer. “Not exactly, from him.” He shifts his weight in an uncomfortable manner as he attempts to settle one hand upon her shoulder, which she allows him to do. “It was more Stephens request. See, he's still holding a grudge about losing a fight against ye. He's wondering if ye have changed during the years. But Marék agreed to have someone to have an eye on ye. And they all know that i'm the last person ye'd grow suspicious of.” He groans before he speaks in addition. “See Shenandrea, no one has forgotten how ye came on board. We all remember the elfess, clinging desperately on our ropes, trying not to lose her grip on it as we were leaving the harbour where ye now want to go off board this time. And how tomboyish ye acted after being pulled up on board and being allowed to stay. And the fearful stare ye gave looking back to where we came from, as if something was haunting ye.” Shenandrea tenses instantly at hearing 'their' sight of her coming on board for the first time. She leans quietly against the door, listening for any sign of one being awake in the room before she turns to Liam again. Her voice had a warning undertone in it as she hisses. “Be careful now, Liam. One thing hasn't changed to be sure. I'm still able to handle my daggers and my fists, like I did the last time. Even better! So tell anyone that they have to be cautious speaking about the past!” Liam chuckled roughly before speaking “Now come on darling, don't be mad at me. I won't cause ye or anyone around ye any trouble. I just want ye to know to be cautious 'bout Stephen.” She answered him with a brief nod. “Thanks!” As her eyes flash around all those lingering men, she finally gazes up at Liam. “Now, could you get me some logs for the hearth and everything I need for cooking your favourite?” she asks almost commandingly as Liam moves at once to gather everything she needs.

Shenandrea turns to walk towards the ladder and climbs down. She narrows her eyes at the torchlight before she settles in front of the hearth, waiting for Liam to come with everything she needs. Not long after, she heard Liam stumbling down the ladder, his arms full with things as he comes closer. Shenandrea attempts to raise from the stool just a second too late. Liam was already at her side, setting everything on the small working table next to the hearth. Busily she reaches out for the sharp knife, cutting the rabbit meat into pieces as she does with the onions, carrots and everything else she needs as Liam lights the fire in the hearth. At hearing someone stomping down the ladder she turns to look who's coming. Her shoulders tense as she spots Stephen. He was still the huge bulk of a man she remembered, standing about 6.5 feet high, with shoulder long unkempt brown hair framing his face besides his unshaved messy beard. He was definitely the last person she wished to see but awareness brought her to move her head into a greeting nod. His eyes squint into a glare as he sees her, not answering her nod. He grunts angrily as he turns to stomp loudly upstairs again. Meanwhile Liam has set the pot with some water onto the hearth and it started to boil so she turned her attention back onto her work.

Soon after every ingredients were in the water, the smell of the rabbit stew fills the small on board kitchen, ascending up on deck. She was able to hear muffled voices coming closer to the ladder. And soon she heard one voice in particular. “Eh! Liam, what are ye cookin' this time. Tis smells delicious and not like yer cooking-skills!” a loud dark laughter from a couple of men upstairs can be heard. Oh come on guys! Don't ye dare! But ye're right, it's not I cookin'.” he shouts up. Someone came down the ladder, sniffling the air and giving a hungry growl. Shenandrea gazed up at him from her sitting position, not stopping to stir around the stew. The one downstairs was absolutely unfamiliar to her. He had the same figure like Liam, except for almost white long hair, probably bleached by salt water and sun, tied by a leather band in his neck. His icy blue eyes stung out his sun tanned face. A broad smile lets his lips twitch up at gazing down at Shenandrea and then into the pot with stew. Liam reaches out for some wooden carved bowls, handing them to her. Shenandrea starts to fill the stew into the bowl and hands it to the man. As she does so she speaks lightly “Tell them meal's ready, but no brawling! Else i'll stop serving the stew at once. Only one's allowed to come down at a time!” She chuckles at seeing the disbelief in the man's face as he turns to climb up again. Moaning can be heard from upstairs as he tells them her command. But besides the usual behavior of those men, they obeyed. Most likely because of the outlook of some fresh stew.

An hour or two later, every man on deck was fed and Shenandrea stretches herself. “
This went quite well. No broken noses, no black eyes.” She speaks lightly as she moves to stand. And I can guess what time it is. I think it's time to sneak into my..erm...our room again.” She turns to leave Liam with a sulking face behind. At reaching the ladder she tilts her head to look over her shoulder “Oh come on Liam! Are you a sailor, a pirate even, or are you a boy who needs to sulk?” Liam shoots her a jesting glare as she turns back to climb up the ladder with a light chuckle, taking no care if he follows or not. Dawn has started as she looks around at deck into the dim light. Some of the men on deck were still awake, some still munching on the stew, taking as long to eat as if it's something precious to be rationed. She sneaks back into the room. She turns towards the door to support it being shut quietly. After the door being shut, she hesitantly turns around, hearing only one light snoring sound. She was able to tell from who of the two, even with closed eyes. So much she has grown attached being around the girl. She wouldn't admit these thoughts to anyone if asked. She shrugs one shoulder apologetically as she looks at Raiquen, sitting upright on the bed, seeing his blank expression. Quickly she moves to his side and sits down next to him on the bed. “Where were you? I woke up hearing strange voices on deck and found the space between Elarinya and me empty.” He looks questioningly at her as he speaks. Shifting aside to let her take a seat beside him, he turns his unsettled eyes away to the door she had closed behind her. He grunts once at the muffled sounds coming through the door of the men on board moving around. Without giving Shenandrea the chance to explain herself, he pulls himself up straight on the bed and extends his arms to wrap about her in a casual embrace. Careful not to jostle the young girl curled tightly in the blankets, he gently tugs the elfess into his lap as his chin comes down to rest on her shoulder. “And how much longer do we have on the boat?” He pauses for a moment, just long enough to let a completely audible growl be heard from his stomach. Blinking once, he lifts his chin to sniff at the air, catching the lingering smell of the rabbit she had cooked earlier. Huffing lightly, he peers up to the elfess’ face with a wry smirk as he grumbles. “I hope whatever you cooked, you saved some for me…
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Shenandrea, just about to answer him, hears his stomach growl and chuckles amusedly. She shifts in his embrace and tilts her head to leave a kiss on his cheek. “Seems like I have fed all those pirates but without a reason forgot to bring some food for the two most precious. There's still some stew left, down in the kitchen.” She speaks as Elarinya shifts and stretches herself in her sleep, close to waking up. Both of them look at her as Raiquen chuckles huskily in reply to her words. Shenandrea shifts in Raiquen‘s embrace at last, this time to free herself from it. Raiquen grudgingly lets her slip out of his arms and looks at her as she moves to stand. She looks at the girl waking up and speaks lightly “ I will get some stew for you and her.” She brings her hand to his cheek, caressing it before she turns to leave, causing him to smile slowly as his eyes close to the touch. Silently opening the door with a quiet creak, she slips out, leaving the door ajar she walks towards the ladder. A few minutes later she comes back, balancing two bowls on a crudely improvised tray. A soft smile comes across her lips as she sees Elarinya sitting up straight, next to Raiquen as he tickles her with a broad grin on his lips. She gives the door a bump with her hip, knocking it closed as she clears the distance between herself and the two. She settles herself down on the bed, handing one of the bowls and a wooden spoon to Raiquen. Lightly, she then speaks towards the girl “Good morning, sleeping beauty. I hope you had pleasant dreams.” Elarinya giggles as she crawls over the crumpled bedding towards her, escaping Raiquen‘s lap as he busies himself with the food.. “You must be starving, Rin. You slept so long.” Shenandrea says as she hands her a wooden spoon for the stew. With a soft smile, she brushes through Elarinya's light brown locks while the girl eats. Casually then, she answers Raiquen‘s earlier question. “A few more days. The wind seems to be well with us. As far as I can tell we're moving faster than we normally would.” She pulls her eyebrows thoughtfully together for a brief moment before shaking her head afterwards as if to shoo bad thoughts away. Raiquen looks at her, seeing her shaking her head. His expression changes as he speaks his upcoming question mildly. “What is it?” She was able to hear the unobtrusive tension in his voice. “Nothing, just being curious. I will talk to Liam later about it. Most likely it's my lack of sailing knowledge that makes me think that we're too fast. Not that I mind getting off board as soon as possible.” she says, before she moves to stand and reaches out for a dress in one of the bags. She grabs a few other things out of the bag, setting them on the table. After finishing her preparation, she turns to look at them, leaning on the edge of the table beside the things there.

Patiently she waits until Raiquen has finished his stew before she suddenly gestures towards him in a shooing manner towards the door. “
I don't want to be rude, but I think it's time for the man to leave the room.” She speaks with a broad, jesting smile. “Time for the two women here to get dressed.” Raiquen grunts before setting the bowl aside and folding his arms in front of his chest with a smug smile on his lips as he shakes his head. Before having the chance to speak, Shenandrea stands and moves to his side, tugging on one of his arms. “Oh come on! Could you be nice now? It's enough that they saw me in a dress and I don't want to ruin it while we’re on board.” Her voice is pleading as she speaks, still tugging on his arm. He flashes her a crooked smile before he lets himself be dragged to his feet and finally off towards the door. With a jesting tone, he speaks” Eh, that's truly rude? Do you know how -cold- it is out there?” Shenandrea pulls the door open and points demandingly outside. As she speaks, she emphasizes the only two words she speaks “ Out. Now.” Again she doesn't await his answer as she gives him a light push on his shoulder to get him out. He obeys her demand, groaning loudly as she shuts the door behind him after she blew a kiss to him. With a quiet, moody huff, Raiquen turns to glare at the door before shrugging and moving up to the stairs. Shenandrea turns to look at Elarinya making drumming tunes with her bowl and spoon. She laughs lightly and walks fleet-footed towards the girl. The elfess turns about with the girl a few times before settling her down on the table. She pulls the girl’s shirt over her head and lets her put on a new one after washing her face. Shenandrea pulls the girl’s trousers down and hands her a new pair to wear. While the girl slips into her pair of trousers, Shenandrea undoes her dress and slips out of it quickly, just to slide on a loose white tunic and brown trousers, keeping the daggers still tied to her ankles. She folds her dress and Elarinya's clothes and puts them back into the bag.

With a joyful laugh, she pulls the door open and watches the girl dart outside ahead of her. She pulls the door shut behind her then, constantly keeping an eye upon Elarinya as they move up to the deck. Upon spotting the two, Raiquen steps up behind the elfess with a grin. He wraps his arms around her shoulders and pulls her close, letting her lean her back against him. He rests his chin upon her shoulder, his eyes closing contentedly. The deck was empty, apart from a few men working on their duty on board. It was easy to look after Elarinya as she skipped around before them. As the girl darts to a ladder leading upstairs to the boat bridge, Shenandrea easily sways out of Raiquen's embrace to follow the girl. She gives a brief glance up, attempting to see who's upstairs as she pulls the girl up to her chest. Shenandrea reaches out for the handrail and climbs upstairs, shifting the girl’s weight at times. Reaching the top of the stairs, she glances to the man standing at the wheel. A smile crosses her face as she nods in greeting. “
Good morning, Liam” she speaks lightly, patting the man's shoulder. Liam holds the wheel with one hand in place as he turns to look at them. He laughs then as he looks at Shenandrea with the girl in her arms. “Eh, grown tired of wearing dresses, coming back to usual habits?” he speaks, his voice full of a light jest.“Now ye look like the Shenandrea I remember.” He turns his attention to Elarinya. “And who might ye be, most beautiful of all on this boat?” Elarinya shakes her head with a giggle and hides her face against Shenandrea's shoulder. “Guess she won't answer you.” Shenandrea speaks lightly with a grin. She shifts Elarinya's weight again and looks up at him questioningly. “Am I wrong or are we traveling faster than normal?” Liam laughs and points towards the direction where they came from. “See those clouds? You aren't wrong about that. There had been a storm close to the island and the wind's enough to make us sail faster. At this rate I think we'll arrive in two days.” He speaks pulling the wheel lightly back to it's former position. Shenandrea pats his shoulder as she says lightly “Great! I guess you'll all be glad to have me off board again.” before she turns around, heading towards the ladder again. She lets the girl down on the ground as she reaches the bottom stair. Elarinya quickly runs across the deck towards Raiquen, who scoops her up into his arms and swings her around to his shoulders, a quaint game they had created over the past few days. With a warm smile to the elfess stepping down from the stairs, he strides forward as Elarinya tugs at his hair. A question flicks across his eyes, which causes her to smile as she responds knowingly, “Two days.
Last edited by Shenandrea on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

The days on board passed in a habitual organization of the day for Shenandrea. Waking up long before Raiquen and Elarinya, preparing their breakfast, playing with the girl on deck, drawing, story telling. And then in the evenings she spent a few hours in the kitchen providing the crew with fresh made meals. Early one morning, she wakes up because of a muffled loud voice outside. Quietly, she slips out of the bed and outside, hurrying up to the deck. She tilts her head up at another yell “Land in sight! Make yourself ready! Land in sight!” Her feet bare, she rushes towards the ship’s bow and gazes over the sea into the direction one of the pirates points to. She turns after a moment with a relieved sigh and walks back to the cabin. Inside, she quickly moves to the bed and kneels down next to it, drawing herself near Raiquen as he continues to sleep. Softly she caresses Raiquen's cheek as she whispers to him.” Good morning, love. Time to wake up, land's in sight.” She leans in, bringing her lips to his and leaving a soft, lingering kiss on them. As he shifts in his sleep, stirring awake with a grin, she pulls herself back with a light chuckle. Seeing his enjoying smirk, she repeats kissing him briefly before attempting to pull back again. Then Raiquen shifts and reaches up with his hand, sliding it slowly around her neck to hold her there as he presses into the kiss. Shenandrea nudges him lightly then and Raiquen hesitantly loosens his tight embrace but keeps his arm around her so that she can't move to sit straight. “Have I heard right? Land's in sight?” he asks before he chuckles mockingly. Shenandrea brings her hand to his cheek again and nods as her fingertips stroke over his skin. “Yes, so I've been told. Now let me get our things ready.” she says before leaning down again to leave yet another kiss on his lips. He releases Shenandrea grudgingly as she pulls away. She moves to stand and turns around towards the bags, settling everything inside. Raiquen shifts to the edge of the bed and raises with a large yawn, watching her for a moment before chuckling. He steps up behind Shenandrea and rests his hands against the side of her shoulders, pulling her close to his chest as he gives them a gentle squeeze. “A nice thought of finally leaving the vessel.” he speaks, breathing the words warmly against her neck. A shiver runs down Shenandrea's spine as she hesitates in packing the bags. Her gaze drifts from the bags over to the window. She leans her head back against his shoulder for a moment before groaning softly and muttering “We won't be able to get off board if you keep distracting me like this.” Raiquen presses his lips once more onto her neck, a sly smile on his lips, before he lets his hands slide down her arms and turns back to the bed to wake Elarinya up. Shenandrea exhales in relief as she returns to packing everything in the bags. Once done with packing, she turns around and gazes at the two with a soft smile before she turns to head out of the room and back to the bow of the ship.

She gazes ahead past the ship’s bow to where the land had come closer during the time she was inside. Liam steps up behind her, clearing his throat quietly to get her attention. At the sound, Shenandrea turns around and flashes him a bright smile, her expression curious and excited as she speaks questioningly.”
How long do we have until we arrive? I'm longing to feel the solid earth underneath my feet again.” She laughs lightheartedly as she glances down to her feet, moving the bare toes. Liam joins her laughing as he follows her gaze. “One, maybe two hours if ye ask me.” He then looks cautiously at her, his expression changing as he ponders about something left unspoken. Shenandrea gazes up at him in the brief silence, seeing his cautious look. Her good mood changes into tension for a moment before she manages to speak lightly again. “What is it?” She follows Liam's gaze towards the now clearly visible island. “Nothing really, just ye're leaving this boat soon. I wish there was more I could do. And I really hope that ye find the joy and happiness in life, ye deserve it.” Liam offers her a last fond smile before he turns to scoot off to the stern.

Shenandrea turns to face the island again after a moment. She laughs into the strong wind that rolls over the water from upcountry. The wind pulls her hair wildly up and around her head before she hears someone approaching her. Even the strong wind couldn't tune out the high giggles of Elarinya. Shenandrea takes a last deep breath before she turns to look at them. Elarinya was sitting high up on Raiquen's shoulders again as he strode forward, being safely held by him. All three come together at the bow, contentedly gazing towards the island awaiting their arrival. Soon the pier came into sight and Shenandrea extends her arm, waving to the man standing at the end of the pier. Learas still looked like he had when she has left them behind, making her way towards Gobaith. His long white hair was bound at his neck with a leather-strap. She was able to see his tall, muscular shape despite wearing his usual white robe and fitting trousers. Across his shoulder he had his fine crafted ebony bow and quiver of arrows. As the vessel finally landed, she reaches out for Elarinya, taking her from Raiquen‘s shoulders carefully. Shenandrea settles the girl onto her hip as they all walk back to the cabin. Shenandrea glances once more through the room, searching for forgotten things. With everything seeming to be in place, she turns her attention to Raiquen with a warm smile, asking him. “
Could you again take our bags, please?” Raiquen smirks as he reaches out for the bags, rolling his eyes as he flings them comfortably over his broad shoulders before speaking sarcastically, “Sure, I'll play the burro again.” The three then leave the room, laughing at the brief exchange. Reaching the plank and seeing all the men standing on the small place there, Shenandrea tenses and shifts Elarinya's weight to her other side. She stops in front of Marék, facing him before her voice becomes busy again as she speaks. “Thank you Marék, it was a pleasant time traveling with you and your men. Maybe we will get the chance to meet you again on our way back to Gobaith.” She can hear Raiquen gritting his teeth as she speaks, having come to a stop protectively at her side despite being weighed down by the bags. “Are you around here in a few weeks?” she continues, still looking at the man in front of her. “We are not supposed to take travelers with us, Shenandrea. Usually we want to stay alone and in private. But weighing how much you've payed....” His words trail off as he sees her warning glare, only to quickly clear his throat before he continues.” Nevertheless, it was a pleasure seeing you again. And yes, maybe we will be around. Just send me a note. If we are here, we'll pick you up.” Shenandrea inclines her head to him as she reaches out for Raiquen's waiting hand, his fingers curling around her own as they turn to leave the vessel. Down at the pier she exhales in relief and turns to wave to them. She shouts a “Farewell” up to them before she turns to leave the landing towards Learas. Raiquen remains silent, watching the top of the ship’s deck for a moment before he furrows his brows and follows after Shenandrea. As they approach the elven men, Raiquen purses his lips and forces his face into a casual calm.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Shenandrea inclines her head, this time in a polite almost reverential manner as they finally reach Learas. She keeps her voice respectful as she speaks. “ Be greeted, Learas.” She brings her right hand to her chest, moving it up to her forehead before she straightens again. His voice, almost melodic in its tone, is quiet as he speaks. “Be greeted as well, Shenandrea. It is nice seeing you again after so long.” He copies her movement before he turns his attention on Raiquen and Elarinya. “I assume you are Raiquen. Forgive me my boldness but Shenandrea wrote so dearly that I already feel as if we are friends. Be greeted as well.” Afterward, he inclines his head in greeting. Raiquen glances briefly to Shenandrea, hesitating before giving a casual smile and speaking up. “Yes, I'm Raiquen. Raiquen Heise, conveniently at your service.” He gazes at Learas for a moment before he bows awkwardly beneath the bags. Elarinya rests her head against Shenandrea's shoulder as she gazes curiously at Learas. “And you are the little girl Shenandrea wrote me so lovingly about. Be welcomed here as well, Elarinya.” The girl looks at him, a shy smile on her lips as she leans against Shenandrea. Shenandrea brings her hand up, softly caressing Elarinya's cheek. “You're right Learas. This is Elarinya.” Learas nods once, offering them all a welcoming smile before motioning with one smooth action of the hand as he leads them to the horses.

Elarinya's mouth falls open in astonishment as two beautiful white horses with long silvery-white mane and tail and a huge black stallion come into their sight. Learas reaches out for the reins, gently drawing one large white stallion around as he speaks up to Raiquen. “
This one is for you.” Raiquen steps closer with a grin and looks at the beautiful white horse before slowly extending one hand towards the beast‘s nostrils. Learas smiles before turning to Shenandrea, handing her the reins of the black stallion. “There you go Shenandrea, ride on his back. I can recall how much joy you had riding him last time.” he says fondly. Shenandrea bows, speaking before straightening again. “You're too kind Learas. I won't reject your offer.” Raiquen moves to swing himself up on the horse's back after having settled the bags on the back of the saddle, gathering the reins in one hand. Shenandrea grabs Elarinya's waist to lift her up to him with a light joyful laugh, letting him pull the girl up before her with one strong arm. Then Shenandrea fleet-footedly closes the distance between her and the black stallion. He snorts once as she rests her forehead briefly against his blazed face. Easily, she swings up and settles herself on his back, as if she had done so all her life. She grabs his mane lightly instead the reins with one hand, directing him to stand next to Raiquen's horse. Shenandrea reaches out for Elarinya again, pulling her forward and settling her in front of her between her thighs, keeping her safely there. Learas laughs easily as he watches the three. His voice is almost a murmur but clearly understandable as he speaks. “Let us get home. Myrelle is waiting. She is longing to see you, Shenandrea.” He then urges his white horse into a walk before the two follow his example. Before long, Shenandrea is the one setting the speed. She pulls Elarinya close to her chest with one arm as she kicks the stallion into a faster pace, galloping in long strides. Her hair fluttering in the air, pulled into all directions by the horse‘s speed. Joyful and eased laughter can be heard from her and Elarinya as they widen their lead from the two males. A few minutes later she looks over her shoulder, seeing the wide distance between them and the other two. She motions the stallion to turn around as Raiquen clicks his tongue, his horse cantering easily up to Shenandrea‘s side as he gives a low chuckle. The both of the males soon make up their way towards them before all together ride on to the west. After an hour, they arrive at Learas' home. Myrelle, who has always been able to know when her beloved husband comes home, stands expectantly outside.

Myrelle waves as they all come nearer, a gentle grin on her lips. Shenandrea lets her eyes travel along the borders of Learas’ estate before settling them finally upon Myrelle. Reaching the fence, she easily slides down from the black stallion’s back and reaches up to tug Elarinya close to her side. Myrelle's warm and melodic voice draws Shenandrea's interest upon her almost instantly. “
Ah, you are finally back. Be greeted Shenandrea. It's so nice to have you back here. Why haven't you come to visit us earlier? We were longing to see you again.” Shenandrea blushes and inclines her head before she speaks. “Thank you Myrelle for your caring welcome. I am glad that we can stay here. And yes, I also longed to see all of you again.” Elarinya shifts and leans forward. She pulls on Shenandrea's sleeve and speaks silently “Down, please.” Shenandrea chuckles lightly and leaves a kiss upon the girl’s head before she sets her down. The three others join into Shenandrea's chuckle as Elarinya darts off towards the young goat kids. Shenandrea takes a step to the side then and points to Raiquen, who casually slides one arm around her waist as she speaks. “Myrelle, this is Raiquen. I assume Learas has already told you everything I wrote in my letter.” Myrelle giggles and nods towards Shenandrea before she inclines her head politely to Raiquen. “ Feel welcome here as well. A friend of Shenandrea is always welcome.” Raiquen grins charmingly and bows to Myrelle before lifting his arm and settling the hand upon Shenandrea's shoulder as he gives an easy chuckle and mutters, “I might be interested to see what was said in these letters…”. Myrelle grins and turns before walking through the gate, motioning for them to follow “Come, come, you all must be starving already.” She says as she reaches the door frame. Then she turns, giving a laugh as she sees Elarinya skipping away from the goats before speaking lightly. “I guess we have to get her a bath and new clothes first, however.” Elarinya makes her way back to them, covered with mud all over her front. The light concern on Shenandrea's face from hearing Myrelle's words soon fades into a broad smile as she hears Elarinya's joyful laughing. “Yes Myrelle, I guess you won’t let her in when she’s covered like that.” Myrelle laughs lightly and Shenandrea picks Elarinya up, holding her far away from her body as she steps through the door frame. Raiquen, who had been standing back with a laugh, grins crookedly as he winks to Elarinya. He then quietly steps after the women as Shenandrea moves into the back of the house where the bathroom is and starts to drag Elarinya's clothes off. Myrelle sets to work in the kitchen to get the food ready for Learas and Raiquen before she follows Shenandrea to the bathroom, helping her to set up a bath for the girl.

Laughing can be heard from the bathroom as the girl splashes the water around and at them. Half an hour later, all three leave the bathroom to join the men, who are deep in a conversation. Shenandrea lets Elarinya sit on her lap, waiting for the girl to finish her meal before she settles her down again and eats her own meal. Curiously Elarinya starts observing the room. Eventually she looks questioningly to Shenandrea, reassuring herself that she's allowed to as she moves from place to place. Raiquen casually shifts his attention from Learas as they finish their meal, grinning fondly as he watches Elarinya explore the room. Then he gives a satisfied sigh, leaning back carelessly to slide an arm about Shenandrea’s shoulder.

The day passed on and they eventually moved from the inside of the house to the porch. Elarinya stays away from the young goats this time, having learned her lesson from the bath. Instead, she settles herself in the grass and tugs countless different flowers up to fashion them into a bouquet. Learas breaks the conversation he had been carrying on with Raiquen, rising from his position on the porch as he moves toward a small shelter nearby. Soon after, he comes back, having a board and two ropes in his hand as he walks to a tree across the garden. Easily, he climbs up the tree and adjusts the ropes securely around a bough. He ties the ends of the rope around the board, creating a crude but sturdy swing. Then he glances to Shenandrea, waiting for her reaction with a grin. Shenandrea offers him a soft smile and nods. He closes the distance between him and Elarinya and lifts her up, carrying her to the swing and lets her sit upon the board, giving her a light push. Elarinya bursts out in joyful laughter as she sways. Myrelle leans closer to Shenandrea, giving her a questioning look as she follows her gaze towards the girl. Lightly and only audible to her, she asks. “
You'd love to have a daughter of your own, right?” Shenandrea blinks twice and grits her teeth before giving Raiquen a brief glance as stands with his back to them, leaning against the balustrade as he gazes over the surrounding land. She swallows first before shifting on her stool to look at Myrelle, hardly able to keep herself from grimacing as she sighs quietly.

She leans closer to Myrelle then as the other elfess reaches out for Shenandrea's hand. “
It is not the right time to speak about this, Myrelle. Sure, it will be a hard time to give her back to her mother, but Elarinya's not my daughter so this shouldn't be much of a problem. At least I won’t make one out of it.” She takes a deep breath, hesitating before she speaks on “See, so much has happened the last few years that I don't think it would be good to be with child right now. Not that I don't wish to have one and if it happens, I won't change it. But I guess it's the gods decision not mine or ours.” Shenandrea turns her attention to Elarinya then, who squeals joyfully and shouts her name. She shifts to stand and walks over to the tree. “More!” Elarinya squeals to Learas. “More!” and Learas keeps on pushing her lightly. Elarinya gives a brief glance to Shenandrea as she holds herself tight on the ropes. “That's fun!” Elarinya giggles. Shenandrea walks across the swinging girl in a broad arch, to avoid running into her as she reaches Learas and settles her hand upon his shoulder. Learas gives her a brief glance and a warm smile as she speaks. “Thank you Learas, for giving her this untroubled time.” Shenandrea then walks back to the balustrade, staying downstairs this time. Raiquen turns at last, his hands carelessly shoved into the pockets of his trousers as he steps around behind Shenandrea. Lifting a hand up, he casually strokes his fingers through the elfess’ hair before tilting his chin down slightly. She shifts to stand on her tiptoes as Raiquen leans down, pressing one soft kiss upon her lips.

The daytime passed from noon to afternoon, from afternoon to evening. Finally, they all moved inside the house again as dusk begins, the sun setting low behind the horizon. After dinner, Shenandrea rocks Elarinya to sleep, watching her for a long time as she sleeps soundly. At times, Shenandrea caresses the girls locks and cheeks fondly. She uses the time to think over Myrelle's and even Ayla's words about having a child on her own, only sighing as she finally settles Elarinya down beneath her covers. As she walks out of the room, she folds her arms around her stomach as she walks through and across the main room to where the other three adults are settled. She settles next to Raiquen who pulls her into a soft embrace contentedly, only to place his lips carefully against her shoulder in a kiss. They stay up until long past midnight, talking and enjoying the quiet company of one another. Little has been revealed of Shenandrea's past and the time she spent on Gobaith. Straightening up after a while, Shenandrea starts writing a letter while they all talk. As she finishes her writing, she folds the letter, sealing it with some wax before letting it stay on the table. On top of the letter is the name Ayla To'lorn clearly written. Soon after, they all eventually decide that it's time to get some sleep and part into their own chambers. Shenandrea pulls the curtain around Elarinya's bed closed before going to sit down on the edge of the other bed she shares with Raiquen. Raiquen reaches out for her shoulders and pulls her up into his lap. He wraps his arms around her waist tightly and rests his chin upon her hair. “
Learas and Myrelle are very welcoming and they know you very well.” he whispers into her hair, a mildly amused tone to his voice. She nods once before she speaks in reply. “They are. As I arrived here the first time, I wasn't like I'm now. I was scared, exhausted and haven't had anything to eat except fruits for days, if not a week or two. Myrelle found me sleeping in their barn and offered me to stay until I was fully recovered. They have done so much for me. I'm really grateful.” She hesitates before she adds. “Well… My leaving was in a kind of a hurry but nevertheless they've forgiven me for running away.” Raiquen shifts slightly, his brows furrowing before he brings his hand to her chin, making her tilt her head up so that he can look at her. “Why did you have to leave in a hurry?” he asks softly, curiosity touching his voice. He hesitates before brushing her temple with his lips as he sees her expression change. With a mild grin at the silence, he speaks up vaguely. “You don't have to tell me now if you don't want to.” Shenandrea offers him a halfhearted smile then as she answers his question. “ I had to leave because I didn't want them to get into trouble. See, I was on the run and those who followed me came close to the next town just a few miles away from here. I heard a rumor that someone was searching for a blonde elfess, having my stature and… I decided to leave as quickly as I could towards the harbor.” He nods once quietly, lifting a hand to comb through her hair before he speaks up again. “This is where you met Marék first?” he asks and Shenandrea nods once to answer his question. He grinned mildly at her lack of explaining any further, falling into a comfortable silence as he continued to stroke through her hair. After a while in the comfortable silence, the both of them had dozed off into sleep.

Shenandrea wakes up early in the morning, as habit required. She hears Myrelle working outside in the kitchen as she stands up and pulls on a new pair of trousers and tunic before leaving the chamber. Myrelle offers her a soft smile as she spots Shenandrea approaching her. “
I really hope I haven't woke you up.” Shenandrea shakes her head and pulls the sleeves of her tunic up as she smiles. “No you haven't. I'm usually used to waking up this early. Is there anything I can help you with?” Myrelle nods after a moment and hands her a bucket. “We should get some milk from the goats before everyone else gets up.” They both made their way to the stable to get the milk. Coming back, Shenandrea sets the bucket full with milk upon the table and walks down the corridor, opening the door to their chamber. She can hardly restrain herself from laughing out loud as she steps in, seeing Elarinya jumping next to Raiquen on their bed. “Waaaaake up! Waaaaaake up!” the girl squeals as Raiquen mumbles and adamantly smashes his face into a pillow to avoid the insistent words. The girl then plops down next to him and glances at Shenandrea as she tugs at the man‘s hair with a giggle. “Good morning Princess, want to get some breakfast?” Shenandrea asks and Elarinya quickly jumps down from the edge of the bed and darts out of the room. Raiquen shifts, still half asleep as he mumbles “Breakfast?”, opening his eyes to peer up to the elfess with a tilted grin. Shenandrea starts laughing this time before answering him. “Yes love, Breakfast.” she pulls the door shut behind her, letting him have the time to decently wake up, and walks towards the huge table. Myrelle had already given Elarinya her breakfast and some milk. Not long after, Raiquen joined them at Shenandra’s side and all were sitting together, enjoying the breakfast. It was a beautiful sunny day and they spent much time outside again.

The following days were peaceful and full of joy for everyone. Riding on horseback, enjoying the beautiful surroundings, making wreaths out of spring blossom. There was even some alone time for Shenandrea and Raiquen in the evening hours, when Elarinya was sleeping already. Knowing Elarinya was safe, it was easy for her to leave the house to have long walks with Raiquen along the nearby forest. She was able to tell him about her past, about her first years on Gobaith and heard stories out of his life in return.

One warm spring evening, the two of them were going into another direction from the evenings before. Shenandrea quietly leads Raiquen through the trees to a beautiful clearing. She had told him to keep his eyes shut as she led him to the hot-spring in the middle of the clearing, which he had obediently followed, before she sat down next to it and him. He opens his eyes after a moment and gazes around the clearing with a mocking but appreciative smile before he pulls her close to him. For a long and silent moment, he takes in the surroundings before lowering his chin slowly. Sliding a hand beneath her chin, he turns her face to him as he brings his lips to touch hers, the kiss different from the usual, more forceful and urgent. He breaks the kiss after a moment and rises from his position, only to pull her up into his arms. Cradling her against his chest, he carries her towards the edge of the spring and kicks his boots off, knowing full well that she was already barefoot as he walks straight into the water, letting it surround them. He lets her down with a light splash, his hand sliding down her back as he slowly pulls her against him. Then Raiquen was pressing his lips to hers again, making it clear that he intended something more than swimming. Shenandrea gave in after a moment and wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders as the time slid by, leaving them to spend some uninterrupted time there.

Dawn was breaking by the time they escape the hot-springs and make their way back to the house, clothes soaked and wrinkled. Both silently sneak into the house and into their chamber, changing the wet clothes for dry ones quickly before they both settled down, allowing themselves at least an hour‘s rest.

Days passed then just as the days before, apart from Shenandrea frequently gazing up into the sky, awaiting a letter from Ayla.
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

A soft smile crosses Shenandrea's face as she hears the falcon screaming high above her. She extends her arm, letting the large bird settle on it before reaching out for the letter he carries in his talons. After a moment, she moves back to the house, settling him on the balustrade and walking inside only to come back with some fresh rabbit meat which she lays down to the ground in front of him. The falcon jumps down to the ground and eagerly gulps down the meat as Shenandrea unfolds the letter and reads it. A light chuckle can be heard from her as she shakes her head and mutters softly, “Oh, Ayla....” Raiquen appears, slipping out of the small house before stepping up behind her and wrapping his arm around her waist. “Any good news coming from Gobaith?” he asks, his eyes browsing through the letter without asking for permission. He laughs mockingly at the part he's mentioned before speaking, a brow lightly lifted, “I guess, some know more about me than I'd have expected… And I have absolutely no idea of who they are.” His voice has a jesting undertone in it as he says the words, his attention shifting up to her face. Shenandrea folds the letter and keeps it in one hand as she turns in his grasp to face him, her expression teasing as she speaks “Do you really think Ayla would have let me leave Gobaith without knowing a little about you? She already was upset when I told her that Elarinya was alone with you as I went to ask for her permission to leave.” She lightly prods his chest with her fingertip while she speaks, causing him to chuckle softly.

Elarinya darts through the door suddenly to them, a flowery wreath draped around her head. Shenandrea kneels down awaiting her, arms wide open as Raiquen releases the elfess and takes a small step back, his hands falling to his sides as he grins. Elarinya bumps into Shenandrea with a giggle, a bright grin on her face. “Rin, I got a letter from your mother.” Shenandrea speaks lightly as she wraps her arms around the girl’s back. “They both love and miss you, darling.” Elarinya listens with wide eyes to what the elfess tells her, her childish giggles quieting. “They are happy and surprised to receive your drawing. I guess they'd love to get another one from you, what do you think?” Shenandrea strokes lightly through the brown locks of the girl, grinning and patiently waiting for her answer. “Another picture?” Elarinya giggles, asking the question before Shenandrea nods. “Yaaaaaay!” she squeals, ducking out of the elfess' embrace and darting to the porch. Myrelle comes out of the house and looks at Elarinya climbing up into a chair before sitting down and preparing herself. With a soft giggle, Myrelle turns and looks to Shenandrea quizzically. “What have you promised the poor girl now that she's so brave to sit down rather than enjoying the nice weather on her swing?” Shenandrea laughs easily as she walks up the stairs of the porch, letter in hand. “Just a drawing that is to be sent to her parents. I will go and get the colors ready for her.” She explains before she places the letter on the table close to Elarinya's hands.

Inside the house, she walks directly to the chamber she and the other two had stayed in. She reaches out for a fine handcrafted wooden box, getting some parchment and bottles of different colored fine powders out of it. Moving to the small kitchen, she proceeds to take some glass bowls out of Myrelle's cupboard, filling them with some water before adding a bit of powder from the small bottles into it, making a watery pulp. Shenandrea sets the bowls on a tray and brings it outside with her carefully. She tugs the girl’s sleeves up gently and settles the small bowls with watercolor in front of her. Eagerly Elarinya starts drawing, smearing her hand with red color and pressing her palm upon the parchment. Giggling, she says “This is fun!” Intuitively, Myrelle goes inside the house and grabs a bucket full with water which she brings outside. Shenandrea looks questioningly at her before she begins to understand Myrelle's intention and chuckles. Myrelle sets the bucket down next to Elarinya with a soft smile. She gently strokes the girl’s hair before she steps around to stand next to Shenandrea, who had taken a seat upon the balustrade. Lightly, Myrelle caresses over Shenandrea's back while they both watch Elarinya drawing. She murmurs something after a moment’s silence, smiling as Shenandrea groans in reply. “Shenandrea, I was never so certain about one having a child of her own as I am about you.” Myrelle winks at Shen’s groan as Shenandrea takes a deep breath before replying. “You are not the first to tell me this. But...” She lets her words trail off as Myrelle cuts in with her own. “I know you don't like the idea and I can understand it… At least, I try to understand your reasoning. I know it isn't easy for you to give up your masquerade of always being tough and strong. I guess you are just afraid of a possibility that you might come to the point where you can't protect your beloved ones.” Shenandrea lets her gaze drop down from Elarinya , her head lowering as she bites her bottom lip. “It is not the fear of not being able to protect my beloved ones, Myrelle. It's more the reason that whenever I felt safe, something bad would occur.” Myrelle pats Shenandrea's shoulder lightly, answering her in an honest voice. “Oh goodness Shenandrea, haven't you had pleasant days here since you arrived? You can also have these pleasant days on Gobaith, when you go back there. Don't tell me you don't have friends there who can help you when threat comes upon you.” Myrelle pushes herself away from the balustrade, coming to stand directly in front of Shenandrea.“ What about Elarinya's mother, wouldn't she stand at your side? What about Raiquen? What about Learas and I? Do you really think you are alone? That you have to fight all on your own?” She briefly pauses between the questions, never giving Shenandrea the chance to reply as she does. “Shenandrea, we had this discussion already a long time ago. You are -not- alone. Why don't you just trust us and everything else will solve itself within seconds. Just don't fight against it, it makes it all worse.” Shenandrea winces slightly at Myrelle's words as Elarinya jumps down from the chair and comes to them, the parchment in her hand.

Shenandrea's expression changes from violation into a soft smile as she kneels down in front of Elarinya. The girl holds the parchment proudly in front of he, allowing both Myrelle and Shenandrea to look at it. Shenandrea points to something on the picture “What is this?” she asks and Elarinya giggles as she answers. “The tree with the swing.” - “And this ?” - “ A horse!” - “And what is this?” Shenandrea points to another part of the picture. Elarinya turns around, releasing the parchment with one hand to point at the house behind her. “The house.” She says proudly, definitely satisfied with herself. Shenandrea leans in, leaving a soft kiss upon the girls forehead before speaking. “I think Ayla and Jorokar will be pleased to see this picture Elarinya, it's gorgeous.” She says and tilts her head. “Do you want to draw another one? Maybe for Learas and Myrelle this time?” Elarinya giggles and her head bounces up and down in a nodding motion. She gives Shenandrea the recently drawn picture and darts off to crawl back onto her chair, starting to draw again. Shenandrea lays the parchment on the ground in the faraway corner of the porch before she joins Myrelle again, who looks questioning at her. “How long are you supposed to stay here, Shenandrea?” she asks and points to the letter she received this morning. Shenandrea gives a dry chuckle before answering her. “I shall not feel forced to hurry back in an instant. This is so Ayla, to let me stay here with her child, forcing me to have no excuse to sneak out while being alone with him.” Myrelle laughs easily as Shenandrea grits her teeth and motions toward Raiquen, who had just appeared on horseback, Learas on another beast at his side. Myrelle tilts her head to the left side as she looks at Shenandrea from tiptoe to hairline then, not bothering to look at the two males that had just appeared. With a slow smile, she speaks up. “Do you have a dress with you?” Shenandrea stops laughing and blinks a few times, looking questioning at her. “I do. Why?” Myrelle steps up and tucks a strand of Shenandrea's hair behind her ear before she answers her question.” There will be a feast in about three weeks, maybe you three would like to accompany Learas and me.” Shenandrea looks questioning at Raiquen, who smirks crookedly as he steps through the gate and up the porch just in time to hear Myrelle‘s words. Shenandrea starts laughing as she replies. “Seems like I'm overruled. I will write Ayla, tell her that we are intending to stay for another three weeks if not a month.” Raiquen moves towards her and wraps his arms around her waist from behind her with a satisfied grin, his chin finding Shenandrea‘s shoulder as he looks to Myrelle. “You might have to help me to mend the dress a little, but I guess it should be still good enough to wear it to a feast.” Shenandrea says to Myrelle, who simply nods with a broad smile. ”We'll work on it later, then.”

Elarinya joins them after a moment, presenting her picture proudly to all. “I made another picture. It's for Learas and Myrelle.” Myrelle kneels down next to Elarinya, caressing the girl's cheek as she looks at the picture. “This is gorgeous Elarinya, thank you.” Learas inclines his head as he squats down in front of the girl. “We will keep it in respect. As for you, you have to search for a good place where we can put it so that everyone will see it.” Elarinya giggles joyfully and hands the picture over to them before she extends her hands up to Shenandrea. Shenandrea lifts the girl up and settles her on her hip as Raiquen adjusts his light embrace about the elfess to include the girl as well. “Have you heard Rin? We are going to attend a feast with Learas and Myrelle.” Shenandrea speaks lightly to her. “Isn't it wonderful?” The girl nods eagerly and snuggles her head against Shenandrea's shoulder as Raiquen brings one hand up to caress through the young girl’s hair. Myrelle leaves them after a moment to go inside the house, the sounds of dinner being prepared heard not long afterward. As Myrelle finishes up and calls them all in, everyone moves inside and takes a seat by the table, enjoying the delicious meal. Elarinya almost falls asleep, quietly playing with the wooden dolls she had been given by Learas a few days before. After finishing up, Shenandrea gently lifts the girl into her arms, cradling her to her chest as she carries her to her bed. She leaves the door ajar, allowing the others to hear her subdued lullaby that she sings to the girl.

The days pass by, finding the three working in and outside the house, riding and other joyful things they keep themselves occupied with. About two weeks later, Shenandrea begins to notice a strange change. Throughout the day, she starts feeling sick to her stomach and finds herself more and more exhausted, unable to get decent sleep. Consequently, she eats less and despite her recent habits, she eventually begins disappearing to walk alone into the forest, surrounding herself in the loneliness. Raiquen had noticed the change as well, quietly watching his elfess move around without that familiar little edge about her. He would complain about her not eating enough, only to find the subject brushed aside as Shenandrea rises to her feet and excuses herself from the house. Knowing that there was a shrine deep in the forest, far from the usual paths, she decides that evening on another lonely walk. On her way to the shrine, she gathers countless wild flowers which she lays down upon the pale white stone of the unmarked shrine. It was her refuge, in a way. Unlike the usual, faithful elven habits, Shenandrea visits such places only in times of need. On her way back, she pauses at a small clearing where a cold spring brings its water to the surface. She dips her hands into the bubbling, cold water and splashes some of the water onto her face. She decides to stay there for a while, enjoying the light cold breeze, the fresh air, smelling the moss and the earthy smell.

A while later, an obviously young elven woman crosses her path at the spring and Shenandrea inclines her head in reply as the elfess bows her head to greet her. The foreign elfess settles herself on a stone across the spring tentatively after a moment, folding one thin leg beneath her. Her voice is no more than a whisper as she barely opens her mouth, yet the words are clearly audible. “Be greeted, sister. You seem tired.” Even the birds above nestled in the trees stop chirping as the elfess speaks, allowing her lilting voice to resonate through the air. Shenandrea offers her a warm smile at her words, inclining her head again before she speaks. “ Be greeted as well, sister. Yes, I am a bit tired. I have probably eaten something bad that keeps my stomach upset and keeps me from sleeping.” The elfess tilts her head and slowly extends her hand out across the small stream towards Shenandrea, reaching for her own palm as she mutters, “May I ?” Shenandrea blinks in confusion, hesitating before nodding to the elfess. The elfess stands with a barely visible, smooth motion and steps around close before Shenandrea. “Don't be afraid,” She says as she moves her hands along Shenandrea's body and curves, never quite touching her. Shenandrea frowns and attempts to pull herself back but remains where she is as the elfess moves about her anyway.

A few minutes later, the elfess opens her eyes again and smiles softly. She takes Shenandrea's hands into her own and speaks lightly, an almost joyful lilt to her words. “You know that you won't be leaving this Isle alone...?” Shenandrea pulls one eyebrow up blankly, only to furrow both of them afterwards. “ I know that. I am not visiting this Island alone. We are three that are leaving in a few weeks.” The elfess laughs lightly at Shenandrea's words, only to grin and shake her head, sending her hair wildly around her shoulders. “No, my sister, you‘ll not be three. You'll be four.” Shenandrea gazes up to the elfess sharply then, frozen for a few moments before her face suddenly begins to pale. She swallows audible, barely able to utter a word as her hands begin to tremble with the realization of the other elfess‘ words. The other elfess watches her reaction before her eyes shift, gazing far beyond Shenandrea while still holding her trembling hand. After a moment, she speaks softly and releases Shenandrea’s hand. “I will have to leave you now. I am sorry that I am not able to stay longer with you.” Shenandrea doesn't dare to move an inch as the elfess sets her hand back into her lap and straightens, quietly disappearing into the deep of the forest within only a matter of seconds.

The two moons standing high on the clear sky gradually lighten the forest with their pale silvery light as Shenandrea finally manages to stand up, after having sat frozen in spot for countless moments. Slowly, she moves along the invisible forest path to the edge of the trees. Upon reaching the edge of the forest, she can see Raiquen waiting for her, quietly pacing a small route through the grass. As the elfess approaches, Raiquen comes to a stop and gazes curiously but cautiously to her, his brows drawn down into a mildly discomforted scowl. The look disappears though, brows arching instead as he notices Shenandrea’s strange posture, her hands awkwardly settled around her stomach. Hesitantly, she steps out of from between the last trees and into the moonlight. The moons shine down on her, causing her look even paler than the days before. Raiquen steps up quickly at that point, quietly pulling her close against him into a tight embrace. He slides one curled index finger beneath her chin, guiding her face up to allow his dark eyes to find her face. Seeing her unusually statuesque expression, he releases her from his embrace only to drop his arms and gently slide them around her back and knees, pulling her up off the ground and cradling her against his chest. “Shena, what is it that keeps you running away from me evening after evening?” he asks her in a cautious yet soft voice as he turns with her in his broad arms, moving carefully toward the small house. Shenandrea snuggles her head against his shoulder, hiding her face against him as her hands still drape over her stomach, refusing to answer him.

Shenandrea remains quiet in Raiquen’s arms until they reach the house again. Myrelle stands silently before the door, waiting for them outside on the porch as she watches the man approach. Relieved at the sight of Shenandrea in his arms, she says “ Ah, you found her. Good.” Then she looks at Shenandrea and quickly approaches them, lifting a hand and tucking one strand of Shenandrea’s hair back behind her ear. “Oh my, you look quite doleful, dear.”, she mutters before seeing Shenandrea's hands framing her stomach. With a blink, she gives a bemused giggle. “I won't say it out loud, but seeing you in this condition Shenandrea… I can really just assume one thing that has you looking like this.” Myrelle spins around and holds the door open for Raiquen, who gives a thin and clearly uncertain smile as he slips past the door‘s threshold. Inside, Raiquen moves to the small hearth tucked back against the wall, a fire alight in it. Easing down upon the carpeted ground, he shifts Shenandrea into his lap and slides an arm over her own that cover her belly, his head tilted to watch her face in mild concern. Myrelle steps away to her husband and kneels down while whispering something to Learas, not bothering to be silent enough to keep Raiquen from hearing. “She's pregnant, from the looks of things. Doesn't eat, can't sleep, feeling sick to her stomach... Yes, pregnancy is the only solution.”

Raiquen does not immediately pay any attention to Myrelle’s words as he lowers his chin to place a soft kiss against the back of Shenandrea’s neck. Then he slowly blinks as the words he heard sinks in, causing his brows to furrow suddenly as his head snaps around to look at Myrelle. The elfess turns beside her husband, catching Raiquen’s startled look before she offers him a soft smile. Raiquen remains staring at her for a long moment before he slowly turns back to look down at Shenandrea, his eyes sliding over her arms folded so warily over her stomach. His mouth gapes as if he was going to say something but he remains quiet, shocked even. Then he blinks, shaking his head slowly before he wraps both arms gently around Shenandrea, his hands finding hers and sliding his fingers to lace with her own. Slowly, Raiquen drops his head to rest his chin back against Shenandrea’s shoulder, a conflicted look on his face as he furrows his brows. Then at last he mutters lowly, his voice uncertain for the first time as he looks down to the elfess in his arms. “.. Pregnant.. Shenandrea? Are you.. Honestly..?” Shenandrea blinks a few times before inhaling wearily and audibly. Hesitantly, she tilts her head up to him but her eyes focus on his shoulder rather than his face. She sighs outwardly before she attempts to say something, her words just a stuttered whisper, "It ...is....what..this other elfess told me, that ...we are not three that are leaving but four. I don't even know who she was but she had something about her. Something that was clearly recognizable. Something old and knowing." Hesitantly, she lifts her gaze away from his shoulder to meet his, trying to measure his reaction and condition. His face, as she looks to it, is passive and thoughtful as he keeps his brows lightly drawn down. He seems to restrain some sort of instinctive panic, closing his eyes briefly as he drops his head back down to nestle against hers. For a long moment, all that is heard is silence before gradually Raiquen’s smile broadens. His arms shift at that point to completely surround her as he pulls her even closer and mutters softly, warmly into her ear. “Sadness? Why are the both of us acting sad? This is… Wonderful news, love. Even if unexpected.” A low chuckle slides from his lips then as he places a kiss against her shoulder, only to look back up into her eyes, his brows lifting, “You’re… Going to keep the child, aye? The both of us..?” Her eyes widen in a surprised if not shocked expression at hearing his delighted voice when he speaks. Carefully, she pulls back from him and looks at him, measuring his expression once more before she gasps at realizing what he asks. Hesitantly, she answers his question with a simple nod and mutters "I think I will… Yes." Raiquen watches her closely as she replies, taking note of her hesitations as he does. At her words, his smile broadens even more though there is a strange wistful softness to it. With a low chuckle, he reaches forward to pull her back into his arms, a hand slipping up to her chin as he moves to place a slow kiss on her lips. “Good…” he mutters softly afterwards before leaning back again to gaze quietly to her tired face. After a moment, Raiquen looks up and away from Shenandrea, turning his attention to Myrelle and Learas. There is an unusual, proud glint in his eyes as he moves to stand up, easily pulling Shenandrea up into his arms again as he does. “If you two do not mind… I am sure.. She could use some rest.” Myrelle smiles brightly to the both of them, a knowing twinkle in her calm eyes as she and Learas both nod, dismissing the couple.

After gently carrying Shenandrea to the chamber they shared and over to the bed, Raiquen sits down slowly amongst the covers. He cradles the elfess gently in his arms, one hand coming to stroke gently through her hair for a long moment in silence, simply watching her with that quaint smile on his face. He leans forward then, placing a lingering kiss on Shenandrea’s forehead before allowing her to lay back on the bed and shifting to pull her close against him. In the weary silence of the night, the man slowly moves a hand to slide beneath the soft material tunic she wears, his fingertips caressing patterns along the bare skin of her for now flat stomach in a gentle and loving touch. With his chin nestled against hers and his eyes closed, it is not long before the man drifts off into a light sleep, his palm never leaving her. Shenandrea feels his hand upon her stomach, listening to his breathing slow gradually as he dozes off to sleep as well as Elarinya's light snoring in the background. She does not even try to move an inch as she lays cradled and sleepless against his chest. For her, it feels different now, feeling the touch of his hand. She begins thinking about and recalling the happenings of the day, the news she had heard from the foreign elfess and Raiquen's reaction to it all. A soft smile drifts over her lips as she slowly mouths the word 'pregnant' before she dozes off into a finally peaceful sleep.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Shenandrea wakes up in the early morning before dawn. The house was quiet, everyone else still comfortably asleep. Shifting a bit, she finds Raiquen’s palm still on her stomach and giggles quietly. Raiquen moves lightly in his sleep at her giggle, though his palm just slides up a bit to the top of her abdomen, fingers curling lightly against her skin. She grins and attempts to turn around and sit up straight, trying not to wake him up as she does. His embrace around her tightens though, keeping her right next to him as one eye cracks open with an amused glint. He mutters sleepily into the pillow, muffling the words as his head turns aside a bit. “Sleep love, you really need some more rest..” His voice is teasing and mocking, a tiny smirk quirking on his lips as Shenandrea replies with a low growl to his words, causing him to chuckle mockingly. He sits up slowly, pulling his hand away from her stomach to support himself by leaning back on his elbows. Shenandrea turns from her side to her back and gazes up at him, shooting him a jesting glare before she speaks. “I am not deathly ill. I am just pregnant. There are a lot of women that are able to do almost anything in this state, so don't even think of overprotecting me.” Raiquen pulls one perfect eyebrow up as he looks at her, rolling his eyes lightly before regarding her with the soft expression. She can see something new in the look in his eyes, a different kind of softness though she hasn‘t been able to figure out the change exactly. He chuckles then and lets his fingertips pick up the soft pattern from the evening again, caressing over her stomach. Despite her usual habit, Shenandrea just stretches lazily, unwilling to get up just yet. She shoves her hands underneath her head, still looking at him. Raiquen shifts down a bit and slides the bottom of her tunic up slowly, brushing his lips softly against her stomach before placing a teasing kiss above her bellybutton with a grin. Shenandrea giggles softly as she watches him, dropping a hand down to brush absently through his hair, causing his eyes to fall closed as he continues to lightly kiss along her stomach.

An hour or two later, the sounds of Myrelle quietly working in the kitchen, thrumming with pots, cups and plates, echoes out through their door. Both of them sit up slowly into a normal position as they hear someone knocking on their door a few moments later. Shenandrea gives Raiquen a brief glance as the man rolls onto his back and sits up with a stretch before she says lightly “
Come in.” She shifts again, leaning herself against the wooden wall as she looks at Myrelle coming into the room with some steaming liquid in a cup. Myrelle offers them a knowing smile as she eases the door open and sets the cup down on the small bedside table next to Shenandrea. “Drink this while it is hot and before you come to eat some breakfast. It will ease your upset stomach.” she says quietly before she turns around to leave the room again. Shenandrea does as she has been told and tentatively takes a sip out of the cup after raising it to her lips. Instantly she grimaces at the bitter taste of the tea on her tongue. Raiquen chuckles mockingly, rolling his shoulders back in a stretch as he looks to her with one eyebrow pulled up arrogantly. Shenandrea shudders and sets the cup aside with a light cough, her nose wrinkled to complete the look of disgust. “This is worse than medicine... She could have at least have some honey added into it.” She speaks before the next shudder runs through her. Raiquen still chuckles quietly, regarding her with a doubtful look as he leans over her, reaching out for the cup. Leaning lightly against her, he pulls the cup forward and takes a curious sniff of the liquid. He wrinkles his nose at once at the burning smell of herbs, offering Shenandrea a pitying look. “Is it really -that- bad?” he asks in the same mild doubt as Shenandrea simply nods in response. He gives a chuckling sigh and peers down to the tea for a long moment. Afterward, he shakes his head and dares to take a sip, only to gag immediately after swallowing, handing her the cup back quickly. “Alright, it really -is- that bad…” he stutters with a cough.

Only after a few moments, Raiquen quickly pulls himself out of the bed with a sickened grunt and darts out of the room without a word. It was obvious enough what was wrong though by the way he ran out, pressing one hand over his mouth. Myrelle, sitting by the large table and in the process of mending Shenandrea's dress, peers up to the urgently opened door. A puzzled look touches her face as she sees Raiquen darting through the house and outside, rather than Shenandrea of who she was expecting to see. The elfess quietly sets everything aside and rises to her feet, quickly walking to Shenandrea's chamber. She gives a brief knock on the door before she shoves it open and looks at Shenandrea questioningly. “
Shenandrea, are you alright? And… Why is Raiquen rushing out, all of a sudden?” she asks slowly, glancing back over her shoulder to the distant sound of retching. Shenandrea blinks then starts laughing, a hand lifting to point to the cup. “ I suppose he thought he'd be brave and give it a taste.” Myrelle looks back to Shenandrea, only to join into her laughter as she looks into the cup. “You should finish it up. It won’t upset your stomach like it does with his. Even if the tea tastes like medicine, be sure that it will help your early stomach illness.” Shenandrea obeys quietly after a moment, lifting the cup grudgingly and gulping the last few mouthfuls of tea down. Upon swallowing the last bit of the tea, she grimaces again and inhales deeply afterwards. “Ugh, I hope you won't make me drink this again...” Shenandrea says, shuddering while she speaks. Myrelle laughs lightly as she takes the cup out of Shenandrea's hands. “Every morning dear, every morning.” she says lightly before turning to leave the small chamber again, giving another giggle as she hears Shenandrea groan.

A while later, Shenandrea hears the rustling sounds of Elarinya waking up, causing the elfess to rise out of bed despite the low nausea she suffers. She was just about to sit down on the edge of Elarinya's bed when the girl sits up with a yawn and rubs her sleepy eyes with her small fists. Shenandrea offers the girl a soft, loving smile as she lifts a hand and strokes through the girl’s light brown locks. After a few minutes of watching the girl, Shenandrea rises to her feet again, finding a pair of new clothes and sliding into them before sitting down and brushing through her hair. Elarinya joins her, crawling up into her lap as she points to the brush. With a light chuckle, Shenandrea lowers the wooden handled brush and gently pulls it through Elarinya's hair, brushing the straight locks down. Afterward, she helps the young girl out of her sleeping clothes and into new ones before Elarinya manages to dart out of the room with a giggle. Slowly, Shenandrea shifts to stand, not trusting the shallow peace in her stomach. As she leaves their chamber, Raiquen tentatively steps through the door of the house, a hand brushing a bit shakily over his lips as he grimaces. His face is covered with a light sheen of sweat while his skin is pale from the effects of the medicinal tea. Shenandrea gives him a caring but pitying look this time as she closes the distance between the two, lifting one hand to rest on his pale cheek. She grins a bit crookedly as she speaks in a light, teasing voice. “
You should have known better, dear. Some medicine is not for everyone’s usage, that tea included.” She winks at him before she walks to the table and sits down. Raiquen grins lopsidedly, a wryness to the look as he grunts to her comment and follows her to the table quietly.

After the group finished up breakfast, Myrelle moves off to continue mending Shenandrea's dress. After a short while of silence between them all, Myrelle looks up to the couple and puts Shenandrea's finished dress to the side. “
I worked on a dress for Elarinya.” she says as she rises slowly from her stool and walks to a chest tucked in the corner near the door to their chamber. Myrelle shoves the lid open and reaches down for a beautiful, small white dress with a red ribbon across the waist, the borders embellished with lace. Beautiful and bright flowers are embroidered along the upper part of the dress. Shenandrea offers Myrelle a soft and grateful smile as she sees the dress as Raiquen eases back slowly against the chair. The man grins lightly, appraising the small dress with a kind and somehow wistful expression. Myrelle calls for Elarinya and the girl appears out of a corner to her. The girl’s bright eyes widen in astonishment as she sees the gorgeous dress, an excited gleam in her look. Myrelle sets the dress across her thighs and reaches down to pull the girl’s tunic over her head, only to help Elarinya slip into the new dress. Shenandrea smiles softly as she looks at Elarinya, who happily twirls around to show off her new outfit. “You are gorgeous, Elarinya. Like a little princess.” she says softly before she looks at Myrelle. “Thank you for the dress Myrelle.” Myrelle offers Shenandrea a warm smile before they both turn to watch Elarinya skip over to Raiquen, who grins lightly and extends a broad palm out to take the girl‘s and twirl her around as if dancing. Afterward, Shenandrea dresses Elarinya in a pair of loose trousers and a small tunic again.

Later that day, the two women and the girl leave the house, riding on horseback to a beautiful meadow rich with flowers that was tucked back in a thicket of trees. All three of them begin to gather different flowers, setting their arrangements into a cloth-lined basket. After everyone had enough flowers, they settled down on a huge blanket, enjoying the sunny day by having a picnic. Myrelle, with her skillful and practiced hands, weaves the flowers into different wreaths while she hums a soft and old melody. Finishing up the first wreath, she wraps a wet piece of cloth around it and sets the wreath back into the basket. Elarinya darts around the meadow, hiding behind bushes or letting her hands trail along the flowers. Eventually, she comes back to the two, reaching out for a few apple slices left from the small picnic before drifting off to the two large geldings that had carried them. A piercing giggle of joy came from the girl, causing the two elven women to gaze up as she reached a small hand out to feed one of the beasts an apple slice she had taken a bite of moments before.

Most of the time Myrelle and Shenandrea could only hear Elarinya's joyful laughing as she left the horses and returned to her exploring through the tall grasses. Myrelle and Shenandrea pick up a nice conversation, conversing contentedly in elven throughout the time spent, pausing only whenever the girl decided to return to them. In the late afternoon, they made their way back to the house. Shenandrea dismounts and carries the basket of wreaths indoors to water the cloth-wrapped flowers before joining the others around the table. “
I can't believe that the feast is tomorrow.” She says as Raiquen steps up behind her, wraps his arm about her waist and casually settles his other hand upon her stomach, where it always seems to be fondly placed now every time she‘s near enough. He chuckles lowly, tilting his head aside to place a kiss against her neck as a brow lifts. “Excited, are you?“ he mutters casually, only to be answered by a smile on the elfess’ lips as she slips from his hold and moves to the dinner table.

After dinner, Shenandrea carries the weary Elarinya into their chamber, settling her into her small bed before telling her a good night story. Coming back from their chamber once the girl is asleep, she sees Raiquen looking up at her with the strange new gaze of his. She offers him a warm smile, which he returns softly with a wink, before she turns to Myrelle. “
Do you have some pieces of leather, scissors, needle and thread?” she asks lightly as she settles down beside Raiquen. Myrelle nods and steps away for a brief moment, only to come back with everything Shenandrea has asked for before handing it to her. Shenandrea sets to work, creating a pair of small shoes for Elarinya and styling them to the dress. Watching Shenandrea for a long moment, Raiquen eventually loses interest and turns his attention to Learas, starting a conversation about differences between the isle and Gobaith. Myrelle smiles faintly as she sets her stuff aside and starts working on a new pattern that Shenandrea had seen her messing with during the past few days. Frequently she had asked Myrelle what she's working on , only to get light giggles and silence as her only answer.

A few hours later, Shenandrea finishes her work on the shoes and gazes to the work of the other elfess as she tidies up. A soft chuckle escapes her suddenly as she finally realizes what Myrelle is working on. “
Are you trying to tease me, Myrelle? You aren't working on a romper suit, are you?” she says between her quiet fit of giggles. Myrelle glances up from her work and joins into Shenandrea's laughing as she catches the other elfess blushing lightly. “Oh, I am dear. And no I'm not trying to tease you. I just don't know when I will be able to see you again, so I am using the chance to give you a present before you are on your way back to Gobaith. I'd be suffering, not knowing that you have at least one suit for your child.” she says lightly and winks at her. Shenandrea groans again at the elfess' comment as Raiquen shifts his gaze from Learas to the elfess at his side as he hears her groaning.
Last edited by Shenandrea on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

At that point, Shenandrea rises from her stool with a shake of her head and walks into their chamber, reaching out for the fine handcrafted wooden box sitting on top of a dresser. Returning to the other three, she sits down on her stool again and opens the lid of the box, taking two slips of parchment, ink and the fine writing-feather out of it as she starts to write a long letter. A few moments later, she sets the first parchment aside and starts writing the second letter silently as Raiquen continues to watch her despite the conversation he had picked up with Learas. She raises again after finishing the second letter and reaches out for the drawing of Elarinya, which was placed on top of the cupboard to keep it protected from everything. She folds the drawing and the first letter and seals it with some wax, labeling the top of it clearly with 'Ayla To'lorn'. After sealing the second one, she writes 'Marék' on its top. She leaves the letters on the table as she stands with a yawn, quietly muttering a good night to the elven couple. Then, she withdraws with Raiquen to their chamber, only taking the wooden box with her. Soon after, both doze off to sleep, Raiquen’s hand once again lazily tracing patterns along her stomach.

Early the next morning, Shenandrea again wakes up before the rest of the house. She manages to sneak out of the bed this time without disturbing the man at her side, leaving the chamber quietly. No one in the house was awake so she decided to take one of the fuzzy blankets out with her. She wraps the blanket around her shoulder and eases down on Myrelle’s rocking chair. She can hear the early birds chirping somewhere in the trees as the faint wind blows through the branches. It was a beautiful and clear morning, quiet enough that she was able to hear the beat of hooves and the horseman approaching long before she was able to see him. As she listens passively, she hears the door being opened from inside and turns slightly to see Myrelle stepping out past the threshold. Myrelle gazes into the direction the horseman comes from, frowning mildly as he finally comes into the range of her sight. “
A messenger, this early?” she says more to herself than Shenandrea before she glances with a startled look to the other elfess sitting silently in her rocking chair. She gives a relieved sigh before she speaks up slowly. “If you want to, you can give him your letter and he can take it to the harbor.” Shenandrea offers her a grateful smile and raises from the rocking chair before turning to step past the door. She walks inside, her hand sliding beneath the letter for Marék and pulling it up to press lightly against her chest as she retraces her steps. As she comes back, the horseman pulls the gelding he rides to a stop and slides from the saddle, approaching Myrelle as he speaks something. Myrelle shakes her head slowly to the man’s question. He pauses after a moment and bows deeply in respect to the elfess, Myrelle simply nodding in reply to it. Before the man could turn around, she grabs the letter out of Shenandrea's hands and says “Be so kind and take this directly to the harbor?” The man hesitates and turns back, only to nod and take the letter, placing it in a small bag around his waist before he mounts up onto the horse's back again. He tugs the beast’s reins around, turning the horse before kicking him into a fast gallop. Myrelle turns back to Shenandrea once the messenger had taken off. “Now you don't have to bother yourself with a ride to the harbor, it will be there soon enough.” she says lightly as Shenandrea nods with an appreciating smile.

Myrelle settles her hand upon Shenandrea's shoulder and motions her inside again. Shenandrea turns to follow her quietly, stepping inside before she sits down on the stool by the table, grimacing as Myrelle begins preparing the elfess’s tea. Shenandrea sighs wearily after a moment, wrinkling her nose. “
Oh Myrelle, no. I am feeling fine today.” she mutters but Myrelle just shakes her head with a light giggle. “I know, but keep in mind that the tea saves you from sickness all day. I doubt you want to start feeling sick during the feast.” Shenandrea lets her gaze drop down to the table with a brief sound, obediently taking the tea as Myrelle sets the steaming cup before her. After the first bitter gulp of tea, Shenandrea shakes her head and stands, walking to the cupboard to get the honey jar out of it. She adds the honey to the tea and exhales in relief as she tentatively takes a sip of the tea, finding that it doesn't taste near as bad as the morning before.

Half an hour later, everyone else in the house had finally awoken. It was a flurry of activity, everyone gradually preparing for the evening feast. Rather early, Shenandrea decides to slip into her evening dress. It was an ivory colored dress with moss green ivy-twines embroidered on it, the dress Myrelle had worked on for days. She chose to pull her hair back into an ornate braid, weaving it together smoothly. For the first time in a long time, as she quietly regards her appearance in a mirror, Shenandrea doesn't feel uncertain about wearing a dress. Stepping out of the chamber on light feet, she returns to the large common room and joins the others. Elarinya's the first to see Shenandrea as she sits perched on top of a small stool, grinning brightly before saying a joyful “
Oooooh! Beautiful...” Shenandrea offers the girl a soft smile, chuckling at the way she stumbles over the big word. Raiquen glances out from the nearby kitchen at the sound of Elarinya’s sudden excitement, arching a brow as he steps aside to lean against the doorframe. He blinked once as he looked from the young girl to the elfess near her, both brows raising in sync at the sight of the dress Shenandrea wears. His eyes openly trail down her body, only for a coy and playful smile to drift over his lips. Silently, he steps away from the kitchen and moves around the room, stepping behind Shenandrea and slowly wrapping his hands about her torso as he glances over to Elarinya. Resting his chin on the elfess’ shoulders, he brushes his hands gently along the soft material of her dress with a chuckle. “Beautiful, indeed, isn’t she Rin? I must be one lucky man, getting to be surrounded by such beautiful ladies.” He winks at Elarinya, who bounces with an excited giggle before she reaches her hands up to Shenandrea eagerly. “My dress! My dress, Shenaaa?

With an amused shake of his head, Raiquen straightens and releases Shenandrea from his hold, his eyes shifting to Myrelle as she approaches. Myrelle smiles fondly to the three before she lifts a brow, speaking up lightly. “
If we all want to be ready in time, perhaps the both of you should start getting dressed?” Raiquen glances toward Elarinya then winces slightly, giving Myrelle a pleading look. She and Shenandrea both giggle at the look on the man’s face as he sighs softly. “You two are really going to force me into formal clothes, aren’t you?” Myrelle gave a light tut of her tongue as Learas stepped behind her, mild amusement in his eyes. “They will, even if they have to tie you down and dress you themselves, I believe.”came the low reply of the elven man as he rests a fond hand on Myrelle’s shoulder. Shenandrea reaches out for Raiquen’s hand as she jests “Be nice, or else we really are going to tie you down as Learas suggested.” Elarinya joyfully squeals at the same time before Shenandrea speaks “Come! Get ready!” She emphasizes the last word in an urgent voice, tugging Raiquen‘s hand a bit. Raiquen sighs once more and steadies himself before following the elfess and girl to their room.

In the room, he gives Shenandrea another mocking look before he turns to get himself dressed up. Shenandrea proceeds to pull Elarinya’s clothes off and helps her into her dress, tying the red ribbon around the girl’s back. She ties Elarinya's light brown locks into a loose ponytail after brushing through them gently. As they leave their room, Shenandrea sets the smallest of the three wreaths upon Elarinya's head, securing it there. Shenandrea carefully sets her own wreath upon her hair, before she turns to help Myrelle with hers.

Soon after, all five leave the house, riding on horseback again as Elarinya chooses to ride with Raiquen. Half an hour later they arrive at the meadow where the feast is located. The meadow surrounded by flower-garlands and a lot of sales outlet tables set around the huge meadow. In the middle in the fireplace is a huge fire burning and some of the visitors of the feast are already dancing along to some wonderful elven music. Soon Shenandrea follows the beat of the music, swaying with Elarinya settled on her hip as she walks. The day passes on full with joy, laughing, dancing, chatting.

Early in the evening, Elarinya who is clearly exhausted by all of the excitement and running and dancing around, falls asleep cradled against Shenandrea's shoulder. Long after sunset, when the moons were already high on the sky, the five make their way back to their home. Shenandrea undresses Elarinya quickly, attempting not to wake her up. As the girl sleeps peacefully she turns to join the others again.

She settles herself on a stool close to the table. A frown crosses her face as she sees the folded piece of parchment on the table as Myrelle steps out of the kitchen with some goblets with water. “
Ah, there you are Shenandrea. A letter has arrived for you. “ Myrelle motions to the table as she hands the other elfess a goblet. Shenandrea reaches out for the letter, her expression darkening for a brief moment as she sees the rough shaken writing of her name. She sets the goblet aside and opens the letter. Raiquen steps curiously up behind her, giving a low dismissive grunt as he slides his arms about her shoulders and reads the letter himself. “Five more happy days and a lot of distress having you on board this ship again. Are you sure that there is no other way to travel back to Gobaith?” Shenandrea groans lightly at his comment and lowers her hands, settling them with the letter onto her lap. “See, as far as I know, others only come here once a month at best. I think we should take our chances with Marék again, or we're set here for another couple of weeks. Not that I mind staying here, but I suppose Ayla and Jorokar are really longing to see their daughter again. It has been quite a long time that we've been gone. And another few probably longing to see me again after this long absence.” she says, a determining look in her gaze as she looks up at him. Raiquen pulls his lip into a thin and forced line as he gives a small nod in answer to her words. Myrelle joins them again after a moment, glancing between them. Shenandrea looks up to her and smiles softly, briefly letting the tiniest bit of a sad expression cross her eyes. “We have another five days to stay with you. Knowing Marék, he's going to leave the harbor at sunset.” Myrelle gives her a brief understanding nod and says softly “ I'm sad that you have to leave again already. I have to confess that I've grown attached with having you around me.” Shenandrea reaches out for Myrelle's hand, squeezing it lightly. “Not only you have grown attached, Myrelle. We had a pleasant time here, and I really enjoy that I hadn't to rush off like I had the last time.” She says in reply to Myrelle's words.

The last days spent on the island follow the same joyful pattern as all the days they had spent there. One of the days, it was warm enough for an attempt to go swimming again. Elarinya eagerly learned what Shenandrea and Myrelle were trying to teach her. Soon, the girl was able to swim at least a few strides on her own, between Myrelle and Shenandrea and even closing the distance to Raiquen. Once, when Shenandrea stepped out of the water, she noticed Raiquen gazing toward her with a strange, soft look of his again. Shenandrea follows his gaze after a moment, down to her stomach, before smiling softly at the tiny roundness that her stomach had began to show. Yet not big enough to clearly see, but visible to those who know.

On the morning of their last day, Myrelle places some of the herbs for Shenandrea's tea into a pouch and hands it to her as Shenandrea attempts to pack the bags. Shenandrea was able to hear Elarinya and Raiquen joyfully play outside in the garden. The way Elarinya is squealing, she was able to tell that they were trying to catch each other. With a soft smile, Shenandrea folds Elarinya's gorgeous dress and sets it in one of their bags. Myrelle rejoins Shenandrea in their chamber, helping her to set everything into their bags. With a soft smile she sets the clothes away and reaches out to pull Shenandrea in a light and fond embrace as she speaks “
I am really going to miss the three of you. Promise that you're going to visit us as soon as you are able to. And don't let it be six years of not seeing you again! You have to write me, promise Shenandrea. Else I will really attempt to find you on Gobaith.” Shenandrea chuckles softly and shakes her head before saying.” It won't take me another six years to remember a place I call home, Myrelle. I hereby promise that I’m going to visit you as soon as things are settled on Gobaith again, and as soon as....” She lets her words trail off for a moment, thinking of what to say. “ That reminds me that I have absolutely no idea of what comes next, while having this precious thing in my belly.” Myrelle laughs lightly and with a light jest she adds “You'll know it soon enough. And I guess that at least Elarinya's mother will eagerly offer you a helping hand in every question you have about pregnancy and everything that comes with it.” Shenandrea groans lightly. “Speaking of Ayla, I suppose she'll freak out. She's one of those women who have set this thought into my head… I was just able to dismiss this before. I'm really anxious about her reaction.” With a soft laugh between them, they went on with their conversation after hugging once more before returning to the packing. After everything was in the bags and Shenandrea gives the last glance through the room, Myrelle calls for lunch. Quietly they all eat their lunch, definitely feeling the tension of parting in the air.
Last edited by Shenandrea on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

In the afternoon hours, both Learas and Raiquen are found busy tying packed bags upon the horses’ backs. Myrelle quietly puts some bread and dried meat into a bag and adds some more herbs for Shenandrea in concern that she might not have enough with her. The food-bag was the last to tie up before everyone settles himself upon the horses backs. The ride to the harbor was quiet because no one spoke a word, even Elarinya who loves to babble remains quiet and snuggles herself against Myrelle's chest, riding with her on horseback. It took them longer to reach the harbor, a clear hesitance in the entire group caused by everyone’s want to stay there and not have to part from each other.

A quiet sigh escapes Shenandrea's lips as she finally sees the first flagpoles along the road, meaning that they aren't far from the harbor. Myrelle, who rides next to her, looks softly over to her before reaching out to lightly squeeze Shenandrea's shoulder in silence. The two men close the distance to them, taking the lead now as the first few sailors come into sight. Shenandrea was able to hear Raiquen growl, without really knowing what's going on. Leaning aside to see why Raiquen growls, she catches sight of a man standing not far from them. She pulls her lips into a thin line and mutters something under her breath towards Myrelle that might sound like “
I should have known, hearing Raiquen’s growl.” Myrelle gives Shenandrea a questioning look, just to hear Shenandrea speaking “Hello there, Liam.” offering him a wry smile afterwards. The man looks at her with a broad smile, nodding to her “Hello to ye too Shenandrea. I'll tell Marék at once that ye're here.” and rushes off without waiting for her answer.

Dismounting from the beasts back, Myrelle steps close to Elarinya and Shenandrea while Raiquen and Learas get their bags from the horses. Some of the ruffled voices around the few buildings at the harbor echo nearer to them. Shenandrea gives a brief chuckle at hearing Raiquen’s dismissive and rather annoyed grunt at the appearance of some men. She tenses slightly as Marék, Liam and a third sailor approach them and instinctively sets herself in front of Elarinya. Marék nods once to her “
On your way back home, aren't we Shenandrea?” The elfess nods in answer to his words. Shenandrea reaches out for a pouch on her belt and hands it to the man. “Yes and I hope we won't take long.” an icy undertone in her voice as she speaks. Marék nods again, only to turn and head back to his vessel. Shenandrea takes a deep, relieved breath as she turns back to the other elfess who had taken Elarinya into her arms. “I think it is time to say good bye. And I promise that it won’t take me long to write and come back to visit you.” she says softly, this time with a sad undertone in her voice. Myrelle offers her a soft but sad smile “I know it won’t take you long, the circumstance is different than at your last stay here. Just promise to write and to take care of you, the child, Raiquen and Elarinya.” The elfess leans in then, leaving a soft kiss upon the girl’s light brown locks as she speaks. Shenandrea extends her arms, reaching out for Elarinya. Myrelle hands her over after another kiss upon the girl’s cheek. Shenandrea settles the girl upon her hip and draws Myrelle into a light one-armed embrace. “Farewell my dear friend. I'll let you know when we've arrived.“ Myrelle nods and motions Shenandrea to turn around.

With the same gesture as she has greeted Learas, Shenandrea now repeats this gesture again before him. “
Farewell dear Learas, take good care of yourself and Myrelle. It will take us some time until we are back on Gobaith.” Learas also repeats the gesture, only to gain a gasp out of Shenandrea as he draws her into a light but short embrace, releasing her with a smile. “Farewell Shenandrea, it has been a nice time having you here. There's nothing I could add to what Myrelle already has told you, just that I wish to see you all soon again.” Shenandrea nods to him. “ I promised that already to Myrelle, Learas. And I will keep my promise.” Raiquen steps up behind Shenandrea as Learas leans down to give Elarinya a soft kiss upon her forehead “Farewell little girl, and I hope to see you again too” Raiquen bows to Myrelle and Learas, bidding them farewell quietly before he squeezes Shenandrea’s shoulder, silently signaling her to turn around and walk towards the vessel which patiently waits for them, ready for departure. Elarinya waves to Learas and Myrelle as she shouts “Byeeeeee Learas, byeeeee Myrelle!

Boarding the vessel, the three at once move to their old cabin again. The days on the ship pass by, not as joyful as they have been upon their first journey. Shenandrea decided not to be around on the deck as often as she has been before.

A few days later she wrote another letter to Ayla, letting her know the date of their arrival.